Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:36   #126
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
Please tell me you're not serious. They were actively in a shootout with him, how much more justified does deadly force get?
Please re-read the post I replied to.

This isn't about the specific case of Dorner and how he died.

This is about the process and the way people on GT change their opinion based on sometimes minor ways the media reports things. This is also about how GT people pile on and group mentality.

Separate from the situation, and work the process.

If you need me to break it down I will.

Last edited by RWBlue; 02-13-2013 at 09:37..
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37   #127
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

People who are ignorant of a subject are always the most sure of themselves.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38   #128
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon189 View Post
Police scanners sound as if swat started it
http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&rdm=mhvbxag2

At 1 minute they ref the burn
see post #119

We call CS/CN Burners when they are pyrotechnic or burning expulsion agents.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41   #129
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post

This is about the process and the way people on GT change their opinion based on sometimes minor ways the media reports things. This is also about how GT people pile on and group mentality.

How about you break it down in a thread not relating to this .

Two deputies were shot at that house one fatally just coming to work to protect their community..
THAT is the reality.
Or do I need to break it down for you.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44   #130
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon189 View Post
Police scanners sound as if swat started it
http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&rdm=mhvbxag2

At 1 minute they ref the burn
Several times, actually.
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46   #131
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

damnant quod non intellegunt
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49   #132
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Two deputies were shot at that house one fatally just coming to work to protect their community..
THAT is the reality.
Why don't you break it down for me?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:51   #133
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
"I don't like/trust the Police or anything they do".

Is that broke enough for you?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:59   #134
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
I already did it start another thread to go over that.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28   #135
RussP

Quote:

Quote:
How about you break it down in a thread not relating to this .

THAT is the reality.
Quote:
Quote:
I already did it start another thread to go over that.
Please note Mayhem's suggestion to start another thread. It is a very good suggestion. Please take it.

Thanks...

Edited to add: Since you do not post in Cop Talk much, when I post in bold blue, I have my moderator hat on. Otherwise, I'm just another GT member.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-13-2013 at 10:31..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:48   #136
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Although I think he is guilty and deserves to die after due process......

I find it interesting that you have already convicted him. And have no problems with the police executing him in a ball of fire.

So lets twist the situation, lets say he was Pro-gun, pro-republican, Tea party supporter and had decent evidence of wrong doing in the gov.....do you believe that it would be correct to execute him by burning this house? Do you believe the media would give fair and unbiased coverage?

Or are you saying that the US Gov is not able to control situations to send innocent people to jail?
Due process is available anytime for those that want to avail themselves to it. When you go on a killing rampage and kill those attempting to arrest you instead of making an attempt to turn yourself in or surrender peacefully then you have shown you have no real interest in due process.

it is about as ludicrous as it gets to claim that someone actively resisting arrest via use of deadly force is somehow being denied due process when they are killed in the midst of their homicidal efforts.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:06   #137
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Although I think he is guilty and deserves to die after due process......

I find it interesting that you have already convicted him. And have no problems with the police executing him in a ball of fire.

So lets twist the situation, lets say he was Pro-gun, pro-republican, Tea party supporter and had decent evidence of wrong doing in the gov.....do you believe that it would be correct to execute him by burning this house? Do you believe the media would give fair and unbiased coverage?

Or are you saying that the US Gov is not able to control situations to send innocent people to jail?
He received due process and was fired afterwards. He then went on a murder spree killing two civilians and two leos and seriously wounding three other leos.

Kind if hard to negotiate with and convince a deranged man to surrender peacefully to have his day in court while he shoots at you.

BTW, what was Doren's decent evidence? Why didn't he give it to the media, Obama, or put the evidence on his facebook page?

His claims of police brutality and corruption, even if true, sure don't have any credibility now.

If he was such a standup leo, a decent man with integrity, why murder four people?

Also, if this guy were a progun republican and did the same thing, I still say he got what he deserved.

Last edited by ICARRY2; 02-13-2013 at 11:11..
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07   #138
Top_Shot_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Due process is available anytime for those that want to avail themselves to it. When you go on a killing rampage and kill those attempting to arrest you instead of making an attempt to turn yourself in or surrender peacefully then you have shown you have no real interest in due process.

it is about as ludicrous as it gets to claim that someone actively resisting arrest via use of deadly force is somehow being denied due process when they are killed in the midst of their homicidal efforts.
Dragoon has spoken.

/thread.
Fast forward 6 months for the DUI trial. Prosecutor is reviewing the booking room video and asks me why I am moon-walking while the drunk offender is hopping around in slow motion in a big white suit.
Top_Shot_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:59   #139
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post

Exactly.

The gene pool has been cleansed. Carry on.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:02   #140
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICARRY2 View Post
He received due process and was fired afterwards. He then went on a murder spree killing two civilians and two leos and seriously wounding three other leos.

Kind if hard to negotiate with and convince a deranged man to surrender peacefully to have his day in court while he shoots at you.

BTW, what was Doren's decent evidence? Why didn't he give it to the media, Obama, or put the evidence on his facebook page?

His claims of police brutality and corruption, even
true, sure don't have any credibility now.

If he was such a standup leo, a decent man with integrity, why murder four people?

Also, if this guy were a progun republican and did the same thing, I still say he got what he deserved.
It seems he thought he was unjustly accused, and in order to clear up that black mark on his reputation, was killing innocent people. But only until his reputation was cleared, of course.

If that plan made sense to him, imagine how much sense his theory of why he was really innocent of the original offense that got him fired made.

He thought he was on some sort of righteous quest to clear his name of charges of lying by murdering people. He was just straight up, full blown crazy.

Randy

steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06   #141
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
It seems he thought he was unjustly accused, and in order to clear up that black mark on his reputation, was killing innocent people. But only until his reputation was cleared, of course.

If that plan made sense to him, imagine how much sense his theory of why he was really innocent of the original offense that got him fired made.

He thought he was on some sort of righteous quest to clear his name of charges of lying by murdering people. He was just straight up, full blown crazy.

Randy

His insane justifications for his behavior isn't nearly as alarming as the legions of people who have publicly supported his killing spree.

S&W Club - 22227
Old 02-13-2013, 13:34   #142
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:

So lets twist the situation...
Okay, let's say he was an active LAPD officer instead of a disgruntled ex-officer. How would you see him then? I've seen calls for officers to be fired, criminally convicted and even "executed" based on a 15 second video clip from a patrol car a half block away.

Saying this POS got what was coming to him because he ended up dead by his own choice of actions is different than advocating execution without trial.
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 14:45   #143
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

For those questioning the burn and assuming that it was an intentionally set fire (by LE) or that something more should have been done to "save" this *******, I question how much risk the SBSO and other agencies involved were supposed to expose their people to in that interest? How much more risk? Dorner was not going to surrender...he's had days for that. He could have done it at the start of this last shootout...put his hands in the air, followed directions, etc. He didn't He killed another cop.

I don't think it's really our place to say who deserves to get what...that's for the courts to figure out. That said, Dorner deserved what he got. Dorner is responsible for what he got.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 14:52   #144
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post

Randy
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:26   #145
DFin

The SBSD needs to buy more mags for their Mini 14s. The non SWAT deputies did not seem to have enough mags/ammo to counter a criminal armed like Dorner. I would sure hate to go up against that with one spare 20 rnd mag.

Last edited by DFin; 02-13-2013 at 20:29..
DFin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:35   #146
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Sheriff: There was no intent to burn cabin to get Dorner

Sheriff: There was no intent to burn cabin to get Dorner

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...attle/1915961/

Old 02-13-2013, 19:41   #147
Reyn
Times Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
damnant quod non intellegunt
Yo Momma!

j/k I don't know what it means
Reyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 20:02   #148
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Exactly.

The gene pool has been cleansed. Carry on.
He already said he doesn't have a family so he promised no promulgation of his DNA. That was the one good thing he promised in his manifesto.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:33   #149
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

What do we think about reports that LAPD engaged in 2 separate shootings on civilians riding in trucks that resembled Dorner's - which allegedly didn't look so much like Dorner's.

Any truth?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

S&W Club - 22227
Old 02-14-2013, 17:39   #150
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
What do we think about reports that LAPD engaged in 2 separate shootings on civilians riding in trucks that resembled Dorner's - which allegedly didn't look so much like Dorner's.

Any truth?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Some. I know one shooting was Torrance PD, not LA. Not sure without google who shot up the two women, but LA has apologized for it and will be paying.

IMO, I can't see how the shooters articulated an immediate threat to life, nor that the occupants had the means, opportunity and intent to kill or cause serious injury.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote