Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:52   #301
GLOCK19FTW

Quote:
Not a man-made dam, but the lake is ABOVE where you parked your car, right? I mean, you walk up this hill with plateau's and at the top is a lake. How many feet up? Any idea?
Right. Well, kinda. I'd say maybe 200-300 feet up, since there are 3 hills to climb up. Each one is about 75-100 feet.

Once you reach the top of the 3rd hill, there is a guard rail. You jump over the guard rail & you're on the road/bridge. On the other side of that is the lake.

Quote:
How big of a lake? A mile across? Two? Half? small farm pond?
Not sure, it was dark & our flashlights weren't that powerful. I'd say it was pretty big though, at least a couple of miles radius.

Quote:
And we are talking reasonable driving distance from Kent State - not 40 miles away, yes?
Right - It was maybe a 15-20 mile drive after you passed the liquor store that is on the left - the one after you pass Silver Meadows (if you're coming from Fishcreek Rd)

Quote:
EDIT - western side of Lake Rockwell?
No idea.. lol sorry man :(

It's bugging me just as much as you tho..
/”"”"”"”"”"”"”"\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Last edited by GLOCK19FTW; 03-25-2013 at 12:53..
GLOCK19FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 17:13   #302
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

G19FTW,

You should have looked for the tree before haulin' A, bro. WTH!?

There is now a void in my life because of you.

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
uz2bUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 17:21   #303
GLOCK19FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by uz2bUSMC View Post
G19FTW,

You should have looked for the tree before haulin' A, bro. WTH!?

There is now a void in my life because of you.
LOL!! If the smell wasn't so disgusting we probably would have kept going, but it was just unbearable. There was no way any of us were going 1 step further.

It was a unanimous decision to retreat
/”"”"”"”"”"”"”"\
\_@_@_@_@_/
Old 03-25-2013, 21:05   #304
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Oldie but a goodie (not mine)

Green Children of Banjos. In 1887 two children, a boy and girl, were found alone at a cave near Banjos, Spain. The language they used between themselves was unknown and not Spanish. They both wore similar looking clothes made of a very thin hammered, strange metallic cloth. Their skin had an odd, light green tint. The boy soon died after they were discovered since it was difficult to get either of them to eat. The girl survived, and she was able to at least communicate in some Spanish. She said they had come from a place that had no sun. It was a land of perpetual twilight. She said they heard a loud bang, were then pushed through "something," and then found themselves in the cave. She did not know how long they had been in the cave and didn't leave it during the day because the sun was too hot on their flesh.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:45   #305
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Green Children of Banjos. In 1887 two children, a boy and girl, were found alone at a cave near Banjos, Spain. The language they used between themselves was unknown and not Spanish. They both wore similar looking clothes made of a very thin hammered, strange metallic cloth. Their skin had an odd, light green tint. The boy soon died after they were discovered since it was difficult to get either of them to eat. The girl survived, and she was able to at least communicate in some Spanish. She said they had come from a place that had no sun. It was a land of perpetual twilight. She said they heard a loud bang, were then pushed through "something," and then found themselves in the cave. She did not know how long they had been in the cave and didn't leave it during the day because the sun was too hot on their flesh.
... Because chemtrails.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08   #306
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
And a falsie!

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/1/post/...ight-lies.html
Old 03-26-2013, 09:19   #307
jcrow

Haha....I did the same thing and looked it up.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
jcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46   #308
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

They got them a color-pichur of the boy before he died'ed.

The Okie Corral
Old 03-26-2013, 11:44   #309
jim goose
"The Goose"

When I was in 3rd grade, school let out one afternoon, and as my friend and I were walking home, two older guys in looked like an unmarked cop car, asked us for directions. They were parked about one block down from the school. Their appearance as cops definitely commanded our attention. Right out of the movies. I was about 9 at the time, and they asked us to get into the car and show them where xyz street was. Even at nine, the hair stood up at the back of my neck and I walked off. My friend I believe got in the car! I remember 2 or 3 incidents like that growing up.

Never forget the creeps out there stalking your kids.

Last edited by jim goose; 03-26-2013 at 11:46..
jim goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:00   #310
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Haha....I did the same thing and looked it up.

In order to understand it was false, you mean you had to look it up first?

C'mon... I gots a bridge I've been looking to let go cheap.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05   #311
jcrow

Quote:
In order to understand it was false, you mean you had to look it up first?

C'mon... I gots a bridge I've been looking to let go cheap.
Lol.....just wanted to know the full story....every lie has an element of tru......ahh, forget it:D

jcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21   #312
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Oh I seriously didn't believe it. I looked it up to see if you thought of it out of thin air or if you found it somewhere.

People believe in crop circles and UFO's, too. Some interesting articles online about them.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:34   #313
9mmdude

Almost 30 years ago I had a carpet cleaning company come to my house. The guy completely gave me the creeps. I had my father-in-law come stay with my wife while the carpets were cleaned. A couple of days later the cleaning guy was arrested for killing his wife and newborn baby and loading them in his car in a rolled up piece of carpet. He was wearing a dress when he was arrested.

Last edited by 9mmdude; 03-27-2013 at 09:35..
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:44   #314
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis in ma View Post
they got them a color-pichur of the boy before he died'ed.

The Okie Corral
fify.

Last edited by Hamilton Burger; 03-27-2013 at 23:09..
Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:09   #315
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Oh I seriously didn't believe it. I looked it up to see if you thought of it out of thin air or if you found it somewhere.

People believe in crop circles and UFO's, too. Some interesting articles online about them.
Some people even believe in chemtrails, Bigfoot, 9/11 conspiracies, and that a Jewish guy turned into a zombie a couple days after he died.

Really crazy people out there believing in even crazier stuff.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 20:08   #316
fusegsp

Strange goings on.

Last edited by fusegsp; 03-27-2013 at 20:09..
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 20:41   #317
OneBigDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK19FTW View Post
Right. Well, kinda. I'd say maybe 200-300 feet up, since there are 3 hills to climb up. Each one is about 75-100 feet.

Once you reach the top of the 3rd hill, there is a guard rail. You jump over the guard rail & you're on the road/bridge. On the other side of that is the lake.

Not sure, it was dark & our flashlights weren't that powerful. I'd say it was pretty big though, at least a couple of miles radius.

Right - It was maybe a 15-20 mile drive after you passed the liquor store that is on the left - the one after you pass Silver Meadows (if you're coming from Fishcreek Rd)

No idea.. lol sorry man :(

It's bugging me just as much as you tho..
The liquor store you're talking about is TLC i'm guessing? Was the trail before or after the drive in movie theater in kent?
OneBigDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 21:00   #318
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
When I was in 3rd grade, school let out one afternoon, and as my friend and I were walking home, two older guys in looked like an unmarked cop car, asked us for directions. They were parked about one block down from the school. Their appearance as cops definitely commanded our attention. Right out of the movies. I was about 9 at the time, and they asked us to get into the car and show them where xyz street was. Even at nine, the hair stood up at the back of my neck and I walked off. My friend I believe got in the car! I remember 2 or 3 incidents like that growing up.

OK. So what happened to your friend who got in the car? Was that the last time you ever saw him?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-27-2013, 21:55   #319
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post

Mystic River?
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 23:23   #320
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
My buddy and i went to the shooting range and my buddy invited this guy from his work who I've never met. Thus guy shows up at the range.

He's a Mexican "gangbanger" wearing his colors. We get on the range and he opens a small cardboard box and pulls out a 1911 wrapped in a red bandana.

We shoot for a while, this guy can't even operate his gun. It kept jamming so i took it from him, wiped some of the parts down and oiled it. It started shooting better with less jams.

A few months later my buddy told me this guy got arrested for murdering two people with that same 1911.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Ok not creepy. but...

Had a slightly similar one. Local Officer had a gent firing a pistol off his back porch @10pm Well his house WAS outside city limits...
He first said it was the .22lr pistol then admitted it was the PPK(s) in .380.
Well Officer wanted to keep gun. I argued since he had not charged him, there was no report, no receipt, and it was days later... He should give the gun back. Basicly he told guy "hand it over, goodnight"
So he hands i to me, I "play" with it. He goes back to guys place and gives him his gun back.
Before end of month he calls me. "We had a murder,attempted tonight" This guy came home, found his wife in bed with another and shot them both. With that PPKs that had my fingerprints all over it. (I really hope he cleaned it when he got it back)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:25   #321
GLOCK19FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBigDude View Post
The liquor store you're talking about is TLC i'm guessing? Was the trail before or after the drive in movie theater in kent?
I don't remember exactly but TLC does sound right.

& I THINK it was before the drive in. It was dark out & I was pretty buzzed tho, so I might have just not been paying attention if we did pass it. lol

It's somewhere around there tho (or at least it used to be back then!)
/”"”"”"”"”"”"”"\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Last edited by GLOCK19FTW; 03-28-2013 at 09:26..
Old 03-28-2013, 10:07   #322
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Wait. You were pretty buzzed, but SURE the field was miles large and it was miles TO the location.

Maybe they moved the lake.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:08   #323
GLOCK19FTW

I'm 100% certain about the dimensions & the layout of the place - just not sure how to get there. lol
/”"”"”"”"”"”"”"\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Last edited by GLOCK19FTW; 03-28-2013 at 10:09..
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12   #324
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

That's some magic booze you be drinkin, yo.

This is getting like the "I got a safe" thread. It better deliver or you are in trouble. I want to see a dead body hanging from a tree from Google Earth.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58   #325
GLOCK19FTW

I dunno what the smell was..

For all I know, some lunatic could have strung up a dead pet dog that he named Kevin or something.

It didn't say Kevin the human. lol I just know as soon as we seen that sprayed on the road, a disgusting smell came over us.

& na.. wasn't any special beer, just good old bud light.
/”"”"”"”"”"”"”"\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Tags
taggerino