SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2013, 00:52   #151
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
Get over it! Slaves were treated better in the South than anyplace else in history.
That's like saying you're a very gentle rapist. It doesn't matter--you're still a rapist.
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:53   #152
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
HH, what is it that I don't get? Prove my statement wrong. Slavery worked for centuries across the world for tens of centuries. Not pretty. Not nice. BUT!!!~ Essential for tens of centuries for every culture on earth!! Sorry AS hell! Get over it! Slaves were treated better in the South than anyplace else in history. PROVE TO ME WHERE IT WAS BETTER for any slaves anywhere! EVER! Just prove that and drop all the moral crap that it was eeeevile! Stop blaming the Confederacy for it, and giving every other society and country in the world a pass including Africa and the sainted north as a whole. They were and still are better off than in Africa. They (blacks) are to this day better off here than in ANY part of the world! In every way, shape, matter, and form! G.T.H.O.I.!

It was essential. It worked. Tens of millions are living in freedom today because of it. Hundreds of millions before them lived in more freedom than they would have known anywhere else on the face of the globe. IT WORKED, and it cost this nation well over one half million lives for Lincoln to force it to end before its time. Its forced ending has cost tens of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars since and Lincoln and his band of cutthroat murders are hailed as saviours. Plus 150 years of racial trouble.

And you are still not happy!

Gray_Rider

This is just misdirection or as I like to call it, the old, "Of all the turds in the world, this one stinks the least" argument. It still stinks and it's the one we in the U.S. relate to the most so it's the one we talk about the most. Not talking as much about other societies doing the same thing is not giving them a pass. It's simply giving more airtime to our history than others which is to be expected anywhere.

It's no different than claiming that U.S. atheists love Muslims because they complain about Christians more. We just get way more exposure to Christians.

And how was slavery ever "essential"? That's a new one on me. At no point or place in history could the slave drivers not have gotten off their asses and done the work they so desired themselves. They all chose to force someone else to do it.

It's funny to me that the South is now generally regarded as having a better work ethic than the north yet back then they were the ones so adamant that they needed to be able to force others to work for them in order to get by.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:34   #153
Kurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
That's like saying you're a very gentle rapist. It doesn't matter--you're still a rapist.
Please understand my next question from this perspective -- I in no way condone forcing an unwilling adult to do anything. Consensual agreement is paramount in any type of transaction.

But that said, how do you explain that women like to be "taken" in the bedroom....that many have rape "fantasies" and role play with their boyfriends/husbands in that manner as well?

P.S. Take a look at this video from a woman who discounts the double-standard of rape as claimed by women. Using empirical research and cites several studies. It takes a little while for her to get to this point but it's an interesting listen.

Last edited by Kurly; 02-21-2013 at 05:08..
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:42   #154
Kurly

Quote:
You're conflating lots of different things, and jumping all over the place a bit.

My wife married me knowing that I was paying a sizeable portion of my income in child support, and that I would be doing so for the next dozen or so years. She's proud of me for taking care of my kids.

There's a difference between noticing a beautiful woman and acting like a pig.
It sounds like you married a RGW and for that, I'm happy for you. But it sounds like from others on here, countless stories I've read and from my perspective, you're an exception. What I'm trying to illustrate is the double-standard many women show via feminism or entitlement.

Can I dare ask the income disparity between you two? Where you are on the 'attractiveness schedule' compared to her?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03   #155
Desmond82

Quote:
HH, what is it that I don't get? Prove my statement wrong. Slavery worked for centuries across the world for tens of centuries. Not pretty. Not nice. BUT!!!~ Essential for tens of centuries for every culture on earth!! Sorry AS hell! Get over it! Slaves were treated better in the South than anyplace else in history. PROVE TO ME WHERE IT WAS BETTER for any slaves anywhere! EVER! Just prove that and drop all the moral crap that it was eeeevile! Stop blaming the Confederacy for it, and giving every other society and country in the world a pass including Africa and the sainted north as a whole. They were and still are better off than in Africa. They (blacks) are to this day better off here than in ANY part of the world! In every way, shape, matter, and form! G.T.H.O.I.!

It was essential. It worked. Tens of millions are living in freedom today because of it. Hundreds of millions before them lived in more freedom than they would have known anywhere else on the face of the globe. IT WORKED, and it cost this nation well over one half million lives for Lincoln to force it to end before its time. Its forced ending has cost tens of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars since and Lincoln and his band of cutthroat murders are hailed as saviours. Plus 150 years of racial trouble.

And you are still not happy!

Gray_Rider
You should be sterilized for stupidity.
Desmond82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35   #156
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
But that said, how do you explain that women like to be "taken" in the bedroom....that many have rape "fantasies" and role play with their boyfriends/husbands in that manner as well?
...? What's to "explain"?

There are people who like to role-play as giant furry critters and pirates and adult babies. There are women who enjoy rape fantasies and men who enjoy getting tied up and whipped. Some people are into weird stuff.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43   #157
jeager

woman should have her own home, comparable job, plenty female friends, married or widowed parents, and none or trouble-free kids, civil rel w/ ex husband before i'd consider her.

Last edited by jeager; 02-21-2013 at 08:44..
jeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14   #158
TangoUniform

kurly --

google 'MGTOW' (and ignore all the hits about max gross take off weight)

you're welcome in advance.

Last edited by TangoUniform; 02-21-2013 at 10:15..
TangoUniform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04   #159
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Please understand my next question from this perspective -- I in no way condone forcing an unwilling adult to do anything. Consensual agreement is paramount in any type of transaction.

Dude... Do you not understand the difference between fantasy and reality? Do you think that woman who likes to act out that fetish in the bedroom with her partner deserves or would even remotely like the real thing?
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57   #160
Kurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
kurly --

google 'MGTOW' (and ignore all the hits about max gross take off weight)

you're welcome in advance.
Yep, I've been to their website. And believe that's where men need to be if they want to even have a chance at meeting a RGW in the future.

Very similar to No More Mr. Nice Guy aspects, although there is more misogyny at MGTOW.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00   #161
Kurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Dude... Do you not understand the difference between fantasy and reality? Do you think that woman who likes to act out that fetish in the bedroom with her partner deserves or would even remotely like the real thing?
Sure I do...dude. But it's not simply a fetish that women have. If you're into feet, spanking, women crushing insects, etc. -- THAT'S a fetish. Not all are into that.

But being dominated and taken sexually? Almost all women agree with that. And that being said, your point is??

MY point is that while women abhor rape (and rightfully so), almost ALL (indeed I would say ALL) women want to be taken against their will with a trusting partner.

Maybe too complex of an issue to understand for some.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:07   #162
devildog2067

Quote:
MY point is that while women abhor rape (and rightfully so), almost ALL (indeed I would say ALL) women want to be taken against their will with a trusting partner.
Uhh... I think you're going to need to provide some evidence to back up that claim.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15   #163
ronin_the_great

Quote:

replace "against their will" with "controlled of" and I would agree. Your not getting a woman onboard with anything if it's against their will

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
ronin_the_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44   #164
maxmanta

Have had my share or LTR's, but I just never wanted to get married. I like my freedom. I'm a tiger out there.

Besides, I'm kinda' unloveable.
maxmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:05   #165
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Sure I do...dude. But it's not simply a fetish that women have. If you're into feet, spanking, women crushing insects, etc. -- THAT'S a fetish. Not all are into that.

But being dominated and taken sexually? Almost all women agree with that. And that being said, your point is??

Almost all women like that? How were you able to speak to almost all women?

Interesting how you draw your own data points from anecdotal evidence, IE your own life experiences.

Last edited by OctoberRust; 02-21-2013 at 13:06..
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 14:05   #166
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

You fail to actually understand the complexity of this issue. You also can, in no way, back up your claims.

Yes, many women, (many people) fantasize about many things. What YOU fail to understand is those fantasies are constructed in rather meticulous ways. Most "rape" fantasies involve a very particular person or type of person. Not just "I fantasize about being raped." The fact that now you have moderated to "trusting partner" shows your statement was out of line and you have either finally learned something or never should have made your first statments.

Your broad reaching and lack of understanding of many of the details of this issue has lead you to draw some faulty conclusions. The proverbial 42. Bad info in = bad info out.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 14:35   #167
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

I just got confirmation from 2 women that you have no idea what you're talking about. That blows your "ALL women" theory apart. What are the odds that I found the only 2?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 14:47   #168
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I just got confirmation from 2 women that you have no idea what you're talking about. That blows your "ALL women" theory apart. What are the odds that I found the only 2?
About 8.6 x 10^-20, assuming a global population of 7 billion. You're about a trillion times more likely to be hit by lightning.
Old 02-21-2013, 15:24   #169
powder86
SHOOT SAFE!

Happily married for almost 5 years now. Have 1 beautiful daughter, and a son on the way. My wife is my best friend and shooting partner. Choose well, live well. I chose well. It requires real effort for both of us, but my family is my joy.
We share morals, goals, views on how to raise our children, views on budgeting and living within our means, and we want to honor the promises we've made to each other. Oh and forgiveness is important for us. We know that we don't have to be perfect, but we'll still be loved.
Having been single, married with no kids, and married with kids, the latter is the best. It's the most fun and the happiest I've ever been.
If you can marry the right person, marriage makes life a breeze. (In my experience.)
Old 02-21-2013, 16:07   #170
Kurly

Quote:
Uhh... I think you're going to need to provide some evidence to back up that claim.
Oh come on...you really aren't that p**sywhipped, are you? Go read Madem Claire or something. Go read Cosmos, Mademoiselle or do a google search on it.

So are you really trying to say that women don't respect and are attracted to men with power? That women enjoy surrendering in the bedroom? I'm not going to provide any evidence for you. That's like me saying, "Yeah, I'm gonna need some type of evidence that men want sex"....

Good grief.
Old 02-21-2013, 16:09   #171
Kurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin_the_great View Post
replace "against their will" with "controlled of" and I would agree. Your not getting a woman onboard with anything if it's against their will

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Absolutely. Women will only 'surrender' themselves to someone they trust (and hopefully love).
Old 02-21-2013, 16:12   #172
Kurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You fail to actually understand the complexity of this issue. You also can, in no way, back up your claims.

Yes, many women, (many people) fantasize about many things. What YOU fail to understand is those fantasies are constructed in rather meticulous ways. Most "rape" fantasies involve a very particular person or type of person. Not just "I fantasize about being raped." The fact that now you have moderated to "trusting partner" shows your statement was out of line and you have either finally learned something or never should have made your first statments.

Your broad reaching and lack of understanding of many of the details of this issue has lead you to draw some faulty conclusions. The proverbial 42. Bad info in = bad info out.
I'm making an assumption that this situation is with a man whom they TRUST. Rape is not.

But surrendering in the bedroom if something completely different. To a man they trust and love....
Old 02-21-2013, 16:15   #173
Kurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post

Black and white thinking bub. Someone made the statement that women don't want to be raped (which I never said they did). I DID say that women want to be 'taken' and have rape fantasies but that's under the precursor that the man they're surrendering to is someone they trust.

We were talking about fantasies and that rape is one that many women have. But only in the context of a relationship in which they trust the person they're with.

Is this REALLY that difficult to understand? I guess for some betas, it is.
Old 02-21-2013, 16:17   #174
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Oh come on...you really aren't that p**sywhipped, are you? Go read Madem Claire or something. Go read Cosmos, Mademoiselle or do a google search on it.

So are you really trying to say that women don't respect and are attracted to men with power? That women enjoy surrendering in the bedroom? I'm not going to provide any evidence for you. That's like me saying, "Yeah, I'm gonna need some type of evidence that men want sex"....

Good grief.
Seriously, you equate female sexual fantasy to women "enjoying or secretly wished for" being rape?

Hey, let's do an experiment, why don't you bring a rapist in your house so that he can do what he does best to your female loved ones, then you can ask them if they "secretly enjoyed" it behind the bedroom door.
Old 02-21-2013, 16:17   #175
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
I'm making an assumption that this situation is with a man whom they TRUST. Rape is not.

But surrendering in the bedroom if something completely different. To a man they trust and love....
Listen, you jumped on the "rape" wagon to prove some silly point about what women like to do in very controlled situations....but somehow have that be a point about "rape."

No.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote