Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-11-2013, 19:08   #21
collim1
Shower Time!

Promag is garbage, their AR15 mags are especially bad. My sister bought a Promag 20rd for her M&P15 without knowing better and its by far the worst magazine I have ever seen.

Its not even useable for the range.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 19:23   #22
Seven High

Remember the USA brand magazines from several years ago? Promag is the 2013 version. Don't waste your money.
Seven High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:31   #23
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrotx1 View Post
Friends don't let friends buy promag. Bottom line.
Yep.

My friend called from a gun show last year. He bought his first 1911 and asked what mags are good. I told him pretty much anything except ProMag was fine
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 00:26   #24
tilefish

I typically stick with factory mags for all of my guns. With that said, I am not thrilled with Kahr mags. The K9 is my favorite pistol, beautiful, well made, accurate, reliable etc... but the mags suck. I don't know why, but the like to spit rounds out if not in a pouch or the gun itself. Put a loaded mag in your pocket, take a walk around the block and you will have a pocket full of 9mm and an empty mag lol.

There is just something weird about the design but I think they have some kind of tweak/fix over on KahrTalk. I will have to look into it one of these days. If I can fix the bulimic mags, and replace the crappy plastic base plates, the gun will be 100% perfect in my view.
tilefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 17:48   #25
ZombieJoe

That sucks! I have never had any problems with any of my factory mags. Do all of yours do that?

100% agree on the K9. Ill be a Kahr owner for life!

Last edited by ZombieJoe; 02-12-2013 at 17:49..
ZombieJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 19:17   #26
badge315

I bought a ProMag hi-cap magazine for my wife's Sig P228 during the last AWB and it was utter garbage from day one. OTOH, I have three ProMag 10-rounders for my Para-Ordnance P14 that function flawlessly. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

But I agree with others that as a general rule, the only decent after-market pistol magazines (other than for 1911s) are Mec-Gar. Otherwise stick to factory mags.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13   #27
ZombieJoe

This thread reminds me of some thing my HVAC instructor would always say when he would talk to us about buying our tools. He is hard worker who came to the states from the USSR. In a think Russian accent he would say "in Russia we are to poor to buy cheap."

My intended use was for range time but if the product is that bad why save $10 to throw away $20?

Last edited by ZombieJoe; 02-13-2013 at 03:14..
ZombieJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 16:52   #28
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieJoe View Post
This thread reminds me of some thing my HVAC instructor would always say when he would talk to us about buying our tools. He is hard worker who came to the states from the USSR. In a think Russian accent he would say "in Russia we are to poor to buy cheap."

My intended use was for range time but if the product is that bad why save $10 to throw away $20?
That is excellent advice.

Back during the last ban Glock magazines were running about 80 bucks used for my gun of choice.

Midway had some Promag 17 round preban magazines for the Glock 17. They were full metal lined, and polymer on the outside. They cost about 30 bucks a piece.

I bought four of them and couldn't get a single one to function reliably. Four new Glock followers were ordered at about about 3 bucks a piece. Still no joy.... Then extra power Wolff springs were ordered, and about 8 bucks a piece.

I had about 164 bucks wrapped up in these pieces of crap, that I could have just bought a couple factory full cap magazines that worked.

After the ban ended I started buying magazines in spades.
I will never waste money on cheap junk again.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote