SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 23:37   #26
Top_Shot_31

Ibtl.
Fast forward 6 months for the DUI trial. Prosecutor is reviewing the booking room video and asks me why I am moon-walking while the drunk offender is hopping around in slow motion in a big white suit.
Old 02-06-2013, 23:38   #27
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Shot_31 View Post
Ibtl.
Just seeking advice..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
Old 02-06-2013, 23:38   #28
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Would the fact that I drive a red Camaro SS have anything to do with this? Maybe I just looked fast! Haha..

He never stated you were speeding, and he didn't cite you for speeding. You were not stopped for speeding.

You were not stopped for speeding.

You were not cited for speeding.

In all seriousness, he percieved something you did as careless. If you disagree, contest the ticket.

But stop focusing on speeding.
Old 02-06-2013, 23:41   #29
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

If you really want answers to your questions you need to contact the Officer involved, period.
Old 02-06-2013, 23:43   #30
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
If you really want answers to your questions you need to contact the Officer involved, period.
Why didn't he explain to me exactly why he pulled me over when I asked him at the scene? He basically just stated that it was his opinion and said "no" when I asked if he could elaborate on why he pulled me over..

Strange. Ill guess ill see if he wants go to court over the issue.

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 02-06-2013 at 23:43..
Old 02-06-2013, 23:49   #31
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:
Why didn't he explain to me exactly why he pulled me over when I asked him at the scene? He basically just stated that it was his opinion and said "no" when I asked if he could elaborate on why he pulled me over..

Because the side of the road (especially in a rainstorm) isn't the place to debate your violation. That place is the courtroom.

And I would imagine you'd be fine to drive on the ticket, but I'm not from MS, so you had better check with someone in your state.
Old 02-06-2013, 23:50   #32
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:

Call & ask him, or go to court.
It's that simple.

Otherwise all it looks like is, well, you should have the picture by now.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-06-2013, 23:56   #33
Ohio Copper

Quote:

I don't argue with people on the side of the road.

We can argue as much as we want in court, on the side of the road, with traffic going past, is not the place for it.
Old 02-07-2013, 00:03   #34
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I don't argue with people on the side of the road.

We can argue as much as we want in court, on the side of the road, with traffic going past, is not the place for it.
Actually I pulled into an entrance to a subdivision, so there was no traffic going past, however it was raining.

Made me think of the old Drew Carey stand up, when he said he likes to run red lights when its raining really hard outside just so the cop will have to get out and stand in the rain.

"You know why I pulled you over Mr. Carey" "Yea, you know why I ran that red light?"

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 02-07-2013 at 00:05..
Old 02-07-2013, 04:34   #35
merlynusn

I don't debate on the side of the road. That's what court is for. I have no idea why he'd keep your license. We don't seize someone's license here in NC, but MS may be different. I have found that I still had someone's license later on that night because I simply forgot to give it back to them. I will usually drive to their house and give it to them or drop it in the mail to them, depending on how far away they are.

You weren't cited for speeding, but for careless driving. I imagine he saw something, whether it was speed, how you were slowing for the turn in the rain or whatnot. Since none of us were there, we don't know. I'd suggest talking to the officer. If he blows you off, go to his SGT.

ETA: Money has nothing to do with your ticket. Don't complain when you talk to him, don't debate it. Just ask what he saw was the violation and why he still has your license.

Last edited by merlynusn; 02-07-2013 at 04:34..
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26   #36
Bruce M

Quote:

I know he is simply doing this for the money as he was sure to point out where I could pay online or by phone.

Maybe the officers get the money there; here we get citation reward points that are redeamable for merchandise and trips. I know a trooper who is very active who got a fourteen day cruise. Five more speeders, a stop sign violation, and a suspended DL and I got me a new toaster oven.

Quote:
I had already slowed because I had just entered city limits and assumed the speed limit went from like 45-30 or something like that. ..

One seldom has to assume what the speed limit is or, for that matter, guess how fast they are driving. As suggested this citation was not for speeding. However it pays to remember that a posted speed limit is generally that which is deemed safe for daylight, little traffic, dry conditions, etc. Depending on other circumstances, one may suggest it is careless to drive the posted speed limit at night in the rain going around a corner.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07   #37
deadmanglocking

This thread is so going to get locked
Attached Thumbnails
Cop Talk - Click for larger version  
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24   #38
Adjuster

I have no qualifications what-so-ever to answer your questions but I am just going to throw it out there and see if it sticks; driving too fast for the conditions(rain). Not a speeding violation but a careless driving issue. If you were driving the posted speed limit in the rain that is careless driving (and you clearly admit this). If you don't increase your distance behind the driver in front of you during rain that is careless driving. If you don't take longer time and distance to brake for stops and turns during a rain that is careless driving. Jack rabbit takeoffs and heavy acceleration during a rain is careless driving. etc etc

/
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37   #39
rockapede

OP, my roadside manner is often different (when time and safety allow) than what you describe, however, we're only getting your side of the story. My tickets are also more detailed with a short, single sentence narrative describing the violation, however, that's a matter of location and policy.

