Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 15:19   #51
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I can understand how you feel but there is an important data point that needs to be put on the table if everyone else is going to play the Veteran card,....Ron Paul is a Veteran.
PTSD manifests itself in many ways....including Ronulism.

The Okie Corral

Old 02-05-2013, 15:26   #52
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
I think his point is that the time to say your peace isn't when the bright lights of a tragedy is upon you. Like WBC, STFU during the tragedy. After, you can yap all you want about how you are (or are not) right.

Paul lacks tact. He thinks being right affords him the ability to speak his mind at any time. He speaks what he feels is truth, but lacks the love to deliver it.

BTW - IBTL. LOL
So, in other words, feel free to speak your mind but only after everyone has moved on to the next "big deal", no one is listening to you and you won't get any coverage.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 15:29   #53
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
And yet still, Romney is as much President as Ron Paul.
And only Paul is the "NOT PRESIDENT" that has made an arse of himself that his son is frantically trying to distance himself from.

Ron is a jerk. Plain and simple. His veneer of support for the troops is as false as his pretend BS support from the troops.

Just look at the truth.

Quote:
You math impaired ronulans cannot leave this alone.

Do some math, or find someone that can help you with it, anyone above 5th grade should be able to help.

You have to understand some things, and read beyond the headlines.
1. The Active Duty Military is culturally apolitical. Most do not donate to campaigns.
2. The number of donators is statistically insignificant.
3. It is impossible to tell whether the donations were from Active Duty Military members or Civilian employees.
4. It is voluntary to disclose your employer on the forms.
5. This same claim was made in 2008, based on a similarly small number of donors.
6. Ron Paul did very poorly in Military communities last primary.

I'll use Ft. Hood, both because it is the largest military post in the free world, and it is in Ron Paul's home state. If this claim were true, he would have crushed McCain in Bell County Texas.
http://www.bellcountytx.com/results/...%20Results.htm

Nope, Ronny got a whopping 4.48% of the Republican Vote in a county with a very large community of Active Duty Military members. 4.48%. That kinda sucks, don't you think? The Military does encourage it's members to vote. They have a very large turnout. In 2012, the libertarian messiah was only able to get 11% in a two way race with Mittens.

Go ahead and look for any county around or near a large military base, in any state, in 2008 or 2012, and you'll find that Paul did poorly at every one.

Here's a Paul Ad: Ron Paul TV Ad: Troops Support Ron Paul - YouTube

Pay attention to the end of that ad. "I'm Ron Paul, and I approve this message."

Now, armed with this information, all it takes for the Paul campaign to claim significant Active Duty Support, is an easy willingness to lie.

Either Paul paid as much attention to the data as he did those newsletters he was sending out, or he is in fact a liar too.

Pretty plain and simple, huh? I find it offensive that Paul would attempt to intentionally mislead the American people about who the Troops support.

I don't mind slapping those willing to use our Military Servicemen as political footballs, especially when Warriors are not noninterventionist peacenik pu**y's.

The Okie Corral

Another perspective:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
To echo/reinforce what Doc has been saying, with a little extra research thrown in....

Does Ron Paul Have the Support of the Military?

In a word, no.

There’s a talking point that’s been going around since at least 2007 about how Ron Paul gets more donations from military personnel than any other candidate. Sometimes you see variations on this theme, with Paul getting more donations from “active duty” soldiers, or Paul getting upwards of two to three times as much money as the rest of the field combined. This talking point gets repeated by Ron Paul’s Renfieldian horde…you know, the guys who criticize their detractors for not critically examining GOP talking points.

Well, there’s the truth and there’s what Paul supporters say is the truth. First, let’s examine the source of the claim.

By law, every campaign has to file a quarterly report with the FEC with respect to financing. These reports list donations received and expenditures made. These reports are public information which you can find here.

Now the first thing that hits you is: “Lyndon LaRouche’s campaign is still sending up reports?!” I know, right?

That aside, let’s look at Paul’s October 2011 report. If you click on “Contributions by Employer” you’ll see a list of all donations sorted by the donor’s employer. And yes, it certainly does seem that there’s a fair amount coming from military folks (my quick scan came up with about $35k, your mileage may vary as shown by the graph posted earlier...seems the graph used a very loose interpretation of "active duty.").

But now there are the details, and we’ll start with the axiom that, whenever a poll or data point can be manipulated, Ron Paul followers will manipulate it.

First, there’s the law. When one makes a donation, the law requires the campaign to collect employment data from the donor where the donation exceeds $200. In practice, campaigns usually try to collect this information from all donors because the $200 limit is cumulative. The campaign can’t get around the requirement for donors who make a number of small donations.

However, and it’s important to note this, that the standard for the information is that the campaign has to do its "best" to collect the information. What does not happen is the campaign actually verifying all of this, and in fact there is no legal penalty for a donor to, well, lie when asked. In other words, any schmo can give Ron Paul $50 and say he is in the military when in reality the military he’s talking about is located in Call of Duty on his Xbox.

Indeed, check out some of the other employers listed in Paul’s report: “The Lord” (That must be some W-2!), “Business” (that’s a little vague!), “Thanks Obama!” (you’re welcome?), and my favorite, “The Man.” Obviously we’re dealing with some very shaky data here, certainly too shaky to make a broad statement about how Paul has strong military support. The better explanation is, with a campaign that has been historically fond of attempts to stack straw polls, flood internet polls, bombard websites, and so on (I seem to recall an effort by Paul supporters to game the Missouri primary and steal McCain’s delegates, resulting in those supporters being banned from the primary/nomination process), donors are being less than honest about their actual employment.

But there’s another check which Doc has repeatedly pointed out and to which the Ronulans have no good answer. If Paul had such overwhelming military support, it stands to reason that he’d mop up in elections where there is a heavy military presence. In 2008 Paul was still running when Texas (his home state) had its primary. Statewide Paul lost the primary to McCain (who received 51%) and Huckabee (who received 38%). In fact, Paul only received 5% of the primary vote, and no delegates, in his home state. But more illuminating is the county breakdown. Let’s look at Bell County, Texas.

Bell County is home to Fort Hood, one of the largest US military bases in the world (and also happens to be in Paul's home state....). In that contest, 17,800 people voted with McCain receiving 58%, Huckabee 32%, and Paul 4%. If Paul had such rabid support from the military, why such a lousy showing in a county that not only has one of the largest military populations in the US, but is also in Paul's turf? Moreover, why such lousy results in similar counties across the US...?

Because a state primary isn’t as easy to game as a donor report with no verification mechanism.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 16:01   #54
KommieforniaGlocker

Paul communicated poorly

But he was trying to reiterate that the "Unintended Consequences of war" = PTSD and other psychological issues.

Lord knows the type of conditions our Men and Women in Uniform are fighting in and exposed to, and what type of situations they are faced with and put in on a day to day basis.

Not all people react to given situations accordingly. Some guys, take gut wrenching morbid tragedies and brush it off, others it deeply affects them.

I want our troops home and safe with their loved ones, use drones, use long ranging missiles, shoot lets turn that part of the world in to a parking lot.

But, lets take care of our people.....
We need more services and help for the ones that are coming home. If the last couple of months has shown us anything is that this country has long neglected mental health issues, at all levels. We need to take care of our own, get our house in order.

I have never served, call me a liberal (not by choice I was deemed medically not suitable) for wanting my country men and women home and safe.....

I think Ron Paul with poor timing, poor wording and as a Veteran that has served, said poorly what he was wanting to say.
That the collateral damage we are gonna deal with has yet to begin to be show itself here at home.
KommieforniaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:23   #55
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I have known several soldiers with different levels of PTSD that are still in service. They manage it.

I work with several.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:37   #56
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
My point is both Ron Paul and the Westboro Baptist church politicize the death of our soldiers.
If that's the standard, there's a whole lot more than Ron Paul and Westboro Baptist you can throw in there.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:45   #57
skeeter1959

Ron Paul is a retard. Now the whole world knows the extent of his goofiness.
skeeter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 21:28   #58
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
He's an idiot. Any critical read of his Rockwellian economic spew is enough. Everything else adds up to a combination of sad, kind of funny and mean. The yield will be/is irrelevance.
Link to economic articles you have issues with?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 21:32   #59
Ruggles

RP is a wee bit nuts, has been for years IMO. Hey New Mexico you want him? We will trade him to you for a 6 pack and 2 mules.....
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 21:48   #60
wavetrain75
Useless Member

Old 02-05-2013, 21:57   #61
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
Link to economic articles you have issues with?

Too many to list - but mostly his fixed money supply + gold standard gibberish.
Old 02-05-2013, 23:32   #62
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
Too many to list - but mostly his fixed money supply + gold standard gibberish.
I googled "Ron Paul fixed money supply" and got zero relevant hits. Not a single link where he has used that term. Gold standard doesn't imply a fixed money supply. Gold standard implies all money in circulation to be backed by gold. Want more money? Mine more gold. He advocates competing currencies much more than pure gold standard though.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 02-05-2013 at 23:36..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:36   #63
USAF96815

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
Its probably already been said but word is Chris Kyle was merely taking a young man out to the range to have some fun and "blow off steam" like most normal veterans do. (and many average Joes for that matter).

Clearly he didnt know the extent of the young mans problems. It was a mistake any one of us could have made. He was not "treating" PTSD as the media is rapidly spreading.
Correct. The PC Affidavit for the suspect arrest (and its online) clearly states the subject told investigators that he "Sold his soul for a new pick-up truck."

Suspect damn sure knew what he was doing and PSTD wasn't involved.

Thank God it happened in Texas....as they will surely put him in the front of the line once he's convicted.
USAF96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:42   #64
USAF96815

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/combo.pdf

P/C Affidavit in case anyone wants to read it.
USAF96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59   #65
JEEPX

Kyle glorified the killing of 160 people. He wrote a book about it and made money off of it.
Hero my arse.
Bottom line. Paul in this case, has it right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by JEEPX; 02-06-2013 at 03:08..
JEEPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:12   #66
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Under Ron Paul's foreign policy, chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield would still be alive.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-06-2013 at 03:17..
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:15   #67
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPX View Post
Kyle glorified the killing of 160 people. He wrote a book about it and made money off of it.
Hero my arse.

Kyle saved countless American lives with those kills. Are you saying you'd rather him not be so proficient and more American soldiers have died?
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25   #68
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF96815 View Post
Correct. The PC Affidavit for the suspect arrest (and its online) clearly states the subject told investigators that he "Sold his soul for a new pick-up truck."

Suspect damn sure knew what he was doing and PSTD wasn't involved.

Thank God it happened in Texas....as they will surely put him in the front of the line once he's convicted.
I suspect, based on his threats of suicide, threats of murdering his family, being tasered in jail afterwards, that Kyle likely underestimated how ill Routh actually was. It appears Routh needed to be hospitalized, not blowing off steam at the range. Kyle's love for his fellow soldier and willingness to assume the best of them got him killed.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:29   #69
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

I find it fascinating that the aPaulogists were just fine and dandy with Iran and North Korea having nuclear warheads that could strike the United States. It seemed to me that their major excitment is "Paul is going to legalize pot". So, what I gathered from the aPaulogists, who helped Obama win in much the same way Perot helped Clitnton win, that he has finally gone "too far".

He went too far a long time ago. So, the gist I get from aPaulogists, that his antisemitism, we deserve what we get from hostile countires, and lets all smoke weed while we get nuked till we glow was "okay". However, making an off handed remark about Chris Kyle is what makes people jump out of the Paul boat?

Honestly, I wish he had made some sort of similar remark early on last year. That way Obama wouldn't be trying to destroy the economy, and the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution by hook and by crook now.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:29   #70
Ruggles

Quote:
Hero my arse.

Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:15   #71
fx77
CLM Number 232
Charter Lifetime Member

Time for him to go away..he falls right into the plans of the Dems to externally and internally(via dissent) destroy the Rebpulican opposition...furthermore he will weaken any attempt of his son to run for the Highest Office.
fx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:47   #72
G36's Rule

Quote:
Hero my arse.

Amazing the number of turds that float to the top in threads like this.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48   #73
TrybalRage
Rule of wrist..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I find it fascinating that the aPaulogists were just fine and dandy with Iran and North Korea having nuclear warheads that could strike the United States. It seemed to me that their major excitment is "Paul is going to legalize pot". So, what I gathered from the aPaulogists, who helped Obama win in much the same way Perot helped Clitnton win, that he has finally gone "too far".

He went too far a long time ago. So, the gist I get from aPaulogists, that his antisemitism, we deserve what we get from hostile countires, and lets all smoke weed while we get nuked till we glow was "okay". However, making an off handed remark about Chris Kyle is what makes people jump out of the Paul boat?

Honestly, I wish he had made some sort of similar remark early on last year. That way Obama wouldn't be trying to destroy the economy, and the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution by hook and by crook now.
You apparently haven't talked to a lot of RP supporters. Out of any policies we support, the drug stuff rarely comes up.

And if I remember right, it was shown that even if all the third-party votes ha gone to Romney, he still would have lost.

The idea isn't about what Iran and North Korea have, it's WHY they would want to use it on us. It's not because "we're free".

TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:58   #74
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
The idea isn't about what Iran and North Korea have, it's WHY they would want to use it on us. It's not because "we're free".
So why is it? Because we deserve it? Kinda like those people in the World Trade Centers deserved it? They were just asking for it weren't they? All their children deserve to grow up without a parent(s) don't they?

This is one of the dumbest posts I've read in a long time (not surprising in a RP thread). You're clearly implying that bad things happen for a reason. What did the European Jews do wrong in the 1930s and 40s? What did those kids at Sandy Hook do wrong? I mean, clearly Adam Lanza had a good reason WHY he would shoot them, huh?

Go ahead, start clarifying and backpedaling.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:00   #75
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

Quote:
Hero my arse.

If you give me your pharmacy phone # I'd be happy to call in a refill for your meds.