Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 14:45   #551
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
How is it a win win? I suspect you would feel differently, if companies came out and said, we are anti-miliatry.

You and very vet would be beating their chest.

I am sorry, but when people blame Law Enforcement for the mess, they themselves as voters, who consistantly put the liberals in power who made all these laws I have no sympathy.

To me it is like a congregation voting in ministers who are pro-gay marriage. The clergy then hold a gay marriage ceremony. The congregation is so incesensed they beat the janitor.

The people of NY have constistantly voted liberal. Now, they are angry at work-a-day guys that put their lives ont he line for the ungreatful, who had nothing to do with the choices the voters of NY made for themselves.

NYPD didn't put Cuomo in office. The citizens of NY did that. Yet suddenly it is NYPD's fault?

That's beyond stupid.
KA,

You need to take a step back and rationally examine the situation. You are emotionally overplaying this issue into much more than it really is. Where's those Dragnet guys when you need them, Just the facts... Look at JUST THE FACTS.

None of these companies are anti-LEO. They are anti-unreasonable gun control government. We've established that there will be no harm whatsoever to military or LEO's on the job. That equipment already exists on site, and none of them are being told to destroy it, turn it in, or send it out of state like the civilians in NYS are being forced to do.

The state Government of New York is anti civilian. They are setting up a scenario where law abiding civilians will be limited to 7 round mags, but police and crooks can have any size mags they want to have. So, remember, just the facts, who is being screwed here? It's not the crooks. It's not the cops. It's all the regular civilians that all of us are supposed to be caring about.

If you need a reality check, here it is. If NYS had carved out a special exemption for LEO and retired LEO, and Active Duty and Retired Military, I would still be against it.

Considering that you are ignoring that no military or LEO on the job will be inconvenienced by the action these companies are taking, it is only reasonable to assume that you are getting your panties in a square knotted bunch because you are upset that LEO's off duty aren't being given special status and rights that normal citizens are being denied.

When it was my job to defend Americans, I saw them as the bosses, not the peasant serfs. Is that the difference?

If I've got you all wrong, please, correct me, but you have been ignoring very specific and pertinent information given to you and still been incensed in a hard to understand way for a while now. At this point, arrogant hypocrisy is about all I have to go with for your motivation here.

I want cops to be able to own 30 round mags at home too. I want their neighbors, whether they are plumbers, teachers, or Physician Assistants to be able to own them too. That's fair. What you seem to be arguing for is not fair.
Old 02-23-2013, 14:53   #552
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Red XIII View Post
Once again, the EMS gets screwed. lol.

Red
Red headed step children.

Yeah, I don't agree with that either. Every assaulted patient you report to see, is laying in a dangerous place. After all, just a few moments before the 911 call, someone was actually hurt on that very spot.

At least when I was a first responder, I had armor (tanks) and close air support. There is nothing like having good friends with superior fire power. I got pinned down once. We called for help, and I had Abrams, bradleys, a squad of infantry, and three Apaches show up in about 5 minutes. They were all buzzing like angry bees, and the guys shooting at us didn't last long at all. It was hard to give a body count, the pieces were small and spread around.

Be safe out there, you are the bravest of the brave, you go where there is need without arms. I'm not in agreement with that, but it is what it is.

Old 02-23-2013, 15:04   #553
RonS

I don't think any police officer or agency in America should be permitted to purchase or posess any weapon that is illegal for a private citizen living in the jurisdiction of that agency.

I have just as much right as Joe Biden to decide what other people need and no more requirement to be reasonable about it.
Old 02-23-2013, 15:24   #554
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
At least when I was a first responder, I had armor (tanks) and close air support. There is nothing like having good friends with superior fire power. I got pinned down once. We called for help, and I had Abrams, bradleys, a squad of infantry, and three Apaches show up in about 5 minutes. They were all buzzing like angry bees, and the guys shooting at us didn't last long at all. It was hard to give a body count, the pieces were small and spread around.
Hey, it is a good feeling to be one of those in the air to respond when those on the ground need help, sir!

There was this one time at band camp, in Cambodia....

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-23-2013 at 15:24..
Old 02-23-2013, 15:47   #555
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Hey, it is a good feeling to be one of those in the air to respond when those on the ground need help, sir!

There was this one time at band camp, in Cambodia....
I've had a few less than 100 people tell me I should write a book. There are quite a few guys that I know that led more interesting lives than I did.

On that particular day, the Apaches didn't have to fire. There was a platoon of tanks on one end of town, a platoon of bradleys on the other, and a company of light infantry in the middle. I happened to be a bit closer to the tanks on that day. HEAT rounds into the first floor of a two story building until the second floor becomes the first is an effective method of clearance. I only had one other bad day with fire directed at me in that town, and after that, you'd be surprised at how well people listened when I showed up at a meeting. That was '99, so I was all of about 31 years old.

I could tell you stories of the 1SG in the town next to mine that could put all of my stories to shame. He taught me that the term "Skull-Drag" was not just a figure of speech. His town was a lot quieter, because he went ugly early.

I learned a lot about humans in Kosovo.
Old 02-23-2013, 16:58   #556
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
Why do the police need those scary guns anymore with a ban in place? After all, the untrusted civilians won't have them so there is any reason for anyone to have them anymore. Right?

If a six shooter and a pump shotgun is good enough for me to protect my family, it's all you need to do your job.

Old 02-23-2013, 17:02   #557
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
Why punish the law abiding civilians that don't use guns to commit crimes?

Instead of going public with your butt hurt and thinking cops should be, "Special" () get on the side of freedom for all of the rest of us too. That is unless your part of their regime.
Old 02-23-2013, 17:24   #558
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. LEO's, even in New York will be able to have full capacity magazines, any fear on their part is unfounded.

Civilians will have to turn in, destroy, or get rid of their full capacity magazines.

No, it's not fair. No, the LEO's pictured with Cuomo, Biden and Barry don't give a crap about the normal people.

Many other LEO's support gun rights for us poor normal civilians. Some are strangely claiming to and yet still crying and decomposing emotionally at this stand by private companies, even though they have been shown there will be no harm.

The companies taking this stand need to be supported by all fair minded people.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-23-2013 at 17:26..
Old 02-23-2013, 17:27   #559
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
KA,

You need to take a step back and rationally examine the situation. You are emotionally overplaying this issue into much more than it really is. Where's those Dragnet guys when you need them, Just the facts... Look at JUST THE FACTS.
Let's.

Quote:
None of these companies are anti-LEO.
They have come out and stated that they will not sell to Law Enforcement Officers, or Departments. It is kind of hard to mistake that.

Quote:
They are anti-unreasonable gun control government.
Who the people of those states voted to put in office. In essence, they screwed themselves.

Quote:
We've established that there will be no harm whatsoever to military or LEO's on the job. That equipment already exists on site, and none of them are being told to destroy it, turn it in, or send it out of state like the civilians in NYS are being forced to do.
You mean the civilians who set this whole thing in motion by consistantly and constantly voting for liberals?

Quote:
The state Government of New York is anti civilian.
The civilians put them there, so the civilians are wholly to blame.

Quote:
They are setting up a scenario where law abiding civilians will be limited to 7 round mags, but police and crooks can have any size mags they want to have.
Crooks have never obeyed the law. So, that is irrelevant. However, police have the job of going up against the crooks who never obeyed the law in the first place. They do this, so civilians don't have to. If they stopped doing that, then the civilians would actually see what a true wave of violence really was by crooks.

Quote:
So, remember, just the facts, who is being screwed here?
The folks who screwed themselves by voting in liberal politicians consistantly. I guess there is no benefit in being a "blue" state.

Quote:
It's not the crooks. It's not the cops. It's all the regular civilians that all of us are supposed to be caring about.
Apparently, they can't care for themselves. So, what do you propose, not allowing them to vote? Since they merrily brought this down on their own heads by choosing poltiicians they knew were crazy liberal.

Quote:
If you need a reality check, here it is. If NYS had carved out a special exemption for LEO and retired LEO, and Active Duty and Retired Military, I would still be against it.
Retired LEO's I have no problem with. They reoutinely piss off criminal organizations on a regular basis who aren't exactly forgiving. They have earned a retried badge and gun after a 25-30 year career of putting their lives on the line and creating a long list of vendettas who would love to find them vulnerable and murder them and their family for their service.

Quote:
Considering that you are ignoring that no military or LEO on the job will be inconvenienced by the action these companies are taking,
Again, completely wrong. These comparies are refusing to not only to see to LEO's but their Departments or Agencies. It is the equivalent of Colt telling the Military to go suck it, and they won't be providing rifles or replacement parts and components. I take it you either have half the information at hand, or are purposely ignoring it.

Quote:
it is only reasonable to assume that you are getting your panties in a square knotted bunch because you are upset that LEO's off duty aren't being given special status and rights that normal citizens are being denied.
I'll be cool with that, as long as you are cool with the VA being shut down, as that is a special privledge not allowed to normal citizens. That wounded military not be given a full pension and full pay for life, as that is not afforded to normal citizens. The wounded warrior project be shut down as tha is not afforded to normal citizens. I could go on, but you see the point.

Quote:
When it was my job to defend Americans, I saw them as the bosses, not the peasant serfs. Is that the difference?
Really? When you get 2k a month housing expenses, which no citizen or LEO gets. When you get free medical which no LEO or citizen gets. When you get large bonuses for reupping which no civilian or Citizen gets. Yup, I can see why you would be smug.

Quote:
If I've got you all wrong, please, correct me, but you have been ignoring very specific and pertinent information given to you and still been incensed in a hard to understand way for a while now. At this point, arrogant hypocrisy is about all I have to go with for your motivation here.
Yeah, sitting in a comfortable position, not dealing with crap that LEOs have to deal with day in and day out would allow you to be high handed. I think given some of your comments, the arrogance and the hypocrisy is yours. The fact is, you are too blinded by the many privledges that have been afforded to you by your choice, that you are blind to it.

Quote:
I want cops to be able to own 30 round mags at home too.
I don't care what they have at at home. I want their duty gear to be full capacity and in good working order.

Quote:
I want their neighbors, whether they are plumbers, teachers, or Physician Assistants to be able to own them too. That's fair. What you seem to be arguing for is not fair.
Then they need to stop consistantly voting Democrat.
Old 02-23-2013, 17:40   #560
maestrogustav

Punishing cops? Please.

If you are in a position to be representing the .gov, holding a weapon pointed at a civilian, then you should be limited to what civilians are legally allowed to have.

If you say "The bad guys are going to have semiauto hi caps!"--- well now you know how WE feel.

Why should Larue arm you, to enable you better to disarm your "jurisdiction."

If you say "we need better weapons to fight the bad guys. . . . .!!!" Then stand alongside the civilians who have to fight the same bad guys.

Turn your union against the pols who are stripping the rights of the people in your charge to protect themselves. Citizens are the true first responders. Why do you want to disarm them? If you don't, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

the point of this is to get people like you cops thinking and talking. If you are not with us, then you will be against us at some point.

good luck with your decisions.

Last edited by maestrogustav; 02-23-2013 at 17:41..
Old 02-23-2013, 17:44   #561
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
Let's.

They have come out and stated that they will not sell to Law Enforcement Officers, or Departments. It is kind of hard to mistake that.

Who the people of those states voted to put in office. In essence, they screwed themselves.

You mean the civilians who set this whole thing in motion by consistantly and constantly voting for liberals?

Crooks have never obeyed the law. So, that is irrelevant. However, police have the job of going up against the crooks who never obeyed the law in the first place. They do this, so civilians don't have to. If they stopped doing that, then the civilians would actually see what a true wave of violence really was by crooks.

The folks who screwed themselves by voting in liberal politicians consistantly. I guess there is no benefit in being a "blue" state.

Apparently, they can't care for themselves. So, what do you propose, not allowing them to vote? Since they merrily brought this down on their own heads by choosing poltiicians they knew were crazy liberal.

Retired LEO's I have no problem with. They reoutinely piss off criminal organizations on a regular basis who aren't exactly forgiving. They have earned a retried badge and gun after a 25-30 year career of putting their lives on the line and creating a long list of vendettas who would love to find them vulnerable and murder them and their family for their service.

Again, completely wrong. These comparies are refusing to not only to see to LEO's but their Departments or Agencies. It is the equivalent of Colt telling the Military to go suck it, and they won't be providing rifles or replacement parts and components. I take it you either have half the information at hand, or are purposely ignoring it.

I'll be cool with that, as long as you are cool with the VA being shut down, as that is a special privledge not allowed to normal citizens. That wounded military not be given a full pension and full pay for life, as that is not afforded to normal citizens. The wounded warrior project be shut down as tha is not afforded to normal citizens. I could go on, but you see the point.

Really? When you get 2k a month housing expenses, which no citizen or LEO gets. When you get free medical which no LEO or citizen gets. When you get large bonuses for reupping which no civilian or Citizen gets. Yup, I can see why you would be smug.

Yeah, sitting in a comfortable position, not dealing with crap that LEOs have to deal with day in and day out would allow you to be high handed. I think given some of your comments, the arrogance and the hypocrisy is yours. The fact is, you are too blinded by the many privledges that have been afforded to you by your choice, that you are blind to it.

I don't care what they have at at home. I want their duty gear to be full capacity and in good working order.

Cops choose their location, they aren't told where to report for duty. They don't have to deploy for months at a time, leaving family and loved ones not knowing where they are for weeks at a time.

Cops can walk off the job any time they want, turn in their badge, gun, and patrol car, then tell the whole PD to piss off.

Cops aren't subject to the UCMJ, they are civilians in every sense of the word.

When cops sign a contract like the military does, I'll acknowledge your arguments.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Old 02-23-2013, 17:46   #562
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Let's.

They only won't sell anything to them that they cannot sell legally to the general public.

Yes they did, and there were LEOs lined up to vote them in as well.

Yes, and the liberal LEOS as well.

Cops are civilians too. Some of them helped as well.

Correct me if I am wrong, but most of the crimes that are committed that make criminals criminals are committed on "civilians" and not exclusively, or even primarily, on those that wear badges. Non-badge wearers deserve as much a right to defend against this front line crime as any. It would be no comfort to my family that a policeman with a 15 round mag brought down the dirtbag that killed me because I only had 7 rounds.

See above

See above

Retired LEO's I have no problem with. They reoutinely piss off criminal organizations on a regular basis who aren't exactly forgiving. They have earned a retried badge and gun after a 25-30 year career of putting their lives on the line and creating a long list of vendettas who would love to find them vulnerable and murder them and their family for their service. No more special than a retired shoe salesman.

A lot of ignoring going on in this thread.

From what I have read in another thread, Calvery Doc does want to shut down the VAs.

I think you dont know much about the military. If you think that civilians don't get perks and bonuses, you are living somewhere dark and smelly.

Made some points above in blue.
Old 02-23-2013, 17:52   #563
maestrogustav

Quote:
Let's.

You sir, with all due respect to the dangerous job you do, are full of B S on this issue.

Citizens go up against BGs every single day. Statistically less often, I'll grant you. But when you are called to the scene of a crime, 99 percent of the time it is after the fact. Meanwhile, the victim WAS the scene of the crime. And he was there. You weren't.

When NY went from 30 round mags to 10 rounds, people said "don't worry!" When New Yorkers were told to register their guns they were told "Don't worry!" Now we're at 7 round mags, and the pols said "we're only reducing it by 3 rounds!" And the people with newly banned registered weapons are now being forced to turn them in.

If you cops don't step up, then you are de facto standing with those whose true wish is total disarmament. Do you stand with Blooomberg? If not, get together with likeminded cops and go to the NYPost. Take a stand for us.

Frankly, it's like all the Muslims in America who said what a shame it was on 9/11-- but would not stand up against the true Islamists. Eventually, we come to think of them as all on the same side.

Now is the time.

We want you to have all the gear necessary for your next crack house raid. We want you to go home safe. But if you stand around with your mouth shut as your constiuents are disarmed, while picking up your LT OBR with a letter on PD stationery, many of us say nothing more than good luck to you.

Last edited by maestrogustav; 02-23-2013 at 17:57..
Old 02-23-2013, 17:54   #564
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Let's.

I'm not sure how you wish me to take this response, so head on is the way I will approach it.

The companies have stated that they will not sell to anyone in the state, items that are not legal to everyone in the state. Bub, that's as fair as it can be. Get over that.

LEO's don't vote? They don't have any responsibility, even when many of them pose behind these forked up politicians while they demand gun control. No, I do not blame the ones that aren't there, but I do blame the ones that are.

As far as my bonuses go, you need to get your facts straight. I spent 20 years in the military, and received one $2000 bonus. That's it. Nothing more. I only got half of that, because I changed jobs.

You can search for my recommendations for the VA any time you would like, a post I made today might make you wet your diapers.

KA, you mentioned earlier that you might have given me more respect than you think I deserved. I'm afraid I have to return the favor. You are either an emotionally unstable nutjob, a temporarily maladjusted D-B, or just a narcissistic *******.

I'm really not sure which one you are. You are a mystery at the moment. You are not making a lick of sense one way or the other.

It has been repeatedly pointed out how the companies taking this stand will not hurt a single on the Job LEO.
It has been repeatedly pointed out that the regular civilians are the only ones that will really suffer in the states involved.
You have been repeatedly requested to join with us to fight the legislators.
You have repeatedly taken a stance that you are somehow more special than all of us poor peasants, and arrogantly claimed more rights than the rest of us should have.

Stop taking whatever hallucinogenics you are taking and pay close attention.

NOTHING THESE COMPANIES ARE DOING WILL EFFECT THE EQUIPMENT OF ANY ON THE JOB LEO'S.

What is so hard to understand about that?

You are lining up to oppose normal citizens, and lining up to support LEO's over us regular folks, even when there will be no harm to LEO's.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-23-2013 at 18:10..
Old 02-23-2013, 18:06   #565
RetailNinjitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1305 View Post
It is my understanding many cops in NY support the weapons bans. Larue and Olympia are making political statements.
Far from true. The NYS Sheriff's association has passed a resolution opposing the law...so have dozens of local and county benevolent associations. Most cops I know are among the most outspoken supporters of the 2nd...
Old 02-23-2013, 18:27   #566
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
I'll admit to not knowing you very well, your message in the post above didn't elevate you in any way in my book. This hits home for ALL of us. I want your family to have the most effective tools available. Mine too, even if they are not LEO's.

Lets take a step back and regroup. You're upset because some companies are going to restrict sales of things not legally own able by civilians in states that have unreasonable gun control.

I'm supporting those companies. Why? Not because I don't like you or don't like police officers, but because it sounds very fair and gets attention.

I used to work at a military confinement facility in Mannheim, guess what, all people who wear a uniform are not good guys. I can think of a few who needed a needle then, and would love to be the guy that pushed the plunger on the "last needle"
on one particular active duty Major. A uniform might be an indicator, but it's not proof of anything. If you even do a superficial look around, you will find heroes and zeros in every group. I've also worked at an interrogation facility in Baghdad. Yeah, there have been several people that have threatened to kill me and my family if they ever got the chance. Some of those threats were just to try to get under my skin. Some were promises by very committed terrorists and former Bath party officials, others by true psychotics. Meh, it's just part of the job.

I've been retired from the Army for over 6 years. I don't get to carry AT4's in my truck. I really don't agree with NYS exempting retired officers from the magazine restriction.

Considering that, I think companies refusing to ship any product that is not compliant with the civilian restrictions to NYS is not only fair, it's funny. I hope the idea catches on and the citizens, with the support of law enforcement change the law. Time will tell. I hope publicity from this helps stall any potential stupid ineffectual gun control laws in Texas, Kentucky, and all the other states. Wisconsin has a bill that would ban any expanding bullets. http://www.examiner.com/article/wisc...ing-ammunition

So, if it passes, companies should only ship FMJ there, period, no exceptions.

That's fair.
Far be it from me, as a spectator to this particular conversation in the thread, to intrude, but you did not address a single point he made. Instead you just regurgitated the same drivel you've been spewing this entire thread.

Why don't you actually try engaging in a conversation?

On an unrelated note, I'm curious about something... Your moniker is "Calvary Doc" and you list that you retired as a Major. Your public profile lists medicine as an interest, and your current occupation as a physician assistant.

Based on these things you list, I'm going to assume that you were an officer, in the 1st Calvary Division out of Ft Hood.

What exactly was your MOS, as an officer in the medical field, which got you face to face with some many "AQ terrorists" who threatened you "face to face" so much? I'm genuinely curious.

I'm also curious what HSLD ultra-dangerous job allowed you the time to make 35,000 posts on GT since 2005. In my super boring and safe job as a cop, I've only had enough down time to make about 5,000 posts since 2004. I'm genuinely curious.

I must be honest with you. I think you may be overplaying your hand a bit here. Especially since you seem to be unwilling to consider the regular dangers we face as cops, or even think about how many of us also served in the military in combat and free fire zones.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 02-23-2013 at 18:27..
Old 02-23-2013, 18:52   #567
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrogustav View Post
Punishing cops? Please.

If you are in a position to be representing the .gov, holding a weapon pointed at a civilian, then you should be limited to what civilians are legally allowed to have.
I guess that screws the military in your opinion.

Quote:
If you say "The bad guys are going to have semiauto hi caps!"--- well now you know how WE feel.
Why would I care about how you feel. You don't put on a bullseye and go fight crime and put your life on the line everyday. If you did, then I might.

Quote:
Why should Larue arm you, to enable you better to disarm your "jurisdiction."
I speak English. Do you? Who is disarming who? No one has seized your firearms. No one is in the process of seizing your fireams. Well, unless you are using them in a comission of a crime, then you would be jeopardy of losing them. You aren't, are you?

Quote:
If you say "we need better weapons to fight the bad guys. . . . .!!!" Then stand alongside the civilians who have to fight the same bad guys.
Oh, please tell me how many "bad guys" you face everyday in your current employment. What exactly is it you do?

Quote:
Turn your union against the pols who are stripping the rights of the people in your charge to protect themselves.
Actually, it is the idiots where you choose to live that keep voting Democrat that caused your problem.

Quote:
Citizens are the true first responders. Why do you want to disarm them? If you don't, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!
What exactly have you EVER responded to. Please tell us.

Quote:
the point of this is to get people like you cops thinking and talking. If you are not with us, then you will be against us at some point.

good luck with your decisions.
While we are on the topic of "you people" it is you "you people" that voted Democrat that caused your own **** storm.
Old 02-23-2013, 19:32   #568
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Had another caramel vanilla drumstick ice cream cone. It was good.
Old 02-23-2013, 19:33   #569
RussP

Okay, folks, I must ask you to dial the rhetoric back a few clicks.

Right now the topic is going in circles and the exchanges are getting way too personal.

Stay on the topic and off each others backs.

You've been given a hell of a lot of latitude in this thread. Now you're starting to abuse it.

Lets settle down and get back to more civil exchanges.

Thanks...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-23-2013, 19:35   #570
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper45 View Post
I never had you pegged as a snake kinda guy. I would have thought you were into birds if forced to guess.
Never had birds. They poop and stink too much. Also, can't really play with them. I have a high ceiling house. They get loose, I am done for days chasing that thing while it poops all over my house.
Old 02-23-2013, 19:53   #571
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Cops choose their location, they aren't told where to report for duty. They don't have to deploy for months at a time, leaving family and loved ones not knowing where they are for weeks at a time.
Wrong. When I joined the Border Patrol in 1998, they told me where I was going to live. They didn't ask. I have been sent all over the world on orders, not upon request and left my family back in the good old USA for periods of time. So, once again, your ignorance is glaring.

Quote:
Cops can walk off the job any time they want, turn in their badge, gun, and patrol car, then tell the whole PD to piss off.
Again, wrong. Processing out takes time. It doesn't take moments like the civilian world.

Quote:
Cops aren't subject to the UCMJ, they are civilians in every sense of the word.
Odd. I saw more combat than the Coast Guard, yet they are under the umbrella of DHS, and are considered Vetrans, yet they had the same option of resigning as a Border Patrol Agent. Funny that.

Quote:
When cops sign a contract like the military does, I'll acknowledge your arguments.
If you are relocated, you have to sign a contract to remain employed for a year. Seems contractual to me.

You do enjoy being wrong a lot, don't you?

Quote:
Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Last edited by Kingarthurhk; 02-23-2013 at 20:33..
Old 02-23-2013, 20:10   #572
emtp2rn

Send a message via Yahoo to emtp2rn
If you decide to play along with all of the anti-gun politicians like Bloomberg or Rahm then the gun laws being enacted will cause the bad guys to turn their guns in also, and then the good guys shouldn't need high cap mags or AR-15's. This isn't the reality, so the good guys need someone that still has guns.

The problem you have is that Rham Emmanuel and Bloomberg are declaring war on the gun manufacturers in addition to enacting tighter gun laws. Rham was pressuring BofA to revoke Remmington's line of credit and TD Bank to revoke Smith and Wesson's.

At what point do they roll over or fight back?

What LaRue and Olympic arms are doing is displaying an act of civil disobedience. They have no ability to change the law, but this is how their voice can be heard. It is a shame that they are doing it to the entire LEO community in NY.

Les Baer started in Illinois and moved to Iowa to let their voice be heard.

Remington is being wooed out of NY, where they have been for over 200 years. (I hope Michigan can ink that deal.)

As a business leader in my community, but not a resident, I have no vote. I work in a city where the Mayor is a major anti-gunner and worse he is supporting cutting the PD force significantly.

Having needed the local LEO's for an active B&E, and 4 hours later I get a call that an officer is enroute I wish I had better options other than dealing with the situation myself (without my gun).

My act of civil disobedience, I"m moving as many of my employees as possible out of the city to an alternate work location. As we have a local income tax, I'm speaking with tax dollars.

The problem is that the legislators, politicians, and chief law enforcement pundits do not feel the effects of their laws like the every day citizens because they are either exempted or afforded protection details.
Para LDA 14
H&K USPc 45
Old 02-23-2013, 20:13   #573
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Never had birds. They poop and stink too much. Also, can't really play with them. I have a high ceiling house. They get loose, I am done for days chasing that thing while it poops all over my house.
They're super loud too, screeching all the time, it's awful.
Old 02-23-2013, 20:21   #574
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Far be it from me, as a spectator to this particular conversation in the thread, to intrude, but you did not address a single point he made. Instead you just regurgitated the same drivel you've been spewing this entire thread.

Why don't you actually try engaging in a conversation?

On an unrelated note, I'm curious about something... Your moniker is "Calvary Doc" and you list that you retired as a Major. Your public profile lists medicine as an interest, and your current occupation as a physician assistant.

Based on these things you list, I'm going to assume that you were an officer, in the 1st Calvary Division out of Ft Hood.

What exactly was your MOS, as an officer in the medical field, which got you face to face with some many "AQ terrorists" who threatened you "face to face" so much? I'm genuinely curious.

I'm also curious what HSLD ultra-dangerous job allowed you the time to make 35,000 posts on GT since 2005. In my super boring and safe job as a cop, I've only had enough down time to make about 5,000 posts since 2004. I'm genuinely curious.

I must be honest with you. I think you may be overplaying your hand a bit here. Especially since you seem to be unwilling to consider the regular dangers we face as cops, or even think about how many of us also served in the military in combat and free fire zones.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
The profile is accurate. I spent time on active duty with the 1st cavalry div, 1st infantry div, and 11th ACR. I spent my first 10 years enlisted. My second 10 as a Physician Assistant. It's an AOC, not an MOS, although they are pretty much the same thing, 65D.

As you might expect, after Abu Grhaib, medical officers were part of the regular duty contingent for interrogation facilities. There was a group of us that pulled duty at the Division Interrogation Facility, and our TMC was the medical backup for the facility that housed all of the high value (deck of cards) prisoners. They had one physician with very limited equipment on site, and if he needed any assistance, lab, dental or X-ray support, he brought his patients to us.

I fully understand the companies that are taking this stand are not endangering a single LEO. They already have what they have, and none of these companies are taking anything away from them. There will be some companies that will not sign onto the program, and LEO's in NYS or any other state will still be able to get what they need. That is a fact. If every company stopped selling every thing to states with restrictive gun control, outside LEO organizations would make sure those guys got what they needed.

Seeing that there is no danger whatsoever to LEO's in NYS, I support the attention getting measure that these companies are taking.

That's all. I don't want anyone hurt.

I have noticed an almost complete lack of concern for the citizens in NYS, who will be impacted by the laws recently passed. They are the ones that need help, I think these companies are doing what they can to help them.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-23-2013 at 20:22..
Old 02-23-2013, 20:29   #575
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrogustav View Post
You sir, with all due respect to the dangerous job you do, are full of B S on this issue.
How the HELL would you know?

Quote:
Citizens go up against BGs every single day.
Please give me a daily recount of your encounters that you apparently have EVERY SINGLE DAY. I would love to hear about it.

Quote:
Statistically less often, I'll grant you. But when you are called to the scene of a crime, 99 percent of the time it is after the fact. Meanwhile, the victim WAS the scene of the crime. And he was there. You weren't.
Again, how would you know. Please recount all the armed encounters you have had. The ammount of times you have been shot at. The ammount of times you have either come close to having to take a life, or have taken one. The ammount of the people you work closely with that have been killed in your line of work, the ammount of times you have nearly been killed in your line of work. I am dying of curiousity.

Quote:
When NY went from 30 round mags to 10 rounds, people said "don't worry!" When New Yorkers were told to register their guns they were told "Don't worry!" Now we're at 7 round mags, and the pols said "we're only reducing it by 3 rounds!" And the people with newly banned registered weapons are now being forced to turn them in.
And New Yorkers consistantly voted in the people that made it happen like the grumpy sheeple they are. Now, they are suprised that their consistant choices of politicians has led them to this.

Quote:
If you cops don't step up, then you are de facto standing with those whose true wish is total disarmament. Do you stand with Blooomberg? If not, get together with likeminded cops and go to the NYPost. Take a stand for us.
I have been rabidly pro-2A for my entire life. The fact that you declare that all LEO's are anti-2A is stupid. I really don't know too many that are. And those are usually relegated to the "weirdo" category. The rest of us are firearms happy. Politicians who were elected by people who voted liberal who then in turn found another political appointee to put in charge of police forces shouldn't suprise you. But, they DO NOT represent the rank and file opinion.

Quote:
Frankly, it's like all the Muslims in America who said what a shame it was on 9/11-- but would not stand up against the true Islamists. Eventually, we come to think of them as all on the same side.
I stand up everytime I vote. I go for candidates that are about freedom for everyone. I do my part. Now, go do yours.

Quote:
Now is the time.

We want you to have all the gear necessary for your next crack house raid. We want you to go home safe. But if you stand around with your mouth shut as your constiuents are disarmed, while picking up your LT OBR with a letter on PD stationery, many of us say nothing more than good luck to you.
I don't have constituents. I am not a politician. THAT is where you're anger should be directed.

I finally made it back to the free state of Texas. It is a great place to be a firearms owner. If New York sucks. Give them the finger, as New Yorkers are prone to do, and come to a free state where the 2A is a way of life.
Closed Thread