Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2013, 15:17   #1
WEATHERBY460

Any Adobe/Windows 7 experts here?

I have a strange issue with my netbook that uses windows 7.

After downloading the newest version of Adobe to watch youtube videos, youtube says I still need to download Adobe.

I have adobe enabled under manage add ons, but I cannot find adobe when I search for it at the "start" search bar...meaning its not showing up as a program.

Any ideas? Thanks
WEATHERBY460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 15:51   #2
Deanster
CLM Number 250
Cheese?

1. Adobe makes all kinds of software. I assume you mean Adobe Flash Player, since you reference videos.

2. It's a plug-in module for browsers, not stand-alone software that you launch separately. It's available to Firefox/Internet Explorer when they need it. Chrome too, though it uses it's own internal version of Flash Player.

3. You should just be able to watch the videos you want, now that you have it installed. No need to launch it or find it.

Your behavior angers God and/or the Constitution. Just sayin'.

I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by low barometric pressure, and not gay marriage.
Deanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 15:58   #3
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

What Deanster said. Make sure you are installing the version for the browser you are using.

Adobe (Flash) is a pain.

- G
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:30   #4
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

You're reference is to Flash Player, and apparently Internet Explorer because you specifically say "manage add-ons" which is a term associated with IE

Not sure what all has happened, but you might go here to try to re-install.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If it gives you the option for an additional feature like Chrome or a toolbar, or an antivirus feature uncheck that!

It should autodetect your OS and Browser.

BEFORE you try to reinstall you might want to run an uninstaller just to clear out whatever Flash is there. You can find that here.

http://download.macromedia.com/get/f...ash_player.exe

Alternatively you might try Firefox (which requires a separate Flash install). I have pretty much stopped using Internet Explorer. Though ironically as I somewhat bash IE, flash does have a tendency to crash in Firefox now and then. Luckily it operates as a separate process though so it doesn't crash the browser session.

Last edited by jdeere_man; 02-09-2013 at 16:31..
jdeere_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 17:39   #5
WEATHERBY460

thanks for the help.....i tried all that you have suggested...still wont start....works fine if i go thru google chrome
WEATHERBY460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 18:34   #6
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

Probably seems like a dumb question, but you aren't clicking the Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) shortcut are you? I've had people do that before, despite the fact it clearly warns you add-ons are disabled.

Also if you open IE and go here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ it should do a little adobe flash animation at the top and tell you what version you have. Is it working there or anywhere else besides youtube?

The next thing I would try is resetting internet explorer. Instructions can be found here, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...net-Explorer-9

You will need to re-enable add-ons after you do this.