Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 16:16   #41
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
You already figured it out...he was "just doing it for the money."

Would you care to elaborate on what that means? Do officers in your areas get commission on tickets?
I'm sort of new in the area. It was my first encounter with an LEO here in Clinton MS, other than having to talk to them because my apartment was broken into about a month ago. The cop that I talked to for that was a friendly helpful guy.

But I had been told by people that live here the the cops tended to pull you over and ticket you for any reason they could..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
Old 02-07-2013, 16:17   #42
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Since each state and even municipality is different you will (or rather have already) gotten different answers. Only the officer that pulled you over can answer your questions and like other have already stated the side of the road is not the place for those answers. Even if you pulled into a parking lot that is not the place to answer questions.

We are required to inform the recipient of the citation where and how to take care of the citation so that is why you heard that part from the officer.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:22   #43
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
I'm sort of new in the area. It was my first encounter with an LEO here in Clinton MS, other than having to talk to them because my apartment was broken into about a month ago. The cop that I talked to for that was a friendly helpful guy.

But I had been told by people that live here the the cops tended to pull you over and ticket you for any reason they could..
There's a sneaky way to cheat them out of that...

Obey traffic laws.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-07-2013, 16:24   #44
FiremanMike
Way too busy

The commission I earned off each ticket was probably the biggest thing I miss about LE...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:27   #45
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post

Obey traffic laws.
I was

Old 02-07-2013, 16:39   #46
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:

Obey traffic laws.
DUDE! What are you doing?! I've got a bunch of new bling to pay for! If you tell them that, how am I supposed to get my per ticket commission?! Rookie mistake, man...

Quote:
I was
Yeah, I'm sure you THINK you were, but could you see where, from a purely objective outside perspective, and since you only posted your half ot the story...oh, I dunno...people in here might think you're full of ****?

I mean, you were so heavily focused on the speeding aspect of it, and since you weren't cited or even stopped for speeding, is it POSSIBLE you're fudging facts, or conveniently forgetting certain aspects that wouldn't leave you in the light of a totally innocent motorist who was victimized by this money grubbing cop for no reason whatsoever?
Old 02-07-2013, 16:57   #47
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
DUDE! What are you doing?! I've got a bunch of new bling to pay for! If you tell them that, how am I supposed to get my per ticket commission?! Rookie mistake, man...

Yeah, I'm sure you THINK you were, but could you see where, from a purely objective outside perspective, and since you only posted your half ot the story...oh, I dunno...people in here might think you're full of ****?

I mean, you were so heavily focused on the speeding aspect of it, and since you weren't cited or even stopped for speeding, is it POSSIBLE you're fudging facts, or conveniently forgetting certain aspects that wouldn't leave you in the light of a totally innocent motorist who was victimized by this money grubbing cop for no reason whatsoever?
Hey man, I would love to know what he saw me doing. But he refused to tell me..

Old 02-07-2013, 17:13   #48
WarCry

Quote:
You came to this forum with a question. One of the answers you got was to ask - call the cop or at least the department. Have you tried that yet?

It's obvious you want to know badly, but don't want to wait until court. Have you taken the recommended steps to find out? The worst that's going to happen is they'll say you have to wait for court, and you're no worse off than you are right now.
Old 02-07-2013, 17:41   #49
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Just a theory:

It was raining. When it is raining, you can be cited for going too fast for the weather conditions. You could have pealed out, slid out, whatever.

But, unless you go deal with it in court it is a mystery you'll never solve.

For my part, I am still fascinated this thing is still going.
Old 02-07-2013, 18:11   #50
ChinaCave

Was he wearing a hat in the rain?

"I'm a shoulder thing that goes up."
Old 02-07-2013, 18:15   #51
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaCave View Post
Yes he was.

Old 02-07-2013, 22:04   #52
Patchman
Florist

Here's the problem. Currently, when a LEO pulls over a driver, it's the LEO who exits the car. The way it should be done is the LEO should call the driver to come over to the LEO. The driver can talk through the front passenger window!

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Old 02-07-2013, 23:28   #53
Gombey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaCave View Post
Quote:
Yes he was.
Then it was official. There is NO WAY you can beat that ticket now! If he left his hat in his car the ticket would have been dismissed.

Oh and IBTL.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09   #54
Southswede

Quote:
Hey I had a quick problem that I am hoping an officer could help me with. I was driving back home tonight after watching a basketball game at a buddies place.

As I was slowing down to turn (with my blinker on) I see a cop pulling me over. The speed limit was between like 30-35. I'm sure I was going approximately this speed as I was slowing down to turn. (It was also raining which also caused me to drive slower.)

The cop comes to my door I give him my license, insurance etc.

He then comes back and tells me that I was driving "carelessly". I ask him to tell me specifically what I had done and asked if I was speeding.

He refused to tell me the specifics of why he pulled me over, and refused to tell me how fast I was going as he did not have my speed on radar.

He took my license and gave me a ticket. The ticket simply has slashes where my speed and the speed limit were supposed to go..

My court date is March 6 and I want to contest this BS.

I know he is simply doing this for the money as he was sure to point out where I could pay online or by phone.

Any advice on what I should do?

The passenger with me was just as perplexed as to why he had pulled me over, especially since he refused to tell me how fast he thought I was going..

Based on the information you provided, I would tell you to pay the ticket and go on with your life.

I say this because you have no idea what you did and had even less of an idea as to your surroundings. Simply put, speed limits are set with one number. They are not posted "30-35".

So you have not idea if you were being careless or not.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14   #55
Southswede

Quote:
Would the fact that I drive a red Camaro SS have anything to do with this? Maybe I just looked fast! Haha..

Cars look like they are going fast, because they ARE going fast. Speed is not contingent upon color.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20   #56
Southswede

Quote:

Quote:

Obey traffic laws.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24   #57
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Like what?

What were you charged with?

Edit - OK, I found the picture of the citation:

Quote:
SEC. 63-3-1213. Careless driving

Any person who drives any vehicle in a careless or imprudent manner, without due regard for the width, grade, curves, corner, traffic and use of the streets and highways and all other attendant circumstances is guilty of careless driving. Careless driving shall be considered a lesser offense than reckless driving.

Every person convicted of careless driving shall be punished by a fine of not less than Five Dollars ($5.00) nor more than Fifty Dollars ($50.00).

SOURCES: Laws, 1993, ch. 317, Sec. 1, eff from and after July 1, 1993 (became law without Governor's signature on March 16, 1993).

RaynBDawg, you were driving your "vehicle in a careless or imprudent manner, without due regard for the width, grade, curves, corner, traffic and use of the streets and highways and all other attendant circumstances." BS about it here all you want, but unless you were so distracted by texting or a cell phone that you didn't notice, you know what you did.

Last edited by Bren; 02-08-2013 at 13:39..
Old 02-08-2013, 08:25   #58
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Here's the problem. Currently, when a LEO pulls over a driver, it's the LEO who exits the car. The way it should be done is the LEO should call the driver to come over to the LEO. The driver can talk through the front passenger window!
I'm not sure if you were joking or being sarcastic - I hope so, otherwise that would be a pretty silly idea (based on safety, if nothing else).
Old 02-08-2013, 08:28   #59
Southswede

Quote:

Obey traffic laws.
Quote:
I was

If you were obeying the law, you would not have been stopped and given a ticket.

You are providing very limited information here. You are providing information that makes it look like you are innocent of any wrong doing. Those of us working in law enforcement know there is more to this story. Having well over 25 years in the business, I tend to side with the officer-especially when I read things like you wrote. 1. you are new to that area. 2. you have no idea what the speed limit was in that area. 3. You have no idea where the offense occurred-only where you were stopped. 4. you state you were driving in the rain and don't know how fast you were driving.

There is more to this story. We will not know the full story as the officer is not posting on this thread.........
Old 02-08-2013, 08:37   #60
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:

You're wanting to be presented with the evidence of your violaton at the time you are cited. That's not the way our court system works, for any charge, parking ticket on up to murder.

Closed Thread