Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2013, 19:44   #1
WoodenPlank
Who?

I love when the Big Brown Truck arrives...

Big Brown Truck brought me a fun box today...

Black Rifle Forum

I wonder what's inside...

Black Rifle Forum

Hmm... more?

Black Rifle Forum

Still more?!

Black Rifle Forum

Aha! That's what I was looking for. This should fit nicely with my new Leupold. Speaking of...

Black Rifle Forum

Booyah!

Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x rifle scope in a LaRue LT-104 / SPR 1.5 mount, sitting on top of my 16" mid length AR-15.

As usual, LaRue makes top-of-the-line kit. It didn't take much to get the scope mounted and balanced, then get the eye relief dialed in the way I wanted. I'll be off to the range with both my 16" middy and my 10.5" SBR to run the new glass through it's paces, so I will update this thread once I have done so.
Old 02-19-2013, 20:13   #2
Cole125
Silver Membership

LaRue always hooks it up!

You did the same thing I did to my PSA upper, got rid of their stupid logo. I got pissed off just looking at it so it had to go.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 20:19   #3
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
LaRue always hooks it up!

You did the same thing I did to my PSA upper, got rid of their stupid logo. I got pissed off just looking at it so it had to go.
I was tired of looking at the white logo. I'm a fan of contrast safety markings, though, so I did the silver fill on them.

Ill be on the range either tomorrow or Thursday (probably tomorrow), so we will see how things go. I still have the photos from shooting my 10.5" SBR at 300 with the old Aimpoint a while back, so comparing that to any group I get with the Leupold could be interesting.

Now if only LaRue would get some more T-1's in, and could ship my Micro already.
Old 02-19-2013, 20:43   #4
m2hmghb

Personally I prefer the fire position to be in red. Looks nice, I bet you'll be having fun at the range soon.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 20:48   #5
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
Personally I prefer the fire position to be in red. Looks nice, I bet you'll be having fun at the range soon.
I didn't have a red paint pen handy...
Old 02-19-2013, 20:52   #6
bigmoney890

Wow, Larue sent you all that stuff with just a mount purchase?!? No wonder everyone loves them. I just wish i could afford a complete Larue rifle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:00   #7
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Wow, Larue sent you all that stuff with just a mount purchase?!? No wonder everyone loves them. I just wish i could afford a complete Larue rifle
That's pretty typical for a LaRue purchase. I'm glad I got one of the snipers bumper stickers, as the one on my car is really badly faded and peeling, and needs to be replaced.
Old 02-19-2013, 21:10   #8
bigmoney890

I can only hope my upper contains some of the same goodies. I'd love that "Extremely Rightwing" sticker. And mabye a dillo for the garage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bigmoney890; 02-19-2013 at 21:13..
Old 02-19-2013, 21:24   #9
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
I can only hope my upper contains some of the same goodies. I'd love that "Extremely Rightwing" sticker. And mabye a dillo for the garage.
You'll probably get them, and a little more. The dillo dust is pretty good on steaks, too.
Old 02-19-2013, 21:27   #10
Made in Austria

Sweet
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:31   #11
WoodenPlank
Who?

Here's how it looks parked on my 10.5" SBR

Black Rifle Forum
Old 02-19-2013, 21:36   #12
K. Foster

Looking forward to the review!
Old 02-19-2013, 21:38   #13
bigmoney890

What kind of accuracy are you getting with your SBR before the scope addition?

Old 02-19-2013, 22:00   #14
Ruggles

Yeah LaRue like to stuff those boxes with all kinds of loot. I use that little Dillo bottle opener daily
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:16   #15
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
What kind of accuracy are you getting with your SBR before the scope addition?
Here's a previous thread I started here with that same SBR and my old Aimpoint Comp M2 at 300 yards.

I was also consistently making head shots on those same silhouettes at 200 yards with that same Aimpoint and a Primary Arms 3x magnifier, and that was using Tula ammo. So, 6-8" groups at 200 yards with crappy Russian ammo and a 10.5" barrel isn't too shabby, IMO.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33   #16
bigmoney890

Looks good, Plank. I was wondering what kind of accuracy and range I could be expecting. I don't want to have any gaps in my arsenal, so to speak.

Old 02-20-2013, 18:02   #17
USMCsilver
Boat Life ©

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
I was tired of looking at the white logo. I'm a fan of contrast safety markings, though, so I did the silver fill on them.
What product did you use?

I've used red/white china markers in the past. Nearly 10 years on a pair, and the coloring is still there pretty darn good.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 18:13   #18
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
What product did you use?

I've used red/white china markers in the past. Nearly 10 years on a pair, and the coloring is still there pretty darn good.
Just a generic silver pain pen from walmart. Dabbed the tip on the markings until the lettering was completely filled in, then let it dry. Once that was done. I took a small cloth that I had gotten wet with Powder Blast and gently rubbed the surface down, which stripped the paint off the surface. The recessed lettering was untouched, leaving them filled in with silver paint.
Old 02-20-2013, 18:16   #19
USMCsilver
Boat Life ©

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Just a generic silver pain pen from walmart. Dabbed the tip on the markings until the lettering was completely filled in, then let it dry. Once that was done. I took a small cloth that I had gotten wet with Powder Blast and gently rubbed the surface down, which stripped the paint off the surface. The recessed lettering was untouched, leaving them filled in with silver paint.
Like, in the arts and crafts section, automotive, or model paint?

Got the pen laying around? Can you share the brand?

I may try paint on my next fills.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 18:19   #20
m2hmghb

I use crayon silver, you can heat the receiver with a blow dryer and then the crayon will melt into it easier, then just buff the excess off.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote