Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-30-2013, 17:44   #61
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
No more like try it if you want or don't I am trying it if you don't want to don't.

I think you just like to argue and that's fine but it still does not change the fact I am going to try one out...

You don't have to try one I will tell you how mine does you can believe it or not.
I don't care..

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
We are glad that you are going to try it and excited to see what data that you will have to share. Please collect and share as much data as specifically as you can. Knowing what ammo, environmental conditions, lubricants, maintenance intervals, along with other accessory parts and upgrades will help make the information about the bolt's performance be used in a more meaningful context.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 17:51   #62
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I had no problem reading them. I do agree a number of post on these forums are hard to read but I did not see that issue in his post.

I guess it is safe to assume that you will not be buying a BCG from this company?

I would but they keep selling out. I have tried twice so far. Back in stock in April it seems.
I have no problem buying different things and trying out different approaches to timeless issues. Last year we began a long term comparison study of an established standard in the AR segment of the industry and a relative newcommer to that segment.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1422995

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-30-2013, 17:55   #63
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
We are glad that you are going to try it and excited to see what data that you will have to share. Please collect and share as much data as specifically as you can. Knowing what ammo, environmental conditions, lubricants, maintenance intervals, along with other accessory parts and upgrades will help make the information about the bolt's performance be used in a more meaningful context.
Also the type of use, especially as it pertains to the rate at which the rounds are fired. 5 shot strings with time to walk out and check the target in between? Or 40 rounds in a couple of minutes, repeatedly?

Just an example of what people will want to know when you get out there with it

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 17:55   #64
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
I think they are an OEM supplier of different products in different industries, therefore they it is just assumed that anything and everything they make, even if it's an entirely new market/venture for them, will definitely be high quality.

Or something like that?
Using that logic, we should branch out and start training piano teachers.

Old 03-30-2013, 18:11   #65
bug

Quote:
That's what I am waiting for and the only reasons I haven't unsubscribed to this thread.

Do you have a projected or estimated round count for this bolt over, say, the next 3 months or so? 6?
No, I have no time line... I have 500 rounds of ammo at the moment. I need way more then that so I can test.

Last edited by bug; 03-31-2013 at 06:29..
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 18:17   #66
bug

Quote:
You posts are virtually unreadable. Among the lack of punctuation, run on sentences, lack of paragraphs, and use of the wrong homonyms, just about everything you post can be interpreted multiple ways. I am no grammar Nazi, but good grammar and punctuation, along with specific word choices are conducive to effective communication.
Look the least important thing to me at this moment is impressing you with my grammar...

If my posts are hard to read be my guest and stop reading them...
I believe you can unsubscribe at any time.
I mostly post from my phone and don't care if you find my post content hard to read or correct.

Last edited by bug; 03-30-2013 at 20:24..
Old 03-30-2013, 18:34   #67
bug

Quote:
I have no problem buying different things and trying out different approaches to timeless issues. Last year we began a long term comparison study of an established standard in the AR segment of the industry and a relative newcommer to that segment.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1422995
I followed that thread and enjoyed it I will do my best to document when and how much I shoot.

I believe it got locked cause you were just trying to share info and some folks just wanted to argue strange how that happens.

The weapon that will be used:

I will start with that.

Bcm 16" mid length upper cold hammer forged barrel 1/7 twist, DD omega free float handguard.

Hogan defense gen 3/lower palmetto parts kit with ALG mil spec trigger.

Mil spec buffer tube properly staked, H buffer with troy battle ax stock.

Magpul grip and sling.

DD fixed rear site and Eotech xps3-4.

This gun has given me( mediocre shooter at best) 1.5 in groups with XM193 AND 2-2.5 in groups with wolf 55 grain at 100yard .

It has about 5000 or so rounds down range.

If ammo comes down to normal I will shoot as much as I can afford.

ETA: the bolt carrier in the gun now is a Nib carrier and bolt

Last edited by bug; 03-31-2013 at 05:39..
Old 03-30-2013, 22:57   #68
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
Let's see. Daniel Defense used to be a new company. So was PSA and Spike's. Come to think of it, BCM used to be a new company, also.

I'm glad there are folks willing to give new companies at least a chance, before summarily condemning them.
This. I remember when people made several comments about BCM when they were new..... especially all the internetz Operators.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:11   #69
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Look the least important thing to me at this moment is impressing you with my grammar...

If my posts are hard to read be my guest and stop reading them...
I believe you can unsubscribe at any time.
I mostly post from my phone and don't care if you find my post content hard to read or correct.

In post 54 you wrote,"read my posts...". Now you tell me to stop reading them. Once again you are trying to have it both ways. There is a huge difference between "impressing people with... Grammar" and communicating effectively with the written word. I am sure that your phone has the capacity for punctuation. I have never seen a smart phone that did not.

Blaming your laziness on your communications device is yet another example of why you are finding it challenging to build credibility. Expecting to test out a bolt with 500 rounds of ammo is another.

Thank-you for using punctuation. If you truly did not care if your posts were hard to read, you wouldn't have.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:22   #70
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
I followed that thread and enjoyed it I will do my best to document when and how much I shoot.

