Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-05-2013, 00:02   #21
LAWDOGKMS

Tagged.
LAWDOGKMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49   #22
Lowjiber

We've got Zombie ammo. Now, we need Bigfoot ammo.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34   #23
Gonetodarkside
owl protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
I don't believe you, just because I don't believe.

But did you see something or is the whole story made up? I believe you believe you saw something.

I don't know what. A man? A man in costume trying to trick people? A bear? Some other animal? A bush or tree? I don't know.

It is a great story. A scary story. Fills the imagination, and makes hair on the back of the neck stand up.

If we assume a bigfoot, he certainly heard you driving. Why not stop and just watch you go by? Why not crouch down? They are obviously elusive, so it is strange one would get seen that way. Maybe he's used to cars just driving by, kinda like deer are.

What about tracking it the next day? Get some buddies, some dogs, whatever. Might find prints to tell you what it was.

I understand you not believing and that's cool with me, it does not change my experience in the least. And yes, the story happened as I related it.

I did go back the next day with a few buddies but could not find any tracks. One of my friends who went with me is 6'8''. I had him stand next to the cedar tree where the creature was and I stood approximately where we were positioned in the jeep, he was almost half as tall as the tree.

I will admit, when we did go back down there I was still pretty freaked out and wouldn't have gone alone.
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 14:57   #24
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post
I understand you not believing and that's cool with me, it does not change my experience in the least. And yes, the story happened as I related it.

I did go back the next day with a few buddies but could not find any tracks. One of my friends who went with me is 6'8''. I had him stand next to the cedar tree where the creature was and I stood approximately where we were positioned in the jeep, he was almost half as tall as the tree.

I will admit, when we did go back down there I was still pretty freaked out and wouldn't have gone alone.
I gotta say, though, it was probably the best bigfoot story I've ever read.

Bigfoot is the one monster that scares the crap out of me. When I was a kid, we'd go to a single wide trailer (used as a summer vacation home) near a lake. I don't know how I got left alone there, but I remember having watched some of the scary bigfoot movies, and then being alone there in that trailer. The windows were too close for my comfort, and it was dark out. I could envision (fear) a big hairy arm coming through the window to grab me. Could also envision being watched by bigfoot.

They had some great scary bigfoot movies in 1970's. Not campy stuff like the 6 million dollar man episode, or the later Harry and the Hendersons. But real hardcore Swamp Monster stuff. I can't remember all the titles.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:39   #25
1911Tuner

Interesting thread.

My take is that, they've been seen and recorded by too many people...going back for a couple centuries...for everybody to be blowin' smoke.

I believe that something is out there. What it is exactly remains to be seen.

As for bones, teeth, etc. We don't know the intelligence level of such a creature. Assuming that they are real, maybe they bury their dead. Maybe they take precautions to stay hidden. It's not all that unusual with shy, retiring creatures, especially the ones that are primarily nocturnal. People hunt Whitetail deer season after season and never see one. In the past, I spent a lot of time in the great outdoors...and I've caught a glimpse of only one Bobcat. For all practical purposes, one could say that bats don't exist in this part of North Carolina. I haven't seen a bat around here in 15 years.

I've never seen a Sasquatch, nor anything that I could say that was maybe a Sasquatch. I have briefly caught wind of that awful stench that the witnesses say goes along with one in close proximity. It was there and gone in the span of 8-10 seconds. We scoured the area the next day, trying to find something...anything...that would explain it. Never found anything. Whatever made it was moving, and the underbrush was too thick to see a footprint of any kind.

So...I'm not quick to believe, but I'm open-minded enough to say...maybe.
Old 03-05-2013, 20:21   #26
Michael Rye

Bigfoot is believed by people who study it to be a descendant of sorts of Gigantopithecus. Gigantopithecus was believed to have been 8 to 12ft high. This does seem to square with the reported size descriptions people have offered in their accounts of their bigfoot sightings.

