GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 01:05   #176
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
The guy is a radical, but they did not bust him for that. What the ATF did was to get the courts to establish a new gun law where all gun owners can go to jail for a malfunctioning firearm.
I had purchased a 1911 from a man and the gun dealer was shooting it to check it out...guess what...it fired multiple rounds. It just happens some times. All it would take is probably a guy ticked off at you to lie or be intimidated and you could go to Fed prison for an defective weapon. I don' know who to believe in this one. The guy looked clean cut enough.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:13   #177
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 20,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Oh, like Joe Paterno
Guess I'm done with you.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15   #178
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,721


I must apologize

To those who've followed this thead:

I allowed myself to cross the line between spirited debate and obnoxious insult by comparing Sam to Joe Paterno. My comment was uncalled for and ridiculous in premise.

Though we often disagree, I have immense respect for Sam's intellect and perspective. Frankly I considered him a friend here and it disturbs me that I allowed myself to insult him in this manner.

Sam, please accept my apology.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56   #179
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 20,770
That was gracious, cert.

I accept, and we need speak no more of it.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:03   #180
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,721


I appreciate that Sam.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 13:00   #181
SPIN2010
Searching ...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On the move ... again!
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post
Whoever the jurors were, they are freakin' morons.
If you have ever been in a jury selection (I was on a death sentence jury) you cannot believe how correct you are. They weed out the people with a brain asap.

Peers? Is there such a thing these days, and would you really want that. I am not so sure I would if I were in that position.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 13:08   #182
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
If you have ever been in a jury selection (I was on a death sentence jury) you cannot believe how correct you are. They weed out the people with a brain asap.

.




Nope, I'm not going to say it.


(BTW, I on one as well, and you are wrong, but, that is a matter of perspective)
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 13:12   #183
poikilotrm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 126
I am starting to wonder just how many cops have Ganzer's syndrome. Maybe it is just the subset here, but this seems to be a real problem.
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 13:44   #184
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by poikilotrm View Post
I am starting to wonder just how many cops have Ganzer's syndrome. Maybe it is just the subset here, but this seems to be a real problem.
Shall we examine the pathology of someone who takes thread about illegal machine guns and turns the thread into cop-bashing?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 13:55   #185
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Shall we examine the pathology of someone who takes thread about illegal machine guns and turns the thread into cop-bashing?
i kinda think this thread has


citizen bashing
copbashing
and plain ole bashing

which all of it is against tos . and in this thread lots have broke it
__________________
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 15:14   #186
jknight8907
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Memphis TN (roughly)
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
i kinda think this thread has


citizen bashing
copbashing
and plain ole bashing

which all of it is against tos . and in this thread lots have broke it
It would be nice if those who have proven they cannot debate without insults and personal attacks could be banned for good. It would make for a much more civil forum, and better discussions.

Sent via teletype
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 15:52   #187
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
It would be nice if those who have proven they cannot debate without insults and personal attacks could be banned for good. It would make for a much more civil forum, and better discussions.

Sent via teletype
I am sure the 17 people left on GT would be kinda bored then
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 16:33   #188
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I am sure the 17 people left on GT would be kinda bored then
The Okie Corral
__________________
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 21:13   #189
poikilotrm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
It would be nice if those who have proven they cannot debate without insults and personal attacks could be banned for good. It would make for a much more civil forum, and better discussions.

Sent via teletype
Says the guy who enjoys making ad hominem attacks.
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37   #190
jknight8907
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Memphis TN (roughly)
Posts: 1,958
Really? What percent of my posts are 'ad hominem attacks', compared to your own record?

Last edited by jknight8907; 02-17-2013 at 08:50..
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:59   #191
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: US
Posts: 31,934
Others can take a look at your posting & make their minds up for themselves.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/sear...rchid=12348578


I have no dog in this fight. The OP's thread topic was worded to be
a bit of a "trolling thread" anyway. Knew this one would have it's share
of bickering, name calling and flat out whining, typical Lounge thread.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:59   #192
wally05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 313
Whew, I remember why I quit posting on this forum. but, while looking for more info on our new issue gen 4 G23s, I came across this thread.

Local Police (state troopers down to local patrol officers) serving to enforce state laws are not held by any means to enforce the code of federal regs aka "federal laws" just like the FBI and such cannot enforce state laws. Example, a fed agent has no authority to enforce speed limits or other local statutes... he would have to get with a local officer to pull someone over for a violation. The only exceptions are in state's like Ohio or VA that may have federal uniformed/083 officers with local roads passing through or past base and the state statutes are written to give those officers authority to enforce specific statutes like speed laws. But, the STATE allows that to happen, not the fed gov't.

My oath, as many others, talked about upholding the constitution, which means upholding the COTUS by protecting the rights of the people. It doesn't mean we enforce federal laws. Anyone trying to say the COTUS is federal law is reaching and isn't worthy of a debate.

I think you'll find through research that fed LE are actually fairly limited in what they can do and without local le support, they can be dead in the water. It's not like in the movies where it seems like the FBI is God's law enforcement and can go and do whatever. If local LE feel like the feds are overreaching and won't support them... good luck to fed gov't b/c local LE outnumber them by a lot and do a lot of work for them.

If you're anti-authority, don't call the cops... answer your own damn alarm calls and violent crimes.
__________________
I'm a BERETTA man now... sorry glocksters!:wavey:

Last edited by wally05; 02-17-2013 at 10:01..
wally05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28   #193
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,394
"If you're anti-authority, don't call the cops... answer your own damn alarm calls and violent crimes."

Sounds reasonable to me.

Of course most who this applies too will say "I would handle it myself anyways" in typical internet bravado. Wonder how many would back that up in real life?
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41   #194
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally05 View Post
Whew, I remember why I quit posting on this forum. but, while looking for more info on our new issue gen 4 G23s, I came across this thread.

Local Police (state troopers down to local patrol officers) serving to enforce state laws are not held by any means to enforce the code of federal regs aka "federal laws" just like the FBI and such cannot enforce state laws. Example, a fed agent has no authority to enforce speed limits or other local statutes... he would have to get with a local officer to pull someone over for a violation. The only exceptions are in state's like Ohio or VA that may have federal uniformed/083 officers with local roads passing through or past base and the state statutes are written to give those officers authority to enforce specific statutes like speed laws. But, the STATE allows that to happen, not the fed gov't.

My oath, as many others, talked about upholding the constitution, which means upholding the COTUS by protecting the rights of the people. It doesn't mean we enforce federal laws. Anyone trying to say the COTUS is federal law is reaching and isn't worthy of a debate.

I think you'll find through research that fed LE are actually fairly limited in what they can do and without local le support, they can be dead in the water. It's not like in the movies where it seems like the FBI is God's law enforcement and can go and do whatever. If local LE feel like the feds are overreaching and won't support them... good luck to fed gov't b/c local LE outnumber them by a lot and do a lot of work for them.

If you're anti-authority, don't call the cops... answer your own damn alarm calls and violent crimes.
That's why feds like JTFs. We can pull dealers or terrorists over for tailights out, they can send people to prison for a long periods of time or even out of the country.

We have an ICE guy who comes in an researches our gang members to offer them the chance to flip and stay or get deported. Unfortunately we don't have as many non native gang members to do what we would like.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47   #195
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
This happened near where my parents live.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_...uzsentinel.com

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/loc...uzsentinel.com

Note this is the police department asking to raise the speed limit so they can write tickets.

Do you have "speed trap" defined in your state's vehicle code?

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d17/vc40802.htm

Speed Traps

40802. (a) A "speed trap" is either of the following:


(1) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(2) A particular section of a highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within five years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects. This paragraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.

(b) (1) For purposes of this section, a local street or road is one that is functionally classified as “local” on the “California Road System Maps,” that are approved by the Federal Highway Administration and maintained by the Department of Transportation. When a street or road does not appear on the “California Road System Maps,” it may be defined as a “local street or road” if it primarily provides access to abutting residential property and meets the following three conditions:

(A) Roadway width of not more than 40 feet.

(B) Not more than one-half of a mile of uninterrupted length. Interruptions shall include official traffic control signals as defined in Section 445.

(C) Not more than one traffic lane in each direction.

(2) For purposes of this section "school zone" means that area approaching or passing a school building or the grounds thereof that is contiguous to a highway and on which is posted a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign, while children are going to or leaving the school either during school hours or during the noon recess period. "School zone" also includes the area approaching or passing any school grounds that are not separated from the highway by a fence, gate, or other physical barrier while the grounds are in use by children if that highway is posted with a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign.

(c) (1) When all of the following criteria are met, paragraph (2) of this subdivision shall be applicable and subdivision (a) shall not be applicable:

(A) When radar is used, the arresting officer has successfully completed a radar operator course of not less than 24 hours on the use of police traffic radar, and the course was approved and certified by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.

(B) When laser or any other electronic device is used to measure the speed of moving objects, the arresting officer has successfully completed the training required in subparagraph (A) and an additional training course of not less than two hours approved and certified by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.

(C) (i) The prosecution proved that the arresting officer complied with subparagraphs (A) and (B) and that an engineering and traffic survey has been conducted in accordance with subparagraph (B) of paragraph (2). The prosecution proved that, prior to the officer issuing the notice to appear, the arresting officer established that the radar, laser, or other electronic device conformed to the requirements of subparagraph (D).

(ii) The prosecution proved the speed of the accused was unsafe for the conditions present at the time of alleged violation unless the citation was for a violation of Section 22349, 22356, or 22406.

(D) The radar, laser, or other electronic device used to measure the speed of the accused meets or exceeds the minimal operational standards of the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration, and has been calibrated within the three years prior to the date of the alleged violation by an independent certified laser or radar repair and testing or calibration facility.

(2) A "speed trap" is either of the following:

(A) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(B) (i) A particular section of a highway or state highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within one of the following time periods, prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects:

(I) Except as specified in subclause (II), seven years.

(II) If an engineering and traffic survey was conducted more than seven years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and a registered engineer evaluates the section of the highway and determines that no significant changes in roadway or traffic conditions have occurred, including, but not limited to, changes in adjoining property or land use, roadway width, or traffic volume, 10 years.

(ii) This subparagraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.


Oh, and by the way CHP could not use radar until a few years ago. They were prohibited by law.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT

Last edited by CAcop; 02-17-2013 at 10:48..
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:56   #196
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,234
This is a reader digest version of why CA sets limits the way it does and how it can be done legally. Sometimes you have to raise speed limits in this state to be able to write tickets.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/loc...uzsentinel.com

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/loc...uzsentinel.com
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58   #197
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally05 View Post

If you're anti-authority, don't call the cops... answer your own damn alarm calls and violent crimes.
Even Bill Ayers calls the police, even though he tried to murder and them and blow them up.

The anti-authority will be the first to put their pudgy fingers on the 9-1-1 when it breaks bad.

They also want all the benefits that everyone else's taxes pay for, without paying them. I think they have that in common with illegal aliens.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08   #198
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,721


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Even Bill Ayers calls the police, even though he tried to murder and them and blow them up.

The anti-authority will be the first to put their pudgy fingers on the 9-1-1 when it breaks bad.

They also want all the benefits that everyone else's taxes pay for, without paying them. I think they have that in common with illegal aliens.
We don't have a choice but to call the cops. Certain things they have a monopoly on.

To protect me? No.

But if something breaks bad in my house they need to take the report.

Also we pay for them.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11   #199
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,721


Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
This happened near where my parents live.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_...uzsentinel.com

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/loc...uzsentinel.com

Note this is the police department asking to raise the speed limit so they can write tickets.

Do you have "speed trap" defined in your state's vehicle code?

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d17/vc40802.htm

Speed Traps

40802. (a) A "speed trap" is either of the following:


(1) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(2) A particular section of a highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within five years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects. This paragraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.

(b) (1) For purposes of this section, a local street or road is one that is functionally classified as “local” on the “California Road System Maps,” that are approved by the Federal Highway Administration and maintained by the Department of Transportation. When a street or road does not appear on the “California Road System Maps,” it may be defined as a “local street or road” if it primarily provides access to abutting residential property and meets the following three conditions:

(A) Roadway width of not more than 40 feet.

(B) Not more than one-half of a mile of uninterrupted length. Interruptions shall include official traffic control signals as defined in Section 445.

(C) Not more than one traffic lane in each direction.

(2) For purposes of this section "school zone" means that area approaching or passing a school building or the grounds thereof that is contiguous to a highway and on which is posted a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign, while children are going to or leaving the school either during school hours or during the noon recess period. "School zone" also includes the area approaching or passing any school grounds that are not separated from the highway by a fence, gate, or other physical barrier while the grounds are in use by children if that highway is posted with a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign.

(c) (1) When all of the following criteria are met, paragraph (2) of this subdivision shall be applicable and subdivision (a) shall not be applicable:

(A) When radar is used, the arresting officer has successfully completed a radar operator course of not less than 24 hours on the use of police traffic radar, and the course was approved and certified by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.

(B) When laser or any other electronic device is used to measure the speed of moving objects, the arresting officer has successfully completed the training required in subparagraph (A) and an additional training course of not less than two hours approved and certified by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.

(C) (i) The prosecution proved that the arresting officer complied with subparagraphs (A) and (B) and that an engineering and traffic survey has been conducted in accordance with subparagraph (B) of paragraph (2). The prosecution proved that, prior to the officer issuing the notice to appear, the arresting officer established that the radar, laser, or other electronic device conformed to the requirements of subparagraph (D).

(ii) The prosecution proved the speed of the accused was unsafe for the conditions present at the time of alleged violation unless the citation was for a violation of Section 22349, 22356, or 22406.

(D) The radar, laser, or other electronic device used to measure the speed of the accused meets or exceeds the minimal operational standards of the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration, and has been calibrated within the three years prior to the date of the alleged violation by an independent certified laser or radar repair and testing or calibration facility.

(2) A "speed trap" is either of the following:

(A) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(B) (i) A particular section of a highway or state highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within one of the following time periods, prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects:

(I) Except as specified in subclause (II), seven years.

(II) If an engineering and traffic survey was conducted more than seven years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and a registered engineer evaluates the section of the highway and determines that no significant changes in roadway or traffic conditions have occurred, including, but not limited to, changes in adjoining property or land use, roadway width, or traffic volume, 10 years.

(ii) This subparagraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.


Oh, and by the way CHP could not use radar until a few years ago. They were prohibited by law.
Errrr, code laws speed limits are all set politically. That's a sime fact.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18   #200
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,582
Blog Entries: 1


The butt hurt is strong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Copatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:30.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,027
330 Members
697 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42