I believe it got locked cause you were just trying to share info and some folks just wanted to argue strange how that happens.

The weapon that will be used:

I will start with that.

Bcm 16" mid length upper cold hammer forged barrel 1/7 twist, DD omega free float handguard.

Hogan defense gen 3/lower palmetto parts kit with ALG mil spec trigger.

Mil spec buffer tube properly staked, H buffer with troy battle ax stock.

Magpul grip and sling.

DD fixed rear site and Eotech xps3-4.

This gun has given me( mediocre shooter at best) 1.5 in groups with XM193 AND 2-2.5 in groups with wolf 55 grain at 100yard .

It has about 5000 or so rounds down range.

If ammo comes down to normal I will shoot as much as I can afford.

ETA: the bolt carrier in the gun now is a Nib carrier and bolt

Lot's of different companies make xm193. Some, like Winchester, actually make it or get it in several locations and have different item numbers based on where it was made. Wolf markets at least 5 different 55 grain .223 loads from 3 different makers so a few more details on ammo in the future may be helpful.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:27   #71
bug

Quote:
In post 54 you wrote,"read my posts...". Now you tell me to stop reading them. Once again you are trying to have it both ways. There is a huge difference between "impressing people with... Grammar" and communicating effectively with the written word. I am sure that your phone has the capacity for punctuation. I have never seen a smart phone that did not.

Blaming your laziness on your communications device is yet another example of why you are finding it challenging to build credibility. Expecting to test out a bolt with 500 rounds of ammo is another.

Thank-you for using punctuation. If you truly did not care if your posts were hard to read, you wouldn't have.
Once again I invite you to not come back and read this thread any more.

I am not blaming my phone I just dot care if my punctuation and grammar are good enough for you.

I am not lazy at all I have worked every day of my life.

I will admit that my post are not gold. but your reading comprehension sucks ass .

I never said 500 rounds was enough as matter of fact I said its not even close to enough ammo.

As I said you just want to argue.

No one has answered my questions yet:

Who makes BCM BCG?

Core15 ?

Old 03-31-2013, 06:29   #72
bug

Quote:
No, I have no time line... I have 500 rounds of ammo at the moment. I need way more then that so I can test.

Here is the quote about the ammo see your reading comprehension sucks ass

Old 03-31-2013, 06:35   #73
bug

Double tap

Last edited by bug; 03-31-2013 at 06:37..
Old 03-31-2013, 07:45   #74
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Here is the quote about the ammo see your reading comprehension sucks ass

So, you meant to write that you needed way more THAN that, and it is my reading comprehension that sucks? Use punctuation. Use the words than convey what you are trying to communicate, then you can criticize other people's reading comprehension skills. My mind reading skills do suck. My ability to read and comprehend the written word is just fine.

There is a difference between physical laziness and mental laziness. Your laziness here is mental laziness. How hard you work is not germain. How hard you think is the issue.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:00   #75
bug

Quote:
So, you meant to write that you needed way more THAN that, and it is my reading comprehension that sucks? Use punctuation. Use the words than convey what you are trying to communicate, then you can criticize other people's reading comprehension skills. My mind reading skills do suck. My ability to read and comprehend the written word is just fine.

There is a difference between physical laziness and mental laziness. Your laziness here is mental laziness. How hard you work is not germain. How hard you think is the issue.
What do the Germans have to do with it???

Like I said you just want to argue.

I am not lazy either way metal or physical.

You are disingenuous... That is very clear.

Last edited by bug; 03-31-2013 at 09:49..
Old 03-31-2013, 08:16   #76
Schrag4

Quote:
Well, what I DID was get a spare BCM BCG.

And if I had to get one that was available, retail, right now, as a spare/backup I'd get this for $199

http://www.core15rifles.com/core15-bcg-99627.html

Or I'd just hit up Gunbroker and pay what I had to in order to get quality, as that would be less expensive than buying something of lower quality and then buying again, later, to get what I really wanted in the first place
Hey, thanks! I've been looking for a BCG that's in stock at a somewhat reasonable price! (a bit higher than I'm wanting but it's a seller's market)
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:25   #77
MD357

FWIW, I think it's good that people are checking out new products. It's also says a lot when a company takes the time to cater to random inquisition. People might be skeptical, BUT they are making assumptions with NO data. At least the guinea pigs put themselves out there....... grammar and all.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:34   #78
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
FWIW, I think it's good that people are checking out new products. It's also says a lot when a company takes the time to cater to random inquisition. People might be skeptical, BUT they are making assumptions with NO data. At least the guinea pigs put themselves out there....... grammar and all.
Incorrect.

We have data. For example, we know this company has never manufactured something like this before.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45   #79
MD357

Quote:
Incorrect.

We have data. For example, we know this company has never manufactured something like this before.
That's not data.

What you MIGHT know is that they haven't marketed this particular product to the general product. They state that this particular product has seen testing elsewhere, so therefore it's been previously manufactured.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:52   #80
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
That's not data.

What you MIGHT know is that they haven't marketed this particular product to the general product. They state that this particular product has seen testing elsewhere, so therefore it's been previously manufactured.
But not necessarily by them, which is the point.