GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 15:34   #26
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Stop the insanity.

1) He installed a FULL AUTO FCG (not a burst sear) into a modified AR WITH THE AUTO SEAR AXIS PIN. There were also mods to the BCG.
...
The above is the key.

My Colt AR-15 armorer instuctor explained the feds find the sear pin hole to be the felony as far as they are concerned. He mentioned this in regards to Colt and their previous tendency to have different bolts for different guns and the bridge in the reciever to avoid the conversion of their guns to full auto. They have changed some since then.

Being able to consistently get it to go full auto just finished him off.

Moral of the story stay away from guns that are not registered MGs with all the proper paperwork that have that have a hole above the selector lever.

The Okie Corral
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 15:35   #27
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,147
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
All of which should be perfectly legal. Why do his political views matter?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Because you think something should be legal, does not make it so.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 15:49   #28
CBennett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PA/Covered by LEOSA
Posts: 10,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Stop the insanity.

1) He installed a FULL AUTO FCG (not a burst sear) into a modified AR WITH THE AUTO SEAR AXIS PIN. There were also mods to the BCG.

2) He loaned it to a "customer" while he waited on parts and instructed him not to place the weapon on "burst" or it would "jam."

3) The "customer" took it to a public range and fired three bursts before it malfunctioned, drawing the attention of Law Enforcement.

4) Upon seizing the firearm, Agents were able to perform 3 x 20 round mag dumps in a row, cyclic, with no malfunctions- with the selector in the third position, utilizing the installed auto sear.

Separate hilarity:

1) When interviewed regarding his machine gun, he told investigators, "That's nothing... I have a .50 cal sniper rifle!"

2) He modified 80% lowers and sold them without doing 4473s.

3) He was illegally using an FFL that was registered to another individual or entity.

4) Was in the Klan or WAR or something...
We agree on VERY LITTLE..but in this case..SPOT ON and I could not have said it better. D bag got caught and is not paying for being DUMB
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:07   #29
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Because you think something should be legal, does not make it so.
Shall not be infringed.

No constitutional federal authority.




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:08   #30
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Disturbing to see so many here eager to attack someone who violated laws that shouldn't exist.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:10   #31
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I have no problem with that. Shouldn't even be a crime


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
He probably thought that way too. Up until his first shower in the prison and realized he should have brought soap on a rope.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:13   #32
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Just becuase he is in the military doesnt make his actions any better. He broke the law intentionally, and I dont see in any way how this could be accidental.
Shhh. They make you disappear to the cornfield when you say things like that.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:14   #33
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
He probably thought that way too. Up until his first shower in the prison and realized he should have brought soap on a rope.
Just so we're clear on where you stand:

1. Do you believe that citizens should have to go through the government and pay a tax to own or manufacture a full auto rifle?

2. Do you think the 4473 process should exist?

3. Do you think that someone should have to possess a federal license to sell guns as a business?






.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-14-2013 at 16:19..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:51   #34
jknight8907
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Memphis TN (roughly)
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Just so we're clear on where you stand:

1. Do you believe that citizens should have to go through the government and pay a tax to own or manufacture a full auto rifle?

2. Do you think the 4473 process should exist?

3. Do you think that someone should have to possess a federal license to sell guns as a business?






.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
What you think and what the long-standing law is are two totally exclusive things. I may think the speed limit should be 95, but that won't amount to a hill of beans to the cop writing the ticket.
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:55   #35
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
What you think and what the long-standing law is are two totally exclusive things. I may think the speed limit should be 95, but that won't amount to a hill of beans to the cop writing the ticket.
Perhaps you'd like to answer the questions?

Will you feel the same if handguns are banned in the US?



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-14-2013 at 16:57..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:56   #36
jknight8907
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Memphis TN (roughly)
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Perhaps you'd like to answer the questions?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Yeah, I figured you'd miss the point....
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:57   #37
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,147
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Shall not be infringed.

No constitutional federal authority.




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Again, because YOU, as a citizen feel tht way, does not make it law.

Law states you cannot create an unregistered machine gun and transfer it. Your oppinion of the matter holds no sway.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:59   #38
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Again, because YOU, as a citizen feel tht way, does not make it law.

Law states you cannot create an unregistered machine gun and transfer it. Your oppinion of the matter holds no sway.
The nerve of a citizen, huh?

Would you like to answer the 3 questions?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 16:59   #39
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
Yeah, I figured you'd miss the point....
So you don't want to answer the questions?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:01   #40
poikilotrm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
They fail to mention he was actively involved with neo-nazis and was outspoken about it on internet forums. Bottom line is he was the nail that stuck out, and the ATF hammered it. Pity is not found.
Links to prove this?

Also, since when is associating with lowlifes legally actionable?
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:01   #41
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Which of you will be surrendering your guns if or when the law says you must?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:02   #42
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Disturbing to see so many here eager to attack someone who violated laws that shouldn't exist.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
"I don't think that law should exist"

That's what Charlie Manson said.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:03   #43
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
"I don't think that law should exist"

That's what Charlie Manson said.
Perhaps YOU would like to answer the questions?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:06   #44
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,147
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
The nerve of a citizen, huh?

Would you like to answer the 3 questions?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Nerve has nothing to do with it.

It comes down to the fact that oppinion, does not overrule law.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:06   #45
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 20,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
So you don't want to answer the questions?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
No need to. I'm living in the world as it is here, not the world I wish for. That he couldn't find even one person to deadlock the jury speaks powerfully.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:08   #46
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
No need to. I'm living in the world as it is here, not the world I wish for. That he couldn't find even one person to deadlock the jury speaks powerfully.
Sam, I've asked 4 simple questions. In the time it took you to respond you could've just answered them.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:09   #47
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Nerve has nothing to do with it.

It comes down to the fact that oppinion, does not overrule law.
So if the 2A is repealed or legally nullified AKStick will surrender his guns. Got it.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:11   #48
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


This thread is very revealing


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:12   #49
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,147
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
So if the 2A is repealed or legally nullified AKStick will surrender his guns. Got it.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Or I'll live with the consequences of not doing so.

But how I feel won't change that it's legal or illegal. A concept you evidently can't grasp.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:14   #50
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Or I'll live with the consequences of not doing so.

But how I feel won't change that it's legal or illegal. A concept you evidently can't grasp.


Oh I grasp it fine. I'm disturbed by the people here ready to back the government and criticize this guy.

BTW, your position sounds a bit hypocritical.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-14-2013 at 17:14..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:51.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,132
320 Members
812 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42