Mr KV

Enjoy reading this thread while I'm at work. Keep it coming guys
Mr KV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:11   #277
AZLawDawg
Oh, Oh, Oh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas357 View Post
Were the guys caught? Your description of the conversation sounds like it might have been helpful to the police, unless the guys completely lied to you.
I gave a complete description, twice, once to uniformed PD and a second time to Detectives. After that, I never heard a thing, which leads me to believe they all got away.
AZLawDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:28   #278
GLOCK19FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas357 View Post
I'm not even from the area, but Now you've caught my curiousity. From the sound of your descripttion, were those embankments part of flood control stuctures? Water retention?
No, they were just giant grass hills.

Once you reached the top of the 3rd hill & jumped over the guard rail you're on top of the old abandoned bridge.

On the other side of that bridge is the lake.

Since I can't find anything on Google Maps without knowing the exact location, I'll draw a little diagram in MSPaint & post it back shortly. lol
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Last edited by GLOCK19FTW; 03-24-2013 at 10:29..
GLOCK19FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46   #279
GLOCK19FTW

Feel free to laugh

I know I did when I was making it, LOL

The Okie Corral

Couldn't fit anything else, but yea when you walk to the right it goes on for miles then cuts out on that end too, where a huge section of the bridge collapsed.

Then when you walk across that & climb the hill to get to the top of the other bridge section, that's where we seen it spray painted on the road.
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/
Old 03-24-2013, 12:56   #280
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK19FTW View Post
Feel free to laugh

The Okie Corral

Couldn't fit anything else, but yea when you walk to the right it goes on for miles then cuts out on that end too, where a huge section of the bridge collapsed.

Then when you walk across that & climb the hill to get to the top of the other bridge section, that's where we seen it spray painted on the road.
I live in Uniontown/Hartville (Lake Township) area- 15-20 minutes away from Kent State. Do you know the road that is drawn on your map? What lake did you draw? Any major route near the area? I'm thinking the backside of the Ravenna Arsenal? That military installation is huge and is heavily gaurded, Ive heard every rumor from aliens to government experiments to hauntings surrounding that place over the years. There's a lake near Kent/Ravenna I fish a lot in the summer called Lake Hogson- big lake with a lot of acres of woods surrounding the area- near Kent State football stadium. Just curious.

Last edited by Delmonte67; 03-24-2013 at 13:13..
Delmonte67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 13:04   #281
GLOCK19FTW

I don't think it's the arsenal because the building that hangs over the lake is REALLY small.

I THINK we took Main street all the way out of Kent towards Ravenna, then once you hit the border or somewhere close to it, you'll see a wide shoulder, maybe 10-15 car lengths long.

There's an opening to the woods right there. You just follow the trail for a couple of miles & eventually you'll run in to the giant opening with the 3 hills & fields, and at the top you'll see the guard rail to the bridge.

I'm pretty sure it was Main street.. Unless we turned off somewhere, which I don't remember doing - but I wasn't driving so I can't be 100% sure..

Whenever you have some time, head down Main towards Ravenna & if you see a wide shoulder on the side of the road with an opening to the woods, that's your spot.

I tried following Main on Google Maps but I couldn't find anything.. too many lakes around there for me to pinpoint which one it could be.

Also - definitely couldn't have been the arsenal since it wasn't guarded (aside from the mystery ghost cop car on the bridge that came out of nowhere)

If it were, I doubt we would have made it all the way up there without being stopped or shot. lol
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Last edited by GLOCK19FTW; 03-24-2013 at 13:11..
Old 03-24-2013, 13:05   #282
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67 View Post
I live in Uniontown/Hartville area- 15-20 minutes away from Kent State. Do you know the road that is drawn on your map? Any major route near the area? I'm thinking the backside of the Ravenna Arsenal? That military installation is huge and is heavily gaurded, Ive heard every rumor from aliens to government experiments to hauntings surrounding that place over the years.
That's what I figured it was. It's a very immense facility.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 13:28   #283
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

I have tomorrow off, hell I would talk the wife into driving out that way this afternoon but weather is calling for 5-8 inches of snow later. Even though my Explorer has 4x4 she still gets freaky when it snows. I live for this kind of ghost/ creepy stuff especially with local lore, and my wife thinks I'm a freak because I watch all the ghosthunters/ghost adventures stuff and buy books about local creepy legends and listen to Coast to Coast am-lol! What can I say- Halloween has always been my favorite holiday- usually throw a party every year. I'm gonna try and figure this area out, maybe tonight (after The Walking Dead) Ill do some google map searching- curiousity is killing me!

Last edited by Delmonte67; 03-24-2013 at 13:32..
Delmonte67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 13:42   #284
GLOCK19FTW

Definitely, I hope the directions lead ya there :(

I haven't given up on trying to get them from some of the other people who used to go with us though - if they ever get back to me with them I'll be sure to post that up for you & everyone else.

Til then, this is all I can really think of that might lead you there.

It was AGES ago when we went (maybe 10-11 years ago) so my memory of how to get there isn't too great anymore..

BUT I'm like 80% certain it was just straight down Main.
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Last edited by GLOCK19FTW; 03-24-2013 at 13:43..
Old 03-24-2013, 15:25   #285
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

Ill give a drive out soon, let you know if I find an area similar to your map.
Old 03-24-2013, 15:38   #286
Sniff

Ten years ago I was FTO to a brand new cop, fresh out of the box. Ex Navy and a great guy.

One Friday night we went to a crash where a young English language student from China had lost control of a Nissan Skyline and hit a bunch of cars outside a bar after taking off too fast from a set of traffic lights.

We saved his arse from a kicking by the owners of the cars who were all leaving the bar at the time.

He didn't say much and looked pretty vacant, no alcohol involved though.

It was a marginal call to arrest him for Dangerous Driving or just issue a summons for Careless Driving. But we decided to lock him up and get his fingerprints and photo on file as he had only been in New Zealand for a few months.

As I was the FTO, my partner made the arrest (only his first or second ever).

On searching him we found a big folding knife in his pocket. 'Smith & Wesson SWAT Tactical' with a tanto shaped blade. "For cutting apples" he claimed.

He was processed and bailed from the watch house within a couple of hours and the knife went into the exhibits store.

Two nights later at 10.00pm we are in line up at the start of our shift when we get dispatched to reports of a fight at an address which sounded familar.

Of course it was the address of the guy we arrested two nights before.

Two late shift cars got there first and managed to save the life of one guy who had been stabbed in the chest and staggered across the road to another house for help before collapsing.

It was too late for another guy lying across the footpath outside with blood literally still running down the gutter from a knife wound in his chest that had hit the heart.

The comms centre was trying to ring the original caller for more information, but he was the one who was still barely alive.

On entry to the actual house, the body of a 22 year old female with 20 stab wounds and her throat cut ear to ear was found in the bedroom. Ex girlfriend of the guy we had arrested two nights before.

They had broken up and she had come to pick up her stuff from his house.

He stabbed her 20 times and cut her throat "just to scare her", before changing into clean clothes, collecting his wallet and cellphone, walking out the front door and stabbing the girlfriends two friends who had given her a lift to get her stuff.

At least we were able to give the detectives a good suspect right from the start and a very recent photo of him (once we were able to make them take notice of a couple of uniform cops).

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...jectid=3571940

His rich father in China sent a blank cheque for his defence in Court.

Two lawyers actually got into a physical fight in the courtroom over who was going to represent him.

He got 19 years non parole in the end.

Sniff
Sniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 15:52   #287
engineer151515

Quote:
Feel free to laugh

Wouldn't surprise me if a whole group of GT'ers were found having a picnic there.
Old 03-24-2013, 16:24   #288
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

Quote:
Definitely, I hope the directions lead ya there :(

I haven't given up on trying to get them from some of the other people who used to go with us though - if they ever get back to me with them I'll be sure to post that up for you & everyone else.

Til then, this is all I can really think of that might lead you there.

It was AGES ago when we went (maybe 10-11 years ago) so my memory of how to get there isn't too great anymore..

BUT I'm like 80% certain it was just straight down Main.
I found this on a website, its near Ravenna its has Indian mounds/ fields near the lake. Never know? http://www.deadohio.com/townerswoods.htm
Old 03-24-2013, 16:45   #289
GLOCK19FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67 View Post
I found this on a website, its near Ravenna its has Indian mounds/ fields near the lake. Never know? http://www.deadohio.com/townerswoods.htm
That's not it, but I've been there too.
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/
Old 03-24-2013, 17:26   #290
AA_Khost

Quote:
That's not it, but I've been there too.
Maybe West Branch State Park area?

'Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty'-Thomas Jefferson
AA_Khost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 18:00   #291
armorer1911

My most creepy moment was as a Texas Police Officer in the DFW Metroplex. We had been running Radar on I-20 and took a break for a cool drink in the tiny stop and go store in a remote area. The store had a warning that "Caution, this store is manned by a Police Officer armed with a Shotgun". As I got back into the patrol car I inquired with my training officer. He said "some guy got killed in there by someone with a .22 pistol after he turned his back". The offender took cigaretts, money and left"; "He had Polio and walked with a limp"....... I said to my Trainer "Lee, they ever catch that guy"? He put on his sunglasses, readjusted the radar repying "No,never caught him". Having left this agency, moving further north employed in another Police Department. I was watchiing CNN News with that infamous crime mapping, complete with arrow pointing to a location . Yes, there was that store we had visited that hot day in North Texas on a remote stretch of Texas Highway. The Texas Rangers along Officers from my agency had the confessed killer in handcuffs. A man by the name of Henry Lee Lucas, convicted mass murderer, perhaps the most prolific interstate killer. I got the answer some seven years later.
I remember thinking to myself, "what kind of guy would do something like that"? The answer would later play out........ a mass murderer. There are all types of criminals and this was just one example of one in my long career. ARMORER1911

Last edited by armorer1911; 03-24-2013 at 18:07..
armorer1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 18:07   #292
Khao

Everytime I look in the mirror.
Old 03-24-2013, 18:48   #293
GLOCK19FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA_Khost View Post
Maybe West Branch State Park area?
No idea... hopefully Del can find it & let us know exactly where it is (and maybe design a better map for everyone else) lol
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50   #294
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

I looked on google maps and just too much area to cover, there's a lot of land out there and a lot of lakes in Northeast Ohio anyway. Problem is that there's probably 1000 trails that lead off Main st. along the road in that area. Maybe take a drive soon when the snow melts away.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:02   #295
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
When I was a teen I used to hang out with the older crowds.

Somehow, they found out about this place I'm about to describe, and we started going there like every other night until this happened.

We used to go there late at night (11pm, 12am, REALLY late at night) and we typically had a group of about 7 or 8 people that went along.

I can't remember the exact city, BUT maybe someone will read this post & know where I'm talking about that can identify it.

It was outside of Kent, OH - Maybe Ravenna or something.

Anyway:

There is this rest stop on the side of the road, not a building or anything - Just like a widened shoulder.

It had a trail that led in to the woods. So one night, we decided to take our stuff & go for a hike to explore.

We loaded up the drinks, flashlights, etc. and one of the older guys carried a pistol, just in case we came across animals or anything like that.

The trail went on for about 2 miles, curving, twisting, winding..

It finally opens up to a HUGE field - literally miles in each direction.

The field has probably a 70 degree incline that goes up about 100 feet.

Once you reach the top, it flattens out for about 300 feet.

After you climb that & walk across, there is another 70 degree incline that goes up about 100 feet and then flattens out, like the first does.

Then, when you travel across that 2nd flattened part, there is a 3rd & final incline - again, about 70 degree angle, and about 100 feet up.

So - we make it to the VERY top of these 3 hills, and at the top, there is a bridge with guard rails & everything, overlooking some kind of lake.

At the left side of the bridge, there is a government building that is protected by 20 foot fences, razor wire, etc. that hangs out over this lake on another side-bridge, I guess you could call it.

Obviously we weren't going to try & get in there, so we started walking down the bridge to the right (the left side ended after the building, so we could only go right)

We walked about 2 miles, and all of a sudden a police car pulls up alongside us.

He asked us what we were doing out there, how we found the place, checked our ID's and that was it.

I found it particularly strange, since I was a minor.. but he let us go on our way & told us to just be careful.

He drives off towards the way we had come from and we didn't think much else about it - YET.

After another 2 or 3 miles, we reached the end of the bridge.

It had collapsed years before in that section. Probably a good half-mile gap to the other side that was still standing.

There is absolutely NO WAY that car came from this way...

Man, I literally just got goosebumps just from recalling this as I type.. creepy..

So anyway - We climbed down the embankment & continued walking across the bottom, along the part that had collapsed.

When we reached the other side that was still standing, we climbed up that embankment & continued on our way.

All of a sudden, my flashlight came across something spray painted on the road in front of us, and we all stopped dead in our tracks.

It said:

"You can smell the tree that Kevin is hanging from"

Right when I read it aloud to everyone, this disgusting smell came over us.

It was the smell of death. (More goosebumps as I type... lol very weird stuff man.. I can remember it like it was yesterday..)

We all turned around & ran as fast as we could, down the embankment, across the bottom, up the other embankment, and the 3 or 4 miles it took to get back to the government building.

So we start making our way back down the fields/hills. As we approached the last hill, we all seen these red, glowing eyes.. Kind of like a dog or something.. but then they just disappeared in to thin air.

We all ran back through the trail as fast as we could. I don't think I've ever done that much consecutive running in my entire life.

We got back to the truck & hauled ass out of there.

I don't know WTF was going on in that area and I don't care to.

Some weird **** took place out there tho..

And to this day, I still have no explanation as to where that police car could have come from.

The building at the left side of the bridge was nowhere near big enough to park a car in, and the bridge just ends in both directions..

I'll see if I can find an overhead view of this place on Google Maps.

If so, I'll label everything & post back with it.

If anyone who lives in that area has been there & knows the place I'm talking about, please chime in so I can try to locate it on Google Maps.

Cuz I'm not finding anything & I don't remember how we got there, so I can't trace it from that road..
Just to quote the whole thing on a new page. . .

1. How long since you've been a teen?

2. Is it possible you don't clearly remember the dimensions and such? Field for miles - there isn't a field for miles near Kent State near a lake. Plenty with woods between field and lake and such.

3. How is there a bridge at the edge of a lake? I'm confused.

I'm betting that this is different than you remember it and, while still a cool place, we could look for days and not find what you remember. :( But it's be cool if true.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:31   #296
GLOCK19FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Just to quote the whole thing on a new page. . .

1. How long since you've been a teen?

2. Is it possible you don't clearly remember the dimensions and such? Field for miles - there isn't a field for miles near Kent State near a lake. Plenty with woods between field and lake and such.

3. How is there a bridge at the edge of a lake? I'm confused.

I'm betting that this is different than you remember it and, while still a cool place, we could look for days and not find what you remember. :( But it's be cool if true.
1, about 10+ years since I've been there. Maybe 12.. not exactly sure.

2, Na - the dimensions are exactly as explained. You have to walk through a trail for about 2-3 miles before you ever reach the field.

Once you get there, that's where the field & hills go in both directions for miles.

3, Na - the bridge is on the edge of the lake - like on the outer banks of it like it shows in the diagram I did.

Then there is a part of the bridge that hangs out over the lake with the gov. building on it like I have in the little diagram.

My description is exact, I know it's been a long time since I went there but I would never forget that layout.

We used to go there like every other night until this happened.

Each time we would push a little bit further down the road, eventually crossing the collapsed part of the bridge & going up the other side where we seen that spray painted on the road.

I know, I know - it sounds crazy as hell. I swear it's 100% true tho.

Just to show that I'm not making this up, here's a screenshot of the FB conversation where I asked her how to get there:

The Okie Corral

I still haven't heard back from her yet, but as soon as she does get back to me I'll let you know
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/
Old 03-25-2013, 11:02   #297
jthrelf

Not me but...

A girl that my girlfriend went through school with had some mild developmental problems and was killed and dismembered by two brothers that lived next door. This happened in a nice upper-middle class town in NJ.

She was a little slow but nonetheless nice and kept to herself, most of the kids let her do her thing, don't think that the teasing was out of control.

One night the older brother told the girl to come over. He'd been drinking. He hit her with a pipe and either killed her instantly or beat her more until she died. From the story it seems like the younger brother was less guilty but just got roped into the terrible situation.

They dismembered her and put the body into a suitcase. Around 3-4 am they went to dump the body somewhere, in a river I believe. An angel of justice must have been looking out because at their proposed dump site, they were confronted by two LEOs. They immediately smelt blood on the boys and ended up finding the body in the trunk. I believe they were both tried as adults.

Another scary part, the two families still live next to each other...
jthrelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:00   #298
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

OK. The dates were to figure out if it's just been developed since you were last there. . . or if it is now full of trees.

How is it a bridge if it's on the side of a lake? Doesn't that make it just a road? Was the road cantilevered over the water or something? Just trying to picture it all in my mind.

Your picture makes it look like some sort of dam. Similar to the earthen dam at Quabbin Res. in Massachusetts.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:24   #299
GLOCK19FTW

Yeah, its basically just a road - but when you walk down to the end it turns in to a bridge that has collapsed.

It's hard to explain.. lol it isn't a dam tho, I'm not really sure how to explain it better :(
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Last edited by GLOCK19FTW; 03-25-2013 at 12:25..
Old 03-25-2013, 12:35   #300
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Not a man-made dam, but the lake is ABOVE where you parked your car, right? I mean, you walk up this hill with plateau's and at the top is a lake. How many feet up? Any idea?

How big of a lake? A mile across? Two? Half? small farm pond? And we are talking reasonable driving distance from Kent State - not 40 miles away, yes?

This has me totally intrigued. It's like when I got a bug up my butt about finding the Hollywood sign on Google Maps. THAT was hard. It was shot almost straight down and it took me a long time to find it with no depth perception of it.

EDIT - western side of Lake Rockwell?

Last edited by Dennis in MA; 03-25-2013 at 12:44..
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
taggerino