SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:04   #1
Polak
(pō'lāk')

My new AR

Amid the panic buying everyone is doing, I bought my first AR and my 3rd AK. Don't hang me for posting both here.

Black Rifle Forum

I thought the AR was a good deal. I got 12 (15 round NJ legal) PMAGs, a red dot, and 300 rounds of American Eagle ammo.

The AK is an Arsenal SGL34. My 2nd 5.45 for those who care
Glock 27Gen 4
Polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:10   #2
caponec2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Amid the panic buying everyone is doing, I bought my first AR and my 3rd AK. Don't hang me for posting both here.

Black Rifle Forum

I thought the AR was a good deal. I got 12 (15 round NJ legal) PMAGs, a red dot, and 300 rounds of American Eagle ammo.

what kindve ar? im also in NJ.. pm coming
caponec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13   #3
conpro

Good deal ?? How much.
conpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:42   #4
Pete7072

Where did you manage to get the 15 round AR mags ? I've been looking, but have not found any anywhere !
Pete7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:00   #5
DrtyHarry

In North Jersey (Bergan County), Ramsey Outdoor has several 15rd. AR mags for sale. Not the Paramus one, the one in Ramsey on Rt. 17 on the southbound side.

Is the butstock pinned...or is it telescopic? Congrats!!

DH
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15   #6
Pete7072

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
In North Jersey (Bergan County), Ramsey Outdoor has several 15rd. AR mags for sale. Not the Paramus one, the one in Ramsey on Rt. 17 on the southbound side.

DH
Crazy part is, I'm headed that way in about an hour, Hope I can get a couple. Thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28   #7
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7072 View Post
Crazy part is, I'm headed that way in about an hour, Hope I can get a couple. Thanks
LOL, I stop buy there almost every day to check up on what is in stock. They often carry 15rd 10mm mags for my G20 for $34...but I pretty much wipe out the store every time I go. LOL.

I didn't make it there yet today as it's my day off...but I'll be there at one point or another. Say hi if you see a 6' guy (270 lbs.) wearing and Under Armour winter cap! Good luck. Oh, and they only let you buy 2 20rd boxes of .223 ammo. You can go 5 minutes north of there into NY to Davis Sports and pick up as much as you can carry. Good luck.

DH
Old 01-30-2013, 12:50   #8
John_NJ

Quote:

DH
Do they sell handguns there as well? That's not to far from my office. Thanks.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Donít respond to the stupidity of a fool; youíll only look foolish yourself. Proverbs 26:4
John_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 13:26   #9
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NJ View Post
Do they sell handguns there as well? That's not to far from my office. Thanks.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
They sure do! They had a lot of Kimber 1911s there the other day, and a few Glocks. One being a gen 4 G20...but asking price was $649. I also saw a gen 3 22, 23, and a gen 4 26. They also had a USP .45 there as well, along with a variety of revolvers. Stock changes daily, Glock mag prices went up to $42 from $34. They are all really nice guys to deal with. Oh, and they had a HUGE box of 15rd 92sf mags for sale there as well.

DH
Old 01-30-2013, 13:52   #10
caponec2

if any of you NJ guys are looking at picking up a gen4 g26... let me know.. trying to sell mine
caponec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 14:13   #11
iluv2viddyfilms

heh... blue state with a big government big red governor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
videos on youtube.
iluv2viddyfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 14:15   #12
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms View Post
heh... blue state with a big government big red governor.
How very sad, yet true.

DH
Old 01-30-2013, 14:17   #13
iluv2viddyfilms

Quote:
How very sad, yet true.

DH
Glad you found a couple of good rifles, but that's ridiculous you can only have 15 round magazines. I'd say write a letter to your rep, letting them know you oppose that law.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
videos on youtube.
iluv2viddyfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 14:41   #14
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms View Post
Glad you found a couple of good rifles, but that's ridiculous you can only have 15 round magazines. I'd say write a letter to your rep, letting them know you oppose that law.
Blah...I wouldn't live in NJ if you paid me. I have a lot of family there though, I'm up in Vermont. But hey...at least in NJ you can have 15 rounds, unlike in NY where you will soon only be allowed 7 instead of the current 10.

