Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:17   #21
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
Exactly. The BCG is the heart. One piece you definitely don't want to skimp on.

A little skepticism of a new company is a good thing. It takes time for a company to prove itself.

Let us know how it holds up, cleans up, etc. you may have made a great find. Only one way to find out.

For me, I'd stick with someone like BCM until they get a track record.

I'm skeptical of any part like a BCG that claims it doesn't need lubricant. Thermal process? Sounds like cryo freezing- that'll align the molecules - I looked into it for my firearms.
That 'no lube' claim...an on AR15 bolt carrier group...is enough to send me running in the opposite direction at full speed, honestly

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 21:34   #22
bug

Damn people can find a argument anywhere any more.

I was trying to give folks a heads up with a product that's hard to find.

I am going to try one when they come in, I shoot 5-6000 rounds during the warm months. I will put them all through the gun with this carrier and let you all know How it goes.

That's if I can find ammo,I use wolf most of the time so I will actually try going with out lube and see how many rounds it takes till failure happens

Last edited by bug; 02-23-2013 at 22:04..
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 22:13   #23
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post

I am going to try one when they come in, I shoot 5-6000 rounds during the warm months. I will put them all through the gun with this carrier and let you all know How it goes.

That's if I can find ammo,I use wolf most of the time so I will actually try going with out lube and see how many rounds it takes till failure happens
Don't use lube.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 02-23-2013, 22:19   #24
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:

Thanks for trying it out and giving report back, when you get the chance. If there weren't for folks like you, there would never have been progresses in the world. If all humans had sat around and wait and see and speculate and bash, we would still be driving on squared tires.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 22:26   #25
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Don't use lube.
I will not use lube thats the plan.
Old 02-24-2013, 16:10   #26
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Pricey. I wonder how good the finish is. Could it be better than NiB?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 16:33   #27
Ruggles

Quote:

The bread and butter on here for some is finding something to argue about it seems.

I think they look like they are worth a try. I will join you in picking one up next month as a spare BCG, too bad we can not pre order as I would today. BUt I think the fact that they are not taking pre orders is a good sign of their business practice. Linked the website so I can order one in March, thanks
Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 16:58   #28
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
The bread and butter on here for some is finding something to argue about it seems.

I think they look like they are worth a try. I will join you in picking one up next month as a spare BCG, too bad we can not pre order as I would today. BUt I think the fact that they are not taking pre orders is a good sign of their business practice. Linked the website so I can order one in March, thanks

Cool I will get one and report back to this thread what I find...
Who knows maybe its a great product.
Or it could be yet another in a long line of flops.
Like I said its a local company to me 10 min away so for me its a have to try thing...
Old 02-26-2013, 09:23   #29
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
That 'no lube' claim...an on AR15 bolt carrier group...is enough to send me running in the opposite direction at full speed, honestly
Yeah, that's what stood out to me too. Come on.... I don't even shoot mine much and I keep it lubed very well.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto

Last edited by michael_b; 02-26-2013 at 09:24..
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 16:43   #30
Ruggles

Quote:
Cool I will get one and report back to this thread what I find...
Who knows maybe its a great product.
Or it could be yet another in a long line of flops.
Like I said its a local company to me 10 min away so for me its a have to try thing...
For less than $250 it is worth a shot to try. Worse case it becomes a emergency back up BCG. I think it might just turnout to be pretty good.
Old 02-26-2013, 17:15   #31
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
For less than $250 it is worth a shot to try. Worse case it becomes a emergency back up BCG. I think it might just turnout to be pretty good.
Worse case?

If you will never use the gun it goes into for anything 'important', then the worse case is that when it breaks catastrophically it damages another part of the gun and you have to replace it and replace/repair the other part of the gun.

Or maybe it breaks and you have to go buy another bolt or carrier or whatever specific little part in order to make the rifle functional again.

No way in hell the worse case is that it works, but you don't like it so you replace it with something else.

Last edited by Warp; 02-26-2013 at 17:18..
Old 02-26-2013, 21:34   #32
Constructor
GT Sponsor

The treatment/finish sounds like Melonite. Nothing wrong with it at all but I would use oil. A 70c carrier sliding in rough anodizing on the receiver that is also near 70c is going to heat up and wear something.
Constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 19:59   #33
bug

Ok update time.

Went to see the factory where they are made in Akron.

1 the specs are there carpenter steal proper staking well made
on par or better than any carrier out there.
2 the process and finish are basically a Melonite/Tenifer type of finish and its done well.
3 The company doing the work is doing the finishes for half the company's in the industry
when I was there I seen, barrels for LWRC, 4000 S&W M&P hand gun slides, Kriss Barrels lots of 1911 frames/slides, sights, BCGs for all kinds of company's enough AR barrels to make you cry.
GE train engine cylinders and all kinds of stuff I could not identify.

I tried to upload a pic but its a cell picture its crappy but its all i got
Attached Thumbnails
Black Rifle Forum - Click for larger version  

Last edited by bug; 03-28-2013 at 20:00..
Old 03-29-2013, 06:15   #34
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Not high pressure tested, batch MPI, carrier made drom 8620 while bolt carpenter 158, and reduced, not eliminated Oil and grease requirements claimed. The "proprietary hardening process" concerns me the most. Harder often does not mean stronger. Sometimes harder means more brittle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:43   #35
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Not high pressure tested, batch MPI, carrier made drom 8620 while bolt carpenter 158, and reduced, not eliminated Oil and grease requirements claimed. The "proprietary hardening process" concerns me the most. Harder often does not mean stronger. Sometimes harder means more brittle.
I understand but he took the time to take me, a nobody for a tour to show me every thing.
I am not a operator, I am a fat truck driver.
But he still took the time to show me around.
I have to respect that about him he could have told me to F off. I told him I was curious about the product.
I was in the there lab I can tell you they are testing this product and all the other stuff as well. As I said they had a lot of manufacturers stuff there for this coating.

As far as the process you are probably using a barrel or other parts already that they coated. If you have a S&W M&P they more than likely did the melonite finish. Would you consider a M&P a bad product?

I don't work for them and its up to everyone to make there own choice.
But I am glad they are trying.

But its a american product built here by honorable guys, that were not afraid to show me what they are doing.

I bought one and will report back on its performance if I can find ammo.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-29-2013, 06:50   #36
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
I understand but he took the time to take me, a nobody for a tour to show me every thing.
I am not a operator, I am a fat truck driver.
But he still took the time to show me around.
I have to respect that about him he could have told me to F off. I told him I was curious about the product.
I was in the there lab I can tell you they are testing this product and all the other stuff as well. As I said they had a lot of manufacturers stuff there for this coating.

As far as the process you are probably using a barrel or other parts already that they coated. If you have a S&W M&P they more than likely did the melonite finish. Would you consider a M&P a bad product?

I don't work for them and its up to everyone to make there own choice.
But I am glad they are trying.

But its a american product built here by honorable guys, that were not afraid to show me what they are doing.

I bought one and will report back on its performance if I can find ammo.

There are so many apples to hammers comparisons in your post that No coherent rational response can be made. Great leaps forward are made by guys who try new things, but most who try new things have many failures for every leap forward.

Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:58   #37
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
There are so many apples to hammers comparisons in your post that No coherent rational response can be made. Great leaps forward are made by guys who try new things, but most who try new things have many failures for every leap forward.
Cool I like apples and hammers

Not sure what was hard about my post for you, I will make it simple.

1 nice guys
2 what appears to me to be quality product
3 try one if you want I did.
4 I am not a internet commando I admit it, I am fat truck driver.
5 they are a OEM supplier what's confusing about that?
6 its a free country and you may do as you wish I was just reporting back on what I found..

Old 03-29-2013, 08:18   #38
Stephenthesuave

I held one yesterday that my buddy bought from them. He was very happy with the buying experience.

I wasn't, however, impressed with the carrier key staking. It looked nice and uniform, but didn't displace metal into the screws, which is the whole point obviously. They also use Allen screws, and I believe the Torx screws are the popular choice now.
Stephenthesuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03   #39
Ruggles

Quote:
Cool I like apples and hammers

Not sure what was hard about my post for you, I will make it simple.

1 nice guys
2 what appears to me to be quality product
3 try one if you want I did.
4 I am not a internet commando I admit it, I am fat truck driver.
5 they are a OEM supplier what's confusing about that?
6 its a free country and you may do as you wish I was just reporting back on what I found..

Thanks for the report, rather anyone buys one or not you took the time to give us the info.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:06   #40
Ruggles

Quote:
Worse case?

If you will never use the gun it goes into for anything 'important', then the worse case is that when it breaks catastrophically it damages another part of the gun and you have to replace it and replace/repair the other part of the gun.

Or maybe it breaks and you have to go buy another bolt or carrier or whatever specific little part in order to make the rifle functional again.

No way in hell the worse case is that it works, but you don't like it so you replace it with something else.
I look at it like a spare tire in my car. Just used to get me thru in a pinch. Would you rather have a spare BCG of "unknown" quality or not have a spare BCG at all? I choose the former, no big deal.