GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 15:25   #251
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter
 
Green_Manelishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: On the edge but not quite over ...
Posts: 6,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Anthropologists speculate that most relationships end at four years as endorphins wear off because when we were evolving it took approx. that period of time for a child to become bipedal in order to escape predators ...,
What crap. Anthropologists "speculate"?

No 4YO can outrun even the slowest predator. It's always a win for lions, tigers and bears: OH MY !!

Last edited by Green_Manelishi; 02-25-2013 at 15:27..
Green_Manelishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 16:00   #252
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Child support imposed on the father only goes up over time.
I'm paying over $3000 a month right now, and I get to see my kids three or four times a year.

We divorced when they were 8 and 10. And, it's not even tax deductible.

But, they were the only good thing that came out of my marriage and they are worth every penny.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 17:59   #253
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I am a physicist who did his graduate work in math. I didnt give up anything to be anything. I have several patents in the aerospace field and I have worked as a venture capitalist, starting and investing in business, most of my adult life. Among many other things I do work part time as a street cop. I also know a number of people here in real life and they know my story. You are late to this party, and that is OK, there is no expectation that you would know such things but it doest make sense for you to use that as a point when you have no clue. Devildog is also a (much better educated that I), physicist who is very well vetted for his graduate work on the LHC at CERN which earned him his PhD from a very prestigious school.

Listen, I am going to try another approach because you are not getting it. No picking or being a prick...just listen because you have missed it. It isnt everyone else, it is you.

Devildog brought up rape. Real rape. He brought it up as hyperbole in the form of a parable.

You used that as a segway to go off on a tangent about womens rape fantasies.

The two are unrelated. You have not been called out because of any flaw in your point(that is another topic). You have been called out because making your point in this thread makes no sense. I.E. "your point is stupid...."


You have not been able to understand this. No one changed or backtracked. Your thoughts and *facts* are not being challenged.

Go back and read it. You did not only fail to understand everyone elses point....but everytime it was explained to you, you started fighting the wrong fight.

You have a chance here to hit the reset button and see where you went off the tracks. Please do so.
Thank you for clarifying, as I wasn't aware of your prior profession, etc. As you may know, many folks choose (under the guise of anonymity) assume a role larger than the real life they exist in.

I would continue to maintain that Devildog made an absurd analogy. You may call it hyperbole as it relates to a parable, but I'd say that it had nothing to do with slavery or the topic at hand. Yet somehow that was dismissed.

I then led with that to point out the hypocrisy of women having rape fantasies in a trusting relationship (which ironically many who have commented on this forget to mention this distinction and apparently never read the articles I linked that show 'rape fantasies' are a common fantasy among women (the third most common fantasy)).

It seems that instead of discussing the issue that was first brought up and further evidence supported by, we're down in the weeds of attacking one's perspective of what WE think it should be (that includes myself too).

You say my comment on rape fantasies is wrong, yet I support it with multiple pages of evidence to show it exists with women. Yet you have no problem with Devildog posting a comment that had little to do with the subject at hand and caused the discussion to go off course.

No need to respond. Probably stupid to have posted this on GT anyway.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 18:02   #254
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxterriermom View Post
Kurly, you got owned by both Rabbi and Devil Dog and somehow are too thick to even recognize it. And by the way, they are right.

And for your information, I am a 52 year old woman that has enjoyed a very healthy sex life and never once have I ever entertained a rape fantasy nor do I know any other woman who has openly admitted to having one. My girlfriends and I talk very openly talk about sexual matters and I can tell you everyone of them would have the same repulsive reaction that I have. No self-respecting woman wants to be taken against her will.

And yes, you DID indicate that most women fantazied about being raped and then later tried to back pedal and qualify your statement. If you honestly believe this, you have a terribly distorted view of woman. The things you have said in this thread disgust me.
I can see that you didn't bother to read any of the studies I linked previously by psychologists that prove you wrong....but then, this IS Glocktalk where no one reads prior posts, but simply jumps to conclusions. So, let me do the hard work for you and post the link again:

Click to View Search Results for http://www.google.com/search?q=women+rape+fantasies&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS465US465&oq=women+rape+fantasies&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 http://www.google.com/search?q=women+rape+fantasies&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS465US465&oq=women+rape+fantasies&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 22:00   #255
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,119


There's nothing more entertaining than a divorced guy. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 22:01   #256
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,923


Kurly....you still dont get it. You still, after every angle has been tried, are unable to understand what I said.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 00:03   #257
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post

I would continue to maintain that Devildog made an absurd analogy. You may call it hyperbole as it relates to a parable, but I'd say that it had nothing to do with slavery or the topic at hand. Yet somehow that was dismissed.
It was an just an analogy and a pretty accurate one at that. A rapist means to enslave his victim for the duration of the crime and even decides if he want's to set her free when he's done with her. Can you come up with a better comparison.

As you said in your comment that kicked this whole thing off, get over it.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:19   #258
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Manelishi View Post
What crap. Anthropologists "speculate"?

No 4YO can outrun even the slowest predator. It's always a win for lions, tigers and bears: OH MY !!

Eaxctly why there were no fat or stupid kids who ran & climbed slowly.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:23.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,206
378 Members
828 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42