Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:14   #1
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

ZEV Tech Duty Trigger

Glockworx has a new aftermarket trigger that they are marketing as a duty / defense gun trigger. Has anyone tried it? Feedback?

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx...93310&CAT=3688

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Short Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28   #2
lyodbraun

Man thats one expensive trigger,prices start at $250... YIKES !!!!
lyodbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54   #3
WayneJessie

Does it come with gold pixie dust or is that optional?
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 13:28   #4
TxGlock9

I think it's definitely worth it. I think it allows you to curve bullets too, Angelina style..
Old 02-05-2013, 18:53   #5
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGlock9 View Post
I think it's definitely worth it. I think it allows you to curve bullets too, Angelina style..
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07   #6
M3Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
Man thats one expensive trigger,prices start at $250... YIKES !!!!
Actually, they start at $150. $250 is for the Ultimate Kit which includes a bunch of other parts including a skeletonized striker. Considering that the trigger is made out of a solid aluminium and that's the list price, it's not unreasonable.

I would get the one with adjustable travel for the same price though. I have their stainless steel trigger (ultimate kit) on my G35, and it's fantastic!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
M3Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:58   #7
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Rocket View Post
Actually, they start at $150. $250 is for the Ultimate Kit which includes a bunch of other parts including a skeletonized striker. Considering that the trigger is made out of a solid aluminium and that's the list price, it's not unreasonable.

I would get the one with adjustable travel for the same price though. I have their stainless steel trigger (ultimate kit) on my G35, and it's fantastic!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
I was wondering why they made the duty trigger when their other Fulcrum adusable is available, for the same cost even.

Do you see the adjustment part of the trigger as something that could lead to a failure and therefore wouldn't be recommend for a duty/defense gun?

Old 02-11-2013, 17:15   #8
Craigyfs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Cut View Post
I was wondering why they made the duty trigger when their other Fulcrum adusable is available, for the same cost even.

Do you see the adjustment part of the trigger as something that could lead to a failure and therefore wouldn't be recommend for a duty/defense gun?
The duty trigger was made at the request of several law enforcement departments. It has a shorter pre travel and a shorter over travel then a stock trigger but is not adjustable like the fulcrum. The fulcrum was designed as a competition trigger and the duty was designed for carry.
And a lot of law enforcement departments wont allow any kind of adjustable trigger.

Last edited by Craigyfs1; 02-11-2013 at 17:19..
Craigyfs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 17:34   #9
JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigyfs1 View Post
The duty trigger was made at the request of several law enforcement departments. It has a shorter pre travel and a shorter over travel then a stock trigger but is not adjustable like the fulcrum. The fulcrum was designed as a competition trigger and the duty was designed for carry.
And a lot of law enforcement departments wont allow any kind of adjustable trigger.

Can you provide a list of LEA's that requested this trigger?
JBP55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 18:19   #10
Craigyfs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
Can you provide a list of LEA's that requested this trigger?
I understand the request, however at this time I can not. There are a lot of agencies that are doing test and review and for obvious reason I cant say who they are.. There are officers that use the duty and or fulcrum, where their department does not care what they use...
Old 02-11-2013, 22:56   #11
AustinTx

I can't believe any LEA would be dumb enough, to not use the Glock OEM trigger.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 23:02   #12
Craigyfs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTx View Post
I can't believe any LEA would be dumb enough, to not use the Glock OEM trigger.
Doesn't mean it isn't true

And please tell me how it's dumb? Are u implying that a plastic trigger is more reliable than an aluminum one? Or that a plastic nubbin is a better safety than a actual safety spring?

Last edited by Craigyfs1; 02-11-2013 at 23:05..
Old 02-11-2013, 23:29   #13
tonyparson

Deleted

Last edited by tonyparson; 10-25-2013 at 19:15..
tonyparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 00:03   #14
Craigyfs1

Look I was just giving info, we can debate OEM triggers vs "aftermarket" all day long.. If u like the factory then please stick with it. Just know there are other options. That's it. I wasn't trying to get into a debate... Geeezzz way to make a new guy feel welcome... Lol
Old 02-12-2013, 00:36   #15
bentbiker
NRA Member

Craig, thanks for coming here to explain your new product. I'm guessing the skeptics have never tried your products or services. I can certainly verify that the Glock trigger is made like a toy compared to the Fulcrum. I was trying to welcome you before you replied, but I spent too much time on your site trying to see if you mention a money-back guarantee; I've never needed one.
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 00:53   #16
Craigyfs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
Craig, thanks for coming here to explain your new product. I'm guessing the skeptics have never tried your products or services. I can certainly verify that the Glock trigger is made like a toy compared to the Fulcrum. I was trying to welcome you before you replied, but I spent too much time on your site trying to see if you mention a money-back guarantee; I've never needed one.
Thank you.. I wasn't even coming in as a company rep like I said I was just offering info on the trigger.. And if u needed a refund or didn't care for something I know that is a easy fix.. I don't handle sales or the web site. I do all the grip and slide work....
Old 02-12-2013, 01:40   #17
bentbiker
NRA Member

Quote:
And if u needed a refund or didn't care for something I know that is a easy fix.. I don't handle sales or the web site.
I figured that might be a solution for those questioning the worth of the triggers.

Quote:
I do all the grip and slide work....
You milled my G19 slide for my RMR -- a perfect job.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:48   #18
INEEDMILK

I've never heard of any kind of law enforcement agency allowing their officers to adjust duty weapons from stock, ESPECIALLY not the trigger.

Quote:
Doesn't mean it isn't true

And please tell me how it's dumb? Are u implying that a plastic trigger is more reliable than an aluminum one? Or that a plastic nubbin is a better safety than a actual safety spring?
It has nothing to do with reliability. It has to do with liability.

INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:22   #19
bentbiker
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INEEDMILK View Post
I've never heard of any kind of law enforcement agency allowing their officers to adjust duty weapons from stock, ESPECIALLY not the trigger.

It has nothing to do with reliability. It has to do with liability.
I think Craig agrees with you. He stated in his original post that this was the reason Glockworx designed the Duty model -- so that it was not adjustable. I don't think it was ever stated that the individual officers might be authorized to install the triggers themselves.

Perhaps they want to lessen the chance of the city's liability by installing triggers with a much more robust trigger safety. Possible? And wouldn't you think that increased reliability would translate to decreased potential for liability?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50   #20
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

Craig, thanks for signing up and adding information straight from the horse's mouth.

Welcome to GT!