GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08   #26
TACLOAD
Senior Member
 
TACLOAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Secret
Posts: 361
G20 all the way!
__________________
'00

“World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just the mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think is the manifestation of human compassion.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
TACLOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:00   #27
PLINKING.40
Senior Member
 
PLINKING.40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ramona Ca.
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
You are a bit nasty, but correct. You can indeed shoot those calibers in a G20.
I Know, No disrespect intended, But the G20 is my one and only 1st Glock, and that is why I got it..was for those reasons, It is my field Hogleg and my HD cary gun..
__________________
zzzzzzzzzzz HOOKED UP!!!! yeehaa!!
PLINKING.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32   #28
blastfact
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,429
Looks like the OP posted up the thread and then left. LMAO
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41   #29
damnyankee20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
OK I was pretty set on a Masterpiece arms 9mm. Till I discovered you could buy extended barrels for glocks.

Only buying this gun has a plinker/novelty. I really love the Glock 20, with the 6" stainless lone wolf barrel.

The problem is a Glock 20 is 650 dollars, plus the 130 dollar barrel, vs I found the MPA Mac for 425 dollars. I would be into it almost double at 800 dollars vs the Mac at 425 and not doing anything too it.

Talk me into it, tell me its worth the extra money.
To buy arguably one of the most powerful pistols as a novelty means you don't need it. A firearm is a tool, not a toy. You buy a tool because it fills a need. I use my G20 as my daily carry and when I go deer hunting.

My two cents and best of luck.
damnyankee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:53   #30
rl356
Senior Member
 
rl356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
It's your money. It seems high to me, but if they're hard to come by up there and you really have your heart set on it, then any joy you get from it is worth the money. I'd skip the 10mm myself, but if you're getting it as a novelty then I suppose that works, the 10mm is a novelty cartridge.
Novelty cartridge? It's not as popular as 9,40,45, but I wouldn't consider it "novelty" by any means. As previously stated, places that are sold out of 9,40,45 still have 10mm on the shelf.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36   #31
ArrizX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
Looks like the OP posted up the thread and then left. LMAO
Why do you think that?
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38   #32
ArrizX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
[QUOTE=damnyankee20;19967678]To buy arguably one of the most powerful pistols as a novelty means you don't need it. A firearm is a tool, not a toy. You buy a tool because it fills a need. I use my G20 as my daily carry and when I go deer hunting.

My two cents and best of luck.[/QUOT

I have the guns I need, but I continue to buy because I want them. I guess you could call me an extremely avid collector.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 15:14   #33
blastfact
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Why do you think that?
Just haven't seen you post. So which one did you buy?
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 17:38   #34
damnyankee20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankee20 View Post
To buy arguably one of the most powerful pistols as a novelty means you don't need it. A firearm is a tool, not a toy. You buy a tool because it fills a need. I use my G20 as my daily carry and when I go deer hunting.

My two cents and best of luck.
I have the guns I need, but I continue to buy because I want them. I guess you could call me an extremely avid collector.
That's very cool. You may want to consider some real investments if your collecting. Most of us have collectibles and then we have our regular shooters. Enjoy!

Last edited by damnyankee20; 02-09-2013 at 17:39..
damnyankee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 19:08   #35
rl356
Senior Member
 
rl356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 199
As already stated, it's your money, and only you can ultimately decide what you want to spend it on. If it were my money, it'd be for the G20 all the way. Masterpiece Arms and Glock aren't even in the same class.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 20:29   #36
willieH
Senior Member
 
willieH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 697
Like others have said, you can have the G20 for much less. I've been pleased with the performance and reliability. Don't be intimidated about the recoil, it's quite manageable. Shooting at a range will get wide eyed looks from people trying to figure out who's firing the cannon.

General Glocking

General Glocking
willieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 00:37   #37
ArrizX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
Just haven't seen you post. So which one did you buy?
Havent yet. Building my money pile for a gun or multiple gun purchase.Having a hard time deciding. G20 is still right at the top of the list. Especially after I trade my only glock right now, a glock 27 tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankee20 View Post
That's very cool. You may want to consider some real investments if your collecting. Most of us have collectibles and then we have our regular shooters. Enjoy!
What guns do you suggest? Im building a collection ill never part with, I dont plan on investing. I plan on enjoying! The AR would be a good investment if I wanted to sell it now though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rl356 View Post
As already stated, it's your money, and only you can ultimately decide what you want to spend it on. If it were my money, it'd be for the G20 all the way. Masterpiece Arms and Glock aren't even in the same class.
Realistically the same class no but fun factor? Maybe depending who is behind it.

I am making a 3 hour trip tomorrow to make a big trade with a guy ill be right next to one of the bigger gun shops in the state if I can find a reasonably priced 20 ill be coming home with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieH View Post
Like others have said, you can have the G20 for much less. I've been pleased with the performance and reliability. Don't be intimidated about the recoil, it's quite manageable. Shooting at a range will get wide eyed looks from people trying to figure out who's firing the cannon.

General Glocking

General Glocking
My girlfriends dad has a 1911 Delta Elite that shoots the 10mm and I thought it was heavenly. Not sure why I want the glock in this configuration. I guess I want a 1911 in a .45 which I also dont have yet. So, everyone is saying it can be had for cheaper. I cant find where yet though. Local gun shop in town has it for $675

Last edited by ArrizX; 02-10-2013 at 02:25..
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36   #38
rl356
Senior Member
 
rl356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
My girlfriends dad has a 1911 Delta Elite that shoots the 10mm and I thought it was heavenly. Not sure why I want the glock in this configuration. I guess I want a 1911 in a .45 which I also dont have yet. So, everyone is saying it can be had for cheaper. I cant find where yet though. Local gun shop in town has it for $675
The larger caliber glocks (10mm, .45ACP) have always been $50-$75 more than the smaller caliber ones around here. And that was when there wasn't all the panic purchasing. And if it's a Gen4, you can factor in another $50 on top of that. The model 20 and 29 aren't on the shelves very often around here either. I had been wanting a 10mm glock for a long time and was never in the right shop at the right time. Ended up purchasing a BNIB model 20 from a private party. Is the price at $675 a little inflated.....yes, but not enough to keep me away from it had I still been looking for one.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:44   #39
Trolin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
I too had been wanting a Glock for many years, and landed on the G20. I picked mine up recently here in Alaska and it ran 725. Seems the price you have quoted isn't that bad. I figured by the time I paid shipping and a FFL transfer fee I was going to be in the 700 range anyway. After one range trip this is now my favorite handgun in my small collection(more into hunting rifles than handguns). I have a Taurus pt92, and a springfield v10 .45acp.
Trolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03   #40
HD45ACP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 103
Glock 20 is only for the Elite, you gotta ask yourself one question GLOCKER, "DO I FEEL ELITE?!" WELL DO YA?
HD45ACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08   #41
blk69stang
Senior Member
 
blk69stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 524
If you go for the Glock 20, check out the SF models. If you have anything smaller than giant Mongo-sized hands, the smaller grip will probably fit your hand better.

Hmm... why the Glock 20? It would be easier to list the reasons not to own one. I can think of only two reasons:

1) You don't reload AND you don't want to pay $0.75-$1.10 each time it goes bang with full-power ammo. Hand loading and/or deep pockets totally negate this issue.

2) You're a complete pansy who can't handle any amount of recoil more than a 9mm.


Seriously, just buy the darn thing and get it over with. I used to be a semi-auto pistol afficionado- they were all I bought. After I got my 20SF, I no longer have any desire to buy another semi-auto pistol anytime soon. It is just such a great piece that anything else would be a disappointment. I'm now getting into big-bore magnum revolvers because the 10mm has ignited my desire for even more horsepower in a handgun, and you can't really get a more powerful semi-auto without switching over to a finnicky gas system like the Desert Eagle. The only more powerful option that is reliable enough for my picky taste is the big-bore mangum revolver.

Glock 20SF - best all-around semi-auto pistol you can buy for any reasonable amount of money, IMHO.

Last edited by blk69stang; 02-10-2013 at 09:10..
blk69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:24   #42
ArrizX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk69stang View Post
If you go for the Glock 20, check out the SF models. If you have anything smaller than giant Mongo-sized hands, the smaller grip will probably fit your hand better.

Hmm... why the Glock 20? It would be easier to list the reasons not to own one. I can think of only two reasons:

1) You don't reload AND you don't want to pay $0.75-$1.10 each time it goes bang with full-power ammo. Hand loading and/or deep pockets totally negate this issue.

2) You're a complete pansy who can't handle any amount of recoil more than a 9mm.


