Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:10   #1
SGT HATRED

Leupold deltapoint...

So I just picked up one of these for a very decent price but I have one problem and a few questions. Hopefully the GT brain trust can help me out.
1st the problem: The original owner kept the mounting screws. I've scowered the net looking for replacement screws but have come up short. Currently on gunbroker there is a mounting kit(with screws) for 49$. Which has 3 bids so it's most likely to sell for more and I just need the screws... I did contact leupold on thursday but have yet to hear from them. Anyone think they will send me a set?

Which brings me to my question: which of these mounts would you recommend for attaching the deltapoint to my ak 47/74?
A. http://ultimak.com/M1-b.htm

B. http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/...ategory_ID=448

C. http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/...ategory_ID=421

With option A the the sight would go on my 74 and I'd be done.
With option B I would have to put the sight on my 47 (since I already have the lower rail) and still have to buy A so I can transfer my red dot to the 74.
With option C the sight would go on my 74 however I've herd that this device is not as secure as A and B...

Any thoughts and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by SGT HATRED; 02-24-2013 at 09:13..
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:13   #2
SGT HATRED

Was just at cabelas and no help there. They did have lots of ammo in all calibers except 22. I bought 200 rounds of 7.62x39 for 80$
Old 02-26-2013, 09:26   #3
SGT HATRED

Well it looks like option A. I just won my first gunbroker auction. An acr2 to go along with the ultimak. Now if I could just get some mounting screws...
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53   #4
NDCent
Socially Inept

If it's a 3.5 moa dot, I'd be interested if you decide not to keep it.

From the sound of it you have the reflex sight and the cross slot (picatinny) mount? The 50 dollar mounting kit should include every mount Leupold makes for the sight, including the cross mount, and the 10 other current handgun mounts. If you do have the cross mount (which you'll need for the sight to attach to a picatinny rail) all you should need are the (2) M4 x 0.7mm torx screws. There are also a couple screws used with the S&W revolver mount (2) 6-48 x .295 torx screws, but they are only used for that specific mount-firearm combination.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01   #5
SGT HATRED

Thanks for the info. Yes it is the 3.5 and yes I do plan on keeping it. I do have the mount for the picatinny rail and that's it. I'm sure that's why I got it so cheap, but thats ok because I bought it for my ak and nothing else. But again I'm not really looking to spend 50$ on 2 tiny screws. Do you know if the m4x0.7 mm screws are available at say; my local hardware store?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:15   #6
NDCent
Socially Inept

Try a google on that size torx screws...I found a couple references but you probably need the head taper type. Give this delta point .pdf a look at I found, too, you could always blow up and print off the screw and have a machinist have a look at it. http://www.leupold.com/wp-content/up...ual.pdf?9d7bd4

ETA: I'd hammer customer service until I got a live person, I would think they would gladly send you a couple on their dime.

Last edited by NDCent; 02-26-2013 at 11:18..
NDCent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16   #7
SGT HATRED

Wow great guys at leupold! Even though they never E-Mailed me back, I just got off the phone with one of their tech guys. I even told him that the sight was purchased used and the original owner kept the screws. All he asked for was my name number and address so they can ship me a set free of charge! Well they also wanted to know what kind of gun it wa going on...