Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2013, 13:54   #1
69HEMI-R/T

Glock shipped w/SS slide & barrel?

I had someone that was selling his Glock 32 tell me that he bought it with a SS slide & barrel new-in-the-box about a month ago from a dealer. I've never seen one shipped with SS components.
Could it possibly have the nickel-boron coating (NIB-X) on it instead and were these shipped with a coated barrel too. Could it actually have come from Glock with SS parts as I just have never seen one that way.
I do not know.
Old 02-16-2013, 14:21   #2
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

It's not from the factory. Not the Glock factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69HEMI-R/T View Post
I had someone that was selling his Glock 32 tell me that he bought it with a SS slide & barrel new-in-the-box about a month ago from a dealer. I've never seen one shipped with SS components.
Could it possibly have the nickel-boron coating (NIB-X) on it instead and were these shipped with a coated barrel too. Could it actually have come from Glock with SS parts as I just have never seen one that way.
I do not know.
Old 02-16-2013, 14:24   #3
dkf

Never heard of a Nib-X Talo G32. There were G19 and G23 versions though. That said those Talo versions were not Nib-X coated at Glock. Nothing you are describing sounds like it came from Glock that way.

Last edited by dkf; 02-16-2013 at 14:25..
dkf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 14:30   #4
GRT45
Transform & Win

If you come across a Glock pistol with a custom finish on the slide, either NiB or SS or any other variant that isn't standard factory black, it did not leave the Glock, Inc. factory with that finish. A seller/dealer who claims they come that way from the Glock, Inc factory are misinformed (or dishonest). Below are the facts quoting a Glock District Manager:
"We do not apply those finishes at our factory, annually we have an agreement for a limited number of new guns that are sold from the factory to a company with the knowledge they will have this finish applied and then they are sold as special packages at certain large distributor shows. We support the application, however we do not apply them if that makes sense. They are new guns with the full warranty, just not applied by Glock."

John Keeping
District Manager, Glock Inc.
Texas & Oklahoma

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 02-16-2013 at 17:59..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 14:57   #5
69HEMI-R/T

Thanks, I did not believe his pistol came from the factory that way, even if he said he bought it about a month ago at his LGS. He wouldn't show me the box and it was a Gen 3 frame. Yep, I know they still produce new Gen 3's and did not buy his story that he bought it NIB with a SS slide and barrel.
Incidently, the slide and barrel had " USA " on the slide and USA markings on the barrel and was definitely a Glock slide. Not sure about the barrel but it looked like a Glock part.
Old 02-16-2013, 15:19   #6
Shiloh228

When I bought my new G19, the LGS showed me what is best described as a "two-tone" Glock...the slide was a lighter-colored steel (sorry...not a metallurgist)...not shiny (like chrome), not satiny (like SS). Not sure what it was, but IIRC, he was telling me it was new-from-factory.

As nice as it looked, I wanted -- as a first-time buyer -- an authentic "pure" (i.e., black and ugly-but-beautiful) Glock, so I passed.

Was that a hoax? Or does Glock make a two-tone pistol?
Shiloh228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 16:41   #7
4095fanatic

They make OD and FDE as far as I know

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 17:42   #8
Shiloh228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4095fanatic View Post
They make OD and FDE as far as I know

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
the one I was referring to had the usual and customary black receiver...the "unconventional" color was on the slide...
Old 02-16-2013, 17:51   #9
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh228 View Post
the one I was referring to had the usual and customary black receiver...the "unconventional" color was on the slide...
See Post #4 above. It did not leave the Glock, Inc. factory with that finish on the slide. Your LGS is misinformed about who applies the finish.

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 17:54   #10
scosgt

They are the EXO models. They are shipped from Glock to Talon (I think that's the name), and then shipped to distributors who sell them to the dealers along with all the other Glocks.
It is an unofficial official finish.

I have a G27 EXO. The barrel is also done. I love the looks of it, and the finish does not hold dirt at all. After shooting, everything just wipes right off.

Mine was less than $50 more than a standard G27, so it's all good.
scosgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 17:59   #11
bentbiker
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
They are the EXO models. They are shipped from Glock to Talon (I think that's the name),
Talo, I believe, as mentioned by dkf.

Last edited by bentbiker; 02-16-2013 at 18:01..
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 18:41   #12
Shiloh228

Another "two-tone" thread:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...highlight=tone
Old 02-16-2013, 18:55   #13
Shiloh228

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
See Post #4 above. It did not leave the Glock, Inc. factory with that finish on the slide. Your LGS is misinformed about who applies the finish.
More likely I mis-remember what he said...I was so excited to find a new G19 G3 (Made in USA, too!) that my brain (at least the hearing part) probably failed open...

Last edited by Shiloh228; 02-16-2013 at 18:55..