Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 20:57   #401
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
Are you making an effort to not read what I'm writing?

I knew I was wasting my time..
No, I'm pretty sure that I am hearing you loud and clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post

No one is saying anyone deserves more than anyone else, but a cop exemption is usually and easy sell and should be a stop gap until we can fix these laws.

See, I think the time for that is gone. I think that we all hang together, or we will all certainly hang separately.

If LEO wants public support, they should support the public. I've seen WAY too many LEO standing behind Barry in support of his "Disarm Citizen" policy.

Cop Talk
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...apons-ban.html

Cop Talk
http://www.sfgate.com/politics/artic...ol-4250873.php

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/461*395/000fbefa-7994-46a7-833f-ecc14bf0aced.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...elongodds.html

Cop Talk
http://www.nationalmemo.com/biden-ou...t-weapons-ban/

I'm done putting my head in the sand. There are many LEO's out there that aren't fighting for my rights. I'm not going to fight for theirs any more. I'm writing as many gun, magazine and ammo suppliers as I can find emails for daily requesting that they join the LEO/Government agency sales restrictions in every state applicable.

For those that are pro- RKBA, welcome to the fight. Convince your fellow LEO and organizations to support us, and we WILL support you back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-21-2013 at 21:00..
Old 02-21-2013, 21:00   #402
Gills63

So if they pass a federal AWB that is way overboard, just remember its in the land of too bad...we have elections. Heck if the armed forces don't stop these laws I say we restrict them also (you don't need to tell me how dumb this sounds, I already know)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 02-21-2013, 21:01   #403
sugarcreek
Tag Team Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I think that we all hang together, or we will all certainly hang separately.
It really is this simple.
Old 02-21-2013, 21:09   #404
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
I'll say it AGAIN for thr umpteenth time, since obviously you're not reading through any of the posts, or else your comprehension is beyond sub-par: NO ONE HERE IS SAYING YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ACCESS TO THESE WEAPONS! NO ONE!

Firstly, you underestimate the "political power" a police officer has. We're allowed to have opinions, but they don't carry much weight. Second, you never answered the questions I posed when you'd quoted my last post. Please do so, I'm genuinely interested in the answer.

Please understand that I couldn't give a rat's ass when you own for self defense. Most cops don't. I've done as much as I'm allowed to stand up for your rights by writing letters and emails, but again, we come back to cops not really having this so-called "pull" you imagine we do. The rest is sadly upon you.

As I said in an earlier post, its absolutely these company's right to deny service to anyone for basically any reason, and it's my right to purchase the tools of my trade elsewhere, which I will do, even after this foolishness has ended. I can't abide someone who will willingly throw myself and my brethren under the bus for political gain, on either side of the issue.

And I suppose you will swear on a stack of bibles that you would feel exactly the same if you were a civilian, That if you were forbidden to have high caps, but the police could, it wouldn't bother you at all and you would still be mad at the companies who have made this decision?

You wouldn't have any issue with those who enforce a law, limiting Second Amendment rights, being above that law If you were a civilian/citizen/non-LEO that wouldn't bother you?

It wouldn't sound to your ears like a ruling elite was taking rights away from the masses while they bestow them on their employees?

It wouldn't make you wonder who the Police were civil servants or had become something else?

OK then I can understand your position and why you can't understand the citizen/civilian/Non-LEO position.
Old 02-21-2013, 21:09   #405
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills63 View Post
So if they pass a federal AWB that is way overboard, just remember its in the land of too bad...we have elections. Heck if the armed forces don't stop these laws I say we restrict them also (you don't need to tell me how dumb this sounds, I already know)

Apples and oranges. Nice try though.

Guys, here are some links, write them daily.

publicsafetysales@sigsauer.com

qa@smith-wesson.com

http://us.glock.com/customer-service/contact-us

http://www.federalpremium.com/company/contact_us.aspx

http://www.hornady.com/contact_us

http://www.winchester.com/Pages/Home.aspx

http://www.remington.com/en/pages/ou...pany-info.aspx

https://www.dpmsinc.com/crm.asp?action=contactus

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...play&page_id=8

http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=5

Drop them a line.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-21-2013, 21:13   #406
Gills63

I agree with Doc. If I can't have morphine and cut people, doctors shouldn't either. If I can't sentence people to death, why can judges? Why can't I call down air strikes...total bs! Why can't I park in school bus zones? Because I don't have a bus! I want diplomatic immunity and I should be able to tour all nuclear sites. I want access to all FBI files and...and...and...

Old 02-21-2013, 21:17   #407
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I agree with Doc. If I can't have morphine and cut people, doctors shouldn't either. If I can't sentence people to death, why can judges? Why can't I call down air strikes...total bs! Why can't I park in school bus zones? Because I don't have a bus! I want diplomatic immunity and I should be able to tour all nuclear sites. I want access to all FBI files and...and...and...

Stop. Place the crack pipe down on the ground, take two steps back, turn around, and run away in a zig zag pattern.

I am all for manufacturers holding everyone in a state to the same standard. That's fair. Don't like where you end up? Raise your voice and argue for change with the rest of us.

Otherwise..... deal with it like the rest of us.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-21-2013, 21:23   #408
countrygun

Quote:

I've seen people go overboard before, but seriously, "Up this guy's Meds" or reduce them, whichever, the dosage ain't right.

So we are comparing a Cop to a Doctor who has been to med school?

a Cop with a judge who has a law degree?

We are saying that "Cops are the only ones in the room qualified" (Ask the guy on the viral video about that.)
Old 02-21-2013, 21:44   #409
SDDL-UP

I have no problem whatsoever with companies refusing to sell to police departments.

Too often police think they are a class above. They are not, they are citizens like everyone else. WE are in this together.

If your police department wants a 7 round magazine limit, you should be prepared to equip your officers with 38 Special revolvers.
Old 02-21-2013, 21:45   #410
Gills63

I would be interested in hearing why the military is exempt and LEOs aren't. I would also be curious why my other examples aren't on the same level. Is your argument that LEOs should have the same gear as civilians or that companies should sell the same to both?

All I see you arguing for is supporting strictier gun laws. Were you one of those kids, that when you got in trouble, you would tattle on somebody else. Its called throwing them under the bus, its a horrible way to gain allies or maintain dignity.

What do you think will happen to these companies when they lose all these orders? Not necessarily a rhetorical question. I'm assuming they will take a massive hit.

Old 02-21-2013, 21:56   #411
countrygun

Quote:
I would be interested in hearing why the military is exempt and LEOs aren't. I would also be curious why my other examples aren't on the same level. Is your argument that LEOs should have the same gear as civilians or that companies should sell the same to both?

That is so self-obvious, the fact that you have to ask...

All I see you arguing for is supporting strictier gun laws. Were you one of those kids, that when you got in trouble, you would tattle on somebody else. Its called throwing them under the bus, its a horrible way to gain allies or maintain dignity.

Who do you think needs whom to be their "allies".? Do you have such a grandiose view of Law Enforcement in the Country that you think they aren't the allies of the people as it is and that the people need to curry their favor?

What do you think will happen to these companies when they lose all these orders? Not necessarily a rhetorical question. I'm assuming they will take a massive hit.

You once again show your grandiose estimate of Law Enforcement orders. Do you really think they are bigger than the orders from the public? Do you really think you re so much brighter than the owners of those companies that you have figured that out and, maybe, it just "slipped their minds"?

This is just the kind of attitude that makes the people-the ones that Cops are supposed to be working for, nervous.

Please. for the sake of harmony all LEOs--look at this and think "how would I feel if I wasn't a Cop and I was hearing this?", or his previous post.
Old 02-21-2013, 21:57   #412
Gills63

Countrygun, my point was that there are lots of items/privileges that aren't legal for everybody but that some people need for their jobs. I'm fine with everyone having higher cap mags. Like it or not LEOs have privileges and are in situations that the average person is generally not. LEOs are just like everybody else until one gets in trouble or messes up.

Old 02-21-2013, 22:05   #413
houseflipper

Quote:
Countrygun, my point was that there are lots of items/privileges that aren't legal for everybody but that some people need for their jobs. I'm fine with everyone having higher cap mags. Like it or not LEOs have privileges and are in situations that the average person is generally not. LEOs are just like everybody else until one gets in trouble or messes up.

Everything you named is not a constitutional right. I see that being the difference in this debate.
Old 02-21-2013, 22:07   #414
maestrogustav

Quote:

This is crap. Plain and simple.

If you are a cop, and you think you deserve to have higher capacity magazines than the people who pay your salary and who will pay your pension; who will be the real first responders; whose bodies you will stand over while you report the crime that killed them--- my friend, you are already on the wrong side.

God help us all if you persist in this belief. Because there will be millions of us who will be looking at you no longer with admiration, as one of us, whom we pay to support our security; instead, we will be wondering how far down your armor goes. And we will remember that we paid for your armor.

Last edited by maestrogustav; 02-21-2013 at 22:10..
Old 02-21-2013, 22:15   #415
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
And I suppose you will swear on a stack of bibles that you would feel exactly the same if you were a civilian, That if you were forbidden to have high caps, but the police could, it wouldn't bother you at all and you would still be mad at the companies who have made this decision?

You wouldn't have any issue with those who enforce a law, limiting Second Amendment rights, being above that law If you were a civilian/citizen/non-LEO that wouldn't bother you?

It wouldn't sound to your ears like a ruling elite was taking rights away from the masses while they bestow them on their employees?

It wouldn't make you wonder who the Police were civil servants or had become something else?

OK then I can understand your position and why you can't understand the citizen/civilian/Non-LEO position.
I started my career as a part time officer under the last AWB, and I wasn't able to buy high cap mags, so yeah, I wouldn't care. But of course you know me better than I do, don't you?

I learned a long time ago that there are certain things that are beyond my control. I do what I can to change the things I can, and put the rest out of my mind.

I worked the same way under that AWB as I have under this restriction, letters, calls and emails. So before you go putting words in my mouth and making downright ridiculous leaps, know what you're talking about.

Last edited by msu_grad_121; 02-21-2013 at 22:18..
Old 02-21-2013, 22:16   #416
houseflipper

Question - If the police on day one stated "We will not enforce any unconstitutional gun laws being debated". Do you think this ban would have happened ?
Old 02-21-2013, 22:18   #417
maestrogustav

My God, we are in deep doodoo. If cops think they are doctors. . . . holy crap.

Please guys, think this through. No one has a constitutional right to perform surgery.

How stupid do you have to be?

If you went through two years of community college criminal justice school, and you think you should be able to have better weapons than the people who pay your salary. . . . . . . . .You should've taken a class in US history.

Please tell us now: If Mayor Bloomberg orders you to bust down the door of a New Yorker who "may" own a firearm that he and Gov Quomo say HE can't have but YOU CAN!!!!!!!-- will you do it? And why should YOU be able to own that firearm, if the people you "protect" can't?

We all know you are not legally obligated to "protect." Your job is to clean up after the bad guy does whatever he wants. How can you guys live with that?

Sorry, I just don't get it.

Last edited by maestrogustav; 02-21-2013 at 22:20..
Old 02-21-2013, 22:23   #418
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrogustav View Post
My God, we are in deep doodoo. If cops think they are doctors. . . . holy crap.

Please guys, think this through. No one has a constitutional right to perform surgery.

How stupid do you have to be?

If you went through two years of community college criminal justice school, and you think you should be able to have better weapons than the people who pay your salary. . . . . . . . .You should've taken a class in US history.

Please tell us now: If Mayor Bloomberg orders you to bust down the door of a New Yorker who "may" own a firearm that he and Gov Quomo say HE can't have but YOU CAN!!!!!!!-- will you do it? And why should YOU be able to own that firearm, if the people you "protect" can't?

We all know you are not legally obligated to "protect." Your job is to clean up after the bad guy does whatever he wants. How can you guys live with that?

Sorry, I just don't get it.

Where do these guys come from?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 02-21-2013, 22:25   #419
maestrogustav

If cops can own it, the people who pay their salary should be able to own it.

If you are the victim of a crime, you are the first responder. No one has a greater right to own any weapon than the victim of a crime.

If a cop is reading this and thinks "I have more training, I have a background check, I have a uniform, it's my job, blah blah blah. . . ." I am telling you, you are WRONG. And you are on the wrong side.

And sadly, people are choosing sides now. Good luck to you all.
Old 02-21-2013, 22:28   #420
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Had a caramel vanilla drumstick ice cream cone tonight. It was good.

Closed Thread