GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:07   #1
slowgoat

Any suggestions for flower delivery for Thu?

I have had mixed experiences with ordering flowers for Valentine's Day with FTD and 1800flowers. I can't remember who burned me. How have all you fellas delivered flowers to your ladies with success? And have any of you been burned with no delivery? Thanks for the input!

Last edited by slowgoat; 02-09-2013 at 10:12..
slowgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46   #2
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Not much you can do other than use a local florist, and since you didn't fill out your location, we can't be of much help.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:55   #3
Restless28

I placed an order on ProFlowers and got a 20% discount and guaranteed delivery on 2/14. I used them last year and the wife loved the roses and vase. They lasted a long time.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18   #4
slowgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
Not much you can do other than use a local florist, and since you didn't fill out your location, we can't be of much help.
She's not local, it's long distance for now, but she is worth it. She's in Charlotte, NC.

Thanks for helping clarify the post. Good stuff.

I figured I could use a national company worst case scenario.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18   #5
slowgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
I placed an order on ProFlowers and got a 20% discount and guaranteed delivery on 2/14. I used them last year and the wife loved the roses and vase. They lasted a long time.
Thanks for the input!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26   #6
686Owner
NRA Life Member

I believe 1800flowers uses a local florist. Looks like Proflowers might ship their own.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:32   #7
RonS

Go local. Go in person. You will get between 1 1/2 - 2x the quality over what you get with an online service.

The last time I bought flowers (a live arrangement) for my wife the girl gave me a dozen roses because "These are a little past their prime and it is a slow day, take these home so they don't go to waste." They lasted several days at full bloom. Stuff like that happens when you do business with people and form a relationship other than, "Sign in to turn on one click ordering."
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36   #8
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoat View Post
I have had mixed experiences with ordering flowers for Valentine's Day with FTD and 1800flowers. I can't remember who burned me. How have all you fellas delivered flowers to your ladies with success? And have any of you been burned with no delivery? Thanks for the input!
I've always assumed better (and likely cheaper) service from local florists. For various occasions, I have just used Google Maps to search for florists nearby. Call 'em up and talk to a real live person at the actual neighborhood shop. Seems more reliable to eliminate the middle man.
AirCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 13:53   #9
RDW
BTDT

Pro Flowers, and use the Promo code "RUSH."
Formerly Posted as "Big Dawg #383" (10/2000)
Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.
RDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:05   #10
slowgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
Go local. Go in person. You will get between 1 1/2 - 2x the quality over what you get with an online service.

The last time I bought flowers (a live arrangement) for my wife the girl gave me a dozen roses because "These are a little past their prime and it is a slow day, take these home so they don't go to waste." They lasted several days at full bloom. Stuff like that happens when you do business with people and form a relationship other than, "Sign in to turn on one click ordering."
Can't go in person. I like the idea of calling a local shop. It's in the city though so I can't guarantee honesty.