Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 18:58   #1
SJ 40
Senior Member
 
SJ 40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 7,292
It’s George Soros Fault We Have So Little Ammo! Not.

This one I hadn't heard as of yet,but the NSSF issued a statement about it.

The latest Internet rumor has George Soros owning “most of the ammunition manufacturing companies and many arms manufacturers as well.” It goes on to suggest that Soros and his few remaining competitors are selling new production only to the government, while the civilian market has been relegated to a fast-disappearing stock of old ammunition.

If you’re like me, you check the ammunition shelves in every retailer you visit, and we all have felt the sinking feeling of seeing nothing but empty shelves. The trend is especially acute at the “Big Box” stores where speculators check every day to see if new shipments have arrived overnight. The gaps in the current ammunition supply are frustrating — but they are not a conspiracy.

Here’s the bottom line. George Soros does not own ANY manufacturers of ammunition or firearms. No manufacturer of either guns or ammunition has been ordered by the government to limit or alter its supply channels. All manufacturers are trying their best to catch up to this market, but it’s a simple matter of supply vs. demand. There is way too much demand for manufacturers to meet with supply. There is not enough tooling, infrastructure or raw materials at the ready anywhere in the entire world to keep up with current consumer demand. And that’s why we are seeing shortages.

That begs the second question of why demand is so excessive. Part of the reason is the prevalence of scare-mongering rumors on the internet. The solution to that is not to forward them along, but to communicate with your elected lawmakers and urge them to vote against the pointless new restrictions on our rights that are under debate in Congress and many state legislatures. If we can restore rational debate, then demand will fall back to within manageable levels, and manufacturers can catch up and restore supply.

Don’t be fooled by scare-mongering. Instead, make your voice heard and send a message to your elected lawmakers.

http://www.nssfblog.com/its-george-s...ttle-ammo-not/
SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 19:18   #2
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
This one I hadn't heard as of yet,but the NSSF issued a statement about it.

The latest Internet rumor has George Soros owning “most of the ammunition manufacturing companies and many arms manufacturers as well.” It goes on to suggest that Soros and his few remaining competitors are selling new production only to the government, while the civilian market has been relegated to a fast-disappearing stock of old ammunition.

If you’re like me, you check the ammunition shelves in every retailer you visit, and we all have felt the sinking feeling of seeing nothing but empty shelves. The trend is especially acute at the “Big Box” stores where speculators check every day to see if new shipments have arrived overnight. The gaps in the current ammunition supply are frustrating — but they are not a conspiracy.

Here’s the bottom line. George Soros does not own ANY manufacturers of ammunition or firearms. No manufacturer of either guns or ammunition has been ordered by the government to limit or alter its supply channels. All manufacturers are trying their best to catch up to this market, but it’s a simple matter of supply vs. demand. There is way too much demand for manufacturers to meet with supply. There is not enough tooling, infrastructure or raw materials at the ready anywhere in the entire world to keep up with current consumer demand. And that’s why we are seeing shortages.

That begs the second question of why demand is so excessive. Part of the reason is the prevalence of scare-mongering rumors on the internet. The solution to that is not to forward them along, but to communicate with your elected lawmakers and urge them to vote against the pointless new restrictions on our rights that are under debate in Congress and many state legislatures. If we can restore rational debate, then demand will fall back to within manageable levels, and manufacturers can catch up and restore supply.

Don’t be fooled by scare-mongering. Instead, make your voice heard and send a message to your elected lawmakers.

http://www.nssfblog.com/its-george-s...ttle-ammo-not/
SJ 40
I am in contact with my leftist representatives weekly.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 19:38   #3
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766
 
hotpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: SW / West Central Illinois
Posts: 4,456


Mine ignor me every day.
__________________
Keep your guns stashed and your powder dry.
hotpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 19:47   #4
SJ 40
Senior Member
 
SJ 40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 7,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpig View Post
Mine ignor me every day.
So do mine and SC Master Blaster's because they are the identical worthless,well I'll leave it at that. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 15:07   #5
A6Gator
Senior Member
 
A6Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barack's Plantation
Posts: 3,413
It's obvious, George Soros has bought the NSSF...
__________________
-The only easy day was yesterday
-If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just say this to yourself... “Baa.”
A6Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 15:34   #6
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
So do mine and SC Master Blaster's because they are the identical worthless,well I'll leave it at that. SJ 40
I have heard from the NRA that the VT governor is very pro-gun, for a democrat. SJ 40 - have you heard?
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 16:44   #7
SJ 40
Senior Member
 
SJ 40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 7,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
I have heard from the NRA that the VT governor is very pro-gun, for a democrat. SJ 40 - have you heard?
Same as you but after this.

Shumlin tweaks gun control message for national audience

"We don't go out and shoot up innocent kids in Vermont. We don't use guns of war to go after innocent people," said Gov. Peter Shumlin, at a forum in Washington DC, sponsored by the news outlet Politico.

Shumlin was pressed on gun control.

"Clearly you are going to have to do some things in this country that get magazines that can pop off 60-70 bullets when you pull the trigger -- no one is hunting a white tail deer with one of those. Lets do some sensible things that get them out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them," Shumlin said.

Politico: Ok, just to be clear, you want universal background checks?

