Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2013, 16:16   #21
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Then the box of 100 .45 rounds I saw for 80 was somewhat of a "bargain" yesterday but the individual 50 round boxes of .22 for $15 each were a bit overpriced.
Ouch. I haven't been hit that hard here yet. I got some 9mm PMC for gulp, $15 a box and Fed XM193 for $9 a box while I was in picking up a transfer, but that's a bargain to what I see reported a lot on here.

(.45 was $22-ish a box depending on brand.)

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:05   #22
taurn88

I saw a Springfield Armory Range Officer for $1200 yesterday. And Glock mags ranged from $70-100. oh, and some guy was selling .45 for $30 a box.
taurn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:16   #23
railfancwb

Like I've said about antique malls... People don't know how rich they are until they see prices on "their" stuff in these places.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-18-2013, 19:03   #24
Dawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedwhite View Post
Sooner or later, the scarcity of ammo and the inflated prices for it will kill gun sales.

What good is a handgun with an empty magazine?
Many of the gun/ammo buying people in this panic, have created the problem by allowing themselves to be gouged.
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 19:08   #25
SJ 40

Went to a gun show in N.H. this past weekend,bargain of the show had to be a Kel Tec PMR 30 1299.99, NOT . SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 20:22   #26
JDSTG58

The other thing that was really funny to see was the number of people buying crossbow pistols and tactical style tamahawks. There was a woman in her late sixties buying a battle axe.

Almost forgot. The guy selling reloading supplies told one of the people there he had blown up his Ruger Super Redhawk .44. I couldn't believe he was stupid enough to triple load a .44 mag, and then tell his customers about it.

Last edited by JDSTG58; 02-18-2013 at 20:37..
JDSTG58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55   #27
plp

I've been to two here in Alabama in the past month, everything for the most part was overpriced compared to a year ago.

The belle of the ball for me was a Savage Mark II .22LR with threaded bull barrel for 269 out the door, have another thread about it here so won't get too carried away. After two trips to the range and the addition of a bipod it is just as accurate as my .17HMR at 100 yards, both rifles better than I am.

At the one in south Alabama, I got there an hour before the doors opened and was within the first 50 through the door. A dealer came with 25k in 9mm and was sold out in two hours. They had FMJ and JHP for 14.00 per 50 (reloads) and new casing for 16.00, limit 10 per customer. I got the last 350 rounds of FMJ reload.

I am embarrassed to admit I paid 60 each for two bricks of Remington Golden Bullet, seems to be the best ammo for my wife's Ruger SR-22. I have some other bricks with the price tag still on them, 19.95 two years ago.

There was one dealer selling 5.56 at $49 per 50 round box, am proud to say that afternoon they still had as much as they showed up with, not too many people falling for the hysteria.

I have to say, at both shows, while shoulder to shoulder these were the most polite and courteous folks you would ever want to see. At the one in north Alabama there were 4 protesters with signs, surrounded by probably 10 uniformed LE. Nobody gave them a second look, as they were relegated to a corner of the parking lot away from the front door. I only noticed them because they were close to where I parked when I brought out a few purchases to put in the truck.
plp is online now   Reply With Quote