SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:47   #1
purrrfect 10

Goverment Taking your guns

Do you think it is possible the government will take our guns like they did in Australia and destroy them all?

I just can't picture a couple vans pulling up in front of my house 8- 15 swat dressed men coming down my drive, knocking on the door saying we are here to search and take all you guns.

Could this ever happen? Your thoughts.

Why is HL security buying so much ammo?

I heard they are building concentration camps in every state, is this true?
I'm in the best condition I possibly can be ~ being in this condition...
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59   #2
CMG

There are more armed men in the woods on opening day of deer season than there are police officers in this country. For a very good reason.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:03   #3
moonwilson

They wouldn't do it that way at first. They'd make you register the guns first, then slowly declare different types of guns illegal, make it a felony to possess them, and give amnesty for a certain period if you turn your scary guns in on time. Eventually, when almost everything will be a felony to possess, most law-abiding citizens will have turned in their guns. That way they'll only have to roll on the die-hard "criminals" with SWAT teams.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09   #4
uncledoodoo

Every time I hear a lib saying "they're not coming for your guns you so-and-so..." I can't help but laugh at their complete lack of knowledge of not only history, but current, modern nations (England and Australia in particular).
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11   #5
moonwilson

Basically they'll do exactly what they're already doing in New York, California, New Jersey etc. It's already happening. The most liberal states will go first, and the madness will spread to the rest of the country. If we let it.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:14   #6
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

[QUOTE=purrrfect 10;19982671

I heard they are building concentration camps in every state, is this true? [/QUOTE]

Yes, it's an Obama shovel-ready work project.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19   #7
carbuncle
is not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwilson View Post
They wouldn't do it that way at first. They'd make you register the guns first, then slowly declare different types of guns illegal, make it a felony to possess them, and give amnesty for a certain period if you turn your scary guns in on time. Eventually, when almost everything will be a felony to possess, most law-abiding citizens will have turned in their guns. That way they'll only have to roll on the die-hard "criminals" with SWAT teams.
This, look into the future if we allow it to happen.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19   #8
BBSRQ

I'm far from a 'paranoid gun nut' who believes the government is going to become totalitarian and confiscate guns. But, after seeing this video, I have to admit that anyone who denies the possibility that it could happen here is missing the point. It already has happened here and who knows if there will be a next time?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:22   #9
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Of course it can happen. It has already happened in New Orleans as shown in the video above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
|
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50   #10
jb1911

The government isn't taking my guns. Not while I'm alive anyway.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51   #11
Bob Hafler

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfect 10 View Post
Do you think it is possible the government will take our guns like they did in Australia and destroy them all?

I just can't picture a couple vans pulling up in front of my house 8- 15 swat dressed men coming down my drive, knocking on the door saying we are here to search and take all you guns.

Could this ever happen? Your thoughts.

Why is HL security buying so much ammo?

I heard they are building concentration camps in every state, is this true?
No I do not. Don't get caught up in all the he said, she said my neighbor said BS.. The gov't does not want to get into a war with it's own people. They have much bigger fish to fry. What there doing right now is taking a whole lot of SH** and throwing it against the wall and seeing what they can make stick. In the end it will be next to nothing as there are more than a few states not turning there backs on your second ammendment rights.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00   #12
21GlockStreet

There are close to 100,000,000 gun owners in the U.S. Watching the panic of the California law enforcement "comunity" caused by one armed individual makes me wonder. What would happen if only1% of gun owners resist confiscation?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05   #13
fuzzy03cls

Quote:
Do you think it is possible the government will take our guns
Not by force. This isn't 1994. The amount of guns civilians own as well has ammo is factors above what it was then. The US doesn't have the manpower or the resources to forcefully take weapons. Many LEO's & even military folks would not turn their guns on innocent civilian populations willingly.
If it's going to get done it will be by laws made to ban then in stages over a period of time.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06   #14
moonwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21GlockStreet View Post
There are close to 100,000,000 gun owners in the U.S. Watching the panic of the California law enforcement "comunity" caused by one armed individual makes me wonder. What would happen if only1% of gun owners resist confiscation?
I believe it was only about 1% of the American population that took up arms against the British during the American Revolution.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15   #15
Revvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
Not by force. This isn't 1994. The amount of guns civilians own as well has ammo is factors above what it was then. The US doesn't have the manpower or the resources to forcefully take weapons. Many LEO's & even military folks would not turn their guns on innocent civilian populations willingly.
If it's going to get done it will be by laws made to ban then in stages over a period of time.
The number of guns and amount of ammo isn't really what concerns me. The backbone, bravery, and determination of Americans is where my concern is. Would most fold or stand up and fight?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-13-2013, 09:24   #16
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMG View Post
There are more armed men in the woods on opening day of deer season than there are police officers in this country. For a very good reason.
FUDDs wouldn't fight back.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38   #17
moonwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
The number of guns and amount of ammo isn't really what concerns me. The backbone, bravery, and determination of Americans is where my concern is. Would most fold or stand up and fight?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Most will fold. A few will stand up and fight. The recent Chris Dorner events give a pretty good illustration of how folks who stand up and fight will be treated by the media and police. Those sort of stories will become more and more common, and police methods for dealing with them will become more and more effective. Keyboard commandos who proclaim "from my cold dead hands" have that to look forward to. Once you make the decision to behave like a criminal, you will be treated as a criminal. It won't be fun or easy or glamorous. Folks who resist will be publicly humiliated, their families will be shamed and harassed. Lives will be ruined, and you will in all likelihood be killed.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38   #18
burttrans

Don't kid yourselves guys just like in the video in New Orleans there are many situations that could arise where people would just hand their guns over. I would like to think I never would but if armed law enforcement are at your house you would be more concerned with the safetly of wife and kids and therefore would just give your guns up.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47   #19
Bobbj22

Over 65,000,000 background checks were reported in 0's first term. That's 91% more than GWB's first term. People didn't buy them so they could give them away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55   #20
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21GlockStreet View Post
There are close to 100,000,000 gun owners in the U.S. Watching the panic of the California law enforcement "community" caused by one armed individual makes me wonder. What would happen if only1% of gun owners resist confiscation?
EXACTLY!!!!!

A single person who's identity is known; what about even 100,000 unknowns striking from the shadows and then disapearing. That is exactly use of commando raids and guerrilla fighters in conventional warfare, it is not the damage they do, it is the number of enemy forces they tie up in defense.

Every cop/national guardsman has neighbors who know who he is; while they are out visiting our homes and families; we will need to visit theirs It does not require a toe to toe battle, just look at Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last edited by F350; 02-13-2013 at 09:57..

Closed Thread