Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2013, 21:56   #101
Marlowe

I'm grateful they got him.

Thanks to all involved, particularly those who gave all, and to their families.
Old 02-12-2013, 21:59   #102
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Legally speaking It doesn't really matter if the fire started because cops pumped CS canisters and flashbangs in the house, or if they doused it in gas and lit a match themselves.

He murdered at least 5 people. The cops had been in a sustained gunfight with him, he was reasonably believed to be in possession of a .50 cal rifle, and was a continuing threat.

Deadly force is deadly force. If its authorized, it doesn't matter if you use a hammer, a handgun, or a house fire.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:07   #103
ClydeG19

Foxnews saying body pulled out of the cabin confirmed to be Dorner.

Anyone have archived radio traffic?

ClydeG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:07   #104
mntrpr

Prayers for the LE and victims, good riddance to that POS
mntrpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:07   #105
Top_Shot_31

Andrew Smith, Commander, LAPD:

"The cabin is too hot to search. Any reports that a body has been removed from the cabin are not true. Any reports that the body has been identified are NOT true. We will maintain our high-profile security detail for our officers until we are 100% that we have identified Christopher Dorner."

"Until Mr. Dorner is identified as deceased or is in handcuffs in the county jail, we will continue to treat things as if he is still out there."
Fast forward 6 months for the DUI trial. Prosecutor is reviewing the booking room video and asks me why I am moon-walking while the drunk offender is hopping around in slow motion in a big white suit.

Last edited by Top_Shot_31; 02-12-2013 at 22:09..
Top_Shot_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:09   #106
ClydeG19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Shot_31 View Post
Andrew Smith, Commander, LAPD:

"The cabin is too hot to search. Any reports that a body has been removed from the cabin are not true. Any reports that the body has been identified are NOT true. We will maintain our high-profile security detail for our officers until we are 100% that we have identified Christopher Dorner."

"Until Mr. Dorner is identified as deceased or is in handcuffs in the county jail, we will continue to treat things as if he is still out there."
Someone needs to consult Capt Janks.

ClydeG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:12   #107
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Legally speaking It doesn't really matter if the fire started because cops pumped CS canisters and flashbangs in the house, or if they doused it in gas and lit a match themselves.

He murdered at least 5 people. The cops had been in a sustained gunfight with him, he was reasonably believed to be in possession of a .50 cal rifle, and was a continuing threat.

Deadly force is deadly force. If its authorized, it doesn't matter if you use a hammer, a handgun, or a house fire.

My four favorite words are "pitchers and catchers report," closely followed by "not trained but justified."

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...
My comments are my own opinions and are not intended to be interpreted as the position of my department.

golls17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 00:13   #108
w01

Quote:
Originally Posted by w01 View Post
Prayers for victims & families

CBS, CNN & AP reporting that body removed from cabin is thought to be that of dorner. LA mayor tells telemundo "it's over" LAPD schedules news conference for 11 PM EST.

good riddance pos
And as reported by Top Shot 31, now they are reporting the body has not been removed or confirmed

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/12/us/lap...html?hpt=hp_t1
w01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32   #109
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
he has hostages...this will be drawn out.

he needs to be killed.

california does have have a death penalty, justice can only come from the barrel of a gun.
CA's death penalty is carried out over decades and you die of old age.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37   #110
Detectorist

CNN reporting that some unidentified burnt BBQ found in burned out cabin.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/12...ted/?hpt=hp_t1

I say top it with BBQ sauce and let the animals take care of the trash.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:45   #111
Annoyinglylongname

Rip chris dorner- rot in pieces- he was the epitome of all the reasons to do away with set asides, preferences, and AA.
The world suddenly got a little better.
Maybe there is still a little justice left in the world.
My prayers to victims and wounded and families
Annoyinglylongname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11   #112
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:

Exactly. **** him. His ass was bought and paid for.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31   #113
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:

Although I think he is guilty and deserves to die after due process......

I find it interesting that you have already convicted him. And have no problems with the police executing him in a ball of fire.

So lets twist the situation, lets say he was Pro-gun, pro-republican, Tea party supporter and had decent evidence of wrong doing in the gov.....do you believe that it would be correct to execute him by burning this house? Do you believe the media would give fair and unbiased coverage?

Or are you saying that the US Gov is not able to control situations to send innocent people to jail?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41   #114
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

I think someone's cheese has slid off their cracker.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:42   #115
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post

I find it interesting that you have already convicted him. And have no problems with the police executing him in a ball of fire.

So lets twist the situation, lets say he was Pro-gun, pro-republican, Tea party supporter and had decent evidence of wrong doing in the gov.....do you believe that it would be correct to execute him by burning this house? Do you believe the media would give fair and unbiased coverage?

Or are you saying that the US Gov is not able to control situations to send innocent people to jail?
Please tell me you're not serious. They were actively in a shootout with him, how much more justified does deadly force get?

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47   #116
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

While I do take issue with the possibility of using a drone to neutralize a nonmilitary target, and especially without due process... In this running battle, he already wounded one, and killed yet another Officer trying to apprehend him.

I do not believe that he gets a time out if he gets back to home base, and hypothetical political beliefs, race, or whatever has nothing to do with it. Although I was not there, using CS/CN to make it very uncomfortable for him to maintain the standoff, is perfectly acceptable. Setting the cabin afire could have been an unintended consequence, or something Dorner facilitated knowing he would be caught.

Dorner, made a whole series of bad choices getting to that point, so I am not shedding a tear (pun intended) about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'

Last edited by razdog76; 02-13-2013 at 09:55..
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57   #117
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

Quote:

Blaah, blaah, blaah. My tinfoil hat is too tight.
And so the "Wacoization" of Chris Dorner begins...

He was actively involved in a shootout. He had made his intention to not be taken alive publicly and abundantly clear. At this point the exact manner in which the fire started is unknown and-

You know what? Screw it. If you're looking for a conspiracy, you're going to find one and neither facts nor logic will persuade you otherwise. Go play in GNG,
Old 02-13-2013, 09:59   #118
RussP

Quote:
So lets twist the situation, lets say he was Pro-gun, pro-republican, Tea party supporter and had decent evidence of wrong doing in the gov.
You forgot the prior murders, prior attempted murder, the murder of one deputy at the scene, the attempted murder of another deputy at the scene, and the ongoing exchange, exchange of gunfire as qualifiers.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:00   #119
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:

He was not executed in a ball of fire, he could have placed his weapons down and walked out.

Is that a difficult concept for you to understand.

You can twist the facts any way you want,an escape route was left for him to walk out, he chose not to.

He was involved in a prolonged shootout from inside that cabin firing a fully automatic weapon.

How would you have handled it, me Im launching CS/CN burners into that place to force him out, or he can stay and seal his own fate, barricaded gunman 101....
Old 02-13-2013, 10:00   #120
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Ignore, not forget.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote