GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02   #76
G36's Rule
Senior Member
 
G36's Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Spring, TX.
Posts: 14,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
So why is it? Because we deserve it? Kinda like those people in the World Trade Centers deserved it? They were just asking for it weren't they? All their children deserve to grow up without a parent(s) don't they?

This is one of the dumbest posts I've read in a long time (not surprising in a RP thread). You're clearly implying that bad things happen for a reason. What did the European Jews do wrong in the 1930s and 40s? What did those kids at Sandy Hook do wrong? I mean, clearly Adam Lanza had a good reason WHY he would shoot them, huh?

Go ahead, start clarifying and backpedaling.
Good luck with that. Paulbots aren't known for clear thinking.

Last edited by G36's Rule; 02-06-2013 at 08:02..
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07   #77
Flying-Dutchman
Senior Member
 
Flying-Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPX View Post
Kyle glorified the killing of 160 people. He wrote a book about it and made money off of it.
Hero my arse.
Bottom line. Paul in this case, has it right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
A combat veteran is not a murderer.

Two Silver Stars; I guess that’s nothing.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12   #78
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic
 
Diesel McBadass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPX View Post
Kyle glorified the killing of 160 people. He wrote a book about it and made money off of it.
Hero my arse.
Bottom line. Paul in this case, has it right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
You're such a tool. Go be stupid somewhere else.
__________________
Rest In Peace Silent_Runner.
Diesel McBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09   #79
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,720


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I find it fascinating that the aPaulogists were just fine and dandy with Iran and North Korea having nuclear warheads that could strike the United States. .
Fine with it? No. Just acknowledging the fact that it will happen regardless and asking how much blood and treasure should be expended in a futile attempt to stop it.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52   #80
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I find it fascinating that the aPaulogists were just fine and dandy with Iran and North Korea having nuclear warheads that could strike the United States. It seemed to me that their major excitment is "Paul is going to legalize pot". So, what I gathered from the aPaulogists, who helped Obama win in much the same way Perot helped Clitnton win, that he has finally gone "too far".

He went too far a long time ago. So, the gist I get from aPaulogists, that his antisemitism, we deserve what we get from hostile countires, and lets all smoke weed while we get nuked till we glow was "okay". However, making an off handed remark about Chris Kyle is what makes people jump out of the Paul boat?

Honestly, I wish he had made some sort of similar remark early on last year. That way Obama wouldn't be trying to destroy the economy, and the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution by hook and by crook now.
Looks like all your RP "knowledge" comes from GT. He has written some books, gave some speeches a that clearly defines his positions if you would take some time to read them.
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:58   #81
DaveShooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 136
Remember Sgt Alvin York said to his officer in reguard to he had to take Geman lives in order to Save American lives.
In which that is what Kyle did saving alot of American lives over in the Sandbox wars.
Chris Kyle always will be an American Hero
As I have written a poem yesterday on poetry.com titled: "The Best Of The Best"-By David Smith-Please check it out if you get the chance.
DaveShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59   #82
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,169


The video of at the bottom of the page is a very well thought out response.

LINK

He nails it.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 14:37   #83
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShooter View Post
Remember Sgt Alvin York said to his officer in reguard to he had to take Geman lives in order to Save American lives.
In which that is what Kyle did saving alot of American lives over in the Sandbox wars.
Chris Kyle always will be an American Hero
As I have written a poem yesterday on poetry.com titled: "The Best Of The Best"-By David Smith-Please check it out if you get the chance.

True enough. But trying to use reason and logic on someone who is stupid enough to call a solider killing in the line of duty a murderer is most likely a waste of time. The numbskull who posted that is either trolling or brain dead.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:17   #84
skeeter1959
Senior Member
 
skeeter1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPX View Post
Kyle glorified the killing of 160 people. He wrote a book about it and made money off of it.
Hero my arse.
Bottom line. Paul in this case, has it right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
This has to be the all time stupidest post on this board.

Chris Kyle killed people who were intent on killing us. Don't be an infant.
skeeter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:35   #85
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Good luck with that. Paulbots aren't known for clear thinking.
It's the cannibis haze.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:37   #86
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
Looks like all your RP "knowledge" comes from GT. He has written some books, gave some speeches a that clearly defines his positions if you would take some time to read them.
I watched all the debates. I got the gist of Paul early on:


__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:38   #87
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I watched all the debates. I got the gist of Paul early on:


the simpsons old grey mare - YouTube
Have you read his books?
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:54   #88
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter1959 View Post
This has to be the all time stupidest post on this board.

Chris Kyle killed people who were intent on killing us. Don't be an infant.
Wait....are you suggesting Iraqis were intent on killing Americans? Who exactly is "us"? If you mean some were intent on killing US soldiers that invaded a country under false pretenses then yeah Im not surprised some wanted to kill you. If the Chinese invaded America, I imagine some Americans would want to kill the Chinese invaders. If you mean they wanted to kill the average American citizen at home then you're too brainwashed to even begin to try to help.
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 16:22   #89
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Wait....are you suggesting Iraqis were intent on killing Americans? Who exactly is "us"? If you mean some were intent on killing US soldiers that invaded a country under false pretenses then yeah Im not surprised some wanted to kill you. If the Chinese invaded America, I imagine some Americans would want to kill the Chinese invaders. If you mean they wanted to kill the average American citizen at home then you're too brainwashed to even begin to try to help.
I think you'll have to go back to around 1990 to find the origins of the problems the USA was having with Iraq. Best i can remember, they started it. We had a cease fire agreement, and they violated it, repeatedly.

It's amazing how your lack of historical background has warped your sense of who is the good guy, and who is the bad guy.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 17:37   #90
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Wait....are you suggesting Iraqis were intent on killing Americans? Who exactly is "us"? If you mean some were intent on killing US soldiers that invaded a country under false pretenses then yeah Im not surprised some wanted to kill you. If the Chinese invaded America, I imagine some Americans would want to kill the Chinese invaders. If you mean they wanted to kill the average American citizen at home then you're too brainwashed to even begin to try to help.
You clearly have access to the internet. Break away from surfing porn for a second and do a little historical research. As posted above the invasion of Iraq was indeed a required follow up action the 1st Gulf War. Ever heard of Kuwait?

One would think by reading your post that you were routing for Americans to be killed in Iraq.....

Why don't you drop yourself in the middle of Baghdad next week wearing your American Flag t-shirt and walk around for a while to see how those poor opposed Iraqi "freedom fighters" feel about you as a average American citizen. Maybe you will get invited for dinner at someones home.

None of this of course has anything to do with the direct subject of this thread. The man who lost his life way to early gave more to this country than that old goat Ron Paul has in his long life. He should shut his trap and show due respect. Implying that he lost his life and that was somehow was justified by his actions in defense of this country while in the military is the pinnacle of arrogance by RP.

Last edited by Ruggles; 02-06-2013 at 17:38..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:29   #91
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,359


A veteran was murdered, and a washed up insane politician gleefully says he deserved to be shot in the back.

Discusting.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:32   #92
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
A veteran was murdered, and a washed up insane politician gleefully says he deserved to be shot in the back.

Discusting.
I know this isn't going to suit your pseudo-conservative agenda, but here a goes.

It's funny some on here quoted only part of what Paul said. Here's the article. It is what it is.


“Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

It's funny how many on here only quoted Paul for the "live by the sword die by the sword" comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...y-seal-member/

Last edited by OctoberRust; 02-06-2013 at 20:33..
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:55   #93
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
I know this isn't going to suit your pseudo-conservative agenda, but here a goes.

It's funny some on here quoted only part of what Paul said. Here's the article. It is what it is.


“Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

It's funny how many on here only quoted Paul for the "live by the sword die by the sword" comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...y-seal-member/


So RP is accused unfairly on here of saying....exactly what he said?

RP said his death confirms/affirms the saying, what am I missing?
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:18   #94
I'M Glockamolie
Senior Member
 
I'M Glockamolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,238
Hey, at least Ron Paul has seen perfection at least once in his life, but it was like 40 years ago...

The Okie Corral
__________________
Brandon
I'M Glockamolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:20   #95
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I think you'll have to go back to around 1990 to find the origins of the problems the USA was having with Iraq. Best i can remember, they started it. We had a cease fire agreement, and they violated it, repeatedly.

It's amazing how your lack of historical background has warped your sense of who is the good guy, and who is the bad guy.
Hmmm.....I must have missed in 1990 when Iraq attacked America. I guess my history is a little dusty as you say. Can you link to a summary of when Iraq attacked America?
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:28   #96
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
You clearly have access to the internet. Break away from surfing porn for a second and do a little historical research. As posted above the invasion of Iraq was indeed a required follow up action the 1st Gulf War. Ever heard of Kuwait?
I have heard of it. Is that a state in America? You are also welcome to provide evidence of when Iraq attacked America. Btw, speaking of history, do you know WHY Iraq invaded Kuwait? Betting not. Something to do with Kuwaiti oil companies drilling diagonally into Iraq's oil fields across the border. Naaa, those details don't really matter do they?

Quote:
One would think by reading your post that you were routing for Americans to be killed in Iraq.....
Like Chris Rock said, "I don't condone it......but I understand."


Quote:
Why don't you drop yourself in the middle of Baghdad next week wearing your American Flag t-shirt and walk around for a while to see how those poor opposed Iraqi "freedom fighters" feel about you as a average American citizen. Maybe you will get invited for dinner at someones home.
Why would I do that? US sanctions killed a million Iraqis during Clinton's terms. And if that wasn't enough, the US gov't (notice I didn't say "we", because I had no say in the matter nor did you) then full scale invaded again under false pretenses. Can't imagine why I would be hesitant about wearing an American flag shirt in Baghdad.

Quote:
None of this of course has anything to do with the direct subject of this thread. The man who lost his life way to early gave more to this country than that old goat Ron Paul has in his long life. He should shut his trap and show due respect. Implying that he lost his life and that was somehow was justified by his actions in defense of this country while in the military is the pinnacle of arrogance by RP.
If we don't talk about foreign policy then what's the point of having a party or a country? Ron Paul's tweet (and fwiw I dont think Ron himself tweeted it) was factual and reminded again the unintended consequences of ill planned, unconstitutional, and poorly executed wars of aggression. He served in the military during war time and I will value his opinion much higher than most of the media pundits that never served a day.
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:33   #97
TrybalRage
Rule of wrist..
 
TrybalRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
So why is it? Because we deserve it? Kinda like those people in the World Trade Centers deserved it? They were just asking for it weren't they? All their children deserve to grow up without a parent(s) don't they?

This is one of the dumbest posts I've read in a long time (not surprising in a RP thread). You're clearly implying that bad things happen for a reason. What did the European Jews do wrong in the 1930s and 40s? What did those kids at Sandy Hook do wrong? I mean, clearly Adam Lanza had a good reason WHY he would shoot them, huh?

Go ahead, start clarifying and backpedaling.
Backpedal from what? No one used the word 'deserve' except you. I asked you why.

Not all bad things happen for a reason, but many of them do. We have been meddling in the Middle East for years and years, fanning the flames to make them hate us. You know what we've done for the past decade? Guaranteed that we have a generation of kids that will grow up to be the next round of terrorists. You can bank on that. They've watched their fathers and families die for reasons they won't even care about, they'll just remember whose flag was responsible. Those kids are now growing up without parents too. If you don't see that, you're blind.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. The entire country of Afghanistan was not involved with 9/11. By going to war against multiple Muslim nations, we've played exactly into the extremists hands. If we had gone directly after ONLY the people responsible, thousands of America's best and bravest would still be alive. THAT is the point of Paul's ill-worded tweet.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:52   #98
DaveShooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
True enough. But trying to use reason and logic on someone who is stupid enough to call a solider killing in the line of duty a murderer is most likely a waste of time. The numbskull who posted that is either trolling or brain dead.
I wasn't refering to a soldier in the line of duty doing his job and his duty by killing in order to the saving of American life or lives.
There is no reason or logic Chris Kyle was murdered by a sick SOB.And R-Paul should of kept his big mouth shut . But than Again this is America where a person does speak there minds maybe when they shouldn't.
DaveShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:54   #99
Shepherds_Hook_47
Senior Member
 
Shepherds_Hook_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 312
Blog Entries: 3
All the moaning aside.. I do think it is interesting that several nifty pro-gun folks have bit the dust in the past month or so... in kinda questionable ways.

Kinda creepy if you ask me.
__________________
Get Awesome Glock T-shirts Here:
BreakingThreads.com
-----------
Shepherds_Hook_47
Shepherds_Hook_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51   #100
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
Have you read his books?
Why would I bother? I watched the presidential debates. I got a front row ticket to crazy.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,155
361 Members
794 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42