GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2013, 16:34   #76
Buki192327

Ssorry for your loss. I can't imagine the feelings.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 16:54   #77
Kuroineko

My condolences.
Kuroineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 16:57   #78
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Sincere condolences, Ross. I can't imagine losing my brother. Hopefully you have a lot of good times to remember.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 17:23   #79
nursetim

I don't have the words. Condolences to you and your family.
Old 02-19-2013, 17:43   #80
GIG4FUN

My sincere condolences and prayers for everyone left behind.
SArmory XDm.45compact - H&K .45c / NRA member
S&W & Browning & Ruger & Winchester & Remington
GIG4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 17:53   #81
Slug71

Sorry for you loss. :(
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 18:01   #82
vart

I'm so sorry for your loss... My own brother took his life with a rifle I gave him for Christmas.

The hard part is blaming yourself for what you could or couldn't do to prevent it. Don't do it; it was his choice and not your fault.

If you need to be strong for family; be strong and give comfort. When you're alone; let it out. Cry, yell, scream, curse, and kick things. Don't hold the pain inside.

You will feel numb at times, and at other times intense heartbreak.

Hang in there!

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 18:20   #83
Rinspeed
JAFO

Very sorry for your loss.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 18:27   #84
*ASH*

sorry for your family . most folks never know why folks opt out . i dont judge those who do or dont , ive had deep depression before because of cancer and opting out crosses your mind because you dont hav a grasp on anything , it just feels hopeless , so hopeless it makes you physically sick .
It makes you hollow as hell. and people dont understand that , hell so many talked crap bout mindy mcready right here on GT, unless you have been there nobody knows.

prayers from NC . may your brother now have peace
Old 02-19-2013, 20:15   #85
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
I'm sorry to hear this.
Lost my dad 9 days before my 18th birthday to suicide by gunshot. It ducks brother but eventually you get through it.
Prayers heading your way from Kansas.
-Jon

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 20:34   #86
wayne

Send a message via ICQ to wayne
My condolences to you. I lost an uncle to suicide back in 1992 and to this day it is still hard to comprehend. In 2006 one of my younger sisters was murdered by her live-in boyfriend. That one was very hard.

Wayne
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:40   #87
66geo

Sorry to hear that.You have my deepest sympathy.Hang in there.
66geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:52   #88
TnShooter83

Very sorry for your loss.
My thoughts will be with you.
TnShooter83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:22   #89
catalyst686

Sorry for your loss.
catalyst686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 00:39   #90
DustyBottoms

thoughts and prayers for you and your family
DustyBottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09   #91
Berto
woo woo

Very sad to read this.
I am so sorry for your loss, Smoke.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:38   #92
deguelo

i'm very sorry for your loss. i pray you and your family find comfort. deguelo
deguelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 15:46   #93
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss... My own brother took his life with a rifle I gave him for Christmas.

The hard part is blaming yourself for what you could or couldn't do to prevent it. Don't do it; it was his choice and not your fault.

If you need to be strong for family; be strong and give comfort. When you're alone; let it out. Cry, yell, scream, curse, and kick things. Don't hold the pain inside.

You will feel numb at times, and at other times intense heartbreak.

Hang in there!
I bought a book on my kindle. "Finding Peace without the Pieces." I have started reading it and think it will be a big help.
Old 02-20-2013, 15:51   #94
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
sorry for your family . most folks never know why folks opt out . i dont judge those who do or dont , ive had deep depression before because of cancer and opting out crosses your mind because you dont hav a grasp on anything , it just feels hopeless , so hopeless it makes you physically sick .
It makes you hollow as hell. and people dont understand that , hell so many talked crap bout mindy mcready right here on GT, unless you have been there nobody knows.

prayers from NC . may your brother now have peace
Thanks Ash, and everyone else for your kind words and encouragement. This is a very trying time for my family. I know what it feels like to lose a child. Something parents should never have to experience. I lost my youngest 37 years ago. This feels much worse right now, losing my brother by his own hand. I don't know how my 87 year old dad can manage. My younger brother is also my dad's youngest natural born child. We do have some younger adopted siblings.
Old 02-20-2013, 16:00   #95
ancient_serpent

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you all must be going through. Remember that there are many people that are there to help in times like this, just don't try to face this on your own.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 00:51   #96
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

It is taking longer than normal to make arrangements for my brother. Everyone is in a state of shock. The compounding of normal grief along with the unimaginable horror of a suicide has us all in a daze. When I tried the first time to book my airline tickets, I looked at all the info on the computer screen and just couldn't digest any of it. My brain couldn't digest it as if it was a foreign language.
Thanks everyone for all the kind words. This is a very trying time for my family.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:26   #97
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

It took longer than usual to have a service, and bury my brother. Everyone involved was in such a daze. When I first tried to schedule air travel, the website may as well have been in a foreign language. I couldn't make any sense of it.
We had a wonderful graveside service. My brothers, dad, and many cousins all wore some of my brothers coats and jackets for the service. You never saw so many loggers with tears streaming down their faces. my brother was loved and respected by many. The cemetery was out of room for mourners, and cars were parked along the state highway for at least a half mile.
We gathered afterwards at the local church, which was jam packed full of people. One of our cousins who was as close as a brother spent untold hours in the week before the service making a dvd with music and hundreds of photos. What a great tribute to my brother.
I have seen families fall apart or start fighting during trying times like this. To my families credit, we have become even closer.
If any of you ever experience suicide of a friend or family member, I highly recommend you read the book, "Finding Peace without all the Pieces". It has been a huge help to me.
No one saw this coming, and there are questions that will never be answered. Only about 20% will leave a note, and even then it is usually very generic. My brother did not leave a note.
Please continue to pray for my family. This has been a very trying time.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:11   #98
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
It took longer than usual to have a service, and bury my brother. Everyone involved was in such a daze. When I first tried to schedule air travel, the website may as well have been in a foreign language. I couldn't make any sense of it.
We had a wonderful graveside service. My brothers, dad, and many cousins all wore some of my brothers coats and jackets for the service. You never saw so many loggers with tears streaming down their faces. my brother was loved and respected by many. The cemetery was out of room for mourners, and cars were parked along the state highway for at least a half mile.
We gathered afterwards at the local church, which was jam packed full of people. One of our cousins who was as close as a brother spent untold hours in the week before the service making a dvd with music and hundreds of photos. What a great tribute to my brother.
I have seen families fall apart or start fighting during trying times like this. To my families credit, we have become even closer.
If any of you ever experience suicide of a friend or family member, I highly recommend you read the book, "Finding Peace without all the Pieces". It has been a huge help to me.
No one saw this coming, and there are questions that will never be answered. Only about 20% will leave a note, and even then it is usually very generic. My brother did not leave a note.
Please continue to pray for my family. This has been a very trying time.
I'm not sure if you saw Haldor's thread but he's also carrying this burden today.

Continued thoughts and prayers for you and yours.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 16:54   #99
Vigilant

God bless you, Smoke. It will take about 2 weeks to put it all together, but that care package will be en route. If I can help....... call me.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:53   #100
Comedian

Im truly sorry to hear that. I lost my best friend this past Jan.7th. He was like a brother to me. I knew him and his mother since i was 10 months old. They were my extended family. Let yourself feel the grief. If you try to bury it, it wont matter because the sadness will always crop up again at some point. Cry as much as you need to and let your feelings out. Grieving is a process. You need to digest what happened a little at a time. Bit by bit. You will always miss your brother, but you will get better at coping with this loss as time passes.

I started a list of memories that stand out about my friend. Every time i remember a cool or funny memory, i write it down, so i wont forget all the good times. It hurts, but feels good to remember as well. Dont turn to alcohol to numb yourself. That will only make you feel worse. Losing people that you care about is a part of life unfortunately.
Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote