Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:12   #1
donmor53

Maybe things are looking up now...

I just walked into my LGS and saw that they had a fresh supply of some Glock mags (22s and 31s).

I always like the 22s in my 23 when I want extra capacity so I picked up a couple for $22 each. Now I'm all magged up for a while..

The owner said he expecting a shipment of Glocks any day now.

Last edited by donmor53; 02-08-2013 at 12:18..
donmor53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24   #2
sweetsdream

I was in one of my LGS on Tuesday this week and they were pretty stocked with most everything. I was picking up a S&W 360 .38 while another guy was buying two ARs. Wheel gun section was full, HKs were stocked, 1911s etc. I didn't see too many Glocks but they did have a big selection of magazines. When I looked of to the "tactical" section I saw a fair amount of ARs and AKs hanging on the wall. The guy ringing me up said it's been fairly slow for the last two weeks.

Tom

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
sweetsdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:34   #3
FnKev

Same around here. One LGS has 4 noveskes on the wall and a few sigs. Now if I can only find a gen 4 g19 at a good price!

FnKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:35   #4
donmor53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsdream View Post
I was in one of my LGS on Tuesday this week and they were pretty stocked with most everything. I was picking up a S&W 360 .38 while another guy was buying two ARs. Wheel gun section was full, HKs were stocked, 1911s etc. I didn't see too many Glocks but they did have a big selection of magazines. When I looked of to the "tactical" section I saw a fair amount of ARs and AKs hanging on the wall. The guy ringing me up said it's been fairly slow for the last two weeks.

Tom

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
My guy is really specialized to tactical weapons and gear and has managed this whole mess with a steady supply of handguns. Glocks and some models of Springfields have been hard to get and dribble in on occasion. Same with the occasional AR. They just don't last long... Surprisingly he's had a couple of AK pistols that have lasted much longer than I would have thought though but...his clentele is not the usual AK crowd by any means.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39   #5
donmor53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnKev View Post
Same around here. One LGS has 4 noveskes on the wall and a few sigs. Now if I can only find a gen 4 g19 at a good price!
Good luck on the 19. Unfortunately i have a buddy that has decided that NOW he needs either the 23 or 27 he's been talking about buying for the last two years.

Unless you're lucky enough to be at a shop when they are unpacked after the UPS delivery...good luck finding either one at a reasonable price around here.
Old 02-08-2013, 13:04   #6
ScottieG59

I see more Glock mags showing up. The 9 mm stuff still sells out quickly. Also, there are still limitations of how many magazines and ammo people may purchase. 22 LR never stays in stock long.

The country is also close to a major economic catastrophe that will negatively impact millions. I expect several impacted will be violent nut cases with a grudge.
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:21   #7
FnKev

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmor53 View Post
Good luck on the 19. Unfortunately i have a buddy that has decided that NOW he needs either the 23 or 27 he's been talking about buying for the last two years.

Unless you're lucky enough to be at a shop when they are unpacked after the UPS delivery...good luck finding either one at a reasonable price around here.
Thankfully I don't need one. I just want a second one ill get lucky one of these days. Haha. I have a friend similar to yours who's just now trying to get things I've been telling him to buy since last years. It's rather amusing.

FnKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:28   #8
tonyparson

One of my local gun shops just put out a new Gen 4 G26 for $619.00
Old 02-08-2013, 19:15   #9
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmor53 View Post
I just walked into my LGS and saw that they had a fresh supply of some Glock mags (22s and 31s).

I always like the 22s in my 23 when I want extra capacity so I picked up a couple for $22 each. Now I'm all magged up for a while..

The owner said he expecting a shipment of Glocks any day now.
Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:58   #10
Scrappy

Guns, ammo and mags dried up around me
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:51   #11
FLAHOTROD

That's good news about gun availability. How about ammo? Not seeing any in my area, yet.

Florida Glocker #112, S&W #112, Ruger #112a, Rimfire #112, SNS #112
FLAHOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:54   #12
TomAiello

Ammo is coming back into stock here. Local store has bulk .22, bulk .40 and premium defensive ammo 9, .357, .40 and .45.

Still waiting on bulk .223 and 9 (which were the fastest movers in these parts), but I bet those will come back fairly soon too.
TomAiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:59   #13
FLAHOTROD

Thanks, TomAiello. Good to hear.

Florida Glocker #112, S&W #112, Ruger #112a, Rimfire #112, SNS #112
FLAHOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 22:56   #14
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
Damn that seems a bit high
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 23:28   #15
tilefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnKev View Post
Ha! I have been trying to find one at any price. I am in the Charlotte area of North Carolina and Glocks have become scarce. The Gen 4s anyway, I see a few Gen 3s around

Quote:
Under the circumstances, I would pay that right now if I could find a Gen 4 G19 or G26. None of the gun stores will even let you get on a list or pre-pay. They get a few in and then they disappear. I would feel better if I could at least get on a list somewhere...

There is one place around here that sells them for $599 and another that sells them for $629. I will buy from whichever can put both a G26 and G19 in my hands first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
Ammo is coming back into stock here. Local store has bulk .22, bulk .40 and premium defensive ammo 9, .357, .40 and .45.

Still waiting on bulk .223 and 9 (which were the fastest movers in these parts), but I bet those will come back fairly soon too.
We are starting to see the ammo come back. For a few weeks both .22 and 9mm were unobtainable. Thankfully I had a some and was able to get by.

Last edited by tilefish; 02-08-2013 at 23:29..
tilefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 23:32   #16
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilefish View Post
Ha! I have been trying to find one at any price. I am in the Charlotte area of North Carolina and Glocks have become scarce. The Gen 4s anyway, I see a few Gen 3s around

Under the circumstances, I would pay that right now if I could find a Gen 4 G19 or G26. None of the gun stores will even let you get on a list or pre-pay. They get a few in and then they disappear. I would feel better if I could at least get on a list somewhere...

There is one place around here that sells them for $599 and another that sells them for $629. I will buy from whichever can put both a G26 and G19 in my hands first.

We are starting to see the ammo come back. For a few weeks both .22 and 9mm were unobtainable. Thankfully I had a some and was able to get by.
If you want this one I'm sure they would ship it to your local gun shop.
Old 02-09-2013, 00:17   #17
tilefish

Quote:
If you want this one I'm sure they would ship it to your local gun shop.
Where/what store? If my LGS can't get me a gen4 G26 and G19 in the next couple of weeks, I gonna have to order from somewhere.
tilefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 00:39   #18
Pepiot

50 bucks in my lgs for used glock magazines, very disappointed today.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51   #19
roger123

I'm seeing some things come back around here. One of our LGS has a good supply of bulk ammo, prices are much higher then pre-hysteria. I reload so I'm not sure exactly how much but at least they have it.

Gun counter is really bare on Glocks, and other small semi-autos. They have a good selection of 1911's and some Sigs. I see some mags on the wall but I'm not really in the market as I've been buying those as see them for the last few years.

They've never had a good selection of revolvers and still don't. Long gun shelf is bare, they always had a good supply of black rifles and shotguns, now they have close to nothing.

The issue for me is no powder or primers. I have a good supply but I was always buying a pound a month as well as a brick of primers. No longer able to do that so I'm shooting up my supplies. With what I shoot weekly I probably have a years supply so I have some time to weather the storm.

Last edited by roger123; 02-09-2013 at 05:53..
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31   #20
NITE SITE 53

Two weeks before Sandy Hook I purchased my Glock Gen 4 19. The salesman at my LGS was a retired State Trooper. He mentioned that I should stock up on mags. When I got home, first thing I did was order 3 extra mags for the 19. So now I have 6 mags for the Glock 19 & 6 mags each for my H&K P2000, Sig 226, Sig SP2022. Also ordered extra mags for my Sig 522 rifle. Glad I took his advise.
NITE SITE 53 is offline   Reply With Quote