Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 16:35   #361
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
In response to your position... flawed and hypocritical as it is.
Flawed and hypocritical? Supporting the Constitution? Guilty as slandered..........

Care to repeat your question? With all the crap you have spewed, I don't recall one being asked.
Old 02-21-2013, 17:13   #362
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I can see the logic here. In New York, the wonderfully intelligent legislators forgot to include an exemption for present and RETIRED police officers. Now, I can't go around shooting tanks, machine guns and AT4's now that I'm retired from the Army, and the civilian rules apply to me now too. I think that should be the same for retired law enforcement. The "Some animals are more equal than others" rules need to go.

Where the logic comes in is when the law enforcement community found out that they would have to suffer the same restrictions as the poor peasants, they rebelled, and the got legislators attention fast. Ding, there's an idea.

So, since they have pull, and many big city police organizations support gun/magazine/ammo control, they should get some too. I personally support magazine manufacturers not selling to any government employee or entity in a state with magazine restrictions, any magazine that does not comply. I support firearms manufacturers not selling to any government employee or entity in a state with an assault weapons ban, any weapon that might be considered an assault weapon in that state. I support ammunition manufacturers not selling to any government employee or entity within a state any ammunition (JHP, Other expanding etc.) that is not legally ownable by the citizens in that state.

Those manufacturers should cancel all current orders for any government employee or entity within those states and offer the civilians one of three options.

1. Complete the order with shipping to an alternate out of state address.
2. Cancel the order at no charge.
3. Hold the order for 6 months upon request of the customer while they relocate their home to a 2nd Amendment Friendly state.

Honestly, if all I need is Joe Biden's double barrel shotgun, then that's all the police need too.

If the police and other government employees and entities believe this is unbearable, maybe they will get off their backsides and start lobbying for the regular citizens too. If not, there are plenty of double barrel shotguns still available on gunbroker.com.

For full disclosure, I am a government employee. Of course I live in Texas......

Cop Talk
This is all that need be said. End of thread

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Old 02-21-2013, 17:13   #363
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Some folks have a hard time remembering how, during the "Assault Weapons Band era" "The police" came to the defense of the rights of citizens to have the same high capacity magazines that they, the cops had, marked "LE only"

Perhaps someone could reassure the non-leo's here by showing the efforts of the Law Enforcement agencies to restore the right to the common citizens.

I am sure once the non-cops see that law enforcement officers were campaigning against that ban and how they played such great part in allowing it to "sunset" the fears of the Citizens/Civilians/Non-LEOs will be put to rest. They just need to be shown that it doesn't have to "hurt" LEOs individually before they stand up for the rights of other gun owners.

Should be easy to look up the evidence from the AWB era to reassure the crowd.

Just because that deserves to be on the "active page" until it gets a response.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-21-2013 at 17:23..
Old 02-21-2013, 17:19   #364
countrygun

Quote:

Hey, I tried to correct the typos but I got a "Server busy" message. That is embarrassing as it is.
Old 02-21-2013, 17:24   #365
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Hey, I tried to correct the typos but I got a "Server busy" message. That is embarrassing as it is.
New and improved version in use now.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-21-2013, 17:25   #366
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootalot523 View Post
By the time police arrive to a violent crime, it's typically too late (not there fault) just not enough police to cover many cities and rural areas. That is why we shouldn't be limited to 7 round mags and not be able to own other weapons that we could use god forbid we are in a violent situation.
I really don't thing you're going to find a cop on here that disagrees with you.

I don't know of a single cop where I work who supports such of ban, and I work at a large municipal Police Department.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 02-21-2013, 17:33   #367
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
I really don't thing you're going to find a cop on here that disagrees with you.

I don't know of a single cop where I work who supports such of ban, and I work at a large municipal Police Department.

....in Texas.

So let companies impose the same restrictions on all customers from restrictive states. All animals are created equal.....

I've started adding gun and ammunition manufacturers to my daily email campaign. Join us. You'll be welcomed.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-21-2013 at 17:35..
Old 02-21-2013, 17:49   #368
Cav

Big cities runs states. Big states/money/mouths run the country.

Police Admin are a driving force for any big city. The push for law changes.

They want gun control, they get it.

As a citizen and as an officer you do a few things. Gripe about it like a baby, or stand up and band together with fellow officers and let your voice be heard loud and clear.

See liberals are good at this and as a minority get a lot of change done.

Be quite about it and you might as well learn to deal with laws and rules as they get put out to you.
Old 02-21-2013, 17:50   #369
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:

I used to have a copy of a poll from the early 2000's that showed rank and file cops having an OVERWHELMING opposition to the AWB ban and mag restrictions.

I wish I had it to show you now. I found this for you instead.

http://www.guncite.com/aswpolice.html

http://m.policemag.com/blogpost/1391...ult-weapon-ban

http://m.myfoxal.com/autojuice?targe...an-weapons-ban

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/04/fo...t-weapons-ban/

http://www.mintpress.net/opposition-...w-enforcement/

The Internet wasn't such a big thing back in the early '90's, and social media was nonexistent, so it's kinda hard to dig up what's being asked for.

