Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 17:09   #21
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ 71 View Post
I guess you missed the part where they were exempt even while off duty. Cops have a crap job dealing with scumbags on a regular basis I get that. I also get its a really dangerous job. But that's what they signed up for. My cousin is a corrections officer. One of my best friends did undercover stuff. They should have the best equipment available. And then we have the local dept where the former chief just got paroled last December and his son an officer in another local dept is in jail for giving out info on a witness who then got his ass beat. Yeah I know there are good cops and bad cops good citizens and bad citizens but comments like you made make it real hard for us lowly ordinary folks to have much sympathy.
I don't Want or need your sympathy just and open mind.. But alas that is too much to ask.

Btw drama much Ii never refer to anyone as lowly do you have a poor self image, this is more about you than us, get some counseling.

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-18-2013 at 17:12..
Old 02-18-2013, 17:09   #22
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Soo you are saying they do not need the same weapons as the criminal to preform their jobs...fascinating....
Where did I say that? The fiream issue goes deeper then what's in the patrol officers holster. I want LEOs to have the best equipment available to perform their duties. I want citizens to have the best equipment to protect themselves from criminals too.

Are you saying the citizens do not need to have the same weapons as criminals to protect themselves?

Its a circular arguement. Its unfortunate LEOs get caught in the middle.

Last edited by JohnnyReb; 02-18-2013 at 17:12..
Old 02-18-2013, 17:15   #23
trdvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Two or three small companies with hardly the stock in LE as they claim pulling a stunt like this is baseless.
Yep, Larue even said that they are going to exempt the .Feds, can't let all those contracts that he doesn't have go to waste
Disclaimer: The opinions given DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. By viewing this post you agree to indemnify myself and my employing agency and hold them harmless from all claims and damages.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:17   #24
cesaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
Why punish the citizens who are not breaking said laws?

The police aren't being "punished", they are being held to the same standard as everyone else.

Why are you attacking the MANUFACTURER, when your real enemies are the legislators.

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:21   #25
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
Where did I say that? The fiream issue goes deeper then what's in the patrol officers holster. I want LEOs to have the best equipment available to perform their duties. I want citizens to have the best equipment to protect themselves from criminals too.

Are you saying the citizens do not need to have the same weapons as criminals to protect themselves?

Its a circular arguement. Its unfortunate LEOs get caught in the middle.
In my state all can have what they want, I would not live or work in a liberal state.

To punish law enforcement officers because of what elected Officials propose is hypocritical and counter productive..

The armed forces work directly for the US government will these companies stop selling to uncle sugar...shall not be infringed seems to be fuzzy when dollars signs are at stake....
Old 02-18-2013, 17:21   #26
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post
Why punish the citizens who are not breaking said laws?

The police aren't being "punished", they are being held to the same standard as everyone else.

Why are you attacking the MANUFACTURER, when your real enemies are the legislators.
Why attack the cops on the street instead of the legislators, who are the real enemies? The firearms companies are trying to use cops as pawns, even the scumbag legislators aren't doing that..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:23   #27
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Yep, Larue even said that they are going to exempt the .Feds, can't let all those contracts that he doesn't have go to waste
My point exactly hypocrite,all the usual suspects point to as a stand up guy move....style over substance ...
Old 02-18-2013, 17:23   #28
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
In my state all can have what they want, I would not live or work in a liberal state.

To punish law enforcement officers because of what elected Officials propose is hypocritical and counter productive..

The armed forces work directly for the US government will these companies stop selling to uncle sugar...shall not be infringed seems to be fuzzy when dollars signs are at stake....
No kidding. I'm in complete agreement.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-18-2013, 17:24   #29
Knute
"Nothin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ 71 View Post
I guess it just matters which side of the badge your on. Being a resident of NY and not a LEO I have an issue with LE getting special dispensation in regards to which laws apply to them. Previously Leo's were exempt from the 10rd mag ban and could have standard cap mags even off duty. Please don't think I'm trying to bash the Cops one of my best friends is a city cop. However if I get caught with more than seven rounds in a magazine who's going to be the person enforcing the laws passed by those playing political games with our freedom? I applaud the manufacturers that are standing up to Coumo and his commie thugs in Albany.
I don't have a CCW. I don't need one. I carry under my sworn authority. My agency even restricts what plain clothes handguns I can carry. I carry off duty all of the time. I do that so I can intervene whenever the need arises. If I act, I will be doing so and acting with the authority of my job. If I do intercede off duty, there is a good chance it will be with my personally owned handgun that my department has authorized.

I suppose that if the general public where I live wants to restrict my off duty movements and what I can and can't use, then I will probably ONLY worry about me and mine. But then again, maybe I won't. Because that is why I volunteered to be one of the guys to hold this position...

As for the companies refusing to sell to agencies or cops, it's all fun and games until someone (cops) suffer from not having adequate equipment. Sorry, but two can play this game. They don't want to sell to cops, no matter what state they may reside, then I can do business somewhere else. I support my brothers and sisters no matter what state they work. Capitalism and consumerism works both ways.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:29   #30
GunHo198

Maybe all those Police Chiefs shouldn't have stood next to the POTUS as he signed all those executive orders in front of the media. By standing behind the anti gun President, they made a political statement.

I hope more companies follow there lead. Magpul has already announced they are moving there plant to another state as 2 more Dems signed on to the mag limit bill. It's a done deal.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by GunHo198; 02-18-2013 at 17:29..
Old 02-18-2013, 17:30   #31
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Do you not think that cops have to deal with the same idiots they arrest on duty while off duty? Do you not think they are at quite a bit more risk for retailiation from these guys? What about states/agencies that REQUIRE officers (by law or policy) to take action, even when "off duty", when certain actions occur in their presence?
The everyday person (non LEO) deal with those same idiots. The only difference is, in the kommie states they are expected to do it unarmed.

Last edited by BobbyS; 02-18-2013 at 17:31.. Reason: ....
Old 02-18-2013, 17:34   #32
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
Maybe all those Police Chiefs shouldn't have stood next to the POTUS as he signed all those executive orders in front of the media. By standing behind the anti gun President, they made a political statement.

I hope more companies follow there lead. Magpul has already announced they are moving there plant to another state as 2 more Dems signed on to the mag limit bill. It's a done deal.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Have I got news for you magpul has made it super easy for LEOs to buy their gear..we have special prices and access since the price gouging started...I hope more companies follow their lead as well.

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-18-2013 at 17:34..
Old 02-18-2013, 17:35   #33
Fiery Red XIII
CLM Number 223
Adorkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
Why attack the cops on the street instead of the legislators, who are the real enemies? The firearms companies are trying to use cops as pawns, even the scumbag legislators aren't doing that..
Because they are agents of the government, enforcing the laws enacted by the legislators? Legislators ALWAYS use cops/FF as pawns...you know that! Anytime they want a tax increase they say if it doesn't happen, LEO/FF/EMS are first in line for cuts!

ETA: I know the cops don't pick the rules...but ist seems to be all state .gov agencies being punished...and it's not really punishment since they can contract elsewhere. Also, some of the companies doing this are doing it to avoid liability...it's happened before. Agents order something from a website in violation of the law...if said item ships there, they go on the offensive...Remember Tommy? lol

Red

Last edited by Fiery Red XIII; 02-18-2013 at 17:38.. Reason: see ETA
Old 02-18-2013, 17:36   #34
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
The everyday person (non LEO) deal with those same idiots. The only difference is, in the kommie states they are expected to do it unarmed.
Really? In just as confronational manner? Daily? With the threat of taking away their freedom and/or livelihood?

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:36   #35
Bello
America/Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
What makes a cop any different then a civilian??? Not trying to start anything just asking a simple question.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:40   #36
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello View Post
What makes a cop any different then a civilian??? Not trying to start anything just asking a simple question.
The expectation to go into harms way every day, and sometimes have it follow you home. Where a civilian may have to deal with some of these idiots from time to time, cops are the ones expected to deal with them all of the time, mostly in a confrontational manner due to the situation.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:40   #37
blueiron

Olympic Arms?

I'd be proud never having to carry or try to use one of their muskets.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:41   #38
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Red XIII View Post
Because they are agents of the government, enforcing the laws enacted by the legislators? Legislators ALWAYS use cops/FF as pawns...you know that! Anytime they want a tax increase they say if it doesn't happen, LEO/FF/EMS are first in line for cuts!

ETA: I know the cops don't pick the rules...but ist seems to be all state .gov agencies being punished...and it's not really punishment since they can contract elsewhere. Also, some of the companies doing this are doing it to avoid liability...it's happened before. Agents order something from a website in violation of the law...if said item ships there, they go on the offensive...Remember Tommy? lol

Red
. I'll be impressed when they cancel the military contracts....
Old 02-18-2013, 17:43   #39
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Olympic Arms?

I'd be proud never having to carry or try to use one of their muskets.
You know, strange how we were thinking the same thing.....

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 17:43   #40
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello View Post
Because when **** is going bad, you don't call ordinary civilians to come as fast as they can to clean it up, you call the cops. Any business that would make an intentional effort to make it more difficult for these officers to equip themselves appropriately just to make a political statement is particularly deplorable, and those cheering them on are essentially happy about the idea of our cops getting ****ed.

I get that many CCWers have made a commitment to act in the face of peril, but police officers have a legal duty to act in the face of peril. They openly put a target on their chest and stand in the fold, the least we can do is ensure they have access to the tools necessary to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.

Closed Thread