Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 19:08   #61
RocPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArcher View Post
On a less sarcastic note. For the most part the police unions, leadership and organizations have publicly supported new restrictive gun control laws and regulations. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. ..... Fix the union, leadership and organizations ... vote them out.
Show me one NY union that backs this nonsense. And by "leadership" you mean "political hacks", such as Kommisar Popeye from the NYPD.
Old 02-18-2013, 19:13   #62
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1305 View Post
Why would you deny the average law-abiding citizen the same ability to deal with Maurice Pierce or Brandon Daniel?
I wouldn't. I'm probably the most pro-gun person (cop or otherwise) you'll ever meet.

Not only do I not have any problem with the 'average law-abiding citizen' carrying for their protection and the protection of others, I highly encourage it. I would love to see nationwide reciprocity for CCW.

The question asked was what makes cops different from the 'average law-abiding citizen'. The answer is that cops are expected to wade into those situations. The 'average law-abiding citizen' isn't.

We get killed doing our job. The 'average law-abiding citizen' doesn't.

That's the difference. That's the only point I was making.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 02-18-2013, 19:14   #63
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
I wouldn't. I'm probably the most pro-gun person (cop or otherwise) you'll ever meet.

Not only do I not have any problem with the 'average law-abiding citizen' carrying for their protection and the protection of others, I highly encourage it. I would love to see nationwide reciprocity for CCW.

The question asked was what makes cops different from the 'average law-abiding citizen'. The answer is that cops are expected to wade into those situations. The 'average law-abiding citizen' isn't.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 02-18-2013, 19:38   #64
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Does anyone actually get hurt by not buying from Olympic Arms?

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.
Old 02-18-2013, 19:56   #65
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
Show me one NY union that backs this nonsense. And by "leadership" you mean "political hacks", such as Kommisar Popeye from the NYPD.
Then the unions (and other police organizations) need to upgrade their leadership and political hacks.
Old 02-18-2013, 20:05   #66
RocPO

And again: show me one union that agreed with the provisions of King Andy's edict. So the unions aren't the problem.

The political hacks in the dept are another story. Do you get to choose your boss? Neither do I.
Old 02-18-2013, 20:08   #67
AZson

Because the idiots have to learn there are consequences to their stupidity, I hear they are already finding it hard to get ammo. They better hope they don't pi$$ off the ammo makers also.
Old 02-18-2013, 20:11   #68
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post

Police may get "killed" more often than the average law abiding citizen but other occupations are more dangerous and have higher mortality rates ... research iron workers and ditch diggers, there are more.
Old 02-18-2013, 20:13   #69
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Mayhem like me, you do not have a constitutional right to a car, horse. We do have a right to arms in the constitution. A constitution that most of us here have raised our right hand to protect from all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. Our job is to stand up for those that can't. Rather your job. The state passed laws to disarm the little guy, making your job much harder. This is an attempt by the manufactures to send a message. You disarm our customers? Well guess what, you are our customers as well. One for all and all for one. United we stand, divided we fall.

The following is not directed to anyone in particular.

If you don't like the conditions you work in, you have two choices. Shut up and suck it up or shut up and find another situation.

I worked in corrections and was miserable. I was whining so much I hated myself and the sound of my shrill voice. I wished up, popped smoke, and changed my situation. I just should have shut up about it.
Again please read.... my state does not restrict people .. I was pointing out the vast hypocritical theme in this thread.

Everyone is ok with the fed allwowing the dod to purchase full autos while restricting citizens...but let a beat cop have a 15 round magazine and the sky is falling on your rights....
Old 02-18-2013, 20:14   #70
RocPO

Quote:
Police may get "killed" more often than the average law abiding citizen but other occupations are more dangerous and have higher mortality rates ... research iron workers and ditch diggers, there are more.
Yes, but does the iron or dirt make a conscious decision to attempt to kill the workers just because of the uniform?
Old 02-18-2013, 20:16   #71
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Really they are violently shot to death or run over at work?

It is different if someone is actively trying to kill you..Find the number in those professions that were attacked to death and get back to me....
Old 02-18-2013, 20:18   #72
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZson View Post
Because the idiots have to learn there are consequences to their stupidity, I hear they are already finding it hard to get ammo. They better hope they don't pi$$ off the ammo makers also.
Who are the idiots? I work in GA and we can't get ammo our gun laws are excellent.
Old 02-18-2013, 20:22   #73
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Red XIII View Post
And when don't politicians use cops/ff/ems as pawns?!?!?!?!?
I addressed a direct question (with my opinion), and you (tried to/hoped to) shift the blame/subject.

Red
Yes it is quite clear you fail to see the forrest through the trees.

No blame shifts my opinion is as valid as yours, this is a feel good ploy, if they were serious about gun rights they should boycott at the federal level. It does not effect me one bit I enjoy pointing out the hypocritical nature of it...you are the pawn here.

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-18-2013 at 20:23..
Old 02-18-2013, 20:25   #74
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Tell you what, hero... The next time all hell breaks loose, I'll give you a call. You can grab your guns and come save the day.

How does that sound?

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 02-18-2013, 20:28   #75
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

xArcher...

How many of your friends and coworkers have you buried, because someone killed them?

I'm up to 4.

I really don't feel the need to listen to your drivel. Please troll somewhere else.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

Old 02-18-2013, 20:34   #76
Rleee

LEO's aren't above the law. If the state passes a law it should apply to everyone. Just because they run lights and sirens to a call doesn't give them the RIGHT to violate traffic laws. The lights request the right of way, not demand it. If a LEO has an accident on the way to a call he is still liable if he is involved. That from experience.
Old 02-18-2013, 20:37   #77
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
The political hacks in the dept are another story. Do you get to choose your boss? Neither do I.
I do not get to 'choose' my elected representatives. I do vote in every local, state and federal governmental election, including HOA elections.

I'm not eligible to vote in any union election but I work alongside union workers that bad talk union positions but do not do anything about it. .... as in, attempting to replace/upgrade the union leadership / representatives.

As for 'choose your boss', the answer is yes. Find a new position, resign and move-on.
Old 02-18-2013, 20:39   #78
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rleee View Post
LEO's aren't above the law. If the state passes a law it should apply to everyone. Just because they run lights and sirens to a call doesn't give them the RIGHT to violate traffic laws. The lights request the right of way, not demand it. If a LEO has an accident on the way to a call he is still liable if he is involved. That from experience.

They're not "above the law" if an exemption is written they are by definition part of the law.

So by your definition CCW holders are above the law in many states for firearm records checks...

So they should all have to pay for the check since they Are above the law..

Like wise they should not be able to carry a weapon in a way that a non CCW holding citizen can carry.. After all that would make them above the law that the non CCW citizen has to obey...

See how this works.

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-18-2013 at 20:40..
Old 02-18-2013, 20:40   #79
RocPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rleee View Post
Actually, you have no clue what you speak of, but continue spewing your ignoranc. Lights and Sirens does give the right to violate traffic laws, and they DO in fact, demand that you yield the Right of Way to the emergency vehicle.

To Wit: NYS Vehicle and traffic law, sections 1104 (Authorized Emergency Vehicles), 1144 (Operation of vehicle on approach of authorized emergency vehicles).

Yes, we are still required to operate said vehicles "with due regard for safety". But the rest of your drivel is just that. Uninformed drivel.
Old 02-18-2013, 21:28   #80
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
But we're not talking about companies refusing to sell life saving iron working equipment to iron workers because of some bull**** legislative decisions that iron workers aren't involved in, are we?

Don't be an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.

Closed Thread