SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:18   #41
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Thanks for the report, rather anyone buys one or not you took the time to give us the info.
Thanks
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:22   #42
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
Thanks
Honestly someone could post the cure for cancer on GT and there would still be negative post in that thread. I guess that is just the nature of some on here.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:27   #43
bug

Quote:
Honestly someone could post the cure for cancer on GT and there would still be negative post in that thread. I guess that is just the nature of some on here.
I know I have seen it too and honestly, I have done the same thing before so i am guilty of it as well.

But I am trying not to do that I am just giving my view the best I can I don't expect anyone to agree just trying to help fellow gun owners when things are tough.

No matter Spring is here so the computer goes in the closet and the guns come out. (-:
Old 03-29-2013, 11:03   #44
Ruggles

Quote:
I know I have seen it too and honestly, I have done the same thing before so i am guilty of it as well.

But I am trying not to do that I am just giving my view the best I can I don't expect anyone to agree just trying to help fellow gun owners when things are tough.

No matter Spring is here so the computer goes in the closet and the guns come out. (-:
I most likely have done it as well. Maybe it just a "guy" thing

As hard as BCGs are to find right now any source is worth at least looking into IMO.
Old 03-29-2013, 20:03   #45
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
I look at it like a spare tire in my car. Just used to get me thru in a pinch. Would you rather have a spare BCG of "unknown" quality or not have a spare BCG at all? I choose the former, no big deal.
Well, what I DID was get a spare BCM BCG.

And if I had to get one that was available, retail, right now, as a spare/backup I'd get this for $199

http://www.core15rifles.com/core15-bcg-99627.html

Or I'd just hit up Gunbroker and pay what I had to in order to get quality, as that would be less expensive than buying something of lower quality and then buying again, later, to get what I really wanted in the first place

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 03-29-2013 at 20:25..
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 21:05   #46
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Well, what I DID was get a spare BCM BCG.

And if I had to get one that was available, retail, right now, as a spare/backup I'd get this for $199

http://www.core15rifles.com/core15-bcg-99627.html

Or I'd just hit up Gunbroker and pay what I had to in order to get quality, as that would be less expensive than buying something of lower quality and then buying again, later, to get what I really wanted in the first place
Buy what you want, I have no issues with that at all. But I would still take this BCG over none at all. Since this is still a new maker who knows beyond conjecture if it is a quality one or not. At some point almost everybody making BCGs today was the new unknown guy. Some of those turned out to be great, other not so much. Who knows with this new maker which way it will end up

I am glad when more folks start making parts for ARs (and 1911s!) as it drives a better end product for all of us.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:12   #47
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Buy what you want, I have no issues with that at all. But I would still take this BCG over none at all. Since this is still a new maker who knows beyond conjecture if it is a quality one or not. At some point almost everybody making BCGs today was the new unknown guy. Some of those turned out to be great, other not so much. Who knows with this new maker which way it will end up

I am glad when more folks start making parts for ARs (and 1911s!) as it drives a better end product for all of us.
There are always other options. The "this BCG or nothing" is a fraud. Even just reading the post you quoted and clicking the link that was in it would show that.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 03-30-2013, 13:01   #48
Ruggles

Quote:
There are always other options. The "this BCG or nothing" is a fraud. Even just reading the post you quoted and clicking the link that was in it would show that.
When some one who owns one of the BCG in question can post something other than either one of our conjecture on the quality of it then then the matter when at least have some facts behind it. Right now it does not. You nor I have any factual knowledge about the quality of said BCG to try and state otherwise is foolish.

Until then no real point trying to debate on conjecture IMO
Old 03-30-2013, 15:07   #49
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
When some one who owns one of the BCG in question can post something other than either one of our conjecture on the quality of it then then the matter when at least have some facts behind it. Right now it does not. You nor I have any factual knowledge about the quality of said BCG to try and state otherwise is foolish.

Until then no real point trying to debate on conjecture IMO
I'm not the one claiming that this thing you know absolutely nothing about is worth spending hundreds of dollars on under the false pretense of not having a single other option.

Last edited by Warp; 03-30-2013 at 15:07..
Old 03-30-2013, 15:37   #50
bug

Quote:
I'm not the one claiming that this thing you know absolutely nothing about is worth spending hundreds of dollars on under the false pretense of not having a single other option.
Can you please tell me oh great guru of the BCG who makes the all mighty BCM carrier because its not BCM...

I like BCM they are A great company with great products and service but guess what they have not been around all that long and they were once new and untried and I bet even had a learning curve.....

And same could be said for core 15...

I have read threads on this very forum about guys having a bad BCM. Carrier.

It happens.... So I bug(the fat truck driver), me!! Not you!!! am going to try out this new BCG from a local company that from everything I can tell are a great bunch of guys to talk to and deal with so far....

So having said that if you Don't like the new product or think its crap great we get it.

Maybe one day after many years of testing you could try out one of those new fangled glocks them youngins been talkin bout.

Dang kids makin plastic guns heavens to bettsy...:D

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-30-2013, 15:57   #51
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Maybe one day after many years of testing you could try out one

Maybe so

Old 03-30-2013, 16:22   #52
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Cool I like apples and hammers

Not sure what was hard about my post for you, I will make it simple.

1 nice guys
2 what appears to me to be quality product
3 try one if you want I did.
4 I am not a internet commando I admit it, I am fat truck driver.
5 they are a OEM supplier what's confusing about that?
6 its a free country and you may do as you wish I was just reporting back on what I found..

Make up your mind. Are they a new company or are they an established OEM supplier?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 16:46   #53
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Make up your mind. Are they a new company or are they an established OEM supplier?
I think they are an OEM supplier of different products in different industries, therefore they it is just assumed that anything and everything they make, even if it's an entirely new market/venture for them, will definitely be high quality.

Or something like that?

Old 03-30-2013, 16:59   #54
bug

Quote:
Read what I posted they have been doing coatings ant metal treatment and other stuff for others for a while but the BCG is there first 100% all there own product

Last edited by bug; 03-30-2013 at 17:02..
Old 03-30-2013, 17:06   #55
bug

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug<br />

<br />
Maybe one day after many years of testing you could try out one
<br />
<br />
<br />
Maybe so
So who makes BCM who makes core 15 BCG

Old 03-30-2013, 17:11   #56
bug

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney<br />
<br />
<br />
I think they are an OEM supplier of different products in different industries, therefore they it is just assumed that anything and everything they make, even if it's an entirely new market/venture for them, will definitely be high quality.<br />
<br />
Or something like that?
No more like try it if you want or don't I am trying it if you don't want to don't.

I think you just like to argue and that's fine but it still does not change the fact I am going to try one out...

You don't have to try one I will tell you how mine does you can believe it or not.
I don't care..

Old 03-30-2013, 17:12   #57
Ruggles

Quote:
Read what I posted they have been doing coatings ant metal treatment and other stuff for others for a while but the BCG is there first 100% all there own product

You can not fight the brand name wars in this sub forum, logic nor reason is part of that war for some. If it is not brand "....." it is not worthy of some of the "war fighters" on here.

Like I said I for one welcome more choices in firearms, not less. At least I am open to the ideal of new companies making a quality AR related product. Some seem to think it is a impossibility, not even worth considering for a second. It's seems to be unique to this sub forum. Not everyone, just a vocal few.

Last edited by Ruggles; 03-30-2013 at 17:13..
Old 03-30-2013, 17:29   #58
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
You don't have to try one I will tell you how mine does you can believe it or not.
I don't care..
That's what I am waiting for and the only reasons I haven't unsubscribed to this thread.

Do you have a projected or estimated round count for this bolt over, say, the next 3 months or so? 6?

Last edited by Warp; 03-30-2013 at 17:29..
Old 03-30-2013, 17:38   #59
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:

You posts are virtually unreadable. Among the lack of punctuation, run on sentences, lack of paragraphs, and use of the wrong homonyms, just about everything you post can be interpreted multiple ways. I am no grammar Nazi, but good grammar and punctuation, along with specific word choices are conducive to effective communication.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 17:42   #60
Ruggles

Quote:
You posts are virtually unreadable. Among the lack of punctuation, run on sentences, lack of paragraphs, and use of the wrong homonyms, just about everything you post can be interpreted multiple ways. I am no grammar Nazi, but good grammar and punctuation, along with specific word choices are conducive to effective communication.
I had no problem reading them. I do agree a number of post on these forums are hard to read but I did not see that issue in his post.

I guess it is safe to assume that you will not be buying a BCG from this company?

I would but they keep selling out. I have tried twice so far. Back in stock in April it seems.