SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-25-2013, 13:43   #1
Manpike15

G-19 Backorder - Losing my mind

Hi folks:

I am new to the game but have gotten the bug bad. Been shooting regularly since the beginning of the year. Made the decision to buy my first firearm (Glock 19 Gen 4) and have been on the waiting list for a month now.

This is ridiculous. I am being told to expect mid March now. I live in Miami and placed my deposit at Lou's Police Supply. It is suppose to be one of the best FLL shop's in town.

Anybody have an easier way to get a Glock-19 in Miami. I went to the FTL gun show and they were selling Gen-4's for $699 (absurd). And there was only one left in the whole show (even more absurd). I am losing it here.

Thanks!
Manpike15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 13:52   #2
DannyR

Take a number. Glock is a Global company. As of February 1st, they were backordered over 700,000 pistols. That is with both Austria and the USA working 24 hours per day, 5 days per week.

I work part-time at Virginia's largest firearms store, and we have zero Glocks for sale.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 13:54   #3
troysglock

Florida gun trader website. I use the Texas one but you have to be fast, and check it often.
Old 02-25-2013, 13:56   #4
JohnnyDB

I also had my heart set on a G19 Gen4 but after waiting 8 weeks with no end in sight (4-6 more mos) I did IMO the next best thing and got a G26 Gen4. I'm picking it up today.
JohnnyDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:04   #5
TravismPGA

I put my name on the list today, #1 on the list. Hopefully they come in quickly but who knows
TravismPGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:14   #6
billn

When I was at Glock in GA a few weeks back they said there was a 6 month back orders on Glocks.

'Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security.' - Benjamin Franklin
billn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:19   #7
glock1769

I was very fortunate...I sent an email to a LGS to get on the list. I had a reply that he had one for me within 3 days ! I went in with a guy I work with and we both walked out of there with one that day. Three days later...I got a call from a second place I had put my name on a list.
NRA Life Member
glock1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:21   #8
Batesmotel

Calm down.

You are new to shooting and finally decide to buy a gun during the period of highest demand in history. Don't be upset because there is a temporary shortage and defiantly don't blame the dealers. The only one to be upset with is yourself for waiting so long.
Old 02-25-2013, 14:39   #9
rednoved
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Calm down.

You are new to shooting and finally decide to buy a gun during the period of highest demand in history. Don't be upset because there is a temporary shortage and defiantly don't blame the dealers. The only one to be upset with is yourself for waiting so long.
Would you say the same thing to people who just turned 21 recently? Not everyone on this board is some old guy with the capability to put years of stockpiling under their belts.

I'm 24. I haven't had the opportunity legally for long. I see quite a few posts where people say you only have yourself to blame, and that just isn't the case. It's the panic buyers and people causing the panic. This time last year was very calm. Up until November I could pretty much find anything I wanted at a fair price. I don't know the OP's story, but you should at least consider many people did not have the same options as you before you make baseless statements.
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:42   #10
BMiracletx

It will be worth the wait!
BMiracletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:46   #11
MLittle

I think Everyone needs to take a deep breath.......................and relax. Like other firearm "panics" in the past, this one will also pass with time. Little or no legislation will come to pass....suppliers will catch up with demand and there will be ample supplies in the pipeline. Don't be lured by this situation to pay over market price for anything....just be patient. My forecast is that by this time next year things will look a lot better.
MLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:47   #12
BMiracletx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
I think Everyone needs to take a deep breath.......................and relax. Like other firearm "panics" in the past, this one will also pass with time. Little or no legislation will come to pass....suppliers will catch up with demand and there will be ample supplies in the pipeline. Don't be lured by this situation to pay over market price for anything....just be patient. My forecast is that by this time next year things will look a lot better.
I agree...
BMiracletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:48   #13
Sdk8103

Quote:
Originally Posted by billn View Post
When I was at Glock in GA a few weeks back they said there was a 6 month back orders on Glocks.
That may be true, but I think it all depends on where you go and I think the better, larger quantity dealers, have placed big orders when they saw what was happening and are probably getting preferential treatment. I only waited 3 weeks for a 19 here in Charlotte from a large dealer (they claim to be the largest independently owned dealer in America with normally 7,000 guns in stock).

Shop around. You'll likely have to wait, but considering the demand I think they are doing pretty well.

Last edited by Sdk8103; 02-25-2013 at 14:50..
Sdk8103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:49   #14
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
Would you say the same thing to people who just turned 21 recently? Not everyone on this board is some old guy with the capability to put years of stockpiling under their belts.

I'm 24. I haven't had the opportunity legally for long. I see quite a few posts where people say you only have yourself to blame, and that just isn't the case. It's the panic buyers and people causing the panic. This time last year was very calm. Up until November I could pretty much find anything I wanted at a fair price. I don't know the OP's story, but you should at least consider many people did not have the same options as you before you make baseless statements.
Yes I would. Sometimes timing sucks. Plan ahead and be patient. How does getting mad at the manufacture or dealer help?
Old 02-25-2013, 14:51   #15
billn

Back orders do not mean guns are not being shipped out every day. It is just if an order is placed today there is a 6 month delay.

'Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security.' - Benjamin Franklin
billn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:54   #16
rednoved
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Yes I would. Sometimes timing sucks. Plan ahead and be patient. How does getting mad at the manufacture or dealer help?
I agree with you about getting mad at the manufacturer or dealer. How do you plan ahead if you turned 21 in January? Straw purchase? How can you possibly blame a 21 year old for not purchasing sooner?
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:55   #17
DannyR

Glock is shipping about 15,000 new Glocks per week. Just keep in mind that their primary business is Military and Law Enforcement.
Bull Dawg #1

DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 15:01   #18
Sebass

Personally, I can't wait for all this proposed Gun Legislation to blow over and for the market to be FLOODED with 'used' GLOCKS
Sebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 15:02   #19
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
I agree with you about getting mad at the manufacturer or dealer. How do you plan ahead if you turned 21 in January? Straw purchase? How can you possibly blame a 21 year old for not purchasing sooner?
Well you could just cry and stamp your feet like a child.

What? Is the entire free market system supposed to change because someone is having a birthday? Welcome to the real world. Sometimes things are unavailable. Be patient.
Old 02-25-2013, 15:11   #20
Sdk8103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manpike15 View Post
Hi folks:

I am new to the game but have gotten the bug bad. Been shooting regularly since the beginning of the year. Made the decision to buy my first firearm (Glock 19 Gen 4) and have been on the waiting list for a month now.

This is ridiculous. I am being told to expect mid March now. I live in Miami and placed my deposit at Lou's Police Supply. It is suppose to be one of the best FLL shop's in town.

Anybody have an easier way to get a Glock-19 in Miami. I went to the FTL gun show and they were selling Gen-4's for $699 (absurd). And there was only one left in the whole show (even more absurd). I am losing it here.

Thanks!
I think $699 is very reasonable if someone doesn't have the patience to wait. Supply and demand rules are in full effect in most places. When I ordered my 19 they were quoting 6-8 weeks and given the frenzy these days I would have been happy if it showed up in 8 weeks. If don't want to pay a premium sit back and relax, the phone will ring before you know it.
Sdk8103 is offline   Reply With Quote