Here's where it gets interesting, though. Gigantopithecus is generally believed to have been a quadruped. There isn't 100% agreement on this, but that's the overall consensus.

If bigfoot is a descendant of Gigantopithecus, from a purely evolutionary stand point...it makes absolutely no sense that it went from being a quadruped to a biped.

Think about it. Bigfoot is believed to occupy primarily hilly and mountainous terrain. Bipedal locomotion would be a hinderance in environments like that. Those environments just wouldn't be conducive for evolving from getting around on all fours to standing upright and walking like we do. It just doesn't make sense.
Michael Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 20:37   #27
Dawolf

I was skeptical until i met Gover Krantz at a anthropology meeting. He showed some evidence that was very compelling indeed.
http://www.bigfoot-lives.com/html/grover_kranz.html
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 22:57   #28
Michael Rye

I am a little familiar with his writings.

But I keep coming back to the same problem. If bigfoot is a descendant of Gigantopithecus, there is no logical explanation for how it evolved from a quad to a bi. None. Not in that terrain anyway.

There's also no reason for it to have maintained its' girth. A creature that disproportionately large just wouldn't do well in such a heavily wooded and steep terrained environment.

Not saying it's impossible, just that it's unlikely in the extreme.
Michael Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:15   #29
Dawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rye View Post
I am a little familiar with his writings.

But I keep coming back to the same problem. If bigfoot is a descendant of Gigantopithecus, there is no logical explanation for how it evolved from a quad to a bi. None. Not in that terrain anyway.

There's also no reason for it to have maintained its' girth. A creature that disproportionately large just wouldn't do well in such a heavily wooded and steep terrained environment.

Not saying it's impossible, just that it's unlikely in the extreme.
Consider this:
http://www.3news.co.nz/Gorilla-walks...4/Default.aspx
http://www.unmuseum.org/bigape.htm
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22   #30
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Tagged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:41   #31
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
While working in the field I saw this huge 2 legged furry beast take a bite out of a moose's haunches like it was a KFC chicken leg, and then when it heard my camera clicking away, it dropped the moose and ran off into the trees, I was too skeered to give pursuit, but I did get some pics of its footprints it left in the snow:
The Furball Forum

And the moose.
The Furball Forum
Where is The pics he heard you clicking away at?
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05   #32
hunter won

New York had a Big Foot sighting that was covered on the History Channel, The show was called Monster Quest.
hunter won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 17:57   #33
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
New York had a Big Foot sighting that was covered on the History Channel, The show was called Monster Quest.

Cool. Where was it? Adirondacks, Catskills, Southern Tier, or the Bronx?
Old 03-09-2013, 17:21   #34
fortyofforty
Narcissist

Apparently no ammunition is good enough to nab a Sasquatch. My proof? No one has yet to shoot and kill a bigfoot.

As for me, I await more proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. By now I'd think at least one would be found by the side of a road, hit and killed by a car or big rig. Yet, not one such case exists. Even with story after story of drivers seeing Sasquatches crossing roads. That leads me to suspect it is nothing but a scary myth. Interesting, yes, but real? No.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
to save animals! Gun Rights are Civil Rights.
fortyofforty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 17:48   #35
2.0tspeed

With all the technology we have, we would of found him if he existed
2.0tspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 19:25   #36
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0tspeed View Post
With all the technology we have, we would of found him if he existed
the logical mind would think so.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 19:48   #37
Green Mountain Boy

I dont think we can claim to know everything about this world yet.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 21:04   #38
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyofforty View Post
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
this is all anybody can ask, yet what everybody should expect.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 21:56   #39
AsSeenOnTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime View Post
Where is The pics he heard you clicking away at?
Division of Homeland Security confiscated them from me. Apparently it was just Michelle Obama out for a stroll in the woods!
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 17:50   #40
Dawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
Division of Homeland Security confiscated them from me. Apparently it was just Michelle Obama out for a stroll in the woods!
An insult to all squatches.