SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:04   #341
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

hes had help to get out of the country...

i mentioned in other threads that he will cross into mexico and come back when he wants to.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
Old 02-12-2013, 12:05   #342
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
There were signs, assuming he is not lying in his rant.

He is violent in situations that don't call for violence:

(1) In first grade he kicked and punched another for calling him the N-word. And he continued the same violence through high school. Yeah, a physical reaction would be very understandable, but this shows a pattern.

(2) While in the academy, in a large van, 2 other officers (cadets?) were talking about (N-word)s. Dorner told them to stop, and they responded they would do it whenever they liked. (They apparently were not referring to Dorner.)

According to Dorner, he went over the front seat, and other officers, to grab the offending idiot by the throat, leading to what sounds like a mêlée in the van.
(He says he should have just shot him in the head.)

This second thing, if true, shows a worsening pattern of violence and the lack of self control, and maybe even the thoughts of committing murder.

Inappropriate behavior in that setting - there are others ways of dealing with it. Especially when still in the Academy.

At this point, assuming all is true, I would have dismissed Dorner from the Academy, and black-balled him from law enforcement. He did not have sufficient self-control to handle life as a street cop. (And taken serious action against the other two, up to dismissal, depending on what actually was being said.)

His actions now bear that opinion out.
This is a cultural issue. Minorities and White people see racism differently. Being call an N****r is to black people is some of the most disrepectful things you can do. You may not feel that the violence was called for but a lot of black people would disagree. If you had called someone a n****r in my old neighborhood, you getting an ass kicking was the least of your concerns.

It also shows you the amount of racism that minorities have to deal with. People think just because America voted in a black president racism is over. Minorities know different. Also, it is unrealistic to think that there was no corruption or racism in any PD.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:26   #343
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Speed View Post
This is a cultural issue. Minorities and White people see racism differently. Being call an N****r is to black people is some of the most disrepectful things you can do. You may not feel that the violence was called for but a lot of black people would disagree. If you had called someone a n****r in my old neighborhood, you getting an ass kicking was the least of your concerns.

It also shows you the amount of racism that minorities have to deal with. People think just because America voted in a black president racism is over. Minorities know different. Also, it is unrealistic to think that there was no corruption or racism in any PD.
So, if you show the bottom of your shoe to a Muslim, they are justified in beating you up?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36   #344
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
So, if you show the bottom of your shoe to a Muslim, they are justified in beating you up?

I don't know if showing them the bottom of your shoe has a similar meaning and history as the N-word. But if it does....probably so. You ask a Muslim how he feels about it after you do it. If in 30 seconds you're still standing upright it may not bother him. If he knocks you on your behind you know not to do it again.

Show people the respect you'd want and you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Last edited by Low_Speed; 02-12-2013 at 12:42..
Old 02-12-2013, 12:52   #345
RussP

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Quote:
I don't know if showing them the bottom of your shoe has a similar meaning and history as the N-word. But if it does....probably so. You ask a Muslim how he feels about it after you do it. If in 30 seconds you're still standing upright it may not bother him. If he knocks you on your behind you know not to do it again.

Guys, I think this is getting a little, teeny, tiny bit too far afield...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-12-2013 at 12:54..
Old 02-12-2013, 13:01   #346
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
hes had help to get out of the country...

i mentioned in other threads that he will cross into mexico and come back when he wants to.
That's impossible. Our borders are locked up tighter than madonna's chastity belt.

Oh, wait........

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
Old 02-12-2013, 13:02   #347
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Generally a good idea, unless you come across somebody who's looking to be offended.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Old 02-12-2013, 13:12   #348
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Generally a good idea, unless you come across somebody who's looking to be offended.
True. We have Rev. Jackson and Sharpton that have made a career out of it. Thing is the reason that they have a career in the first place is that they didn't have far to look.
Old 02-12-2013, 13:24   #349
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Feinstein and Boxer Ask Californians to Lay Down Their Weapons During Statewide Manhunt

(PP)- As an ex-Los Angeles police officer killed three people and went on a deadly shooting rampage in a vendetta to punish those he attributed for his firing, California Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer pleaded for calm, and asked both law enforcement and civilians to lay down their weapons.

http://www.palookavillepost.com/2013...ewide-manhunt/

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-12-2013, 13:24   #350
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
True. We have Rev. Jackson and Sharpton that have made a career out of it. Thing is the reason that they have a career in the first place is that they didn't have far to look.

Using a word knowing how it effects a group of people, you have to know that you are going to get a reaction out of them. There are consequences.

All I'm saying is that the incidents that was brought up about Dorner's past mean nothing except that he was unwilling to take abuse and mistreatment from anyone.

Like I said before, I'm not justifying what he has done but there was a whole lot that could have been done to prevent this.
Old 02-12-2013, 13:29   #351
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Feinstein and Boxer Ask Californians to Lay Down Their Weapons During Statewide Manhunt

(PP)- As an ex-Los Angeles police officer killed three people and went on a deadly shooting rampage in a vendetta to punish those he attributed for his firing, California Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer pleaded for calm, and asked both law enforcement and civilians to lay down their weapons.

All I have to say is wow! This almost seems like an article from the Onion. This can't be real.
Old 02-12-2013, 13:32   #352
Green Mountain Boy

What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post

For the love of god.

NECC #64
Old 02-12-2013, 14:05   #353
RussP

Quote:

Using a word knowing how it effects a group of people, you have to know that you are going to get a reaction out of them. There are consequences.

All I'm saying is that the incidents that was brought up about Dorner's past mean nothing except that he was unwilling to take abuse and mistreatment from anyone.

Like I said before, I'm not justifying what he has done but there was a whole lot that could have been done to prevent this.
Interesting thoughts, sir, and we'd like to hear your ideas on what could have been done to prevent this, but that is a discussion for a different thread. Please start another.

Thanks

Old 02-12-2013, 14:09   #354
countrygun

Quote:
All I have to say is wow! This almost seems like an article from the Onion. This can't be real.
Sure it can. Boxer and Slimestain are safe in WaDC behind security.
Old 02-12-2013, 14:11   #355
RussP

Do you have a bit more credible source for this? Posted what, three days ago and no one in the MSM picked it up?

Old 02-12-2013, 14:27   #356
longhunter09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Do you have a bit more credible source for this? Posted what, three days ago and no one in the MSM picked it up?
Onionesque satire. The fact that the author is named "Jimmy Olsentwins" is an indicator.
“You cannot be disciplined in great things and indisciplined in small things. Brave undisciplined men have no chance against the discipline and valor of other men. Have you ever seen a few policemen handle a crowd?”
- General George S. Patton Jr
Old 02-12-2013, 14:31   #357
ateamer
NRA4EVR

Come on guys, the article was written by "Ace cub reporter Jimmy Olsentwins". Do you really think it's real?
Know-it-all
Old 02-12-2013, 14:32   #358
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhunter09 View Post
Onionesque satire. The fact that the author is named "Jimmy Olsentwins" is an indicator.
I wish the Onion would use bit more sarcasm and a bit less prognostication.

The closer you live to California, the more credible it seems.
Old 02-12-2013, 14:37   #359
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Onion for the win

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-12-2013, 14:54   #360
DoogieHowser
Eh

Deleted

Last edited by DoogieHowser; 02-12-2013 at 15:00..

Closed Thread