SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:49   #1
caa

After market barrels in 30S

Mas,

A few days ago you answered a question about Lone Wolf 30SF barrels in the new 30S -- specifically that they will not fit.

How about Lone Wolf or any other after market barrel made for the G36? Will those fit the 30S?
caa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 22:14   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Sorry to take so long to answer your question. My understanding was that the 30S had a 36 barrel, but my own 30S is out to Robar for customizing and I couldn't confirm it.

At a GSSF match today I talked to a couple of Glock's master armorers, and they did indeed confirm that a G36 barrel is interchangeab le with a G30S barrel.

Obviously, Glock armorers speak only to Glock OEM parts, but I have no doubt that a barrel made by Lone Wolf to spec for a Glock 36 would work in a Glock 30S.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 15:16   #3
caa

Mas,

Thanks for looking and for the response. In the meantime I had talked to both Lone Wolf and KKM. KKM didn't know what I was talking about and asserted that Glock dropped the 36 as an essentially defective design, specifically having to do with ramp dimensions and chamber support and maybe chamber thickness. Lone Wolf was better informed about the existence of the 30S but had no then-current plans to make a barrel for the 30S and did not know if their 36 barrel would fit.

There's lots of discussion elsewhere on these forums about people's likes or dislikes about the 30S. I guess if it proves to be a popular model, the barrel makers will accommodate.

Thanks again.
caa is offline   Reply With Quote