Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2013, 17:31   #1
Bill Powell
CLM Number F
Cross Member

Grey Poupon

I just saw an item on internet news announcing plans to re-introduce the Grey Poupon commercial after a sixteen absence. They are going to show it during the Oscar show on Feb 24th.

During the popularity of the commercials I was in Chicago, driving a 1965 Rolls Royce Cloud III sedan. A fellow and I were driving a couple of '65 Rolls Royces across town to put them in storage. I was driving a left hand drive car and he was in a right hand drive car, which put us right next to each other at a red light. A RollsRoyce dash of that era had a working glove box door opposite the driver and an open cubby hole on the drivers side. Looking down into said cubby hole I saw a jar of Grey Poupon mustard.

I put the mustard through the window and offered it to my buddy and he took it. EVERYONE AT HE INTERSECTION CRACKED UP. The guy across the intersection from us lost control of his car and rolled out into Milwaukee Blvd. Luckily there traffic was light and he didn't get nailed.

I wrote about this years ago, but I figured it was okay to take it out and dust it off.

I drove from from Chicago back to San Antonio in a '63 Rolls C;oud III, which produced a couple of adventures of its own
Old 02-19-2013, 17:40   #2
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Funny as heck sir,

also

Last edited by Gallium; 02-19-2013 at 17:41..
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 17:43   #3
czsmithGT

czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 18:46   #4
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Gimme Gouldens.
Old 02-19-2013, 19:06   #5
Pecos Bill 1911
Yippi-kai-yah!

I had an absurd thought today where two Toyota Priuses pull side-by-side, and one driver asked the other, "Pardon me sir, would you have any freaking granola"!

Best Wishes! Pecos Bill out.
Old 02-19-2013, 19:10   #6
aomagrat
Peaceful Member

Grey Poupon is what my greyhound does to the lawn.
Old 02-19-2013, 20:27   #7
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Powell View Post
I just saw an item on internet news announcing plans to re-introduce the Grey Poupon commercial after a sixteen absence. They are going to show it during the Oscar show on Feb 24th.

During the popularity of the commercials I was in Chicago, driving a 1965 Rolls Royce Cloud III sedan. A fellow and I were driving a couple of '65 Rolls Royces across town to put them in storage. I was driving a left hand drive car and he was in a right hand drive car, which put us right next to each other at a red light. A RollsRoyce dash of that era had a working glove box door opposite the driver and an open cubby hole on the drivers side. Looking down into said cubby hole I saw a jar of Grey Poupon mustard.

I put the mustard through the window and offered it to my buddy and he took it. EVERYONE AT HE INTERSECTION CRACKED UP. The guy across the intersection from us lost control of his car and rolled out into Milwaukee Blvd. Luckily there traffic was light and he didn't get nailed.

I wrote about this years ago, but I figured it was okay to take it out and dust it off.

I drove from from Chicago back to San Antonio in a '63 Rolls C;oud III, which produced a couple of adventures of its own
Great story, Sir!
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 20:49   #8
Bill Powell
CLM Number F
Cross Member

The 63 Rolls that I drove from Chicago to San Antonio was a right hand drive car and driving by the state police headquarters in Joliet was exciting.

My girl friend, riding on the left, climbed over the back seat to get something out of the cooler. A state cruiser behind us turned on every light and noise maker he had. He pulled up alongside us, taking a second look. He looked all sheepish, turned off all the lights and whistles, and using the PA, said, "Excuse Me"

That was funny.