Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2013, 18:56   #1
reghogs

Taurus 24/7

Anybody know anything about the Taurus 24/7 Gen2.
reghogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 22:41   #2
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Yes.

Save your money up until you can afford a real gun.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:07   #3
ca survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Yes.

Save your money up until you can afford a real gun.

agree....
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46   #4
CBennett

They are ok nothing great but ok. Id still take a PT92/99 over them for a full size 9mm though. but the newer ones are ok. Id not get a used one though.
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:59   #5
Joshhtn
Rastaman!

I had a Gen 1 24/7 Pro in .45 several years back... Couldn't get through a mag without a couple issues. Sold it and never looked back.

My brother bought a Gen 2 24/7 Pro in .45... Couldn't get through a mag without a couple issues. Sold it and never looked back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Dude, you are ****ing banned.
Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15   #6
countrygun

My wife and I have had good luck with our 6 Taurus pistols, I have a 24/7 pro c ds. That is the compact 10 shot .45 It has never given me bit of trouble and I've carried it and shot it quite a bit but it doesn't get much carry time now because, well 10rds of .45 is a brick on the belt, plus a spare mag.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:47   #7
USMC03Grunt

I can't speak for the Gen 2 pistols but I got a 24/7 OSS in .45 ACP that has been flawless. The trigger takes some getting used to but it's plenty accurate and 100% reliable.
USMC03Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:51   #8
VBVAGUY

I have a Taurus 24/7 G2 45 compact and it has been flawless. I like the size and it holds 10+1 of 45's. I hope this helps. God Bless
VBVAGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 18:30   #9
chewybaca67

Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
The 24/7 I got for my girlfriend (She really liked her 357 7 shooter) has been a gem. I don't have experience with anything other than Taurus 357/38 spec and 9mm. But I can tell they have never had any issues, other than heavy trigger springs in their revolvers....which I more than adequately addressed with a lighter hammer spring and clipping a coil or 2 off of the hammer return spring so there are no light primer strikes. Oh yeah, and my Model 94 22 revolver has been awesome with the trigger job. The 24/4 mags are expensive compared to Glock mags. Got all mine years before the buying panics.
I've had 5 PT 99s since the early 90s while in college. Sure, Beretta's were/are all the shnizhet, but I simply preferred the safety on the frame and having the option of carrying cocked and locked when that became available. Why did I go through so many? Simply to fund another gun buy, wanted the cocked and locked option when it became available, want a version with a rail (not many with that option back in the day). My brother still has my 1st PT-99 (adjustable sights) and when together we still shot the snot out of it.
My girlfriend's 24/7 9mm pro, it has about an even 1000 of my home loads (cast, FMJ, +p, etc. loads) through with out any issues with mixed brass. Accurate, easy trigger if you ain't a whiny panzy that can't adapt to room temperature changes (we are, after all, the most adaptable creatures on the planet). Don't take any run of the mill cleaning/degreaser solvent to it through. Use the one specially made for polymer guns. Anyway, "I heard on the internet".....or was it "the gun store" that most Taurus issues are with 40 S&W and 45 ACP but some one else will have to chime in.
Old 04-02-2013, 18:36   #10
yellolab
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by reghogs View Post
Anybody know anything about the Taurus 24/7 Gen2.
Friends don't buy friends a Taurus.

Seriously.

Kevin
yellolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 18:41   #11
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewybaca67 View Post
The 24/7 I got for my girlfriend (She really liked her 357 7 shooter) has been a gem. I don't have experience with anything other than Taurus 357/38 spec and 9mm. But I can tell they have never had any issues, other than heavy trigger springs in their revolvers....which I more than adequately addressed with a lighter hammer spring and clipping a coil or 2 off of the hammer return spring so there are no light primer strikes. Oh yeah, and my Model 94 22 revolver has been awesome with the trigger job. The 24/4 mags are expensive compared to Glock mags. Got all mine years before the buying panics.
I've had 5 PT 99s since the early 90s while in college. Sure, Beretta's were/are all the shnizhet, but I simply preferred the safety on the frame and having the option of carrying cocked and locked when that became available. Why did I go through so many? Simply to fund another gun buy, wanted the cocked and locked option when it became available, want a version with a rail (not many with that option back in the day). My brother still has my 1st PT-99 (adjustable sights) and when together we still shot the snot out of it.
My girlfriend's 24/7 9mm pro, it has about an even 1000 of my home loads (cast, FMJ, +p, etc. loads) through with out any issues with mixed brass. Accurate, easy trigger if you ain't a whiny panzy that can't adapt to room temperature changes (we are, after all, the most adaptable creatures on the planet). Don't take any run of the mill cleaning/degreaser solvent to it through. Use the one specially made for polymer guns. Anyway, "I heard on the internet".....or was it "the gun store" that most Taurus issues are with 40 S&W and 45 ACP but some one else will have to chime in.
I agree. My experience with several Taurus models has been positive. And your reasons for preferring the Taurus to the Beretta are exactly mine as well.

I have a 24/7 pro C DS in .45. It is just fine with me. It also has a similar safety system that gives welcome options.
Old 04-02-2013, 20:00   #12
bac1023

The 24/7 does fit my hand well and I feel it has good ergonomics. However, I'm just not big on most polymer pistols.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 20:16   #13
SGT HATRED

My old roommate had a gen 1 24/7 in 9mm. We put at least 2000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. I have actually been looking for a 24/7 oss tactical for a decent price but haven't been able to find one locally.
Old 04-02-2013, 22:15   #14
chewybaca67

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I agree. My experience with several Taurus models has been positive. And your reasons for preferring the Taurus to the Beretta are exactly mine as well.

I have a 24/7 pro C DS in .45. It is just fine with me. It also has a similar safety system that gives welcome options.
I had a Beretta Vertec that was an awesome pistol. But needed some cash and accepted that I had a preference for cocked and locked, frame mounted safety. I'm gonna Dura coat my PT-92 in Dark Earth soon. That'll be sweet.
Old 04-02-2013, 22:24   #15
countrygun

Quote:
I had a Beretta Vertec that was an awesome pistol. But needed some cash and accepted that I had a preference for cocked and locked, frame mounted safety. I'm gonna Dura coat my PT-92 in Dark Earth soon. That'll be sweet.
OHHH, I like the idea.

"Ours" is a 92 AFS that the wife talked me into because it was "Shiny" so that option is out for me. I have far too many other DA 9mms that I like to justify another 92....

unless one comes along "too cheap to pass up"
Old 04-02-2013, 22:39   #16
chewybaca67

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
OHHH, I like the idea.

"Ours" is a 92 AFS that the wife talked me into because it was "Shiny" so that option is out for me. I have far too many other DA 9mms that I like to justify another 92....

unless one comes along "too cheap to pass up"
There used to be plenty out there. I'd snatch up another PT-92 as well just cuz I got lots of mags for it.
Old 04-02-2013, 22:49   #17
countrygun

Quote:
There used to be plenty out there. I'd snatch up another PT-92 as well just cuz I got lots of mags for it.
Well considering the Star I just got I'm officially up to my ears in 9mms. I didn't even have one 15 years ago when I got my first HighPower. 9mm ammo didn't even start to impress me until then.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:34   #18
CBennett

Decent gun. Shot one once decent shooter. I dont own one but the guy that has it even took it to one of the local Self defense courses. Of course he got laughed at cause it was not a Glock or M&P or Springfield but in the end laugh was on them as the gun ran 100% didnt miss a beat. But thats the only one I know of around here so not a giant sample.
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote