SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2013, 00:36   #176
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccho View Post
"Brad" sounds like a man of good moral fiber. That took balls. I mean aside from not pounding the guy, I mean it took balls to actually step up and say something about it. Too many people would just stare.
This is sadly true. "Brad" is a big happy hippy type guy but he's not small and he has hands that are about 6" across, long arms, heavily built. The Eastern Indian man was quite thin and on the small side but he seemed to rule over his family like Hussein. "Brad" would broken him like a twig and swept the floor using his head like a mop, and believe it. He sure wanted to!
The little worm demanded "Brad" be fired but the manager told him he wasn't permitted back in the store and that he had better quit while he still had a head on his shoulders.

I am a parent, kids do get you flustrated, but I found my fist balling up as he related the story....

Gray_Rider
Old 02-14-2013, 05:44   #177
johnd

Send a message via ICQ to johnd
Sat next to Louis Freeh on a long flight once.
He kept on asking me questions and I kept on not answering him
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:01   #178
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
I told that story before here, but I just think its worth to be told again (at least from what I felt during these moments).

When I was about 18 years old I went to a school with one very akward guy. He was in a different class on the other side of the building, but I always saw him walking by and during the lunch breaks.
Maybe 20 years old, a metal fan with all the black stuff and hair - which was cool because I was one too - but looking at his stature he reminded me of a prehistoric man. He walked and moved like coming directly out of a cave. That was weird somehow.

Always wanted to talk with him because of beeing a metal head too, but somehow it never happened. He didnt really socialize.

One day he was gone.

Days later we hear about a murder and an arrest.
Turned out that he got in a fight with his gf, choked her to death, panicked, cut her to pieces, put her in a trashbag and into his car.
Then he told her parents for days that she was missing and he doesnt know why. Admitted to it during the police interrogation later on iirc.

6 years later:

I am now in the police academy and my class is doing a field trip to a juvenile prison.
Going there I had a weird feeling because I had to think about that specific murder again.
After a couple of hours we had a "ask and tell" with two criminals. One a robber one a murderer... my feeling got stronger...

First person offcourse was not reeaallyy guilty robbing a cab driver.
Second person walks in and it hits me -> its him - my schoolmate the murderer!.

Complete room, about 30 people are silent after he sat down. No one knew what to say facing a murderer for the first time in our lifes. We were only told that he killed is gf during a fight.

So me beeing the first one talking to him in a completely silent room I ask him "Are you born in Vienna?"
He says "yes"
I: "Did you go to a school there?"
He (looking at me with a somehow surprised face) "yes"
I: "Did you go to a school in the blabla district?"
He (very surprised looking) "..yes?!.."
I: "I was a schoolmate"

My class, my teachers and the people from the prison looking at me with big eyes completely surprised.
I thought during that moment "isnt it strange how life goes - one is now a police officer the other one a convicted murderer"

Afterwards he replied nervous that he cant remember me and slowly started to tell his story. He looked at me knowing that I knew what had happened after he killed his gf - he cut her to pieces.
He didnt tell that fact in front auf the audience and everyone thought that it was odd for him to get the full sentence of 20 years.
I didnt say a word because I thought, even beeing a murderer, it was kind of brave to admit to that multiple times in front of 30 police officers and answering all their questions on a voluntarily basis.

Back at the academy I then told my class to look up the story online and they found their answer.

Allthough I wasnt in danger it was one of the moments I will remember my whole life - that awkward silence while everybody was looking at me - priceless somehow.

Last edited by OfficerChris; 02-14-2013 at 06:08..
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:00   #179
GlockinNJ

I have a creepy story. Not evil, but strange.

In 2007, I was in a layover at LAX. It was a business trip and I was alone.I went into a Tex Mex place to grab a bite to eat and kill some time. It was a pretty big dining area with tables all over the place. I got my burrito and grabbed a seat. As I was eating and glancing around the dining area, I noticed an old man alone having some kind of issue. He was across the other end of the dining room from where I was.

Suddenly, he slumped in his chair like a sack of potatoes. As I was getting up to go there and help him, I noticed several others that were sitting closer already helping him. I didn’t want to add to the gathering crowd, so I sat back down, along with other diners sitting in my section. It was a helpless feeling.

Before long, airport EMS showed up and worked on him, but it was too late. As we watched, the EMS put him on a gurney, covered him with a white sheet, and wheeled him away.

It was strange, to say the least. It was a bizarre decision on whether or not it was appropriate to continue eating after seeing that. Some left and some stayed and finished. I picked up my half-eaten burrito and finished it, as I pondered what the place of death on his death certificate would say. I’m sure this happens more often than I ever thought about.

This isn’t the first time I’ve had my meal interrupted and needed to make that awkward decision.

Once, before I was married, I was at a Mother’s Day brunch with my wife’s parents, uncles, cousins, etc. There was probably 10-12 of us at the table. I was sitting next to my future Father in law when he starts choking on a piece of breakfast sausage. He couldn’t breathe and at first no one noticed but me. I promptly stood up, got behind him and performed the Heimlich Maneuver on him. The sausage popped out, to the shock of everyone at the table, still trying to figure out what was happening. After a few silent beats and realizing he was okay, we sat back down and continued eating and joking about what happened. Very awkward.

Last edited by GlockinNJ; 02-14-2013 at 07:04..
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31   #180
JFrame

Hmmm...This just occurred to me...

About 14-15 years ago, my wife and I were waiting to catch a flight out of LAX. My wife is about the most observant people-watcher I know, and she looked at a guy sitting a ways from us, waiting for his flight.

She pointed him out to me. He was a young, Middle Eastern man -- scruffy stubble, innocuous western clothing. He looked extremely nervous. His knees were jittery, and his legs were shaking up and down. He was staring fixedly at a book he was "reading" -- my wife noted that he was holding the book upside down.

My wife got more and more concerned, the more she looked at him. What did I know back then -- I thought maybe the guy just had a serious fear of flying. My wife finally got up and went to an airport security guard to point the man out.

Nothing ever happened from that moment, as far as I know. But this was a couple of years before 9/11, and we both now think that this was one of the many "dry runs" being made by Islamic terrorists.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 19:50   #181
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

I was working as an EMT in Southern New Mexico in the early 80's. Had a call for an assault. Turned out to be a woman who looked about 18, but was much older, having lived and cared for herself well. She was unconscious from having been stabbed in the head with a screwdriver, and died shortly after arrival at the ER.

Several years later I worked as an LPN for the NM Department of Corrections while pursuing my RN education. One of the inmates was the convicted murderer of the woman I mentioned earlier. He was on a fair amount of anti psychotic medication. I never had a conversation with him, never even saw him talk. He came to the med line, took his meds, and went his way. Always had the "thousand yard stare."

One day I arrived at work and the prison was on lock down. The same guy had killed a corrections officer. Beat him to death with a piece of wood, in full view of inmates and security. They were in the lieutenants office which had bullet proof glass looking into the compound. The inmate had barricaded the door from the inside, and there was no way to get in until he chose to come out. The guard he beat to death was in his early thirties, married with a 3 year old and newborn child.

The inmate was turned over to the feds for his own protection, routine since he wouldn't be safe in NM. Some months later I read about him killing another guard at a prison in Florida. Heard no more of him, but so wish that justice was finally done for him.

Last edited by Paul53; 02-14-2013 at 19:53.. Reason: grammar
Paul53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 15:06   #182
crowwmn

I work as the evening shift charge RN on one of two all male State Forensic Admission units. This is the receiving place for persons that have been arrested for crimes, heinous and minor, that are sent to the Psychiatric Hospital for Evaluation or Competency Restoration. It is our job to observe, evaluate, medicate and document the mental status of these patients. Some of them arrive and we can not make them take any medications so they are on the ward with the 26-28 other patients, unmedicated and still fully psychotic. It takes considerable med refusals and that patient consistently presenting a danger to themselves or others in order to get a court order to medicate them against their will.
So, this is the story of who I will call Joe, not his real name. He is a patient that was in the hospital for assault. What he did was he was out in the community, fully decompensated (off his meds), walking down the street when he saw a woman walking toward him that his voices told him was evil. He then proceeded to stab her multiple times before bystanders attempted to catch him, he ran off, the police found him later hissing and fighting like a feral dog ... and he was sent to our ward. The woman did not die of her injuries, which is why his charges were assault, and due to his mental incapacity it was not considered attempted murder, but assault. He is a frequent flier ... meaning they let him out, he decomps, he comes back for charges ... they let him out again, he comes back with ever increasing severity of charges.
So one evening I came on the ward at the beginning of my shift and Joe had just been placed in Seclusion. This is where a patient is locked in his room usually due to a violent incident. He had made an unprovoked assault on a peer. He was screaming, yelling, placing curses on any and all. I looked in the port at him and we met eyes ... every hair on the back of my neck stood on end. The look in his eyes, the tone of his voice, the words coming out of him. 'Joe' wasn't there. I'm telling truth here, there was something else. I am not superstitious. I am not airy fairly new age all about spirits and fluffy poophy kum ba ya stuff, but seriously ... the Joe I had come to know was gone and something else was looking out that port at me that was unvarnished evil incarnate, deeply primal and absolutely frightening. Just to be sure I saw what I thought I saw, I grabbed a co-worker and, very casually said, "Hey, Mary, come take a look at this and tell me what you think". So, she looked in at Joe, met eyes with him, then backed away and leaned up against the wall as if the breath had just been sucked out of her, and said, "OMG! That's the Devil!" OK, so Mary IS a bit superstitious, but my point is, this is coming face to face with unmedicated full blown psychosis.
You think that is the scary part of my story, but it's not. A court order was finally obtained to medicate Joe against his will. When Joe is medicated he is a very soft spoken, kind of shy, quiet little guy and can engage in reality based conversation. He is non-violent and nonthreatening. Due to his mental status of being incompetent and mentally ill, his charges were dropped. He is now in the Civil Commitment side of the hospital where he is receiving continued treatment to then be filtered out and released in to the community. The first thing he will likely do, as many psychiatric patients do after release, is to stop taking their meds. This is his pattern. He is medicated, restored, behaves well and is then released in to the community again.
This is why it is that when something heinous or horrible occurs in the community 9 times out of 10 they will find that the person has psychiatric treatment history. Then will be the folks that will say ... "it was the awful psychiatric meds that made him do it!" but I am here to tell, it's not the meds ... it is when they STOP taking the meds. These guys are released to the community and there is no further enforcement of meds. They then decompensate and become that psychotic and dangerous person again. It happens over and over and over.

This is why I began to conceal carry a few years back. I know who they are letting out and THAT is the scary part of my story ...

Last edited by crowwmn; 02-15-2013 at 15:18..
crowwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 23:22   #183
Gray_Rider

[QUOTE= I looked in the port at him and we met eyes ... every hair on the back of my neck stood on end. The look in his eyes, the tone of his voice, the words coming out of him. 'Joe' wasn't there. I'm telling truth here, there was something else. I am not superstitious. I am not airy fairly new age all about spirits and fluffy poophy kum ba ya stuff, but seriously ... the Joe I had come to know was gone and something else was looking out that port at me that was unvarnished evil incarnate, deeply primal and absolutely frightening. Just to be sure I saw what I thought I saw, I grabbed a co-worker and, very casually said, "Hey, Mary, come take a look at this and tell me what you think". So, she looked in at Joe, met eyes with him, then backed away and leaned up against the wall as if the breath had just been sucked out of her, and said, "OMG! That's the Devil!"

This is why I began to conceal carry a few years back. I know who they are letting out and THAT is the scary part of my story ...[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get my RN wife to read this post. Had her convinced to carry till a friend's husband announced proudly how he had lived unarmed in Jacksonville Fla. for over 30 years and he never had a problem. She's never shown a sliver of interest in CCW since that night.

As to your paitent. There's something in there alright. It was just peering out at the world from his eyes is all.

This is part of the reason I have carried since the early 70's, and most often more than one. My wife doesn't want to bother, and happily plays the odds....

Gray_Rider

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 02-15-2013 at 23:24..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 23:28   #184
vart

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowwmn View Post
I work as the evening shift charge RN on one of two all male State Forensic Admission units. This is the receiving place for persons that have been arrested for crimes, heinous and minor, that are sent to the Psychiatric Hospital for Evaluation or Competency Restoration. It is our job to observe, evaluate, medicate and document the mental status of these patients. Some of them arrive and we can not make them take any medications so they are on the ward with the 26-28 other patients, unmedicated and still fully psychotic. It takes considerable med refusals and that patient consistently presenting a danger to themselves or others in order to get a court order to medicate them against their will.
So, this is the story of who I will call Joe, not his real name. He is a patient that was in the hospital for assault. What he did was he was out in the community, fully decompensated (off his meds), walking down the street when he saw a woman walking toward him that his voices told him was evil. He then proceeded to stab her multiple times before bystanders attempted to catch him, he ran off, the police found him later hissing and fighting like a feral dog ... and he was sent to our ward. The woman did not die of her injuries, which is why his charges were assault, and due to his mental incapacity it was not considered attempted murder, but assault. He is a frequent flier ... meaning they let him out, he decomps, he comes back for charges ... they let him out again, he comes back with ever increasing severity of charges.
So one evening I came on the ward at the beginning of my shift and Joe had just been placed in Seclusion. This is where a patient is locked in his room usually due to a violent incident. He had made an unprovoked assault on a peer. He was screaming, yelling, placing curses on any and all. I looked in the port at him and we met eyes ... every hair on the back of my neck stood on end. The look in his eyes, the tone of his voice, the words coming out of him. 'Joe' wasn't there. I'm telling truth here, there was something else. I am not superstitious. I am not airy fairly new age all about spirits and fluffy poophy kum ba ya stuff, but seriously ... the Joe I had come to know was gone and something else was looking out that port at me that was unvarnished evil incarnate, deeply primal and absolutely frightening. Just to be sure I saw what I thought I saw, I grabbed a co-worker and, very casually said, "Hey, Mary, come take a look at this and tell me what you think". So, she looked in at Joe, met eyes with him, then backed away and leaned up against the wall as if the breath had just been sucked out of her, and said, "OMG! That's the Devil!" OK, so Mary IS a bit superstitious, but my point is, this is coming face to face with unmedicated full blown psychosis.
You think that is the scary part of my story, but it's not. A court order was finally obtained to medicate Joe against his will. When Joe is medicated he is a very soft spoken, kind of shy, quiet little guy and can engage in reality based conversation. He is non-violent and nonthreatening. Due to his mental status of being incompetent and mentally ill, his charges were dropped. He is now in the Civil Commitment side of the hospital where he is receiving continued treatment to then be filtered out and released in to the community. The first thing he will likely do, as many psychiatric patients do after release, is to stop taking their meds. This is his pattern. He is medicated, restored, behaves well and is then released in to the community again.
This is why it is that when something heinous or horrible occurs in the community 9 times out of 10 they will find that the person has psychiatric treatment history. Then will be the folks that will say ... "it was the awful psychiatric meds that made him do it!" but I am here to tell, it's not the meds ... it is when they STOP taking the meds. These guys are released to the community and there is no further enforcement of meds. They then decompensate and become that psychotic and dangerous person again. It happens over and over and over.

This is why I began to conceal carry a few years back. I know who they are letting out and THAT is the scary part of my story ...
Great first post! Thanks for the reality...

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:26   #185
crowwmn

[QUOTE=Gray_Rider;19993428]I wish I could get my RN wife to read this post. Had her convinced to carry till a friend's husband announced proudly how he had lived unarmed in Jacksonville Fla. for over 30 years and he never had a problem. She's never shown a sliver of interest in CCW since that night.

Gray Rider, it sounds like your friend's husband told your wife exactly what she wanted to hear. Not everyone wants to carry. She was probably very relieved. Not everyone likes to shoot. Not everyone that likes to shoot likes to carry. Just hold a good thought that she will never be in a position to regret the decision.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:27   #186
crowwmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
Great first post! Thanks for the reality...
Thanks Vart! Yes, that was my first post! I'm new to the site. I recently got my 2nd Glock and a friend recommended I join. I'm glad I did ... learning a lot and looking forward to learning more. This was the perfect thread for me to break out of lurking.

Last edited by crowwmn; 02-16-2013 at 04:10..
Old 02-16-2013, 11:25   #187
Austin Millbarge

Many years ago, I had Joshua Komisarjevski (of the Petit home invasion) in my cruiser. I drove him around with another cop while he pointed out houses he had broken into. Including another Trooper's house. Talked about walking around in houses while people were home asleep. The creepiest, scariest MF'er I have crossed paths with in 17 years in law enforcement. I bought him a Filt-O-Fish and fries so he would keep confessing crimes. He should have been in prison for many years on those burglary charges, but our wonderful courts released him.

Last edited by Austin Millbarge; 02-16-2013 at 11:26..
Austin Millbarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52   #188
chewybaca67

Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
Tagged.
Old 02-16-2013, 18:56   #189
glockurai

Here's something strange that happened to me.

When I was around 13 I lived temporarily in a rural area in Honduras. When I say rural I mean gravel roads and no street lights. My uncle had purchased a rather large house who according to some was haunted. One night around 2 am I heard someone walking up and down the hallways. It would happen for a few minutes and then stop. At one point I wondered why my uncle was walking around at 2 in the morning. Anyways around 4 am I hear someone attempting to open my wooden bedroom window. I couldn't see anything but it was definitely not the wind. Being well aware of the ruthlessness of gangs in the area I snuck over to my uncle's room. I woke him up and told him to grab the rifle. Even though he was barely awake he didn't question me. He grabbed his rifle and followed me into the room. Once in the room he to observed the window being pulled on. BTW this is all happening in the dark as to not give away the element of surprise. Anyhow, I tell my uncle that on the count of three I would swing the window open and that he should start firing right away. I swung the window open and he immediately began shooting into the darkness. He must have fired between 8-10 rounds. When the shooting stopped it was dead silent. There was no one there. We went outside and saw nothing. It wasn't even windy. Once inside I asked him as to why he was walking up and down the hallway. He said that he thought it was me.
Old 02-16-2013, 19:00   #190
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
Potentially last night. Let's just say when I got home I upped the typical loadout and watched the road until about 6:00 a.m.
Old 02-17-2013, 13:04   #191
geofri
Lifetime Membership
Poikilotherm™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCounty View Post
Potentially last night. Let's just say when I got home I upped the typical loadout and watched the road until about 6:00 a.m.
Do tell!

geofri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 13:54   #192
Foxterriermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockurai View Post
Here's something strange that happened to me. Once inside I asked him as to why he was walking up and down the hallway. He said that he thought it was me.
Similarly, my husband and I had a pop-up camper and decided to take a camping trip out west. We asked a very good friend that had been very recently widowed if she wanted to go with us and she readily agreed. While camping in Taos, NM early one morning - not yet daylight - the camper began to shake and sway as we felt our friend rustling in her end of the camper, walk across the floor, and exit the camper. The noise and movement had roused my husband and myself, but we didn't say anything as we both made the assumption she had left to go use the bathroom.

