Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:56   #1
tercel89

Glocks with "+" or 8# connectors

When Glocks have "+" or 8# connectors are their trigger springs , safety plunger springs and firing pin springs any different ? Or is it usually just the "+"connecotr in it ?
I just got a used G22 with a lot of aftermarket parts in it. The previous owner gave me the old orginal parts which included a "+" connector. I cant tell right now from just looking at all three springs , but I am wondering if they are all just like the regular springs ? Or do Glocks with the "+" connectors have different spings to go along with them ?
I can't put it back together just now and test it due to high volume of work hours I'm putting in but I'm just anxious and curious.
Thanks for any help .
tercel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:15   #2
Totn27

If the previous owner changed the connector, there is a chance that the springs were changed also, a good way to tell is the color of the springs, many of the aftermarket springs that lighten the trigger pull are darker in color, OEM springs have a much lighter color, not necessarily shinier but lighter.

If you bought it used, for what little amount that the springs cost, it would be a good idea to go ahead and buy a set of of new OEM springs.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Totn27; 07-04-2014 at 10:19..
Totn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 13:26   #3
4Rules

What trigger do I have in my Glock?
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1163390

Glock Detail Stripping Q&A and Instructional References
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683337
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 14:22   #4
tercel89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Rules View Post
What trigger do I have in my Glock?
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1163390

Glock Detail Stripping Q&A and Instructional References
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683337
Thanks for the link but I agree with TeddyB when he posted this " That does not explain the Zev and Wolf 6# coil trigger springs. They look just like a 5# Glock coil spring"

That is what I am asking. I cant tell if the trigger spring is a Glock 5lb spring or a different brand and weight .
But I guess when I get time to mess with it I'll find out.

Last edited by tercel89; 07-04-2014 at 14:23..
Old 07-04-2014, 14:57   #5
Dave.1

You can't always tell by the color of the springs. Here are two Lone Wolf 6 Lb trigger springs.
General Glocking

Here is a stock Glock 5 Lb trigger spring (top) compared to a Lone Wolf 6 Lb trigger spring.
General Glocking

I don't know if this will help unless you have parts there to compare with your G22.

Dave
Dave.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 15:39   #6
Totn27

Dave, I`m glad you had some pics to post, it shows exactly what I was saying. I did not have any pics, thanks.

OP

Look at the color of the above Glock OEM spring, if your springs do not look like that, you will know they are aftermarket.

They are always lighter in color and rarely have I seen any OEM spring that are shiny.

Last edited by Totn27; 07-04-2014 at 15:41..
Totn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 15:44   #7
Dave.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totn27 View Post
Look at the color of the above Glock OEM spring, if your springs do not look like that, you will know they are aftermarket.

They are always lighter in color and rarely have I seen any OEM spring that are shiny.
Glad to help, Totn27, and your are right, the after market parts are definitely shiny.

Dave
Dave.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 16:33   #8
Bruce M

I agree that if there is a question as to the springs replacing them probably would be a good choice especially if the gun will be carried.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 16:56   #9
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel89 View Post
When Glocks have "+" or 8# connectors are their trigger springs , safety plunger springs and firing pin springs any different ?
Nope.

Quote:
Or is it usually just the "+"connecotr in it ?
Yup, take one connector out, put the other one in.....UNLESS the gun has a NY trigger spring in it, the '+' connector is not to be used with a NY spring.

I agree with replacing the springs with new Glock springs, then you know what you've got. Get an original 5.5lb connector too.

If you can take it to a GSSF match, the factory armorer there will do it for you free, and while you wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Patron Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56   #10
tercel89

Thanks guys

I just ordered 3 new pins , new firing pin spring , trigger spring , safety plunger and safety plunger spring , and a new connector. From what I can tell , the rest is factory.
I just like good ole factory specs when it comes to my carry guns .