GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2013, 21:05   #21
Tom D

Never thought Memphis would be such a "diverse" city. Sure enjoyed some great collards and ham hocks and bbq that was as good as any you'll find anywhere is the understatement of the year.

The traffic for a truck driver would make you curse your mother for given you birth. I think they patch the pot holes with sticks of dymonite

That will change after a good "roostering".

Last edited by Tom D; 02-28-2013 at 21:07..
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 21:14   #22
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel r View Post
need a meet and shoot weekend sometime in the summer.
Fellowship noise and putting holes in paper!
And yes East Tn is an option
Dan
Were right in the middle of the state and have a great range about 5 miles out of town, a couple of B&B's. I know the guy that owns the range and he'd let us reserve the place for a day or two charges normally $5.00/per person for all day. 15 bench rests out to 300yds coverd. 8 handgun 20 ydsc (I think)and covered, shotgun patterning and clays if you bring your own thrower.
Woodbury is a fine town.

Last edited by Tom D; 02-28-2013 at 21:14..
Old 03-01-2013, 07:42   #23
Larry_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
The traffic for a truck driver would make you curse your mother for given you birth. I think they patch the pot holes with sticks of dymonite
You're not far from the truth. The local "road crews" fix pot holes during the day without even closing down lanes on the interstate. Dudes run out into the interstate with shovels and throw steaming asphalt into the potholes, I've almost hit some of them before! They rely on the traffic to run over the asphalt and level out the holes.
Larry_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:01   #24
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Gotta love Middle TN!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00   #25
Akita
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_K View Post
You're not far from the truth. The local "road crews" fix pot holes during the day without even closing down lanes on the interstate. Dudes run out into the interstate with shovels and throw steaming asphalt into the potholes, I've almost hit some of them before! They rely on the traffic to run over the asphalt and level out the holes.
I cant decide if thats more funny or absurd!
But I believe every word of it.
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15   #26
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Never thought Memphis would be such a "diverse" city. Sure enjoyed some great collards and ham hocks and bbq that was as good as any you'll find anywhere is the understatement of the year.

Actually there are two pothole crews. One crew makes them, the other crew fills them. Unfortunately they lost federal stimulus money and had to lay off the crew that fills potholes.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25   #27
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akita View Post
I cant decide if thats more funny or absurd!
But I believe every word of it.
Yep thats Memphis

Old 03-01-2013, 09:26   #28
w4dov

Quote:
Is it possible to get some enthusiasm?
I am proud to be in Tn, and proud to own arms.
Dan
I live in Alabama but have always wanted to move to TN. It wouldn't take much for me to pack up all my goodies and move up there someday.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25   #29
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4dov View Post
I live in Alabama but have always wanted to move to TN. It wouldn't take much for me to pack up all my goodies and move up there someday.
Unless things were to change drastically I think Tn is about as tempered as most states, flexible, and like anywhere politically "what can I say or do to get me re-elected", great hunting, fishing, parks, night life, cost of living, NO STATE INCOME TAX, employment opportunities. I don't anyone who says "Im outta here". The housing prices range greatly and no more expensive than anywhere esle. There are bargains here if you dig a little.

Old 03-01-2013, 18:19   #30
Daniel r

Woodbury isn't too far from me, i was half way there today, had to go to Hickory Hood mall for a security system dog and pony show
Dan
Daniel r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 20:18   #31
Akita
gone

Remember that we do have a state income tax on interest and dividends, the Hall Tax. Doesnt affect most folks, but everyone needs to be aware of it.

There has been some hope lately of it being repealed.....but I aint holdin my breath.
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:13   #32
Tom D

Quote:
Woodbury isn't too far from me, i was half way there today, had to go to Hickory Hood mall for a security system dog and pony show
Dan
hope you were packin

Old 03-02-2013, 10:15   #33
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akita View Post
Remember that we do have a state income tax on interest and dividends, the Hall Tax. Doesnt affect most folks, but everyone needs to be aware of it.

There has been some hope lately of it being repealed.....but I aint holdin my breath.
I sure wasn't aware, thanks for that info

Old 03-02-2013, 14:43   #34
Daniel r

Almost enough for Antioch
Old 03-02-2013, 16:56   #35
Tom D

does anyone know of a place that has bowling pin shoots around the middle of the state? I'm going to try to arrange some matches at the range near here. .....if I can find some bowling pins which are not so easy to find well ebay but the shipping is like $35. Ill try the bowling ally (novel idea)

Last edited by Tom D; 03-02-2013 at 17:19..
Old 03-02-2013, 19:05   #36
Daniel r

Bowling alleys sometimes will give you retired pins
Have gotten alot that way.
Dan
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09   #37
Chuck66
Traveling Man

I'm a little late to this thread, but let me add my enthusiasm. I'm in Johnson City and have lived in different parts of this area since 1994. I grew up in VA, and when I was 10 or 11, I used to tell people I would move to TN some day when I was grown(we visited family in Crossville, and I loved it), and did, when I was 18. I see no reason to leave.

We've got beautiful mountains, rivers and lakes for fishing and hunting and boating and hiking and camping, no state income tax, liberal gun laws, and most other laws, also. and just dang good people for the most part. I love it here. I married a TN girl, and we have two great kids that I plan to raise as Tennesseeans. Thanks for letting me stay.
Freemason's Lodge #66

Behold! How swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close.
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 14:13   #38
Tom D

To give you idea of how folks enjoy Tn before I retired I was working with a man 43 years old who had never stepped outside the state lines, never been on an airplane, said never had any desire to do otherwise. Never even been in Huntville! Imagine that

Old 03-14-2013, 14:19   #39
ETNSHOOTER

East Tennessee here. Been here since I was 9 years old, 43 now. I ain't never leaving. I do worry about all the northern trasplants tho. I'd hate see TN turn in to a Colorado.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
ETNSHOOTER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 14:41   #40
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETNSHOOTER View Post
East Tennessee here. Been here since I was 9 years old, 43 now. I ain't never leaving. I do worry about all the northern trasplants tho. I'd hate see TN turn in to a Colorado.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Most folks I know who are northern are gun enthusiast, Im really surprised at what happened in Co. goes to show how quickly things can change. Chicago is a good example of what wrong in the north.

These people who are trying so hard to take away our guns are the people who can't look an honest man in the eye and are morally bankrupt. They come from all over to take away rights of honest men most are disguised as politicians.