Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 23:22   #521
knoxvegasdaddy
UBER VOL !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
He is truly the great one. Way better than the other great one posing as POTUS. If only every politician thought like him, we'd know more liberty.
If I were President, Mark Levin would be my attorney general.

Until A SCOTUS slot were available, that is.

Counting on someone else's self restraint for your safety is not a strategy. - OLY-M4gery
Old 02-22-2013, 23:41   #522
mingaa

This thread derailed on page #1. The list is larger than most realize. The focus of logic is hopelessly buried. LOL.
Old 02-23-2013, 00:19   #523
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
What I really hope happens is this: you morons who are doing this - I hope you need the police in the worst way. A nice active shooter sounds great. And, hopefully, the police won't come save your ass, since they don't have the necessary ammunition or equipment.

You want this to get ugly? Fine. Let it be so. I'll save the ammo and magazines i have to defend myself - not others who wish I didn't have it.

I understand that your Mrs. and friends are LEO's and that's part of the reason for your post. If I were to happen upon a scene where one of them were blindsided and getting stomped by a couple of d bags I would most certianly intervene, with a bullet to the head if possible to make sure some liberal judge don't put them back on the street because they had a bad childhood and were back in school to turn their life around, but that's just me.

I know that you all have jobs that restrict what you can say while in uniform. Out of curiosity if say,75% of the force disagrees with the restrictions and were to say so publicly what could they do? I can't see wholesale firings and I'm sure the union would have to come to your aid?

We can petition Politicians til we are blue in the face and it will matter no one bit in places that are Dem. strongholds, they act knowing that you gentlemen have no choice but to have thier backs. I don't see a few manufacturers actions having much effect, but I can't blame them for trying.

Edit to add: A severe case of blue flu on July 4th?

Last edited by dbcooper; 02-23-2013 at 00:20..
Old 02-23-2013, 00:38   #524
knoxvegasdaddy
UBER VOL !!!

The real "kick in the sack" moment for me is when I see Quomo, or Emanuel, or Feinstein, or Bloomberg standing on a stage with a bunch of (appointed) Chiefs, and a bunch of honchos from the FOP and the PBA, telling me how they are going to keep me safer by limiting my access to firearms.

I think to myself, "WTF!!!"

I can honestly say I do not know a single cop that is anti civilian gun ownership. Not a one! I don't know that I've ever met one.

I can not name ANY LEO on this forum that gives a rat's ass what guns I own, possess, transport, etc. as long as I continue to follow the law.

Not one CT regular has EVER, that I can recall, expressed any kind of desire for the blanket limitation of gun ownership, nor any sort of dislike of the 2nd Amendment. ("open carry would have fixed this" jokes do not count, and are very funny!)

That statement holds true of Liberal bastions like Chicago, New York, and SoCal. Sharkey7, SeanMac.45, and Lawman800 come to mind.

I am friends with 1 C.B.P. agent, 2 State Troopers, 3 Nashville cops, 3 Knoxville cops, and a Blount county Deputy lives 2 doors from me. I know for a fact that none of them care one bit that I have 30 PMAGS. They know where to come to borrow some!

Yet somehow, the opinion of the rank and file officers seems to be completely and thoroughly ignored by the leadership of Law Enforcement. How is that possible??

A thread the other day asked "is the FOP anti-gun?" From what I read of, the local lodge response is "Hell NO!", yet the national Lodge is a hearty "Hell YES!"

Every time I see that damn Dog and Pony lineup, and it is full of people that claim to have the safety and best interest of law enforcement at heart when they propose such asinine ideas as background checks to by ammo, I am livid!

Counting on someone else's self restraint for your safety is not a strategy. - OLY-M4gery
Old 02-23-2013, 00:56   #525
knoxvegasdaddy
UBER VOL !!!

...Continued from above

What a waste of time that would be. Gander Mtn in Knoxville sold 250,000 rounds of 5.56mm in 4 hours! And that happens every single time they get a pallet in.

And yet, some idiot politician get a brilliant idea, and LE leadership seems to gladly put on their Class As and stand at the back of the stage "showing support".

Meanwhile, all the rank and file, common sense street cops are taking crap from the gun owning citizenry, like this is all somehow YOUR idea, and every day, the animosity builds.

If WE could ever figure out how to convince leadership to not support politicians on this crap, we'd win.

Bloomberg's dumb ass would never take the stage by himself to announce that next great plan of his. That would reveal th plan's lack of support, and he couldn't have that.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:33   #526
Pepper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Corn snakes are very docile and mild mannered. They are very good as pets. Now, a garter or shovel nosed hog snake... those get quite squirrely and spray some nasty smelling chemicals when disturbed.

Right...
I never had you pegged as a snake kinda guy. I would have thought you were into birds if forced to guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:31   #527
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
If you were on the Guard side, I know how you could go to Africa on 24 hours notice!
I wouldn't mind going to Africa, but the pay is a LOT lower and I'd rather go where there's a war on.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13   #528
Cav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I wouldn't mind going to Africa, but the pay is a LOT lower and I'd rather go where there's a war on.
FWIW my old Guard unit has been doing more combat missions in Africa with S.F. for the past two years than we did in Iraq for OIF 09-11, and they are getting paid more.

Funny/sad thing is the US Border Patrol mission pays more than Iraq by a few hundred a month, and Texas guys go home on the weekends...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charli...29411597150964
Old 02-23-2013, 08:14   #529
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

[quote=Cavalry Doc;20020541]Swing and a miss brother. Unless you were trying to make a racial remark.

Maybe you missed post 481?[/img]

Oh, so when you post pictures of LEO's with Obama and Biden that ISN'T racist, but if I post a picture of troops adoring Obama that IS racist? You can't win the argument so you bust out the race card. That is pretty low. I thought you at least had a modicum of thoughtfulness. I guess it turns out I have thought to highly of you in the past.

Quote:
You need to understand that I am not one of those anti-police kind of guys. I'm actually very pro-law enforcement. The enemy is the liberal state legislatures, not the law enforcement officers. Yeah, there are some that applaud restricting normal civilian gun rights, and there are some soldiers that luv them sum Barry. So what?
That was my point. You can't condmen all LEOs and demand that their equipment be restricted based on the actions of a few idiots. In the same way you can't comdemn all the Military of loving Obama and all his firearms restrictions.

But, on both sides you have people who do. So, in no wise should LEO's who put their lives on the line everyday, be denied proper equipment than there should be a denial of the military who put their lives on the line only when there is a war.

Quote:
I do support the 30+ gun manufacturers that will not sell civilian restricted items to New York, period, no exceptions.
So, I guess the military units comming from New York should be equally screwed then? As I have pointed out there is a bastion that love Obama and all this shananigans. So, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. You want cops on the street risking their lives with 7 rounds? Then I expect to see NY military troops in Afghanistan with 7 round AR-15 rounds (yes, only the semi-auto, not the full auto as the good folks from NY can't own a full auto) and 7 round Beretta 92F magazines.

Quote:
I think that is a good thing. It will have virtually no impact to the safety of law enforcement officers, and at the same time get their attention, and the attention of the press.

Win win in my book. Aren't you glad we don't live in New York?
Yes, I would hate to be risking my life with restricted equipment in NY. But, hey, that's okay, then you shouldn't have any qualms with troops from NY risking their life with limited equipment, right?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:21   #530
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
FWIW my old Guard unit has been doing more combat missions in Africa with S.F. for the past two years than we did in Iraq for OIF 09-11, and they are getting paid more.

Funny/sad thing is the US Border Patrol mission pays more than Iraq by a few hundred a month, and Texas guys go home on the weekends...

Greetings from Task Force Raptor in the Horn of Africa - YouTube

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charli...29411597150964
The US Border Patrol guys are in an undeclared warzone with Mexican Military, Groupo Beta, and others taking pot shots at them everyday. It never makes the news. It never makes the news when their military units invade the United States either, except in cases too public to not make it. For instance, when they came across and started firing on Sherrif's vehicles as well.

They get rocked everyday and not pebbles, the stuff that crushes vehicles. They get hurt and killed. The murders that make the news are mostly centered around Operation Fast and Furious because that made the news.

Most hellacious firefights and murders rarely do make the news. They are the forgoten.

So, with BORTAC comes to play with you (the Border Patrol version of Seals), and I have known some. They go through the equivalent training. I am not suprised they got sent over to play with you guys. Border Patrol by trade are excellent sign cutters.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52   #531
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Swing and a miss brother. Unless you were trying to make a racial remark.

Maybe you missed post 481?[/img]
Oh, so when you post pictures of LEO's with Obama and Biden that ISN'T racist, but if I post a picture of troops adoring Obama that IS racist? You can't win the argument so you bust out the race card. That is pretty low. I thought you at least had a modicum of thoughtfulness. I guess it turns out I have thought to highly of you in the past.
That was tongue in cheek. Maybe a bit over the top. Well.... OK, not maybe, it was over the top. My bad.

The unstated point is that regardless of uniform worn, there are Barry supporters out there. Uniforms are no guarantee of political intelligence. If you looked at the demographics in the exit polls, you could point to a racial affinity for Obama much easier than an affinity by a particular uniform.

Quote:
That was my point. You can't condmen all LEOs and demand that their equipment be restricted based on the actions of a few idiots. In the same way you can't comdemn all the Military of loving Obama and all his firearms restrictions.
I'm not condemning all LEO's. Some here are, and I'm not with that group. I've also repeatedly pointed out the logistical realities that even if every firearms manufacturer, and distributor stopped all sales of everything to NYS, they will still have exactly what they have today. It will last a long while. If they need something, there will be a way to get it. It's not like Bloomberg has not sent his people out of state to make straw purchases before. Other LEO agencies will cross level with them, in a time of need. No one expects them to go without. Now, it might be harder for police to buy items for personal or off duty use, but on the job, I have every reason to believe they will not be carrying flintlocks on the next crack-house no knock raid.

Quote:

But, on both sides you have people who do. So, in no wise should LEO's who put their lives on the line everyday, be denied proper equipment than there should be a denial of the military who put their lives on the line only when there is a war.

So, I guess the military units comming from New York should be equally screwed then? As I have pointed out there is a bastion that love Obama and all this shananigans. So, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. You want cops on the street risking their lives with 7 rounds? Then I expect to see NY military troops in Afghanistan with 7 round AR-15 rounds (yes, only the semi-auto, not the full auto as the good folks from NY can't own a full auto) and 7 round Beretta 92F magazines.

Yes, I would hate to be risking my life with restricted equipment in NY. But, hey, that's okay, then you shouldn't have any qualms with troops from NY risking their life with limited equipment, right?

The military has a lot of stuff sitting in warehouses. On my last deployment to Iraq, I was issued my weapons, ammo, magazines and body armor once in theater.

The logistical reality is that no police or military unit will do without anything. Trust me, there are too many people out there who know how to get things. You are mistaking what will happen to the civilian populace with what will not happen to the police and military.

The civilians will be stuck with 7 round mags. The Bad Guys are going to be sporting the full size ones. Right now, if a civilian in new york loses count, and puts 8 rounds in a 10 round magazine, he's a criminal. The ONLY group materially affected by the ban and the stand being taken by gun manufacturers are the civilians, minus the retired LEO (who are civilians too, but they were able to get a "some animals are more equal than others" exemption).

The move by these manufacturers is an attention getter. That part is working beautifully. Hopefully, more companies join them.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:02   #532
kenpoprofessor

To the OP, here's a list of companies that are taking a stance. Go whine at them.

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06   #533
klmmicro

Send a message via Yahoo to klmmicro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
Why punish any citizen that does not make the idiotic law? They are citizens and are in the same boat that we all find ourselves.

*10 Ring, MBR and Reloading Clubs: #436*
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09   #534
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
To the OP, here's a list of companies that are taking a stance. Go whine at them.

Clyde
If you think about it, it's a protection from liability for the companies doing this. What if they fell for fraudulent credentials and sold a restricted item to a bad guy, then the bad guy used that in a crime that injured another. They may be open to a tort claim due to not taking due diligence in ensuring the sale was made to an authorized individual.

Easiest thing to do, is only sell things that are legal for anyone in the state to own.

37 companies and counting. Some of them are rather large and well known. At least 3 are frequently seen on TV.

Good for them.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:26   #535
mntrpr

I just had the best bagel sandwich.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:34   #536
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntrpr View Post
I just had the best bagel sandwich.
Looks like you can relax for a while.

Gun Control DOA In Minnesota

After your break, consider writing a few emails in support of those that live in less fortunate states. Maybe even send a check to the NYSRPA.org.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:57   #537
mntrpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Looks like you can relax for a while.

Gun Control DOA In Minnesota

After your break, consider writing a few emails in support of those that live in less fortunate states. Maybe even send a check to the NYSRPA.org.
After my break, I'm headed to Gander Mountain to see if any new toys came in, to the chiropractor, then to my local gun store.

It's shaping up to be a good day.

In all seriousness, most of us here believe the gun control measures are not as dead as they are making them out to be.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:19   #538
dudel

Don't know, seems to me like Olys fighting the right fight. That's some brass the FOP asking Oly for ad revenue while supporting restrictions on lawful citizens, which would negatively impact Oly sales. If you can't influence your politicians; maybe you should start with your union.

I'm glad to be moving to Texas.

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?s=fop
Olympic Arms Statement to ‘FOP Journal’

Olympic Arms was recently asked to advertise in the FOP Journal; the official magazine of the Fraternal Order of Police. It is well known that the FOP is a staunch supporter of Gun Control, had backed the AWB under Bill Clinton, and supports the current AWB under consideration that was introduced by Diane Feinstein. The FOP was actually accredited as being one of the sources that helped prepare the language of Gun Control suggestions that were forwarded by Vice President Biden. Below is a copy of our response to the FOP Journal;:
Please forward this email to every major principal in your organization.

AS:
  1. The Fraternal Order of Police is on Congressional Record as having been a major supporter of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.
  2. As a matter of fact and record, the FOP is accredited with assisting VP Biden in formulating the language of the newly proposed ban:
  3. Additionally, as a matter of fact and public record, the FOP is in support of the newly recommended Assault Weapons Ban introduced by Senator Feinstein.
THEREFORE:
Olympic Arms, Inc, manufacturers of AR15 type firearms, firearms that these legislators would call “Assault Weapons”, will not be supporting in any way, shape, form or fashion, The Fraternal Order of Police, any organization that represents, supports, takes advertising dollars from, spends advertising dollars with, is in anyway related to, any individual who is a card carrying member of, or any person or entity in any way associated with the Fraternal Order of Police. Period.

Henceforth;
  • Be assured that Olympic Arms will not rest in its efforts to educate our customers, fans and followers the extent of the hypocrisy committed by the FOP and FOP Journal; (fighting to outlaw the firearms produced by the very companies they now solicit for advertising dollars…). You can also be certain that we continue to make every effort to properly educate the firearms consumer in general, of the same.
  • Additionally, we will make continued efforts at assure that ALL firearms manufacturers are aware of the FOP’s support to strip Constitutional Rights from Americans, and their support of further unconstitutional gun control legislation.
  • We pledge to inform all of our customers the lengths that the FOP and associated FOP affiliates by proxy (which includes all your advertisers) are willing to go to in order to strip the American Citizen of their Constitutional Rights, while at the same time writing in exemptions to the same legislation to ensure that their members maintain those same rights they would have stripped from others.
  • Your actions are the actions of a rogue organization supporting tyranny, not an organization sworn to uphold the laws of the land, to protect, serve and defend their constituencies.
Let it be known that your actions are reprehensible and shameful.
Sincerely,
Thomas A. Spithaler
Sales & Marketing Dir.
Olympic Arms, Inc.

Last edited by dudel; 02-23-2013 at 10:20..
Old 02-23-2013, 11:50   #539
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post

Clyde
Careful. Your hypocrisy is showing. You and I both agreed sometime ago that the NFA is a 2A infringement. Yet here you are advocating infringement for a specific segment of society.

Did you kenpo yourself in the head last we dialogued?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53   #540
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudel View Post
Don't know, seems to me like Olys fighting the right fight. That's some brass the FOP asking Oly for ad revenue while supporting restrictions on lawful citizens, which would negatively impact Oly sales. If you can't influence your politicians; maybe you should start with your union.

I'm glad to be moving to Texas.

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?s=fop
Olympic Arms Statement to ‘FOP Journal’

Olympic Arms was recently asked to advertise in the FOP Journal; the official magazine of the Fraternal Order of Police. It is well known that the FOP is a staunch supporter of Gun Control, had backed the AWB under Bill Clinton, and supports the current AWB under consideration that was introduced by Diane Feinstein. The FOP was actually accredited as being one of the sources that helped prepare the language of Gun Control suggestions that were forwarded by Vice President Biden. Below is a copy of our response to the FOP Journal;:
Please forward this email to every major principal in your organization.

AS:
  1. The Fraternal Order of Police is on Congressional Record as having been a major supporter of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.
  2. As a matter of fact and record, the FOP is accredited with assisting VP Biden in formulating the language of the newly proposed ban:
  3. Additionally, as a matter of fact and public record, the FOP is in support of the newly recommended Assault Weapons Ban introduced by Senator Feinstein.
THEREFORE:
Olympic Arms, Inc, manufacturers of AR15 type firearms, firearms that these legislators would call “Assault Weapons”, will not be supporting in any way, shape, form or fashion, The Fraternal Order of Police, any organization that represents, supports, takes advertising dollars from, spends advertising dollars with, is in anyway related to, any individual who is a card carrying member of, or any person or entity in any way associated with the Fraternal Order of Police. Period.

Henceforth;
  • Be assured that Olympic Arms will not rest in its efforts to educate our customers, fans and followers the extent of the hypocrisy committed by the FOP and FOP Journal; (fighting to outlaw the firearms produced by the very companies they now solicit for advertising dollars…). You can also be certain that we continue to make every effort to properly educate the firearms consumer in general, of the same.
  • Additionally, we will make continued efforts at assure that ALL firearms manufacturers are aware of the FOP’s support to strip Constitutional Rights from Americans, and their support of further unconstitutional gun control legislation.
  • We pledge to inform all of our customers the lengths that the FOP and associated FOP affiliates by proxy (which includes all your advertisers) are willing to go to in order to strip the American Citizen of their Constitutional Rights, while at the same time writing in exemptions to the same legislation to ensure that their members maintain those same rights they would have stripped from others.
  • Your actions are the actions of a rogue organization supporting tyranny, not an organization sworn to uphold the laws of the land, to protect, serve and defend their constituencies.
Let it be known that your actions are reprehensible and shameful.
Sincerely,
Thomas A. Spithaler
Sales & Marketing Dir.
Olympic Arms, Inc.
I've never been a member of the FOP. I have been am a union member, carry professional lability insurance, and FLEOA, none of which have come out against firearms. The only reason I carry any of those is simple CYA.

As to Olympic Arms, I suspect they are trying to get attention and drum up business for their crappy wares. They are one step above Blackthorne, and I don't know any professional people that actually trust their lives to their crap.

Closed Thread