Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 17:56   #1
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 24,061
Shots fired house burns

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...t-with-police/



No officers hurt. The short version is officers approach suspected grow house, shots immediately fired at them, they return fire, the house catches fire and later one is found inside the burnt house and another found after he hung himself a few blocks away.
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 18:28   #2
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 13,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...t-with-police/


No officers hurt. The short version is officers approach suspected grow house, shots immediately fired at them, they return fire, the house catches fire and later one is found inside the burnt house and another found after he hung himself a few blocks away.
First, thank goodness no LEOs were hurt.

Second, guess who's going to get blamed for the house going ablaze?

Third, guess who's going to get blamed for the DOA inside the burnt house?

Fourth, guess who's going to get blamed for that well hung guy a few blocks away?

Fifth, guess who said that maryjanes don't cause crime!

Yeah! 'Nuff said.
__________________
Although many good citizens own and carry guns, keeping communities safe still fall on those who carry badges.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 02-20-2013 at 19:26..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 18:53   #3
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post

Fifth, guess who said that maryjanes don't cause crime!

Yeah! 'Nuff said.
I believe the argument is that the CONSUMPTION doesn't lead to crime.

Because the drug is illegal, it was being grown illegally, and thus drew the cops in.



And yes, I think the cops SHOULD have taken this place down, and I have no sympathy for the dead SOBs, ESPECIALLY after they took shots at the police. I'm just clarifying that the argument about pot USE isn't valid. If it was legal, then they wouldn't have been grown it illegally, and the police wouldn't have had to go out there.......


.....at least, they wouldn't have had to go out there for the grow-house.

Anyway, good riddance to bad rubbish, no loss to the world.
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 19:45   #4
blueiron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,602
Prison isn't my first choice of lifestyle, but hanging yourself for MJ cultivation?

Some jobs in the military are more difficult than prison. What a coward.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:02   #5
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,964
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Prison isn't my first choice of lifestyle, but hanging yourself for MJ cultivation?

Some jobs in the military are more difficult than prison. What a coward.
The inmates at both prisons I've worked at have more freedom than I had in Basic Training or AIT, that's for sure!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 18:05   #6
scottydl
Senior Member
 
scottydl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 2,187
Hope the weed was worth it.
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 19:13   #7
skorper
harborrat
 
skorper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rustbelt
Posts: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Prison isn't my first choice of lifestyle, but hanging yourself for MJ cultivation?

Some jobs in the military are more difficult than prison. What a coward.
Hang yourself because of the cultivation operation? Makes no sense.

Hang yourself because you are wanted for the attempted murder of multiple LEOs after opening fire and engaging in a shooutout with them? Makes sense.

My guess is there was a lot more going on than a grow operation. And then again, maybe not. People have been known to do really supid stuff when wasted.
__________________

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
skorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:33   #8
blueiron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
Hang yourself because of the cultivation operation? Makes no sense.

Hang yourself because you are wanted for the attempted murder of multiple LEOs after opening fire and engaging in a shooutout with them? Makes sense.

My guess is there was a lot more going on than a grow operation. And then again, maybe not. People have been known to do really supid stuff when wasted.
Even if I hated cops and fired shots at them in this instance, I wouldn't kill myself. Plead N/C, go to prison, and I'd have respect from most other inmates for the crime. In many eyes, it would still be better than rucking up every day in the 'stan and fighting for a worthless president who is committed to squandering military lives.

If it was a child molestation ring, I'd agree on the suicide.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 658
202 Members
456 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31