Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 22:09   #81
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
How would they know they were cops, the whole premis of this is stupid.

If they are not selling to the agencies who cares.
Normally, individual LE sales require proof of employment. If they could sell to police officers with proof of employment (ID card) in a state where possession is forbidden to private individuals, then they will, by choice, no longer do it.
Old 02-18-2013, 22:29   #82
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
Yes, but does the iron or dirt make a conscious decision to attempt to kill the workers just because of the uniform?
No, but we all make choices regarding our professions and family life; rewards and consequences.

I also 'think' I understand your point of view. I was under attack several times during of my years in uniform.

But the/a uniform should not afford us special privileges. Responsibilities .... maybe .... privileges not.
Old 02-18-2013, 22:37   #83
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1975 View Post
Another way to look at it this; the politicians are screwing the cops. The anti 2nd Amendment crowd have been trying to divide gun owners between "sensible" hunters and the "extreme" gun owners. Your placing blame on those standing up to these elected bullies show that it's working.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Politicians have been screwing cops for a long time now. As a 20 year LE veteran, I totally support these companies and the stand for liberty they took. They didn't take an oath to uphold the Constitution but our elected officials did. Now if we could have DHS commit to their first bail out by giving some of that ammo they bought to local agencies.

Also, it is kinda funny that a fireman brought this up in the coptalk section. I also support NYPD cops being limited to 7 rd mags just like the other citizens of the state if proposed legislation passes.

Sometimes I think some of us forget we are citizens first and cops second, not the other way around. Statist politics has hurt this country for decades. There is going to pain for some to right the ship. If we don't right the ship, there is gonna be a lot more pain.

Last edited by Sharkey; 02-18-2013 at 22:47..
Old 02-18-2013, 22:45   #84
xArcher

[QUOTE=txleapd;20004369]Tell you what, hero... The next time all hell breaks loose, I'll give you a call. You can grab your guns and come save the day.
/QUOTE]

Do not bother calling me, to save your day.
Old 02-18-2013, 22:46   #85
GunHo198

I'd recommend writing your congressmen, and stop blaming the business owners. Griping at them will only prove there point further.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-18-2013, 22:47   #86
sigman69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1975 View Post
The police should not have access to weapons that are forbidden from the citizens. The police are civilians too and as such, any restriction for nonuniformed civilians should apply across the board. The politicians see the police as their personal army and often outfit them as such. The only reason I can think of why, is that they want the police to serve as a deterent against the citizens should the people finally decide that enough is enough.

Yes I totally agree....what is good enough for us is good enough for the police.
Old 02-18-2013, 22:59   #87
xArcher

[QUOTE=txleapd;20004390]xArcher...

How many of your friends and coworkers have you buried, because someone killed them?

I'm up to 4.

I really don't feel the need to listen to your drivel. Please troll somewhere else.
/QUOTE]

I have many coworkers (military) killed in action. Lost count in Beirut.

Sorry, that you think I'm a troll.
Old 02-18-2013, 23:26   #88
GunHo198

As a business owner I get large school orders for food quite often. While the money is pure gravy, it's my day to day customers that keep my store afloat. I would never risk my day to day sales by putting a school order ahead of my regular customers.

I'm sure the same goes in the firearms industry. I think the Government has forgotten that they don't OWN the firearms companies, and without them they are going to suffer too.

Old 02-18-2013, 23:30   #89
GunHo198

Duplicate post

Last edited by GunHo198; 02-18-2013 at 23:32..
Old 02-18-2013, 23:34   #90
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
But we're not talking about companies refusing to sell life saving iron working equipment to iron workers because of some bull**** legislative decisions that iron workers aren't involved in, are we?Don't be an idiot.
Also, I use life safety iron working equipment. But the state/fed/OSHA have not passed or tried to pass laws/regulations that only allow iron workers to own better equipment than mine.

I can own and use the same iron working life safety equipment as the iron worker.

As for legislative decisions .......... write your legislators, vote and participate in local issues.
Old 02-18-2013, 23:37   #91
bug

I am not a conspiracy kinda guy, however it seems from reading this thread that many times the anti gun folks win in this country simply by getting us to fight...

Now I don't know if the libs do this in a manner to cause this arguing on purpose or its just ice cream on there ass hole cake.

But it seems many here are closed in there ideas and Will except no new thoughts

Perhaps we should all look for common ground and stop lumping everyone into nice convenient groups to hate.

I think if company's wanted to do something, like larue they should put there money there mouth is.

Stops selling to the feds stop selling in states where they have stupid laws
Not just to one group or the other but the entire state.
Ammo,guns acc everything.
In order to change minds you have to make people understand.
When that happens someone will listen.

But that would take real commitment the kind like our founders had when they signed DOI they knew that most of them just signed there death warrant.

What larue did was a waste of internet electrons... and Olympic arms?? What self respecting cop would buy that anyway?
Old 02-18-2013, 23:59   #92
countrygun

I am as big an LE supporter as there is (and I catch grief from the bashers over it) but I think it might do good to remember that behind the badge is still a citizen and when other law-abiding citizen loses their rights or part of them, every law-biding citizen loses a little too.