This is reason enough to move out of NJ/NY for me. And getting a carry permit? Forget it...up here in VT, I don't need one and I can carry most anything I want, with as many rounds as I want. Was hoping Christie would loosen up the laws, but it doesn't look that way.

DH
Old 01-30-2013, 15:01   #15
Pete7072

Got those Magazines at Ramsey, however..... They were out of every type of magazine you can think of. The only reason I got the 15 Round AR mag was because I got lucky and asked the right guy behind the counter. He said he had 2 if I wanted them, but they are his. He gave them up. Cudos to Ramsey Outdoors. There must have been about 10 - 15 people waiting to talk to the gun counter guys. They were all out of .223 and 5.56 ammunition. Amazing. A guy told me he drove from Pennsylvania to get ammo. He said Cabelas was out of everything. Oh well was going to ride out there next week.
Old 01-30-2013, 16:12   #16
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Got those Magazines at Ramsey, however..... They were out of every type of magazine you can think of. The only reason I got the 15 Round AR mag was because I got lucky and asked the right guy behind the counter. He said he had 2 if I wanted them, but they are his. He gave them up. Cudos to Ramsey Outdoors. There must have been about 10 - 15 people waiting to talk to the gun counter guys. They were all out of .223 and 5.56 ammunition. Amazing. A guy told me he drove from Pennsylvania to get ammo. He said Cabelas was out of everything. Oh well was going to ride out there next week.
Yep, the guys at Ramsey Outdoor rock. They are very helpful, I know all of them that work there.

Surprised they sold all the .223 ammo....they had a couple hundred boxes last week, and were limiting customers to two 20rd boxes. Nuts!

Sometimes they will put things aside for me if I call them up and talk to my guy. He put aside a couple boxes of 10mm ammo for me, called me up as soon as he had them in stock and asked if I wanted them so he can keep them in back with my name on it. Talk about quality service. They sometimes don't even charge me if I'm doing a transfer. Not bad for a gun shop in NJ!

DH

(you should have checked Davis Sporting further up on 17 in NY...they usually have TONS of ammo in many different calibers.)
Old 01-30-2013, 16:21   #17
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

They do go well together.

Old 01-30-2013, 16:45   #18
Pete7072

Quote:
Yep, the guys at Ramsey Outdoor rock. They are very helpful, I know all of them that work there.

Surprised they sold all the .223 ammo....they had a couple hundred boxes last week, and were limiting customers to two 20rd boxes. Nuts!

Sometimes they will put things aside for me if I call them up and talk to my guy. He put aside a couple boxes of 10mm ammo for me, called me up as soon as he had them in stock and asked if I wanted them so he can keep them in back with my name on it. Talk about quality service. They sometimes don't even charge me if I'm doing a transfer. Not bad for a gun shop in NJ!

DH

(you should have checked Davis Sporting further up on 17 in NY...they usually have TONS of ammo in many different calibers.)
I'm set on Ammo. The Ammo I have, I won't shoot. I'll buy before I go to the range. They didn't say when they'll get more mags in, they said they go fast... If you happen to stop in, and they have 15 rounders available pick them up or put them aside for me. I would appreciate it !
Old 01-30-2013, 16:50   #19
DrtyHarry

Quote:
I'm set on Ammo. The Ammo I have, I won't shoot. I'll buy before I go to the range. They didn't say when they'll get more mags in, they said they go fast... If you happen to stop in, and they have 15 rounders available pick them up or put them aside for me. I would appreciate it !
I'm going to swing by later tonight or tomorrow as my guy has two G20 mags put aside for me. How many do you want? (assuming there are more coming in)

DH
Old 01-30-2013, 20:28   #20
Pete7072

Sorry Polak for getting off topic here. The rifle looks great, and that AK.... I wish I bought that WASR I saw at a show over the summer for $450. Kicking myself now.