Seriously, just buy the darn thing and get it over with. I used to be a semi-auto pistol afficionado- they were all I bought. After I got my 20SF, I no longer have any desire to buy another semi-auto pistol anytime soon. It is just such a great piece that anything else would be a disappointment. I'm now getting into big-bore magnum revolvers because the 10mm has ignited my desire for even more horsepower in a handgun, and you can't really get a more powerful semi-auto without switching over to a finnicky gas system like the Desert Eagle. The only more powerful option that is reliable enough for my picky taste is the big-bore mangum revolver.

Glock 20SF - best all-around semi-auto pistol you can buy for any reasonable amount of money, IMHO.
Thats about the best advice ive heard all thread. Im going to to get it monday, ill buy the barrel tonight so I am ready. When I make the trade today I am going to offer cash in place of my glock 27 to see if he wants that instead so I might order two barrels. I really hate the 27 its uncomfortable to shoot so I want a ported barrel for it to see if that helps anything..

I would like to think I am not pansy enough to need the small frame they only had one and it was the full size ill check it out and see how it feels I guess is about all I can do.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:15   #43
rl356
Senior Member
 
rl356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 199
The SF is still a full size pistol, the grip portion has just been slightly reduced. Makes the weapon fit in the hand better for those that do not have large hands. My model 20 is non SF, my model 21 is SF. I have no issues handling either one, but the SF does feel a bit better in the hand.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 14:29   #44
Lee-online
Mul-ti-pass
 
Lee-online's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Susquehanna Valley, PA
Posts: 1,860
Caliber: 10mm Auto
Bullet Weight: 155 Grains
Bullet Style: Speer Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point
Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:

Muzzle Velocity: 1500 fps
Muzzle Energy: 775 ft. lbs

Or maybe......

Caliber: 10mm Auto
Bullet Weight: 220 Grains
Bullet Style: Hardcast Flat Nose
Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:

Muzzle Velocity: 1200 fps
Muzzle Energy: 703 ft. lbs


Nuff said.
__________________
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson
Lee-online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 15:22   #45
SDGlock23
Glockoholic
 
SDGlock23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Land of Forgetfulness
Posts: 7,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rl356 View Post
Novelty cartridge? It's not as popular as 9,40,45, but I wouldn't consider it "novelty" by any means. As previously stated, places that are sold out of 9,40,45 still have 10mm on the shelf.
It is a novelty, it's on the shelves in the few places that sell it because few people own a 10mm. From a self defense perspective what does it really offer that the .40 or .45 doesn't? From a purely hunting perspective, there are much better options than the 10mm.

I understand some like it because it kind of blurs the line between the two, as something you can carry on the streets or in the field. Again nothing the .40 or .45 can't do.
__________________
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:10   #46
Omologato
Member
 
Omologato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
I understand some like it because it kind of blurs the line between the two, as something you can carry on the streets or in the field. Again nothing the .40 or .45 can't do.
Mind you, not a hot load .45 ACP
General Glocking

Rogue Nation

Last edited by Omologato; 02-10-2013 at 16:11..
Omologato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:22   #47
rl356
Senior Member
 
rl356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
It is a novelty, it's on the shelves in the few places that sell it because few people own a 10mm. From a self defense perspective what does it really offer that the .40 or .45 doesn't? From a purely hunting perspective, there are much better options than the 10mm.

I understand some like it because it kind of blurs the line between the two, as something you can carry on the streets or in the field. Again nothing the .40 or .45 can't do.
.40 and .45 are fine cartridges. There's no dispute on that. 10mm IS more powerful than both though. .40 came to be because 10mm auto was too much to handle for the FBI. Some off the shelf 10mm is just above .40 specs, so part of what you've said holds water. .40 is nowhere near traditional 10mm loadings however. .45 hits hard, but lacks the penetrating velocity for some applications.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 22:23   #48
GlockFanWA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omologato View Post
Mind you, not a hot load .45 ACP
Wow... Nice graphic. I picked up a G20 last year, used at a gun show for $525. Came with 2 mags. First i had seen in this area in quite awhile.
GlockFanWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 22:26   #49
ArrizX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Went to the gun shop today over in Bellevue since I was in Issaquah picking up a PTR 91, and they didnt have a single glock.

Only one place anywhere near me has any glocks, and I am going to go next week and hope they still have the G20. I should have bought it when I saw it. Ah well.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 17:01   #50
mykylg30
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 45
checked today because i want one too. glock 20=540 in my town. just under 600 after tax though.
mykylg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 742
197 Members
545 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42