The fools pushing for these regulations are hiding behind YOU and your badge as they take rights away from the citizens you have sworn to protect. They are trying to leave your fellow citizens unarmed. Remember, the people that own these companies are citizens too. The politicians, many of whom have LE protection, are putting themselves above you and your fellow citizens.

The fools have to be made to realize that just because they are elected doesn't mean that they can limit the voters, they are supposed to serve, to 7 rnd mags while they hide behind your high capacity mags.

I think it will be resolved before you wear out all the mags you have for your duty guns anyway. It is a symbolic gesture on behalf of your fellow citizens, you still remember you are a citizen underneath the uniform, don't you?

Again, I hate to see you caught in the middle, but your fellow citizens didn't create these circumstances. The people hiding behind you did.
Old 02-19-2013, 00:15   #93
spcwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
Where did I say that? The fiream issue goes deeper then what's in the patrol officers holster. I want LEOs to have the best equipment available to perform their duties. I want citizens to have the best equipment to protect themselves from criminals too.

Are you saying the citizens do not need to have the same weapons as criminals to protect themselves?

Its a circular arguement. Its unfortunate LEOs get caught in the middle.
Well also in a lot of these states that have LEOs hurting for gear their bosses are the ones grandstanding and chest thumping with the politicians that are taking their rights away. I am a police officer and I am in a good state but still having issues getting what we need as a whole.

It is a big nasty circle but people have to stand up for their rights. If you live in a commie state you have to stand your ground, talk to unions that hold police chiefs to the fire, go on strike but do so for you and the law abiding citizen you are sworn to protect. There are things that need to be done and now is the time.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
Old 02-19-2013, 00:39   #94
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcwes View Post
Well also in a lot of these states that have LEOs hurting for gear their bosses are the ones grandstanding and chest thumping with the politicians that are taking their rights away. I am a police officer and I am in a good state but still having issues getting what we need as a whole.

It is a big nasty circle but people have to stand up for their rights. If you live in a commie state you have to stand your ground, talk to unions that hold police chiefs to the fire, go on strike but do so for you and the law abiding citizen you are sworn to protect. There are things that need to be done and now is the time.
This.

Also, it doesn't help the "us vs them" mentality every time a chief or sheriff talks about gun control.

Old 02-19-2013, 00:42   #95
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

[quote=xArcher;20004922]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Tell you what, hero... The next time all hell breaks loose, I'll give you a call. You can grab your guns and come save the day.
/QUOTE]

And there it is. THERE'S the difference between you and a cop. You got all butthurt and decided you're not gonna come to help out someone else. A cop doesn't do that. No matter how much you goad us into a pointless debate, insult us to our face and behind our backs, tell us you pay our salaries and spit on us, when you dial 911, we still come.

We don't have to like you, we'll still defend you. Obviously you lack the intestinal fortitude to say the same. Bravo, tough guy.
Old 02-19-2013, 00:55   #96
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcwes View Post

You're allowed to do that? Moreover, you'd feel that's the correct thing to do, legally, morally or ethically?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:01   #97
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
You're allowed to do that? Moreover, you'd feel that's the correct thing to do, legally, morally or ethically?
What good is a union w/o the only bargaining chip they have, i.e., the ability to strike? Look at the Post Office for example.

Back on topic, Imagine if ALL the gun manufacturers/ammo makers banded together and refused to sell one gun to the Gov't or any LE agency until ignorant legislation was rescinded? The Feds & the states would be on their knees & come crawling back.....or else all LE will be using foreign guns. I see this as a good time for the weapons & ammo makers to flex their muscles & show the Leftist loons who butters the bread.

I propose a legal weapons cartel.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:39   #98
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

So far, I think LaRue, Olympic Arms, and Cheaper Than Dirt says they are not going to sell to the states and government agencies, but they can still sell to individual officers... and in smaller agencies that don't issue weapons or don't issue those types of weapons... which most don't, it is a political statement, nothing more.

When Barrett Arms pulled out of CA and refused to sell to CA LE Agencies... how many departments do you think were left scrambling to try to fill that void in their fifty cal sniper rifle lineup? Probably can count them on one hand.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:36   #99
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArcher View Post
You don't have to worry your pretty little head about that. Trust me.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 02-19-2013 at 04:48..
Old 02-19-2013, 04:47   #100
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I am as big an LE supporter as there is (and I catch grief from the bashers over it) but I think it might do good to remember that behind the badge is still a citizen and when other law-abiding citizen loses their rights or part of them, every law-biding citizen loses a little too.

The fools pushing for these regulations are hiding behind YOU and your badge as they take rights away from the citizens you have sworn to protect. They are trying to leave your fellow citizens unarmed. Remember, the people that own these companies are citizens too. The politicians, many of whom have LE protection, are putting themselves above you and your fellow citizens.

The fools have to be made to realize that just because they are elected doesn't mean that they can limit the voters, they are supposed to serve, to 7 rnd mags while they hide behind your high capacity mags.

I think it will be resolved before you wear out all the mags you have for your duty guns anyway. It is a symbolic gesture on behalf of your fellow citizens, you still remember you are a citizen underneath the uniform, don't you?

Again, I hate to see you caught in the middle, but your fellow citizens didn't create these circumstances. The people hiding behind you did.
There's a whole lotta truth in this post. The anger should be directed toward the right people.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Closed Thread