SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2013, 22:38   #26
droidfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
You don't click on "external links" but you venture between many physical locations???

Interesting.
Bah, I carry for my protection, but even without i'm still confident in my ability to take care of myself.

Gt is mostly harmless, but out there on the random internets I gotta be much more mindful about what's happening with/to/through my machine then I care to be for the time being.

I also am needing all of my somewhat limited mobile data over my lines right now for work stuff. With the goals i'm working towards at the moment overages would damage my timetable, and external links generally lead to data intensive destinations.

You know, click through these 30 slides (so we can load a million ads and feed you some story one agonizing fact at a time)...website ads served top, side middle bottom and inset in the article...

...movies that start playing.

I generally use my mobile in desktop mode, so get all that.

(No, don't believe in ad blockers. Variety of reasons but including screwing up my work stuffs. Yes, i'm rooted)

Keeping up with the mobiles isn't really an issue. I'd hate to start the level of upkeep/time involved in re-imaging and resetting my various desktop boxes.

Something about abstinence...maybe it does work after all.
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:08   #27
66geo

Hid some cash so that I would not spend it..havent spent it yet and haven't found it yet neither.Guess the idea must have worked but not in a good way.

The worst of it,needed it but couldnt find it.
66geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:19   #28
G17Jake

Back in 1984, I found $450 that I had put inside an address book. It had been many months, maybe over a year earlier that I stashed it. Completely forgot about it. That was a pleasant surprise.
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:12   #29
byf43
NRA Life Member

Several times.
Items of note, that I've lost (and will never find):

My virginity.
My sanity.
My sense of humor.
My sense of compassion.

All kidding aside. . . . I don't typically lose/misplace things.
I can come home, set my keys on the cabinet by the door, and my wife will move them, and put them where SHE wants them!
30 minutes later, when I have to run over to the farm, my _ _ _ _ keys are gone!!

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012

Last edited by byf43; 02-21-2013 at 07:13..
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47   #30
Ronaldo
Ancient Member

Missing an old Prince Albert tobacco tin containing $1000 that I stashed for 'gun' money. This was in the early 1980's.....

Told my son that it would be his incentive to make a detailed and probing search of the house when I croak.

Ronaldo

'Blood and Chocolate - in the dark, you can't tell the difference'
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:14   #31
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
What condition was it in when you found it again? Was anyone else in the house?
Half full of water. I took it apart and threw it into a gallon of oil but still had to have it refinished and new springs put in.

No, anyone else in the house would have been drowned.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25   #32
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Half full of water. I took it apart and threw it into a gallon of oil but still had to have it refinished and new springs put in.

No, anyone else in the house would have been drowned.
So do you think it was on the counter all along buried under stuff, and everything else floated off, leaving only the gun?

Or was it friendly ghosts?

I am intrigued by this story.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16   #33
ca survivor

I feel a lot better now, I had this flashlight...........
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:39   #34
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
So do you think it was on the counter all along buried under stuff, and everything else floated off, leaving only the gun?

Or was it friendly ghosts?

I am intrigued by this story.
It could have been anywhere. Under a couch, over a cabinet, in a drawer, under a bed, in a closet, anywhere. The whole house was filled up with water to the ceiling. Mostly, it looked like it had been filled up with water, turned upside down, and shaken.

But, there were all kinds of strange things. Every book in the house was destroyed and ruined, except one. The Bible I was given by my church when I became a Christian at 15 was completely undamaged. Not even dirty, and the pages are still perfect. It was sitting on the floor in a pile of ruined books. It's sitting on my shelf now.

Figure that one out.
Old 02-21-2013, 14:12   #35
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

When my eldest was little I started setting aside silver dollars & $2 bills for "tooth fairy" money. Got to be a habit for several years. Now that my youngest is nearly grown I found this old checkbook cover in my files, with about 100 $2 bills inside.
Old 02-21-2013, 14:37   #36
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
It could have been anywhere. Under a couch, over a cabinet, in a drawer, under a bed, in a closet, anywhere. The whole house was filled up with water to the ceiling. Mostly, it looked like it had been filled up with water, turned upside down, and shaken.

But, there were all kinds of strange things. Every book in the house was destroyed and ruined, except one. The Bible I was given by my church when I became a Christian at 15 was completely undamaged. Not even dirty, and the pages are still perfect. It was sitting on the floor in a pile of ruined books. It's sitting on my shelf now.

Figure that one out.
I vote for a friendly ghost!

Interesting story. Not a cool story because there was so much destruction. I am glad your Bible made it through in good shape, and your gun made it through, mostly. Of course the most important thing is if the family made it through.
Old 02-21-2013, 14:40   #37
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Burger View Post
When my eldest was little I started setting aside silver dollars & $2 bills for "tooth fairy" money. Got to be a habit for several years. Now that my youngest is nearly grown I found this old checkbook cover in my files, with about 100 $2 bills inside.
How many kids did you plan for!!!! That's 5 kids worth of teeth, and that doesn't include the $2 bills the tooth fairy did give out!

Old 02-21-2013, 16:25   #38
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullClip View Post
Years ago, I was closing up the house before I went away for several months to work another project. Didn't want any punks to find my chainsaw as they could really wreck the place if they found it if somebody broke in. So I stuffed it somewhere. (Stihl FarmBoss, so no a small unit)

When I came home, I went looking for it.....couldn't remember where I put it. Not like anybody broke in, took just the saw, and tidied up afterwards......hmmmm

Took me about 10 years to stumble across it while I was re-doing some insulation in the basement to find it. I'd already bought a replacement. Had to clean the carburator, and a litle rust on the bar, but it fired up after that..

Drove me crazy, and I'd looked everywhere....or ALMOST everywhere that it could fit.

Ever hide something so good you can't find it later on??
Last place you looked, huh?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-21-2013, 16:34   #39
railfancwb

I routinely lose stuff and hide stuff (often the same thing), give up finding it and buy a replacement, then find it. Not so bad when it us a $5.00 Harbor Freight hammer, not so good when it is some other things. Just found my checkbook which apparently went missing in early December. Not THAT big a deal since I pay most bills online, but still...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-21-2013, 16:42   #40
Willfulone
CCA Corvette

Once, when I was in college, I drained my waterbed and
put my credit cards under it, then filled it back up, just
so I would stop using them

Will
Willfulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37   #41
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
Several times.
Items of note, that I've lost (and will never find):

My virginity.
My sanity.
My sense of humor.
My sense of compassion.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:18   #42
Chesafreak

I used to stash away cash from my (ex) wife and put some in different shirt front pockets of out of season shirts in the closet. I had to do that because just before every payday we would be broke and needing milk/bread money. Occasionally I would forget where I hid the cash and I would discover it later.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote