Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 23:29   #441
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Before the storm, we had a few days in the 80's... was able to drive with the top down on the convertible. Now it's 50's all day.
Did you test some new 10 mm loads out last week and not pay attention and cause all that trouble in Russia?
Old 02-21-2013, 23:31   #442
Gills63

Do you have freezing rain or snow yet copper? I got pink over me but its a no show.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 02-21-2013, 23:35   #443
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills63 View Post
Do you have freezing rain or snow yet copper? I got pink over me but its a no show.

Sporadic snow.

Freezing rain was Monday night. It's been a block of ice here all week.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 02-21-2013, 23:39   #444
Southswede

Man I ALMOST had to close the bedroom window last night!! Got a bit chilly........
Old 02-21-2013, 23:51   #445
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Freezing rain here, but supposed to get close to 60 tomorrow.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 02-22-2013, 00:09   #446
Gills63

Yeah we had freezing rain too. I had to drive to dayton for training

Old 02-22-2013, 02:11   #447
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

It's mid-40's right now... too cold to be outside.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:20   #448
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:
It's mid-40's right now... too cold to be outside.
Pssssh! Better toughen up, buttercup. 20 degrees and snowstorm. Of course, that doesn't stop people from driving like it's 80, sunny and dry.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37   #449
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

The lives of government agents are not more worthy of protecting than the lives of my family so they should not have access to better tools for defense than the rest of the citizens. If some can not understand that concept than I'm not sure they ever will.

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald

Last edited by TheJ; 02-22-2013 at 04:37..
Old 02-22-2013, 05:29   #450
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseflipper View Post
Question - If the police on day one stated "We will not enforce any unconstitutional gun laws being debated". Do you think this ban would have happened ?
Without the photo ops and law enforcement groups signing on as supporters, it probably would not have gone anywhere.

But here we are. Quite a few manufacturers are exercising some capitalist discretion, if that movement catches on, maybe we can change some minds. The weather is sure to get warmer for a lot of people that expected to stay cool during this push.

If nothing else, it sure makes the debate interesting when everyone is treated the same.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-22-2013 at 05:32..
Old 02-22-2013, 05:55   #451
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
No, I'm pretty sure that I am hearing you loud and clear.

See, I think the time for that is gone. I think that we all hang together, or we will all certainly hang separately.

If LEO wants public support, they should support the public. I've seen WAY too many LEO standing behind Barry in support of his "Disarm Citizen" policy.

Cop Talk
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...apons-ban.html

Cop Talk
http://www.sfgate.com/politics/artic...ol-4250873.php

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/461*395/000fbefa-7994-46a7-833f-ecc14bf0aced.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...elongodds.html

Cop Talk
http://www.nationalmemo.com/biden-ou...t-weapons-ban/

I'm done putting my head in the sand. There are many LEO's out there that aren't fighting for my rights. I'm not going to fight for theirs any more. I'm writing as many gun, magazine and ammo suppliers as I can find emails for daily requesting that they join the LEO/Government agency sales restrictions in every state applicable.

For those that are pro- RKBA, welcome to the fight. Convince your fellow LEO and organizations to support us, and we WILL support you back.
None of those people even remotely represent me. Period.

Did the military folks that cheered for Obama and went to hug him for a photo op, represent the Military as a whole?

I could post those pictures if you like.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17   #452
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
None of those people even remotely represent me. Period.

Did the military folks that cheered for Obama and went to hug him for a photo op, represent the Military as a whole?

I could post those pictures if you like.
Please, please do. Maybe it'll wake him up to the fact that photo ops are nothing more than political events. By his logic, I suppose the military supports Obama's agenda, and will be coming for his guns. I'd be a lot more concerned about the guys in Bradleys coming, than the folks who drive care with red and blue lights.

As has been mentioned several times here, as well. Should the Moron Lubers wet dream of dying in a fight over gun confiscation occur, it likely will not be state or local agencies conducting the operation. We don't enforce federal law. I know that's a hard concept for some to follow, but it's true. I can't arrest someone for ANY violation under USC. Which is what a federal gun ban and confiscation thereupon would fall under.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:20   #453
wprebeck
Got quacks?

What I really hope happens is this: you morons who are doing this - I hope you need the police in the worst way. A nice active shooter sounds great. And, hopefully, the police won't come save your ass, since they don't have the necessary ammunition or equipment.

You want this to get ugly? Fine. Let it be so. I'll save the ammo and magazines i have to defend myself - not others who wish I didn't have it.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:22   #454
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Weather here is cold, but the storm blew through in one night and is gone. Hope it warms up soon.
We got a sheet of ice :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24   #455
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
They aren't screwing cops, they are screwing governments that screw them/us. All of those cops are free to go buy any gun they want in their civilian capacity.

I'm usually on the police side, but I agree 100% with refusing to do business with anti-gun governments. Guess what guys, just because you're a good guy, that doesn't make the government you work for good and it's your choice to work there.

If nothing else, I think it makes an important statement in the gun control debate - if these guns aren't needed to defend our lives, why does the government need them so bad?

Last edited by Bren; 02-22-2013 at 06:25..
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24   #456
wprebeck
Got quacks?

One more thing -

Its evident that none of you have any business sense. Gun bans are being pushed nationally. If successful, these bans will severely limit the available customers for gun, ammunition, and firearms accessory manufacturers. You're asking them to stop selling to potentially the only customers they will have left, should these bans be successful.

Great business acumen - piss off and alienate what might be your ONLY customer base.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26   #457
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Bren,

Did you argue in front of the KY Supreme Court last Friday? There was a particular case concerning 15.520 that was heard.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:38   #458
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Bren,

Did you argue in front of the KY Supreme Court last Friday? There was a particular case concerning 15.520 that was heard.
Nope, wasn't me. The oral argument calendar says it was all private attorneys. Looks like maybe local governments represented by private firms. I'm at Ft. Jackson, SC, trying to get the Army to deploy me.

Last edited by Bren; 02-22-2013 at 06:39..
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47   #459
countrygun

As the Bard said,

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much"
I have been trying to recall a time when Law Enforcement Agencies had a hard time getting equipment not available to the common rabble. I remember when surplus full auto weapons were made available through Government channels. I know that even today I cannot go to my LGS and order the same tear gas guns and ammo that is available to proper agencies.

It strikes me as odd that individual officers should be worried that because some commercial businesses decline their business, their agencies will be unable to procure high capacity magazines for their duty weapons. Many of the agencies acquire the duty weapons from the manufacturers or their agents and in so doing acquire extra magazines for the dutyweapons. Even in agencies that require the officers to purchase their own duty weapons the agency must certainly have the ability to contact the manufacturers, and even if the officers have to pay out of pocket, acquire magazines for the duty weapons. I have never really seen much that an agency can't get in the way of duty equipment.

I would say the same thing might also apply to the authorized backup duty weapons or off duty weapons. I know that even in California officers have no trouble getting around the restrictions on magazines for their duty weapons and can even order "restricted" guns if they get the proper paperwork to show they are to be used as duty weapons.

No I can't see that That any official procurement process existing today would have any problem at all because several retail companies don't want to sell a particular item to individual officers in a given State.

No, I think there must be some other reason that so many here seem to be upset about retail restrictions on magazines for their duty weapons. I am sure there is a reason, but I can't put my finger on it.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:49   #460
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
The lives of government agents are not more worthy of protecting than the lives of my family so they should not have access to better tools for defense than the rest of the citizens. If some can not understand that concept than I'm not sure they ever will.
The concept is fully and completely understood. All life is equally valuable.

Some lives are put at risk more often than others, some by choice through job requirements, others by undesired, unfortunate happenstance.

In which group would you consider yourself? I would now be in the latter group. I don't go where trouble has the better chance of engaging me anymore.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Closed Thread