There's something on that ticket that is a humorous small coincidence to me, but it has nothing to do with your post or you.

-Edward Conlon
Old 02-07-2013, 15:08   #40
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

You already figured it out...he was "just doing it for the money."

Would you care to elaborate on what that means? Do officers in your areas get commission on tickets?

-David Simon in "Homicide"
Old 02-07-2013, 15:16   #41
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
You already figured it out...he was "just doing it for the money."

Would you care to elaborate on what that means? Do officers in your areas get commission on tickets?
I'm sort of new in the area. It was my first encounter with an LEO here in Clinton MS, other than having to talk to them because my apartment was broken into about a month ago. The cop that I talked to for that was a friendly helpful guy.

But I had been told by people that live here the the cops tended to pull you over and ticket you for any reason they could..

Old 02-07-2013, 15:17   #42
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Since each state and even municipality is different you will (or rather have already) gotten different answers. Only the officer that pulled you over can answer your questions and like other have already stated the side of the road is not the place for those answers. Even if you pulled into a parking lot that is not the place to answer questions.

We are required to inform the recipient of the citation where and how to take care of the citation so that is why you heard that part from the officer.
Old 02-07-2013, 15:22   #43
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
I'm sort of new in the area. It was my first encounter with an LEO here in Clinton MS, other than having to talk to them because my apartment was broken into about a month ago. The cop that I talked to for that was a friendly helpful guy.

But I had been told by people that live here the the cops tended to pull you over and ticket you for any reason they could..
There's a sneaky way to cheat them out of that...

Obey traffic laws.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-07-2013, 15:24   #44
FiremanMike
Way too busy

The commission I earned off each ticket was probably the biggest thing I miss about LE...
Old 02-07-2013, 15:27   #45
RyanBDawg

Quote:

Obey traffic laws.
I was

Old 02-07-2013, 15:39   #46
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:

Obey traffic laws.
DUDE! What are you doing?! I've got a bunch of new bling to pay for! If you tell them that, how am I supposed to get my per ticket commission?! Rookie mistake, man...

Quote:
I was
Yeah, I'm sure you THINK you were, but could you see where, from a purely objective outside perspective, and since you only posted your half ot the story...oh, I dunno...people in here might think you're full of ****?

I mean, you were so heavily focused on the speeding aspect of it, and since you weren't cited or even stopped for speeding, is it POSSIBLE you're fudging facts, or conveniently forgetting certain aspects that wouldn't leave you in the light of a totally innocent motorist who was victimized by this money grubbing cop for no reason whatsoever?
Old 02-07-2013, 15:57   #47
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
DUDE! What are you doing?! I've got a bunch of new bling to pay for! If you tell them that, how am I supposed to get my per ticket commission?! Rookie mistake, man...

Yeah, I'm sure you THINK you were, but could you see where, from a purely objective outside perspective, and since you only posted your half ot the story...oh, I dunno...people in here might think you're full of ****?

I mean, you were so heavily focused on the speeding aspect of it, and since you weren't cited or even stopped for speeding, is it POSSIBLE you're fudging facts, or conveniently forgetting certain aspects that wouldn't leave you in the light of a totally innocent motorist who was victimized by this money grubbing cop for no reason whatsoever?
Hey man, I would love to know what he saw me doing. But he refused to tell me..

Old 02-07-2013, 16:13   #48
WarCry

Quote:
Hey man, I would love to know what he saw me doing. But he refused to tell me..
You came to this forum with a question. One of the answers you got was to ask - call the cop or at least the department. Have you tried that yet?

It's obvious you want to know badly, but don't want to wait until court. Have you taken the recommended steps to find out? The worst that's going to happen is they'll say you have to wait for court, and you're no worse off than you are right now.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:41   #49
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Just a theory:

It was raining. When it is raining, you can be cited for going too fast for the weather conditions. You could have pealed out, slid out, whatever.

But, unless you go deal with it in court it is a mystery you'll never solve.

For my part, I am still fascinated this thing is still going.
Old 02-07-2013, 17:11   #50
ChinaCave

Was he wearing a hat in the rain?

"I'm a shoulder thing that goes up."
Closed Thread