Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 17:43   #41
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello View Post
What makes a cop any different then a civilian??? Not trying to start anything just asking a simple question.
Read the above, we are not different but our jobs are.

You should not have different laws as far as magazine capacity and weapon style..
Old 02-18-2013, 17:43   #42
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
Because when **** is going bad, you don't call ordinary civilians to come as fast as they can to clean it up, you call the cops. Any business that would make an intentional effort to make it more difficult for these officers to equip themselves appropriately just to make a political statement is particularly deplorable, and those cheering them on are essentially happy about the idea of our cops getting ****ed.

I get that many CCWers have made a commitment to act in the face of peril, but police officers have a legal duty to act in the face of peril. They openly put a target on their chest and stand in the fold, the least we can do is ensure they have access to the tools necessary to do so.
You said it much better than I could.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:49   #43
jay1975
Ultra Master

The citizens of NY can't have "assault" weapons or mags with more than 7 rds, so the cops and the security for the politicians should have to abide by the same rules. If the justification is that the bad guys aren't following the laws, then why did so many of the NY chiefs (read turn coats) support these laws? They want civilians disarmed so that the people are either victims to criminals or helplessly dependent upon the government for their security. The police are a civilian agency and as such, should have to carry what is deemed good enough for the people. It is not a hit against the police, it is the politicians who are the problem.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by jay1975; 02-18-2013 at 17:51..
Old 02-18-2013, 17:55   #44
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1975 View Post
The citizens of NY can't have "assault" weapons or mags with more than 7 rds, so the cops and the security for the politicians should have to abide by the same rules. If the justification is that the bad guys aren't following the laws, then why did so many of the NY chiefs (read turn coats) support these laws? They want civilians disarmed so that the people are either victims to criminals or helplessly dependent upon the government for their security. The police are a civilian agency and as such, should have to carry what is deemed good enough for the people. It is not a hit against the police, it is the politicians who are the problem.

The police are an arm of the executive branch of the government do you really think politicians will disarm them...also it is the National Guard that will be coming to get you if that ever transpires...

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-18-2013 at 17:56..
Old 02-18-2013, 18:05   #45
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
You know, strange how we were thinking the same thing.....

Bastard! - TBO
Old 02-18-2013, 18:07   #46
blueiron
Clown move, bro

As other have said, when LaRue forgoes their DoD contracts for weapons related supplies, then I will respect their decision. Until then, they are bereft of ethics and failing at first order logic.

Bastard! - TBO
Old 02-18-2013, 18:11   #47
jay1975
Ultra Master

Blueiron, Larue hasn't said anything about DoD because the feds haven't enacted such ridiculous laws like NY has. Besides, does Larue even sell anything to the DoD? Midway and CTD have stopped sales to NY LEO agencies as well. Since the people seem to have no voice in NY, perhaps the almighty dollar can be heard.

Last edited by jay1975; 02-18-2013 at 18:12..
Old 02-18-2013, 18:12   #48
blueiron
Clown move, bro

For accuracy and clarification, here is the direct quote from LaRue.

www.laruetactical.com/policy-state-and-le-sales

Bastard! - TBO
Old 02-18-2013, 18:14   #49
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello View Post
What makes a cop any different then a civilian??? Not trying to start anything just asking a simple question.
Have you ever chased an armed bank robber, who took a hostage, and then had to be put down while he was trying to carjack another victim?

Have you ever responded to a shooting in progress, then chase an armed suspect through the streets so he doesn't kill someone else, then got into a running gunfight?

Have you ever responded to an active shooter on a school/college campus?

Have ever buried one of your buddies, who was murdered while trying to stop a scumbag from killing people in a local Walmart?

Have you ever visisted a friend in the hospital, after he had his throat cut by a guy who had raped and murdered 3 girls?

Aside from these kind of things, I guess there's not much difference....
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 02-18-2013, 18:18   #50
amd65

Send a message via Yahoo to amd65
The legislators almost always co-opt police by exempting them, even after they retire.
I will always remember that in the days before the 94 AWB was voted on, the Cleveland swat team did a dog and pony show for the local media. As fully automatic weapons were demonstrated, the VoiceOver said "these are the weapons we want to ban".
Old 02-18-2013, 18:20   #51
jay1975
Ultra Master

Read the statement and it basically said, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander". Whatever local laws apply to the state residents, in effect, will apply to all state residents are far as sales are concerned. Since there are no federal bans on mags or "assault" weapons, they have no reason to limit federal sales, if they even have any. My rifles have all been Colt's, FNH's and Remington's. Pistols are Beretta, Glock, Sig and Colt's. Shotguns are Mossberg and Benelli with the rare Barret rifle thrown in the mix.

Old 02-18-2013, 18:23   #52
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1975 View Post
Blueiron, Larue hasn't said anything about DoD because the feds haven't enacted such ridiculous laws like NY has. Besides, does Larue even sell anything to the DoD? Midway and CTD have stopped sales to NY LEO agencies as well. Since the people seem to have no voice in NY, perhaps the almighty dollar can be heard.

[/URL]

Have you read their letter? I posted the quote from their website.

I can only assume that based on your above statement, that you don't know of Presidential executive orders banning importation of many small arms and the implementation of a 'sporting use' requirement, as interpreted by BATFE.

The Federal government's role in gun control is much more significant that you fail to state - NFA of 1934, GCA of 1968, Firearms protection act of 1986 [the Hughes amendment which banned further Title II manufacturing of auto weapons for civilian sales], the Lautenberg amendment which allowed government to retroactively apply future legal standards to previous historic acts in ownership of firearms, the 1994 act which gave us 10 round magazines, etc.

Bastard! - TBO
Old 02-18-2013, 18:29   #53
jay1975
Ultra Master

I know the government has had their hands on gun control for a long time. Scallia says that the SCOTUS settle some questions once and for all. US v Miller, 1939 should jave ended the debate, but the SCOTUS has avoided citing that case for a while, until Heller that is.

Old 02-18-2013, 18:34   #54
kurt1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Have you ever chased an armed bank robber, who took a hostage, and then had to be put down while he was trying to carjack another victim?

Have you ever responded to a shooting in progress, then chase an armed suspect through the streets so he doesn't kill someone else, then got into a running gunfight?

Have you ever responded to an active shooter on a school/college campus?

Have ever buried one of your buddies, who was murdered while trying to stop a scumbag from killing people in a local Walmart?

Have you ever visisted a friend in the hospital, after he had his throat cut by a guy who had raped and murdered 3 girls?

Aside from these kind of things, I guess there's not much difference....
Why would you deny the average law-abiding citizen the same ability to deal with Maurice Pierce or Brandon Daniel?
Old 02-18-2013, 18:37   #55
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
The police aren't being "punished", they should be held to the same standard/laws/regulations as everyone else.

What if we held the police to a higher standard and only allowed them 1 bullet. After all they are more highly trained and should not need more than one bullet.

On a less sarcastic note. For the most part the police unions, leadership and organizations have publicly supported new restrictive gun control laws and regulations. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. ..... Fix the union, leadership and organizations ... vote them out.
Old 02-18-2013, 18:55   #56
Fiery Red XIII
CLM Number 223
Adorkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
. I'll be impressed when they cancel the military contracts....
Where did I say that?!? Refusing to sell all products to 1 state is nullifying a liability. It's a CYA. That way they cannot be liable for a shipping error if they don'rt sell there. Anything else?

Red
Old 02-18-2013, 18:55   #57
nursetim

Mayhem like me, you do not have a constitutional right to a car, horse. We do have a right to arms in the constitution. A constitution that most of us here have raised our right hand to protect from all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. Our job is to stand up for those that can't. Rather your job. The state passed laws to disarm the little guy, making your job much harder. This is an attempt by the manufactures to send a message. You disarm our customers? Well guess what, you are our customers as well. One for all and all for one. United we stand, divided we fall.

The following is not directed to anyone in particular.

If you don't like the conditions you work in, you have two choices. Shut up and suck it up or shut up and find another situation.

I worked in corrections and was miserable. I was whining so much I hated myself and the sound of my shrill voice. I wished up, popped smoke, and changed my situation. I just should have shut up about it.
Old 02-18-2013, 18:56   #58
Fiery Red XIII
CLM Number 223
Adorkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
. I'll be impressed when they cancel the military contracts....
And when don't politicians use cops/ff/ems as pawns?!?!?!?!?
I addressed a direct question (with my opinion), and you (tried to/hoped to) shift the blame/subject.

Red

Last edited by Fiery Red XIII; 02-18-2013 at 18:58..
Old 02-18-2013, 19:00   #59
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
Maybe all those Police Chiefs shouldn't have stood next to the POTUS as he signed all those executive orders in front of the media. By standing behind the anti gun President, they made a political statement.

I hope more companies follow there lead. Magpul has already announced they are moving there plant to another state as 2 more Dems signed on to the mag limit bill. It's a done deal.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I hate to be the "Devil's Advocate" but this is a very good point. If those Chiefs want to be political then they get the political fallout.
Old 02-18-2013, 19:05   #60
RocPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1305 View Post
It is my understanding many cops in NY support the weapons bans. Larue and Olympia are making political statements.
You're from TX. How many NY LEO's do you actually know? All you see on TV is the political talking heads (Commissioners/Chiefs) who only parrot what their handlers say. I AM a cop in NY. I know quite a few cops in NY. None of us, that I have spoken to personally, agree with this edict from King Andy. The problem lies in that we're not allowed to make statements to the press like the appointees are.

Closed Thread