Quite a period of time passed and our friend didn't return and I started getting alarmed that something was wrong so I wondered aloud, "Isn't she ever going to come back?" When I said that, our friend responded from her end of the camper with, "I am here. I thought one of you had gotten up to go use the bathroom." We were all immediately wide awake and got up to try and figure out what had happened. We all agreed that someone (thing) had been in the camper moving and walking around and that the door had actually opened and shut and someone (thing) had exited, but that it hadn't been any of us.

My husband and I were totally creeped out but our friend very calmly told us that she had been feeling the presence of her deceased husband the entire trip up until that point and believed what we had experienced was him being satisfied that everything was going well for her and it had been him leaving the camper that morning.

I don't believe in ghosts, but I know for a fact that there was something in our camper that morning that hadn't entered the same way it left.

This obviously isn't a story about something evil, but something pretty creepy that we were unable to explain.
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 14:21   #193
econjon

My sister was newly married back in 2001 and she and her husband were in the process of moving out of state and were temporarily staying in one of my parent's spare bedrooms for a few days on their way out of town. I was in college still living at home. One morning at about 2am my mom knocks on my bedroom door and asks if I can come upstairs. When I get up there my parents, sister and brother-in-law were sitting on the bed in the spare bedroom talking. I looked on the bed and in the middle of all of them is my dad's Sako .30-06 hunting rifle. Apparently my sister had woken up and found the rifle lying between she and her husband and nobody had any idea how it got there. They wondered if I was playing a joke. My dad had stored it in his gun room after the deer hunt months before and hadn't touched it since. Anyway, we stayed up for an hour trying to figure it out and couldn't come up with a scenario that made sense. My mom put fresh sheets on the day before and it obviously wasn't there then. My sister knew it wasn't there when they had gone to bed that night, it freaked my dad out pretty good and I know I didn't do it. My brother in law didn't know anything about my dad's guns, etc. It was pretty weird.
econjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 14:36   #194
jbailey8

Send a message via Yahoo to jbailey8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinNJ View Post
He couldn’t breathe and at first no one noticed but me. I promptly stood up, got behind him and performed the Heimlich Maneuver on him. The sausage popped out, to the shock of everyone at the table, still trying to figure out what was happening. After a few silent beats and realizing he was okay, we sat back down and continued eating and joking about what happened.
I experienced something similar to this last year. My wife and I were at her parents' house, the kids were at the table eating in the kitchen and the adults were hanging out in the living room. My 9 year old son ran into the room mouth agape, red faced. I immediately knew he was choking and jumped up and gave him the Heimlich. The chicken came out and I hugged him tightly.

I've been to Iraq, twice as an infantryman. I've seen suicide bombers, car bombers, hurt and killed soldiers; seeing my son choking and the look of "please help me" on his face was the scariest moment of my life. I still tear up thinking of what could've happened if he didn't rush into the living room. I remember being about his age and choking on a Werthers Original my moms friend undoubtedly saved my life.

Sorry to get off topic. Great thread.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
jbailey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:03   #195
Happypuppy

One of the things that has been a surprise when I encountered dangerousness people was how normal many seemed. I had a fellow high school student that had the locker next to mine for 3 years. In our senior year she killed and burned her parents up in the fireplace. She seemed like anyone else, even after she did it

Later in life , in the medical profession I had patients that were incarcerated and became ill during trial. They may have seemed a tad quite , but not anything abnormal. A few were very well known mass murderers. The creepy thing was how average they seemed at the time
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:25   #196
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
One of the things that has been a surprise when I encountered dangerousness people was how normal many seemed. I had a fellow high school student that had the locker next to mine for 3 years. In our senior year she killed and burned her parents up in the fireplace. She seemed like anyone else, even after she did it

Later in life , in the medical profession I had patients that were incarcerated and became ill during trial. They may have seemed a tad quite , but not anything abnormal. A few were very well known mass murderers. The creepy thing was how average they seemed at the time
I deal with them in the prison I work in every day. It can really open your eyes to how evil people can be and still look/act perfectly normal. Murderers, child molesters, and worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 19:45   #197
engineer151515

. . . you know, maybe I'll save this story for another time.

Last edited by engineer151515; 02-17-2013 at 19:55..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 20:00   #198
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowwmn View Post

Gray Rider, it sounds like your friend's husband told your wife exactly what she wanted to hear. Not everyone wants to carry. She was probably very relieved. Not everyone likes to shoot. Not everyone that likes to shoot likes to carry. Just hold a good thought that she will never be in a position to regret the decision.
Thanks crowwmn.

An excellent insight, and not one I would have foreseen or have understood. Still, she's little and cute, and has been approached by some creepy sorts over the years. Worked in home health care in people's homes. I wouldn't go unarmed under those circumstances for the world, but we are dealing with the female mind.

I guess that's why there are so many missing women that will never be found....But. That said. I will hold that good thot, and hope she lives to see her now three year old's children.

Gray_Rider

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 02-18-2013 at 03:26..
Old 02-18-2013, 03:09   #199
MNOD Glocker
always around

A few years ago I was in college and had to write a criminal justice paper about Criminal Vehicular Homicide (CVH). I had to define the statute, what it meant, and then give an example of the statute in real life. The catch was, the crime had to have been a real crime that was reported in the news.

Ironically there had just been an incident where a female in her 60's had killed her husband by running him over with her Jeep. She then took a rope, tied his feet together, and drug him behind her Jeep out into the woods and left him there. Eventually his body was found and she was arrested for CVH. I got an "A-" on the paper by the way.

Fast forward a few years to the current department I work for. I'm working in the detention center and am helping a couple of transport officers because they were short handed that day. As I pick up a load of inmates from one facility, my partner points to this one female and says, in a rather joking manner, "watch out for her, she's dangerous."

The female was in her 60's, heavy set (we had to move her in a wheel chair because she had a hard time walking), and had the appearance of a nice church going lady, and was very nice and polite when she talked with us. I did not know at the time what her charges were that landed her in jail. So anyway, I do the transport, get back to our jail, and I asked my partner what he meant by his earlier statement. He then explained to me she had killed her husband by running him over, and then dragged his body into the woods. Suddenly it dawned on me; "this is the woman I wrote the paper about!!!"

Later that day she goes to court, and I have to wheel her to the court room in her chair. She looks at me and says "do you know why I am here?" and I respond that yes, I do know why and I told her she had actually been the topic of my paper in college. She asked me if I got a good grade on it and I responded I had. She then looked at me, smiled this weird, evil smile, and said "I did my part."
MNOD Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:21   #200
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNOD Glocker View Post
He then explained to me she had killed her husband by running him over, and then dragged his body into the woods. Suddenly it dawned on me; "this is the woman I wrote the paper about!!!"

Later that day she goes to court, and I have to wheel her to the court room in her chair. She looks at me and says "do you know why I am here?" and I respond that yes, I do know why and I told her she had actually been the topic of my paper in college. She asked me if I got a good grade on it and I responded I had. She then looked at me, smiled this weird, evil smile, and said "I did my part."
There is a reason I am pro death penalty for capitol murder amongst other crimes. I keep noting one thing throughout this thread. Evil. Proud. Unadulterated. Evil. And so often it comes wrapped in nice polite looking packaging.

Makes me want to carry even where and when I could be arrested for it...

As a state trooper told an elderly (Very gun friendly) friend of my parent's...."The criminals are right there. They pass by every day, and your home is a few hundred yards away and the first one on the road." He was pointing to a lonely few miles of Rt 50. She kept her revolver handy wherever she was in the house.

Gray_Rider

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 02-18-2013 at 03:36..

Tags
taggerino