Gov. Shumlin: I don't think there are too many rational people who would object to background checks.

Politico: So universal background checks, and then some restriction on the size of the magazine?

Gov. Shumlin: Yes.

During the campaign, candidate Shumlin filled out a questionnaire seeking the NRA's backing. Seven Days printed the survey after the Newtown shootings. It shows Shumlin said he does not support any restrictions on guns, magazine size or increased background checks in Vermont.

Here's more of what he said Friday in Washington.

Politico: But you don't want to see a ban on assault weapons?

Gov. Shumlin: It depends. I keep saying it depends how city boys define an assault weapon.

After the Newtown tragedy Shumlin declined interviews and issued a statement calling for a national conversation on gun control. Until now, he has not offered details, but consistently answers questions saying change needs to come from Washington. "If you don't buy your weapon of war in Vermont, New Hampshire -- you buy it at some gun show in another state. Or you buy it from a state with less restrictive regulations. We really need a 50 state strategy," Shumlin told reporters in December.

Reached by phone in between meetings in Washington, the governor maintained what he said Friday is not new. But he would not give any specifics or repeat what he had said hours earlier. "Well, I actually repeated what I've said in Vermont -- which is common sense, good 'ol common sense would lead us to know state by state positions won't work. We need a 50 state solution. And I have confident in the President and Vice President and Congress to come up with something that is sensible and I'm going to wait and see what they come up with," Shumlin said.

Political Analyst Chris Graff said Shumlin is taking a similar position to Senator Patrick Leahy on gun control -- in that both politicians have not been roped into defining what guns should be banned or included in legislation.
Vermont has many gun owners and some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country. Governor Shumlin said results of a new Castleton poll indicating Vermonters support some type of gun control, played no part in his thinking on the issue. But Graff said the poll may have made the governor a bit bolder publicly. Graff also said Shumlin must have known the Washington forum was being streamed to the web and would make it back to Vermont. As for mixed political messages in DC vs. Vermont, Graff said this isn't new -- former Governor Howard Dean would sometimes go farther on his positions in DC to a national audience, than what he would say in Vermont.
http://www.wcax.com/story/21311522/s...ional-audience




http://7d.blogs.com/offmessage/2013/...tionnaire.html


What's the saying trust but Verify,now I No longer Trust.

SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 14:31   #8
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
Same as you but after this.

Shumlin tweaks gun control message for national audience

"We don't go out and shoot up innocent kids in Vermont. We don't use guns of war to go after innocent people," said Gov. Peter Shumlin, at a forum in Washington DC, sponsored by the news outlet Politico.

Shumlin was pressed on gun control.

"Clearly you are going to have to do some things in this country that get magazines that can pop off 60-70 bullets when you pull the trigger -- no one is hunting a white tail deer with one of those. Lets do some sensible things that get them out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them," Shumlin said.

Politico: Ok, just to be clear, you want universal background checks?

Gov. Shumlin: I don't think there are too many rational people who would object to background checks.

Politico: So universal background checks, and then some restriction on the size of the magazine?

Gov. Shumlin: Yes.

During the campaign, candidate Shumlin filled out a questionnaire seeking the NRA's backing. Seven Days printed the survey after the Newtown shootings. It shows Shumlin said he does not support any restrictions on guns, magazine size or increased background checks in Vermont.

Here's more of what he said Friday in Washington.

Politico: But you don't want to see a ban on assault weapons?

Gov. Shumlin: It depends. I keep saying it depends how city boys define an assault weapon.

After the Newtown tragedy Shumlin declined interviews and issued a statement calling for a national conversation on gun control. Until now, he has not offered details, but consistently answers questions saying change needs to come from Washington. "If you don't buy your weapon of war in Vermont, New Hampshire -- you buy it at some gun show in another state. Or you buy it from a state with less restrictive regulations. We really need a 50 state strategy," Shumlin told reporters in December.

Reached by phone in between meetings in Washington, the governor maintained what he said Friday is not new. But he would not give any specifics or repeat what he had said hours earlier. "Well, I actually repeated what I've said in Vermont -- which is common sense, good 'ol common sense would lead us to know state by state positions won't work. We need a 50 state solution. And I have confident in the President and Vice President and Congress to come up with something that is sensible and I'm going to wait and see what they come up with," Shumlin said.

Political Analyst Chris Graff said Shumlin is taking a similar position to Senator Patrick Leahy on gun control -- in that both politicians have not been roped into defining what guns should be banned or included in legislation.
Vermont has many gun owners and some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country. Governor Shumlin said results of a new Castleton poll indicating Vermonters support some type of gun control, played no part in his thinking on the issue. But Graff said the poll may have made the governor a bit bolder publicly. Graff also said Shumlin must have known the Washington forum was being streamed to the web and would make it back to Vermont. As for mixed political messages in DC vs. Vermont, Graff said this isn't new -- former Governor Howard Dean would sometimes go farther on his positions in DC to a national audience, than what he would say in Vermont.
http://www.wcax.com/story/21311522/s...ional-audience




http://7d.blogs.com/offmessage/2013/...tionnaire.html


What's the saying trust but Verify,now I No longer Trust.

SJ 40
I should have known that the NRA over-rated him.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:20.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 822
218 Members
604 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31