GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 20:56   #1
bikinbill
Member
 
bikinbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The RedNeck Riviera (NWFL)
Posts: 20
Cant wait to find out first hand

Hey Y'all,
I currently have a Gen3 30SF, and am waiting to pick up my new Gen4 21. I have it waiting at my LGS until the new credit card cycle starts which should be in a day or two, but, I can't wait for this answer...
I see on Glock's web site, that the 21 comes with 3 13 round mags, and can optionally use a "10" round mag.
I know I will be able to use the 21's mags in the 30, but will I be able to use the 10 round mags from the 30SF in the 21?
This is the first thread I've started here on GT, so hopefully it works, lol.
Bill
bikinbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 20:59   #2
mjsarge
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinbill View Post
Hey Y'all,
I currently have a Gen3 30SF, and am waiting to pick up my new Gen4 21. I have it waiting at my LGS until the new credit card cycle starts which should be in a day or two, but, I can't wait for this answer...
I see on Glock's web site, that the 21 comes with 3 13 round mags, and can optionally use a "10" round mag.
I know I will be able to use the 21's mags in the 30, but will I be able to use the 10 round mags from the 30SF in the 21?
This is the first thread I've started here on GT, so hopefully it works, lol.
Bill
No, the 10 round from the G30 will not work in the G21. It's too short. The "optional" 10 round for the G21 is basically a single stack mag that's the same length as the 13 round mag. It will work in a G30.
__________________
Big Dawg #313 / Sub Club #313 / TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club #3577 / NRA Life Member

Gen 4 G19 / Gen 4 G21 / Gen 3 G26 / Gen 3 G30SF

Last edited by mjsarge; 02-18-2013 at 21:02..
mjsarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 21:05   #3
bikinbill
Member
 
bikinbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The RedNeck Riviera (NWFL)
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsarge View Post
No, the 10 round from the G30 will not work in the G21. It's too short. The "optional" 10 round for the G21 is basically a single stack mag that's the same length as the 13 round mag. It will work in a G30.
Thanks! It's funny that on the website, the Gen3 doesn't have the 10rd option, but the Gen4 does.
Have a great one!
bikinbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 21:07   #4
mjsarge
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinbill View Post
Thanks! It's funny that on the website, the Gen3 doesn't have the 10rd option, but the Gen4 does.
Have a great one!
You're welcome! Enjoy the new Gen 4 when you get it. It's a great gun.
__________________
Big Dawg #313 / Sub Club #313 / TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club #3577 / NRA Life Member

Gen 4 G19 / Gen 4 G21 / Gen 3 G26 / Gen 3 G30SF
mjsarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:30   #5
BMiracletx
Senior Member
 
BMiracletx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 603
You will love it and it will be worth the wait! I also have a 30sf and a 21Gen4! The 21 is such a soft shooter and very accurate. I have a Lone Wolf barrel so I can shoot lead in it and I can usually shoot ragged holes with it. I also load some stout 230gr XTPs to +P level and have used them on pigs.

Yep.. the 10 rounders mentioned on the website are for those poor folks living in states that limit mag capacity to 10. Sometimes people will use the 10 rounders to shoot matches in Limited 10 class.
BMiracletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31   #6
F106 Fan
Senior Member
 
F106 Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinbill View Post
Thanks! It's funny that on the website, the Gen3 doesn't have the 10rd option, but the Gen4 does.
Have a great one!
The Gen 3 G21SF certainly comes with 10 rd magazines - California rules. I have one.

Richard
__________________
"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin
F106 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:09   #7
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 92,250
Congrats on the G21.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 538
130 Members
408 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31