Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2013, 14:30   #1
Farmalljon

Pierce 230gr FMJ .45 ACP Brass Jacket in a Glock?

Guys, I just got a brand new gen 4 Glock 21 a few days ago and I'm dying to try it out. I just came from L.L. Bean where I found two 50 round boxes of Pierce 230gr. FMJ .45 ACP ammo for $31.00 per box. It's made in the USA, uses cases that are headstamped "SPEER", and BRASS jacketed FMJ bullets. Anyone ever used this ammo before or ever seen brass jacketed bullets before? My question is, Can I safely shoot this ammo with it's brass jacketed bullets out of my gen 4 Glock 21? Any issues using brass bullets with Glock's polygonal rifling like there is with lead bullets??
Farmalljon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 15:00   #2
M 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmalljon View Post
Guys, I just got a brand new gen 4 Glock 21 a few days ago and I'm dying to try it out. I just came from L.L. Bean where I found two 50 round boxes of Pierce 230gr. FMJ .45 ACP ammo for $31.00 per box. It's made in the USA, uses cases that are headstamped "SPEER", and BRASS jacketed FMJ bullets. Anyone ever used this ammo before or ever seen brass jacketed bullets before? My question is, Can I safely shoot this ammo with it's brass jacketed bullets out of my gen 4 Glock 21? Any issues using brass bullets with Glock's polygonal rifling like there is with lead bullets??
It should be fine.

Fiocchi, Sellier&Bellot, MagTech, and Remington also use brass jackets in their ammo and they are just fine in Glock's polygonal rifling.

Have fun.

Last edited by M 7; 03-01-2013 at 15:01..
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 15:08   #3
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmalljon View Post
Well amigo. #1, I looked at their web site and under 45acp FMJ, the pics show all copper bullets, and they use a copper XTP in their SD offerings... Doesn't matter even if the bullet itself is brass, as tons of Remington "Golden Sabers," (brass bullets"), have been fired through Glocks and everything else for years.

Short answer..Brass bullets will not harm your Glock Barrel.

My other suggestion is, buy a better quality, or more heard of brand name. I don't shoot hardly any factory loads, cause I hand load all my own stuff. I see no 'cosmetic' reason to worry about the ammo you bought at all.. How they shoot and who loaded them is another story, Can't help ya there.

Just a suggestion. Try to stick with Remiongton, or Speer or Winchester. Again, from what I 'see", on their sight nothing is going to hurt your barrel, even if their brass bullets or copper.. that is ok !

I don't like brass bullets, and never have.. Just me, but they aren't going to tear up your barrel. Be more concerned about who loaded them and how they shoot.

Anyone selling Ted Nugent ammo, (which these folks do), I would not support !

Go shoot and have fun.

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 15:41   #4
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Hey amigo.. Check out this thread here on the forum for a tad more about brass bullets. Maybe it will help ya a bit.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1472624

Be blessed !

CM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 14:10   #5
SCmasterblaster

Shoot it!

Go ahead and shoot it. It will be OK.