There are plenty of cops making noise now. You just have to be willing to pay attention.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 02-21-2013 at 17:54..
Old 02-21-2013, 17:52   #370
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
....in Texas.

So let companies impose the same restrictions on all customers from restrictive states. All animals are created equal.....

I've started adding gun and ammunition manufacturers to my daily email campaign. Join us. You'll be welcomed.
So, you would coincide that you can't group all segments of a certain group into one lump?

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

Old 02-21-2013, 17:58   #371
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
So, you would coincide that you can't group all segments of a certain group into one lump?

Any chance you could restate that thought in a coherent way?

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-21-2013, 17:59   #372
RussP

Quote:
I can see the logic here. In New York, the wonderfully intelligent legislators forgot to include an exemption for present and RETIRED police officers. Now, I can't go around shooting tanks, machine guns and AT4's now that I'm retired from the Army, and the civilian rules apply to me now too. I think that should be the same for retired law enforcement. The "Some animals are more equal than others" rules need to go.
So you see no difference in the risk factors for retired military and retired law enforcement?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-21-2013, 18:05   #373
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Any chance you could restate that thought in a coherent way?

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
You quoted me, after I mentioned how I don't know any cops who support a ban, and pointed out that I'm in Texas.

That leads me to assume you view cops from different parts of the country differently.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

Old 02-21-2013, 18:15   #374
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
So you see no difference in the risk factors for retired military and retired law enforcement?
All due respect here, how many cases are documented of someone from a retired officer's past confronting attempting to kill said retired officer? In how many of those cases would the capacity of the retired officer's firearm have been a factor?

I am just trying to politely ask the questions that some may not ask so politely, but that many are curious about so we can get realistic answers.
Old 02-21-2013, 18:16   #375
dbarry

Quote:
I used to have a copy of a poll from the early 2000's that showed rank and file cops having an OVERWHELMING opposition to the AWB ban and mag restrictions.

I wish I had it to show you now. I found this for you instead.
Some material from some right thinking sheriffs in the buckeye state:
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8781
Old 02-21-2013, 18:17   #376
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Nope. Really I don't.

I have been face to face with dozens of real AQ terrorists that have threatened to kill me and my family. This is not a movie script for me. I laid my hands on those guys. I may have fought with one or more of them when they got froggy. I've had nutjob crazy soldiers x 2 threaten me and my family.

Today, I am just a regular civilian. I am a retired commissioned officer that was a non-commissioned officer for almost 10 years , and get no special treatment. I don't see any need to give retired LEO any special privileges over those that I currently get. I don't see any need to give me any special consideration beyond what a sane normal citizen gets.

I am very pro-LEO. I am very anti-criminal. I am very pro-me.

Law abiding citizens deserve to have the same tools as any "special" section of society.

All animals are created equal. That sentiment should not be amended with "some animals are more equal than others".

--Gunhaver

Old 02-21-2013, 18:23   #377
dbarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1305 View Post
It is my understanding many cops in NY support the weapons bans. Larue and Olympia are making political statements.
The no guns sign at my local bank (where I closed all my accounts and moved them to a bank that doesn't have the no guns sign) is a political statement too. Unless one believes the owner of said bank really believes that will keep the bad guys out... :O)
Old 02-21-2013, 18:24   #378
Gills63

So Calvary Doc using your logic I will state that anyone who lives in a country with an AWB/ isn't second amendment friendly, should not have access to restricted items. I'm sure most LEOs are flattered that you believe they have the power to create and shape laws. I will use my direct line to the Governor and state senate to tell them how its going to be.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 02-21-2013, 18:33   #379
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

No such legislation has been proposed in my state either thankfully. However I have still written to my legislators AND ones in other states where it has been proposed, identifying myself as a police officer (not that they care) and expressing the need for EVERYONE (sorry to be so "elitist") to be able to defend themselves with an appropriate tool for the job, of their own choosing. I only mention my LE affiliation in the hopes that they will understand that the talking heads on CNN don't represent all of LE and that we respect everyone's (damn elitism again!) 2ndA rights.

The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
Old 02-21-2013, 18:35   #380
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Just remember, you all are playing a dangerous game with the lives of cops and non cops alike in the hopes it'll get the attention of the legislators. What if it doesn't? What if the legislators don't give a damn? They've already shown they don't care what the public thinks, why would they care any more about a small subset (the cops). Now all of a sudden it's 10 years from now and only the bad guys have high cap mags?

Will it have been worth it then? Cops showing up to active shooters with 7 rounds in their handgun and no long gun, just so we could try and send a message to some elected mooks who don't hear it?

Again, a dangerous game is being played, and many of you are ignorantly ok with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.

Closed Thread