Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:34   #1
DOC44

Ex-ATF agents recall storm of gunfire in deadly 1993 Waco raid

Ex-ATF agents recall storm of gunfire in deadly 1993 Waco raid

Waving the bloody shirt.

Next they will be reliving Ruby Ridge........... NOT.

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-atf-agents-...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Doc44
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43   #2
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

We're way beyond that Waco thing and that Ruby Ridge thing...Obama and Holder would just drone 'em---WHOOSH-BANG!

No problemo.
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49   #3
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
We're way beyond that Waco thing and that Ruby Ridge thing...Obama and Holder would just drone 'em---WHOOSH-BANG!

No problemo.
My reaction to this article at this time is to show how dangerous it is to allow "the people" to have guns to protect them and their family for what they consider an attack on their rights.

Gun control would have prevented these agents from being injured in the protection of their country.

To me it is another cheap shot from the pro gun control administration and other dumba**es.

ATF out gunned??

Political Issues

Doc44

Last edited by DOC44; 02-08-2013 at 08:54..
DOC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43   #4
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
My reaction to this article at this time is to show how dangerous it is to allow "the people" to have guns to protect them and their family for what they consider an attack on their rights.

Gun control would have prevented these agents from being injured in the protection of their country.

To me it is another cheap shot from the pro gun control administration and other dumba**es.

ATF out gunned??

Political Issues

Doc44
ATF ran out of ammo. I guess they were outgunned.

The FBI on the other hand...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54   #5
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

This and Ruby Ridge are a very poignant memory for me.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11   #6
engineer151515

When a " a normal day in law enforcement" becomes:

Quote:
"We were going to go in there, we were going to kick a little bootie, then we were going to ease out and be home before noon. . . .
there is something fundamentally wrong with the associated law enforcement agency from the top down.

This is not a game. It is not a sport. They were there to enforce a search warrant, arrest Koresh and confiscate illegal automatic weapons. Yet the initial crew thought it would be a kick-bootie party.

Quote:
Lessons from the failed raid have led to sharp improvements in medical care, training, planning and the increased use of snipers,
If these were the lessons learned from a 50 day siege than ended with the use of National Guard tanks and 76 dead, I'd say the correct lessons may not have been learned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege
Quote:
Other reports claim the first shots were fired by the ATF "dog team" sent to kill the dogs in the Davidian kennel
Yeah.. This was going to be an ugly day from the start.
So glad Janet Reno took full responsibility for this fiasco. That resulted in . . . . nothing. Just like Hillary's recent claim of responsibility for safety at Benghazi. Meaningless swill.

Last edited by engineer151515; 02-08-2013 at 10:19..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:27   #7
CAcop

It is coming up on the 20th anniversary. It is probably not a part of a grand scheme.

Whatever happened at Waco the lessons were applied to other groups. Does anyone remember the names of the two groups where federal agents essentially installed chain link fencing around a compound and waited for them to come out?

Didn't think so because it doesn't give you any hate fuel.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:02   #8
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
It is coming up on the 20th anniversary. It is probably not a part of a grand scheme.

Whatever happened at Waco the lessons were applied to other groups. Does anyone remember the names of the two groups where federal agents essentially installed chain link fencing around a compound and waited for them to come out?

Maybe we should hunt down Janet Reno and ask her (in honor of the anniversary and all) WTF was her hurry?!?

What drove her blood lust to the limit?!?
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:02   #9
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:

One was up in New England, I think. The dentist and his wife? They were tax protestors or Sovereigns (or some offshoot of those movements), if I remember correctly.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-08-2013, 13:54   #10
engineer151515

Quote:

Actually, I'd phrase it as "it doesn't give [me] any complaints about abuse of power, over-reaches of authority or cases of inconsequential acceptance of responsibility".

I don't think for one minute that you believe me (personally) to possess some fundamental dislike for LEO's. The circumstances where I direct criticism usually fall in a pretty severe category - such as the Katrina gun grab (which did not include all LEO but certainly included NOLA Chief of Police).

Quite frankly, many Americans could not believe what we were watching when the tanks/engineering vehicles showed up at WACO.

Last edited by engineer151515; 02-08-2013 at 13:55..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 14:24   #11
CitizenOfDreams

20 years later, some people still believe the LE will not shoot their fellow citizens when ordered to.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:47   #12
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
This is not a game. It is not a sport. They were there to enforce a search warrant, arrest Koresh and confiscate illegal automatic weapons. Yet the initial crew thought it would be a kick-bootie party.
Was it ever proven that they had illegally converted their weapons to fully automatic instead of just using those Hellfire triggers? I know it doesn't matter for MSM reporting, I'm just curious.
Old 02-08-2013, 18:20   #13
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

WACO...........one of the first parties thrown by the guv'
ment with mantra: "it's for the children".
Old 02-08-2013, 18:22   #14
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post

No problemo.
Why am I laughing? It's so true.
itstime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:22   #15
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Was it ever proven that they had illegally converted their weapons to fully automatic instead of just using those Hellfire triggers? I know it doesn't matter for MSM reporting, I'm just curious.

Yeah I never did read how many M2s, M60s, claymors, and LAWs were recovered.
Old 02-10-2013, 00:02   #16
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
Yeah I never did read how many M2s, M60s, claymors, and LAWs were recovered.

Pfffffffffft................. They haven't even mentioned any select-fire rifles.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote